Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Grammy Awards 2012: As Whitney Houston's Death Casts Shadow, Adele Sweeps the Awards!!!

Go down 
+3
Did You Miss Her?
X
King Silva
7 posters
AuthorMessage
King Silva
King of Kings
King Silva

Male
Number of posts : 32652
Favorite WWE Wrestler : ---
Current and Former:
The Rock, JoMo, Ziggler, Edge, Orton, Y2J, Hardyz, + Rhodes!
Favorite WWE Diva : -------
ALL TIME
# 1} Lita
# 2} Trish Stratus
# 3} Mickie James
# 4} Gail Kim
# 5} Michelle McCool

Favorite TNA Wrestler : ----

Favorite TNA Knockout : ---
Registration date : 2009-09-30

Grammy Awards 2012: As Whitney Houston's Death Casts Shadow, Adele Sweeps the Awards!!! Empty
PostSubject: Grammy Awards 2012: As Whitney Houston's Death Casts Shadow, Adele Sweeps the Awards!!!   Grammy Awards 2012: As Whitney Houston's Death Casts Shadow, Adele Sweeps the Awards!!! EmptyMon 13 Feb 2012, 3:59 am

Grammy Awards 2012: As Whitney Houston's Death Casts Shadow, Adele Sweeps the Awards!!! 2099859175_11353493412

http://theenvelope.latimes.com/news/env-grammy-awards-2012-news-story,0,2521674.story

On an evening overshadowed by the shocking death of a singer who was once one of pop music’s most radiant young stars, the pop stratosphere’s latest bright light, 23-year-old British R&B-soul singer Adele, was showered Sunday night with six Grammy Awards for cathartic music she channeled out of her own pain and despair.

Adele delivered the biggest album of 2011 with “21,” her sophomore outing that explored various facets of a painful romantic breakup, and scored the year’s biggest single, “Rolling in the Deep.” She won in all six categories in which she was nominated, including the marquee triple crown of album, record and song for widely acclaimed songs that reach to the depths of heartache to find solace and hope.

But solace and hope ultimately eluded Whitney Houston, who died Saturday at age 48 on the eve of the Grammy show, after struggling for more than two decades with drug abuse and other issues. She died just hours before she had been scheduled to attend the annual pre-Grammy party hosted by Clive Davis, the veteran music executive who discovered and signed her to her first record contract nearly three decades ago, guiding her to superstardom with soaring hits including “I Will Always Love You,” “Saving All My Love for You” and “Greatest Love of All.”

The Houston and Adele stories also combined to steal some thunder from the Foo Fighters, the long-running alt-rock band that went five for six on the night, ceding only the album-of-the-year honor to Adele.

Host LL Cool J opened the show — after Bruce Springsteen & the E Street Band played their latest single, “We Take Care of Our Own” — with a prayer for “our fallen sister,” saying it was appropriate to proceed with an award show because “the power of music is what brings us all here.”

“This is ridiculous,” the singer born Adele Laurie Blue Adkins said on accepting record of the year, and then broke into tears when “21” was announced as the album winner to cap the 3½-hour awards show.

“This record is inspired by something everyone’s been through, which is a rubbish relationship,” she said. “It’s gone on to do things I can’t tell you…. It’s been a life-changing year.”

Earlier she had thanked the doctors who performed surgery on her damaged vocal cords, saying they “brought my voice back” after throat problems prompted her to cancel significant chunks of her 2011 tour.

Adele’s blockbuster success with music that reaches broadly across age, racial and stylistic differences made her an ideal candidate for multiple Grammys, handed out annually by the Recording Academy, the music industry organization whose membership includes musicians, producers, engineers, managers, record company officials and others.

Rapper Kanye West leads the nominations with seven and won four: rap song (“All of the Lights”), album (“My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy”), performance (with Jay-Z for “Otis”) and collaboration (with Rihanna). Presenting the rap performance Grammy, Marc Anthony said the hip-hop kingpins were not able to attend and, with co-presenter Fergie, accepted the statuette for them.

The Foo Fighters and Bruno Mars tied Adele at six nominations, with rapper Lil Wayne and electronica artist Skrillex right behind at five apiece. Skrillex landed a pair for dance recording and dance/electronica album, for the “Scary Monsters and Nice Sprites” track and album.

