Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Your Top 5 Divas of All Time

Go down 
+10
Paul Wyatt
Did You Miss Her?
perceval
bobby_says_hi
Eric
King Silva
X
Mia
The LL Father
Dead
14 posters
AuthorMessage
Dead
The Sports Guy
Dead

Male
Number of posts : 31046
Registration date : 2008-08-19

Your Top 5 Divas of All Time Empty
PostSubject: Your Top 5 Divas of All Time   Your Top 5 Divas of All Time EmptySat 04 Feb 2012, 5:00 pm

Same thing as the last post, but this time revolving around only divas. I will probably be reading off your lists, since no one wants to help me with them lol. It can be any era, any company, so...go nuts!

Note: This will be recorded and uploaded onto the ARC of Wrestling Podcast YouTube
Back to top Go down
The LL Father
THEE LaylaLover
The LL Father

Male
Number of posts : 18234
Job/hobbies : Sleeping and Drinking
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Kane
Kaval
William Regal
Dolph Ziggler
The Miz
Favorite WWE Diva : Layla El
Beth Pheonix
Vickie Guerrero
Rosa Mendes
Gail Kim
Favorite TNA Wrestler : N/A
Favorite TNA Knockout : N/A
Registration date : 2008-08-03

PostSubject: Re: Your Top 5 Divas of All Time   Your Top 5 Divas of All Time EmptySun 05 Feb 2012, 12:54 am

Layla
Chyna
Beth
Lita
Kharma
Back to top Go down
Mia
Shield Believer
Shield Believer
Mia

Female
Number of posts : 13322
Job/hobbies : zombies
Favorite WWE Wrestler :
Seth Rollins
Roman Reigns
Dean Ambrose
Sami Zayn
Adrian Neville
Antonio Cesaro
Dolph Ziggler
Corey Graves
Sheamus
Christian
Edge
CM Punk

Favorite WWE Diva :
Paige
Emma
Michelle
Eve
Maryse
ivory
trish
lita

Favorite TNA Wrestler : Roode
Aries
Bully Ray
Storm
The Wolves

Favorite TNA Knockout : Brooke
Christy
Taryn

Registration date : 2008-07-03

PostSubject: Re: Your Top 5 Divas of All Time   Your Top 5 Divas of All Time EmptySun 05 Feb 2012, 1:38 am

Michelle
Lita
Trish
Ivory
Victoria
Back to top Go down
X
Ultimate Opportunist
X

Male
Number of posts : 8594
Favorite WWE Wrestler : ---
Justin Gabriel
Kofi Kingston
Chris Jericho
Tyson Kidd
Favorite WWE Diva : ---
AJ
Kaitlyn
Natalya

Favorite TNA Wrestler : ---
Rob Van Dam

Favorite TNA Knockout : ---
Tara
Christy Hemme
Gail
Registration date : 2008-08-24

PostSubject: Re: Your Top 5 Divas of All Time   Your Top 5 Divas of All Time EmptySun 05 Feb 2012, 8:31 am

Lita
Gail Kim
Victoria
Ashley
Chyna
Back to top Go down
King Silva
King of Kings
King Silva

Male
Number of posts : 32652
Favorite WWE Wrestler : ---
Current and Former:
The Rock, JoMo, Ziggler, Edge, Orton, Y2J, Hardyz, + Rhodes!
Favorite WWE Diva : -------
ALL TIME
# 1} Lita
# 2} Trish Stratus
# 3} Mickie James
# 4} Gail Kim
# 5} Michelle McCool

Favorite TNA Wrestler : ----

Favorite TNA Knockout : ---
Registration date : 2009-09-30

PostSubject: Re: Your Top 5 Divas of All Time   Your Top 5 Divas of All Time EmptySun 05 Feb 2012, 8:47 am

King Silva's Top 5 Favorite Divas of ALL TIME:

# 1} Lita
# 2} Trish Stratus
# 3} Mickie James
# 4} Gail Kim
# 5} Michelle McCool
Back to top Go down
Eric
Hall Of Famer
Eric

Male
Number of posts : 6318
Favorite WWE Diva : Top 5
(Including NXT)
#1 - Nikki Bella
#2 - Charlotte
#3 - Summer Rae
#4 - Eva Marie
#5 - Alicia Fox
Favorite TNA Knockout : Top 5
#1 - Brooke
#2 - Taryn Terrell
#3 - Angelina Love
#4 - Brittany
#5 - Gail Kim
Registration date : 2008-11-15

PostSubject: Re: Your Top 5 Divas of All Time   Your Top 5 Divas of All Time EmptySun 05 Feb 2012, 8:59 am

#5 - Trish Stratus. Although I've never liked Trish, she was WWE's golden girl. She had wrestling skills, there's no denying that. But, the WWE put her up on a pedestal and never took her down. Way too overrated.

