Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Whatever happened to tag team wrestling?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Dead
The Sports Guy
Dead

Male
Number of posts : 31046
Registration date : 2008-08-19

Whatever happened to tag team wrestling? Empty
PostSubject: Whatever happened to tag team wrestling?   Whatever happened to tag team wrestling? EmptyThu 05 Jan 2012, 2:35 pm

Now before i get into this rant, bare in mind that it’s about this current generation of tag teams and what WWE and TNA are currently doing with them. I know WWE has had a very shitty tag team division for the past 5 or so years, but TNA has recently killed off what crediblity they had with theirs (with the break up of Beer Money, doing the Wild Card tournament etc). People have said in the past, that TNA’s tag division is leaps and bounds better than WWE’s but is it, really? Let’s break down the tag teams in each company, and decide what the hell just happened to tag team wrestling in this decade.

WWE: Air Boom (Kofi Kingston & Evan Bourne), The Usos, Tyler Reks & Curt Hawkins, Epico & Primo

TNA: The Motor City Machine Guns, Ink Inc., Mexican America

Just look at these lists, thats SEVEN tag teams in both mainstream companies. Is the art of tag team wrestling dying? Ring of Honor and CHIKARA have stronger tag team divisions than WWE and TNA do, and those are just indy companies that no one watches (mainly because its not WWE or TNA, which is sad), the last tag champions that Ring of Honor had, were infact an old tag team from WWE in The World’s Greatest Tag Team. I understand the point of eventually splitting up teams, but once both guys go on their singles paths, one is always built up more (Ex: Shawn Michaels, Edge etc) and it’s like…do they really need to put that person in a tag team if they were going to just be a top star one day anyway? What would of happened if Shawn Michaels never threw Marty Jannetty through the window at the Barber Shop? Would he of been the big star he is today? I honestly doubt that. But in closing, if the tag teams are truly to be rebuilt and grow….dont….DONT make tag teams just for the sole purpose of wanting one guy to break out and be a big star, because if you need to make and break a tag team just to do so, then it completely defeats the purpose.
Back to top Go down
Did You Miss Her?
Hall Of Famer
Did You Miss Her?

Male
Number of posts : 9685
Job/hobbies : Stroking Zachary Quinto's Ego....
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Dolph Ziggler, Kofi Kingston, John Morrison, Santino, Edge, Christian, Cody Rhodes, Randy Orton, Sheamus, & CM Punk.
Favorite WWE Diva : Melina, Beth Phoenix, Layla, Alicia Fox, & Gail Kim.
Favorite TNA Wrestler : Daniels, MCMGs, Crimson, Amazing Redd, Eric Young, Matt Morgan, Kurt Angle, & Generation Me.
Favorite TNA Knockout : Winter, Brooke Tessmacher, Mickie James, Madison Rayne, & Angelina Love.
Registration date : 2008-07-27

PostSubject: Re: Whatever happened to tag team wrestling?   Whatever happened to tag team wrestling? EmptyThu 05 Jan 2012, 7:15 pm

I agree the tag division in mainstream wrestling is dead. But that shit is alive and kicking in ROH! BRISGODS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ohhh and they have they're own dvd now, how the hell did I manage to miss that???? I also ordered the Tyler Black dvd as well.
Back to top Go down
#WeWantTaryn
Divas Lover.
#WeWantTaryn

Male
Number of posts : 7477
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Roman Reigns
Daniel Bryan
Jimmy & Jey Uso
Seth Rollins
Dolph Ziggler
Antonio Cesaro

Favorite WWE Diva : AJ Lee
Alicia Fox

Favorite TNA Wrestler : EC3
Austin Aries
MVP
Roode
Bobby Lashley
Kenny King
Favorite TNA Knockout : Taryn Terrell
Brittany
Angelina Love
Registration date : 2008-06-28

PostSubject: Re: Whatever happened to tag team wrestling?   Whatever happened to tag team wrestling? EmptyThu 05 Jan 2012, 7:22 pm

Its kinda sad that the bella twins are better than air boom.I also wanna say how. come wwe named otunga and mike the most boring tag team of all time when they didn't even have a chance to shine as a tag team.If anything there is always that one person who shines in each tag team
Back to top Go down
Shimmer Mark
World Champion
World Champion
Shimmer Mark

Male
Number of posts : 2263
Job/hobbies : Banking
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Antonio Cesaro, Justin Gabriel, Evan Bourne
Favorite WWE Diva : AJ, Natalya, Paige
Favorite TNA Wrestler : AJ Styles, Christopher Daniels
Favorite TNA Knockout : Gail Kim
Registration date : 2008-09-13

PostSubject: Re: Whatever happened to tag team wrestling?   Whatever happened to tag team wrestling? EmptyThu 05 Jan 2012, 9:10 pm

I am a HUGE fan of good tag team wrestling and I totally agree that there are VERY few decent teams right now.
Back to top Go down
Dead
The Sports Guy
Dead

Male

PostSubject: Re: Whatever happened to tag team wrestling?   Whatever happened to tag team wrestling? EmptyThu 05 Jan 2012, 10:59 pm

DrizzyDrakeFan wrote:
Its kinda sad that the bella twins are better than air boom.I also wanna say how. come wwe named otunga and mike the most boring tag team of all time when they didn't even have a chance to shine as a tag team.If anything there is always that one person who shines in each tag team

you're on crack if you think the Bellas are better than Air Boom
Back to top Go down
Did You Miss Her?
Hall Of Famer
Did You Miss Her?