The Foo Fighters, who played their nominated song “Walk” outside Staples, learned they won four Grammys before the evening’s ceremony began, during the pre-show awards that cover about 90% of the winners. They took rock album, hard rock or metal performance for the track “White Limo,” rock song for “Walk” and long-form video for “Foo Fighters: Back and Forth” before adding a fifth with the rock song award for “Walk.”

“This is a special record for our band,” singer and lead guitarist Dave Grohl said. ”Rather than go to the best studio in Hollywood … we made this in my garage with a microphone and a tape machine…. This award shows the human element of making music is the most important thing. It’s not about being perfect or sounding absolutely correct. It’s about what goes on in here [gesturing to his chest], not what goes on in a computer.”

British singer-songwriter Amy Winehouse, another recent pop music tragedy, was given a posthumous Grammy for her duet with Tony Bennett on the pop standard “Body and Soul,” from his “Duets II” album, which took a second award for Bennett as traditional pop vocal album.

Indie rocker Bon Iver was named best new artist over country’s the Band Perry, rapper J. Cole and Nicki Minaj and Skrillex.

----------------------------------
http://theenvelope.latimes.com/awards/grammys/la-env-grammy-awards-2012-winners-nominees-list,0,4795916.htmlstory

^ This link has ALL of the winners but I am only going to post certain categories because 78 is WAY too many..

GENERAL FIELD

Album of the Year
WINNER "21" - Adele
"Wasting Light" - Foo Fighters
"Born This Way" - Lady Gaga
"Doo-Wops & Hooligans" - Bruno Mars
"Loud" - Rihanna

Record of the Year
WINNER "Rolling In The Deep" - Adele
"Holocene" - Bon Iver
"Grenade" - Bruno Mars
"The Cave" - Mumford & Sons
"Firework" - Katy Perry

Song of the Year
"All Of The Lights" - Jeff Bhasker, Malik Jones, Warren Trotter & Kanye West, songwriters (Kanye West, Rihanna, Kid Cudi & Fergie)
"The Cave" - Ted Dwane, Ben Lovett, Marcus Mumford & Country Winston, songwriters (Mumford & Sons)
"Grenade" - Brody Brown, Claude Kelly, Philip Lawrence, Ari Levine, Bruno Mars & Andrew Wyatt, songwriters (Bruno Mars)
"Holocene" - Justin Vernon, songwriter (Bon Iver)
WINNER "Rolling in the Deep" - Adele Adkins & Paul Epworth, songwriters (Adele)

Best New Artist
The Band Perry
WINNER Bon Iver
J. Cole
Nicki Minaj
Skrillex

POP FIELD

Best Pop Solo Performance
WINNER "Someone Like You" - Adele
"Yoü And I" - Lady Gaga
"Grenade" - Bruno Bars
"Firework" - Katy Perry
"... Perfect" - Pink

Best Pop Duo/Group Performance
WINNER "Body And Soul" - Tony Bennett & Amy Winehouse
"Dearest" - The Black Keys
"Paradise" - Coldplay
"Pumped Up Kicks" - Foster the People
"Moves Like Jagger" - Maroon 5 & Christina Aguilera

Best Pop Instrumental Album
"Wish Upon A Star" - Jenny Oaks Baker
"E Kahe Malie" - Daniel Ho
WINNER "The Road From Memphis" - Booker T. Jones
"Hello Tomorrow" - Dave Koz
"Setzer Goes Instru-Mental!" - Brian Setzer

Best Pop Vocal Album
WINNER "21" - Adele
"The Lady Killer" - Cee Lo Green
"Born This Way" - Lady Gaga
"Doo-Wops & Hooligans" - Bruno Mars
"Loud" - Rihanna

ROCK FIELD

Best Rock Performance
"Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall" - Coldplay
"Down By The Water" - The Decemberists
WINNER "Walk" - Foo Fighters
"The Cave" - Mumford & Sons
"Lotus Flower" - Radiohead