#4 - Michelle McCool. Even though McCool has her fair share of haters, she was this era's golden girl. During her time in the WWE, we saw Michelle evolve from the emotionless Diva Search reject to one of the best Divas the roster had in that time. You may hate the girl, but you can't deny she had skills.

#3 - Maryse. She might not have been the best wrestling skills wise, but everything she was missing, she won back with her personality.

#2 - Beth Phoenix. The Glamazon has been one of the best Divas the WWE has ever had. She has talent, personality and she is over.

#1 - Victoria. She is everything in one package. Wrestling skills, the looks, the personality. It's a real shame that she became the jobber that she was at the end of her career as a Diva.

I would've liked to make a top 10. Your Top 5 Divas of All Time 322963
Back to top Go down
Dead
The Sports Guy
Dead

Male
Number of posts : 31046
Registration date : 2008-08-19

PostSubject: Re: Your Top 5 Divas of All Time   Your Top 5 Divas of All Time EmptyMon 06 Feb 2012, 4:45 pm

K so i only got 5 responses for this? All the divas fans and 5 people replied...smh
Back to top Go down
bobby_says_hi
World Champion
World Champion

Male
Number of posts : 1480
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Evan Bourne, The Miz, Kaval
Favorite WWE Diva : Gail Kim, Eve Torres, LayCool
Favorite TNA Wrestler : AJ Styles, British Invasion, Ink Inc, Austin Aries, Motor City Machine Guns
Favorite TNA Knockout : Angelina Love, Sarita
Registration date : 2010-01-21

PostSubject: Re: Your Top 5 Divas of All Time   Your Top 5 Divas of All Time EmptyMon 06 Feb 2012, 5:14 pm

Trish Stratus
Gail Kim
Molly Holly
Tori
Ivory
Back to top Go down
perceval
World Champion
World Champion

Number of posts : 1445
Registration date : 2011-06-10

PostSubject: Re: Your Top 5 Divas of All Time   Your Top 5 Divas of All Time EmptyMon 06 Feb 2012, 5:38 pm

1. Trish Stratus:

Spoiler:

As Ivory said, Trish is who put it all together and made the Golden Era happen. The simple fact that the Golden Era began with her first Women's Championship win, and the decline in crowd reaction began with her retirement, shows why she's on top of any objective list. She was dubbed The Total Package not by the company, not by wrestling publication writers, but by her peers, the boys in the back. The writers picked that title up from the wrestlers.

It was when Trish was the centerpiece that Women's wrestling went from a gimmick like Midgit wrestling (Even the likes of Moolah, Sherri, Madusa, & Chyna couldn't change that) to an upper card draw in it's own right. The fact that Women's wrestling in North America is popular enough not only to produce TNA's Knockouts, but all the all female promotions like Shimmer, EVE, WSU, and others shows what the Golden Era Divas accomplished. And Trish was the woman who, as Ivory said, made all that happen.

It wasn't as though she was pushed, constantly. The company frequently de-pushed her when she pisssed Management off for one reason or another. Her first title run ended suddenly as punishment for refusing to participate in a bit with Stacy, Billy, & Chuck (Torrie did it, instead). In late 2003, she was de-pushed in favor of, first, Johnny Ace favorite (at the time) Gail Kim, then Victoria, only for the fans to, once again, decide who the top girl was, regardless of who the company wanted to push. It shows how big her impact was that we now call whoever the woman is who is the center and rock of a promotion or Division "the Trish." Being the Trish is now a job description.

I know some say they could have made ANYONE as popular as Trish, but if that was the case, why has every attempt, from Gail's first run onward, not been nearly as successful? Despite her battles with Management through the years, by the end, they knew what they were losing, that an Era was ending...