Male
Number of posts : 9685
Job/hobbies : Stroking Zachary Quinto's Ego....
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Dolph Ziggler, Kofi Kingston, John Morrison, Santino, Edge, Christian, Cody Rhodes, Randy Orton, Sheamus, & CM Punk.
Favorite WWE Diva : Melina, Beth Phoenix, Layla, Alicia Fox, & Gail Kim.
Favorite TNA Wrestler : Daniels, MCMGs, Crimson, Amazing Redd, Eric Young, Matt Morgan, Kurt Angle, & Generation Me.
Favorite TNA Knockout : Winter, Brooke Tessmacher, Mickie James, Madison Rayne, & Angelina Love.
Registration date : 2008-07-27

PostSubject: Re: Whatever happened to tag team wrestling?   Whatever happened to tag team wrestling? EmptyFri 06 Jan 2012, 2:51 am

Dead wrote:
DrizzyDrakeFan wrote:

you're on crack if you think the Bellas are better than Air Boom

What the hell do you expect from a Kelly Kelly fan? If you aint pissing in sinks and shooting baseball bats out your twat then they dont care.
Back to top Go down
#WeWantTaryn
Divas Lover.
#WeWantTaryn

Male
Daniel Bryan
Jimmy & Jey Uso
Seth Rollins
Dolph Ziggler
Antonio Cesaro

Alicia Fox

Austin Aries
MVP
Roode
Bobby Lashley
Kenny King
Brittany
Angelina Love

PostSubject: Re: Whatever happened to tag team wrestling?   Whatever happened to tag team wrestling? EmptyFri 06 Jan 2012, 6:41 am

I'm talking about as a tag team and not wrestling skills what has air boom done as tag champs?.And just because I like kelly kelly dosent mean I don't know shit about wrestling.
Back to top Go down
Dead
The Sports Guy
Dead

Male

PostSubject: Re: Whatever happened to tag team wrestling?   Whatever happened to tag team wrestling? EmptyFri 06 Jan 2012, 3:47 pm

what has the Bellas done as a tag team, period? Exactly
Back to top Go down
#WeWantTaryn
Divas Lover.
#WeWantTaryn

Male
Daniel Bryan
Jimmy & Jey Uso
Seth Rollins
Dolph Ziggler
Antonio Cesaro

Alicia Fox

Austin Aries
MVP
Roode
Bobby Lashley
Kenny King
Brittany
Angelina Love

PostSubject: Re: Whatever happened to tag team wrestling?   Whatever happened to tag team wrestling? EmptyFri 06 Jan 2012, 3:54 pm

And what has air boom done as a tag team? EXACTLY!!
Back to top Go down
Dead
The Sports Guy
Dead

Male

PostSubject: Re: Whatever happened to tag team wrestling?   Whatever happened to tag team wrestling? EmptyFri 06 Jan 2012, 9:04 pm

theyve had a pretty good run as champions since the summer, stop being ignorant
Back to top Go down
#WeWantTaryn
Divas Lover.
#WeWantTaryn

Male
Daniel Bryan
Jimmy & Jey Uso
Seth Rollins
Dolph Ziggler
Antonio Cesaro

Alicia Fox

Austin Aries
MVP
Roode
Bobby Lashley
Kenny King
Brittany
Angelina Love

PostSubject: Re: Whatever happened to tag team wrestling?   Whatever happened to tag team wrestling? EmptyFri 06 Jan 2012, 11:08 pm

No I don't think so.And stop your bitching.
Back to top Go down
.Roray.Anderson.GX.
The Un-Average ROHbot
The Un-Average ROHbot
.Roray.Anderson.GX.

Male
Number of posts : 335
Job/hobbies : Collectiong PWG/ROH DVD's
Favorite WWE Wrestler : CM Punk, The Miz, Zack Ryder, Christian, Daniel Bryan, Wade Barrett
Favorite WWE Diva : Maryse, Natalya, Awesome Kong(Kharma or whatever).
Favorite TNA Wrestler : AJ Styles, Desmond Wolfe, Samoa Joe, Alex Shelley, Chris Sabin, Kazarian, Daniels, Brian Kendrick...but I really dont watch TNA that much
Favorite TNA Knockout : Velvet Sky, Tara, Mickie James
Registration date : 2011-04-28

PostSubject: Re: Whatever happened to tag team wrestling?   Whatever happened to tag team wrestling? EmptySat 07 Jan 2012, 9:22 am

ROH ROH ROH!!

Yea...Tag Team Wrestling is in a pickle right now...

but atleast place like Ring of Honor keep it good and well.

C&C Connection, Future Shock, THE BUCKS, H.O.T., ANX, Briscoes, WGTT, Bravados, etc.

BTW, If ANYONE wants to see a good Tag Match, go to WMR-Sports.net, sign up, go to on demand, click wrestling, independant, then go to PWG Steen Wolf, then look for the match before the main event, The Young Bucks vs. Future Shock, prolly one of the best tag matches ive seen in a LONG time..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Whatever happened to tag team wrestling?   Whatever happened to tag team wrestling? Empty

Back to top Go down

Whatever happened to tag team wrestling?
Page 1 of 1