Best Hard Rock/Metal Performance
"On The Backs Of Angels" - Dream Theater
WINNER "White Limo" - Foo Fighters
"Curl Of The Burl" - Mastodon
"Public Enemy No. 1" - Megadeth
"Blood In My Eyes" - Sum 41

Best Rock Song

"The Cave" - Ted Dwane, Ben Lovett, Marcus Mumford & Country Winston, songwriters (Mumford & Sons)
"Down By The Water" - Colin Meloy, songwriter (The Decemberists)
"Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall" - Guy Berryman, Jonny Buckland, Will Champion & Chris Martin, songwriters (Coldplay)
"Lotus Flower" - Colin Greenwood, Jonny Greenwood, Ed O'Brien, Phil Selway & Thom Yorke, songwriters (Radiohead)
WINNER "Walk" - Foo Fighters, songwriters (Foo Fighters)

Best Rock Album
"Rock 'N' Roll Party Honoring Les Paul" - Jeff Beck
WINNER "Wasting Light" - Foo Fighters
"Come Around Sundown" - Kings of Leon
"I'm With You" - Red Hot Chili Peppers
"The Whole Love" - Wilco

ALTERNATIVE FIELD

Best Alternative Music Album
WINNER "Bon Iver" - Bon Iver
"Codes And Keys" - Death Cab For Cutie
"Torches" - Foster The People
"Circuital" - My Morning Jacket
"The King of Limbs" - Radiohead

R&B FIELD

Best R&B Performance

"Far Away" - Marsha Ambrosius
"Pieces Of Me" - Ledisi
"Not My Daddy" - Kelly Price & Stokley
WINNER "Is This Love" - Corinne Bailey Rae
"You Are" - Charlie Wilson

Best Traditional R&B Performance
"Sometimes I Cry" - Eric Benét
WINNER "Fool For You" - Cee Lo Green & Melanie Fiona
"Radio Message" - R. Kelly
"Good Man" - Raphael Saadiq
"Surrender" - Betty Wright & The Roots

Best R&B Song
"Far Away" - Marsha Ambrosius, Sterling Simms & Justin Smith, songwriters (Marsha Ambrosius)
WINNER "Fool For You" - Cee Lo Green & Jack Splash, songwriters (Cee Lo Green & Melanie Fiona)
"Not My Daddy" - Kelly Price, songwriter (Kelly Price & Stokley)
"Pieces Of Me" - Charles Harmon, Claude Kelly & Ledisi Young, songwriters (Ledisi)
"You Are" - Dennis Bettis, Carl M. Days, Jr., Wirlie Morris, Charlie Wilson & Mahin Wilson, songwriters (Charlie Wilson)

Best R&B Album
WINNER "F.A.M.E." - Chris Brown
"Second Chance" - El DeBarge
"Love Letter" - R. Kelly
"Pieces Of Me" - Ledisi
"Kelly" - Kelly Price

RAP FIELD

Best Rap Performance
"Look At Me Now" - Chris Brown, Lil Wayne & Busta Rhymes
WINNER "Otis" - Jay-Z & Kanye West
"The Show Goes On" - Lupe Fiasco
"Moment 4 Life" - Nicki Minaj & Drake
"Black And Yellow" - Wiz Khalifa

Best Rap/Sung Collaboration
"Party" - Beyoncé & André 3000
"I'm On One" - DJ Khaled, Drake, Rick Ross & Lil Wayne
"I Need A Doctor" - Dr. Dre, Eminem & Skylar Grey
"What's My Name?" - Rihanna & Drake
"Motivation" - Kelly Rowland & Lil Wayne
WINNER "All Of The Lights" - Kanye West, Rihanna, Kid Cudi & Fergie