Spoiler:

2. Lita: She was there from 2000 to 2006, and she was on the shelf with injuries for almost half that time. You'd think spending almost half your career on the shelf and not wrestling would be a legacy killer, yet... When writers put together their lists of greatest women wrestlers of all time, look who always has that #3 spot after Moolah & Trish. That tells you everything, how she made the most with what little time she actually had. Was she the greatest technical wrestler in the world? Of course not. No where close. But, it takes more than just technical skill to be the best. You need mic skills, charisma, and the ability to connect with the crowd, to make them care. And let's be honest, folks... Were Stone Cold and the Rock the greatest technical wrestlers in the world?

Like Trish, Lita more than earned her spot.

3. Sable: Say what you will about her, but she's where we got the term Diva. She was their first breakout crossover female star, their first major magazine cover girl, bringing sex appeal to the Attitude Era.

4. Mickie James: If Trish is who made it happen, Mickie is who kept it together once Trish retired. She was never as popular as "the Trish" as the original was, but her skill, cuteness, and charisma kept the fans interested. The Divas are lacking that, now. Mickie, meanwhile, is now "the Trish" at TNA.

5. Victoria: Hogan had Piper, Flair had Sting, the Rock had Triple H, and Trish had Victoria, the rival and foil the top attraction needs, and the role Victoria was perfect for. Unfortunately, once Trish was gone, Golden Era Divas like Victoria & Jazz fell by the wayside during the Mickie Era in favor of new ones like Beth Phoenix and Melina, brought up along with Mickie to be for her what Victoria and Jazz were for Trish.

That said, at the end of her run with the company, we saw how significant they thought she was when she got something Mickie, Melina, Michelle, Maryse, even Lita, didn't...

Spoiler:

Only she and Trish were given that final bow. I was surprised Michelle didn't get that.

Back to top Go down
Did You Miss Her?
Hall Of Famer
Did You Miss Her?

Male
Number of posts : 9685
Job/hobbies : Stroking Zachary Quinto's Ego....
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Dolph Ziggler, Kofi Kingston, John Morrison, Santino, Edge, Christian, Cody Rhodes, Randy Orton, Sheamus, & CM Punk.
Favorite WWE Diva : Melina, Beth Phoenix, Layla, Alicia Fox, & Gail Kim.
Favorite TNA Wrestler : Daniels, MCMGs, Crimson, Amazing Redd, Eric Young, Matt Morgan, Kurt Angle, & Generation Me.
Favorite TNA Knockout : Winter, Brooke Tessmacher, Mickie James, Madison Rayne, & Angelina Love.
Registration date : 2008-07-27

PostSubject: Re: Your Top 5 Divas of All Time   Your Top 5 Divas of All Time EmptyMon 06 Feb 2012, 5:38 pm

1)Sable
2)Lita
3)Riot
4)Ice Cold
5)April Hunter

Reasons why coming later......
Back to top Go down
Paul Wyatt
NCD aka Name Changing Dude
NCD aka Name Changing Dude
Paul Wyatt

Male
Number of posts : 18569
Job/hobbies : Self-Improving
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Antonio Cesaro
Bray Wyatt
Daniel Bryan
Dolph Ziggler
Sheamus
The Shield
The Usos
Wade Barrett
Favorite WWE Diva : Naomi
Natalya
Favorite TNA Wrestler : Austin Aries
Bobby Roode
Bully Ray
Eric Young
James Storm
Registration date : 2008-07-31

PostSubject: Re: Your Top 5 Divas of All Time   Your Top 5 Divas of All Time EmptyMon 06 Feb 2012, 7:34 pm

1 & 2 - Mickie James, Victoria - Decent wrestler, sexy and at some point in WWE had a great heel gimmick.

3 - Layla - Not a great wrestler, but sexy as fuck. Beginning to come into her own.

4 - Lita - Was sloppy at times, but she was fun to watch.

5 - Trish Stratus - She grew into a decent wrestler. Was a good manager & great eye candy.

Last edited by #HEEL D-Bry on Tue 07 Feb 2012, 1:51 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : OOPS ALMOST FORGOT #5)
Back to top Go down
#WeWantTaryn
Divas Lover.
#WeWantTaryn

Male
Number of posts : 7477
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Roman Reigns
Daniel Bryan
Jimmy & Jey Uso
Seth Rollins
Dolph Ziggler
Antonio Cesaro

Favorite WWE Diva : AJ Lee
Alicia Fox

Favorite TNA Wrestler : EC3
Austin Aries
MVP
Roode
Bobby Lashley
Kenny King
Favorite TNA Knockout : Taryn Terrell
Brittany
Angelina Love
Registration date : 2008-06-28

PostSubject: Re: Your Top 5 Divas of All Time   Your Top 5 Divas of All Time EmptyMon 06 Feb 2012, 9:16 pm

5.Torrie Wilson-I enjoyed her back on Smackdown 03-04 and she was really the best SD Diva ever not the best wrestler ever but definitely not the worst.
4.Natayla-Simply amazing I love everything about her.
3.Stacy Keblier-IMO I think she was better than Trish in many ways besides wrestling
2.Dawn Marie-Sams reason as torrie.
1.Mickie James-This woman is the total package of what a diva should be
Back to top Go down
VLG.
The Voice
The Voice
VLG.

Male
Number of posts : 3474
Job/hobbies : Musician/Radio Presenter/Charity Worker
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Daniel Bryan
CM Punk
Cesaro
Roman Reigns
Adam Rose
Favorite WWE Diva : AJ Lee
Paige
Brie Bella
Favorite TNA Wrestler : Jeff Hardy
Bully Ray

Registration date : 2009-11-14

PostSubject: Re: Your Top 5 Divas of All Time   Your Top 5 Divas of All Time EmptyMon 06 Feb 2012, 9:49 pm

Personally, my Top 5 are Maria Kanellis, Michelle McCool, Natalya, Beth Phoenix and Lita. all are awesome, all our super sexy. Maria was the only one not to have won a championship, but at the same time probably one of the most deserving jsut simply for the effort she put in. Michelle was the top diva of the PG era by a country mile, confident and talented on the mic, confident and talented in the ring. Natalya is probably one of the most talented Divas on the roster, possibly ever. Beth Phoenix is sort of like a Chyna of the post-Attitude Era WWE only a lot better. And I don't need to say any more about Lita.

As for greatest 5, I'd probably say Trish Stratus, Fabulous Moolah, Lita, Mickie James and Mae Young. I don't think that that needs any explanation.
Back to top Go down
Quisee
Quisee

Male
Number of posts : 2178
Job/hobbies : Media Services department at Florissant Valley College
Registration date : 2009-01-13

PostSubject: Re: Your Top 5 Divas of All Time   Your Top 5 Divas of All Time EmptyThu 09 Feb 2012, 12:36 pm

Trish Stratus
Lita
Sable
Chyna
Sunny
Back to top Go down
WarGreymon77
Midcarder
Midcarder
WarGreymon77

Male
Number of posts : 466
Favorite WWE Wrestler : The Undertaker, Triple H, R-Truth, Booker T, Teddy Long, CM Punk
Favorite WWE Diva : 'Kharma', Kelly Kelly, Maryse
Favorite TNA Wrestler : Sting, Brother Devon, A.J. Styles, Beer Money Inc, "The Pope" D'Angelo Dinero
Favorite TNA Knockout : Velvet Sky, Mickie James, Angelina Love, So Cal Val, Daffney...
Registration date : 2011-02-02

PostSubject: Re: Your Top 5 Divas of All Time   Your Top 5 Divas of All Time EmptyThu 09 Feb 2012, 3:13 pm

1. Lita - Well rounded, and there was just a certain aura of coolness that I adored about her. I could tell from the moment that I saw her first moonsault on Sunday Night Heat (/w Essa Rios) that she was something special.

2. Trish Stratus - Widely considered to be the best women's champion of "the modern era".

3. Chyna in her prime (approximately 1998-2000) - Say what you will, but I was excited as hell when I saw her beat the crap out of guys who deserved it. Remember, this is back when I thought wrestling was "real". As the first and only female Intercontinental Champion, she broke new ground.

4. Stacy Keibler before she left WWE - She might not been much of a wrestler, but she turned me on like nobody else at the time, so...

5. Mickie James - Sexy, with delicious curves, from Virginia, and one hell of a wrestler.

Honorable mentions:

Medusa in WCW - My first glimpse of a female wrestler, period.

Sable - the first WWF/E diva that I took notice of; You could say that her character helped move women from being valets in the shadows to being in the spotlight.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Your Top 5 Divas of All Time   Your Top 5 Divas of All Time Empty

Back to top Go down

Your Top 5 Divas of All Time
Page 1 of 1