Best Rap Song
WINNER "All Of The Lights" - Jeff Bhasker, Malik Jones, Warren Trotter & Kanye West, songwriters (Kanye West, Rihanna, Kid Cudi & Fergie)
"Black And Yellow" - Mikkel Eriksen, Tor Erik Hermansen & Cameron Thomaz, songwriters (Wiz Khalifa)
"I Need A Doctor" - Andre Young, Marshall Mathers III, Alexander Grant & Skylar Grey, songwriters (Dr. Dre, Eminem & Skylar Grey)
"Look At Me Now" - Jean Baptiste, Chris Brown, Ryan Buendia, Trevor Smith, Dwayne Carter, Jr. & Wesley Pentz, songwriters (Chris Brown, Lil Wayne & Busta Rhymes)
"Otis" - Shawn Carter & Kanye West, songwriters (James Brown, Jimmy Campbell, Reg Connelly, Roy Hammond, J. Roach, Kirk Robinson & Harry Woods, songwriters) (Jay-Z & Kanye West)
"The Show Goes On" - Dustin William Brower, Jonathon Keith Brown, Daniel Johnson, Kane & Wasalu Muhammad Jaco, songwriters (Isaac Brock, Dann Gallucci & Eric Judy, songwriters) (Lupe Fiasco)

Best Rap Album
"Watch The Throne" - Jay-Z & Kanye West
"Tha Carter IV" - Lil Wayne
"Lasers" - Lupe Fiasco
"Pink Friday" - Nicki Minaj
WINNER "My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy" - Kanye West

COUNTRY FIELD

Best Country Solo Performance
"Dirt Road Anthem" - Jason Aldean
"I'm Gonna Love You Through It" - Martina McBride
"Honey Bee" - Blake Shelton
WINNER "Mean" - Taylor Swift
"Mama's Song" - Carrie Underwood

Best Country Duo/Group Performance

"Don't You Wanna Stay" - Jason Aldean With Kelly Clarkson
"You And Tequila" - Kenny Chesney Featuring Grace Potter
WINNER "Barton Hollow" - The Civil Wars
"Are You Gonna Kiss Me Or Not" - Thompson Square

Best Country Song
"Are You Gonna Kiss Me Or Not" - Jim Collins & David Lee Murphy, songwriters (Thompson Square)
"God Gave Me You" - Dave Barnes, songwriter (Blake Shelton)
"Just Fishin'" - Casey Beathard, Monty Criswell & Ed Hill, songwriters (Trace Adkins)
WINNER "Mean" - Taylor Swift, songwriter (Taylor Swift)
"Threaten Me With Heaven" - Vince Gill, Amy Grant, Will Owsley & Dillon O'Brian, songwriters (Vince Gill)
"You And Tequila" - Matraca Berg & Deana Carter, songwriters (Kenny Chesney Featuring Grace Potter)

Best Country Album
"My Kinda Party" - Jason Aldean
"Chief" - Eric Church
WINNER "Own The Night" - Lady Antebellum
"Red River Blue" - Blake Shelton
"Here For A Good Time" - George Strait
"Speak Now" - Taylor Swift

Last edited by King Silva on Mon 13 Feb 2012, 5:18 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
X
Ultimate Opportunist
X

Male
Number of posts : 8594
Justin Gabriel
Kofi Kingston
Chris Jericho
Tyson Kidd
Favorite WWE Diva : ---
AJ
Kaitlyn
Natalya

Favorite TNA Wrestler : ---
Rob Van Dam

Tara
Christy Hemme
Gail
Registration date : 2008-08-24

Grammy Awards 2012: As Whitney Houston's Death Casts Shadow, Adele Sweeps the Awards!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grammy Awards 2012: As Whitney Houston's Death Casts Shadow, Adele Sweeps the Awards!!!   Grammy Awards 2012: As Whitney Houston's Death Casts Shadow, Adele Sweeps the Awards!!! EmptyMon 13 Feb 2012, 4:12 am

Obviously Adele should've just won best rock performance, best country performance as well...
Back to top Go down
King Silva
King of Kings
King Silva

Male
Current and Former:
ALL TIME
# 1} Lita
# 2} Trish Stratus
# 3} Mickie James
# 4} Gail Kim
# 5} Michelle McCool

PostSubject: Re: Grammy Awards 2012: As Whitney Houston's Death Casts Shadow, Adele Sweeps the Awards!!!   Grammy Awards 2012: As Whitney Houston's Death Casts Shadow, Adele Sweeps the Awards!!! EmptyMon 13 Feb 2012, 4:19 am

6 is enough. :P

I am so happy she won all of her awards!

I have not been this happy after a Grammys since Dixie Chicks had their 2007 sweep. yay

I have to say though that besides a few performances and acceptance speeches the show as pretty boring..
Back to top Go down
X
Ultimate Opportunist
X

Male
Justin Gabriel
Kofi Kingston
Chris Jericho
Tyson Kidd
AJ
Kaitlyn
Natalya

Rob Van Dam

Tara
Christy Hemme
Gail

PostSubject: Re: Grammy Awards 2012: As Whitney Houston's Death Casts Shadow, Adele Sweeps the Awards!!!   Grammy Awards 2012: As Whitney Houston's Death Casts Shadow, Adele Sweeps the Awards!!! EmptyMon 13 Feb 2012, 4:36 am

She could win best newcomer as well, just to hog that too.
Back to top Go down
King Silva
King of Kings
King Silva

Male
Current and Former:
ALL TIME
# 1} Lita
# 2} Trish Stratus
# 3} Mickie James
# 4} Gail Kim
# 5} Michelle McCool

PostSubject: Re: Grammy Awards 2012: As Whitney Houston's Death Casts Shadow, Adele Sweeps the Awards!!!   Grammy Awards 2012: As Whitney Houston's Death Casts Shadow, Adele Sweeps the Awards!!! EmptyMon 13 Feb 2012, 4:38 am

It Begins wrote:
She could win best newcomer as well, just to hog that too.

I sense you are not a fan..?

Nobody can win Best New Artist twice plus she already won it in 2009. Grammy Awards 2012: As Whitney Houston's Death Casts Shadow, Adele Sweeps the Awards!!! 363415
Back to top Go down
Did You Miss Her?
Hall Of Famer
Did You Miss Her?

Male
Number of posts : 9685
Job/hobbies : Stroking Zachary Quinto's Ego....
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Dolph Ziggler, Kofi Kingston, John Morrison, Santino, Edge, Christian, Cody Rhodes, Randy Orton, Sheamus, & CM Punk.
Favorite WWE Diva : Melina, Beth Phoenix, Layla, Alicia Fox, & Gail Kim.
Favorite TNA Wrestler : Daniels, MCMGs, Crimson, Amazing Redd, Eric Young, Matt Morgan, Kurt Angle, & Generation Me.
Favorite TNA Knockout : Winter, Brooke Tessmacher, Mickie James, Madison Rayne, & Angelina Love.
Registration date : 2008-07-27

PostSubject: Re: Grammy Awards 2012: As Whitney Houston's Death Casts Shadow, Adele Sweeps the Awards!!!   Grammy Awards 2012: As Whitney Houston's Death Casts Shadow, Adele Sweeps the Awards!!! EmptyMon 13 Feb 2012, 4:42 am

I think the grammys were really kissing Adele's fat ass this year that shit was ridiculous! And who the fuck is Bon iver???? The grammys were garbage as hell, the same 3 people won every damn award.
Back to top Go down
King Silva
King of Kings
King Silva

Male
Current and Former:
ALL TIME
# 1} Lita
# 2} Trish Stratus
# 3} Mickie James
# 4} Gail Kim
# 5} Michelle McCool

PostSubject: Re: Grammy Awards 2012: As Whitney Houston's Death Casts Shadow, Adele Sweeps the Awards!!!   Grammy Awards 2012: As Whitney Houston's Death Casts Shadow, Adele Sweeps the Awards!!! EmptyMon 13 Feb 2012, 4:50 am

Minajesty wrote:
I think the grammys were really kissing Adele's fat ass this year that shit was ridiculous! And who the fuck is Bon iver???? The grammys were garbage as hell, the same 3 people won every damn award.

Adele deserved all of her awards. She had the best year both commercially and critically so yeah.

Sucks that Minaj and others were shut out but Adele was the rightful winner in all of her 6 categories..

I agree that 3 people basically won all of the awards [Adele, Kanye, and Foo Fighters].. I wish Foo Fighters would have lost some to Mumford & Sons.

As for Bon Iver I never knew of him before the nominations were revealed last Dec. His music is not my cup of tea [not that I drink tea..] but congrats to him even though I feel he was a little ungrateful before he won and as he was accepting his award.
Back to top Go down
Did You Miss Her?
Hall Of Famer
Did You Miss Her?

Male
Number of posts : 9685
Job/hobbies : Stroking Zachary Quinto's Ego....
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Dolph Ziggler, Kofi Kingston, John Morrison, Santino, Edge, Christian, Cody Rhodes, Randy Orton, Sheamus, & CM Punk.
Favorite WWE Diva : Melina, Beth Phoenix, Layla, Alicia Fox, & Gail Kim.
Favorite TNA Wrestler : Daniels, MCMGs, Crimson, Amazing Redd, Eric Young, Matt Morgan, Kurt Angle, & Generation Me.
Favorite TNA Knockout : Winter, Brooke Tessmacher, Mickie James, Madison Rayne, & Angelina Love.
Registration date : 2008-07-27

PostSubject: Re: Grammy Awards 2012: As Whitney Houston's Death Casts Shadow, Adele Sweeps the Awards!!!   Grammy Awards 2012: As Whitney Houston's Death Casts Shadow, Adele Sweeps the Awards!!! EmptyMon 13 Feb 2012, 4:57 am

FUCK THE GOD DAMN GRAMMYS! NICKI MINAJ WAS ROBBED! AND NOW I;M GOING TO BLOW SOME SHIT UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THIS SHIT WILL NOT BE TOLERATED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
King Silva
King of Kings
King Silva

Male
Current and Former:
ALL TIME
# 1} Lita
# 2} Trish Stratus
# 3} Mickie James
# 4} Gail Kim
# 5} Michelle McCool

PostSubject: Re: Grammy Awards 2012: As Whitney Houston's Death Casts Shadow, Adele Sweeps the Awards!!!   Grammy Awards 2012: As Whitney Houston's Death Casts Shadow, Adele Sweeps the Awards!!! EmptyMon 13 Feb 2012, 5:19 am

Poor Nicki she looked pretty sad when she lost Best New Artist.

I figured she had a shot at that and the other rap awards she was nominated for but like others [Mumford & Sons, Bruno Mars, Lady Gaga, etc] she came out with 0 awards...
Back to top Go down
Queen Mintz
Melina's Barracudas
Melina's Barracudas
Queen Mintz

Female
Number of posts : 8217
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Dolph Ziggler
Randy Orton
CM Punk
The Shield
Favorite WWE Diva : AJ Lee
Registration date : 2009-11-04

PostSubject: Re: Grammy Awards 2012: As Whitney Houston's Death Casts Shadow, Adele Sweeps the Awards!!!   Grammy Awards 2012: As Whitney Houston's Death Casts Shadow, Adele Sweeps the Awards!!! EmptyMon 13 Feb 2012, 3:36 pm

Adele is an amazing artist and deserved all of those awards. It doesn't matter how big she is, she's lost weight and she looked gorgeous last night. This is one of the reasons women today have eating disorders, because people think they should be skinny to be beautiful and that's not the case
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/minterz
King Silva
King of Kings
King Silva

Male
Current and Former:
ALL TIME
# 1} Lita
# 2} Trish Stratus
# 3} Mickie James
# 4} Gail Kim
# 5} Michelle McCool

PostSubject: Re: Grammy Awards 2012: As Whitney Houston's Death Casts Shadow, Adele Sweeps the Awards!!!   Grammy Awards 2012: As Whitney Houston's Death Casts Shadow, Adele Sweeps the Awards!!! EmptyMon 13 Feb 2012, 8:37 pm

Queen Mintz wrote:
Adele is an amazing artist and deserved all of those awards. It doesn't matter how big she is, she's lost weight and she looked gorgeous last night. This is one of the reasons women today have eating disorders, because people think they should be skinny to be beautiful and that's not the case

Exactly my Queen! king

I loved her 60 Minute interview.

She said something like she didn't want to be some skinny mini with her tits hanging out and that is a great thing because America has enough of those whores and not enough talented singers..
Back to top Go down
X
Ultimate Opportunist
X

Male
Justin Gabriel
Kofi Kingston
Chris Jericho
Tyson Kidd
AJ
Kaitlyn
Natalya

Rob Van Dam

Tara
Christy Hemme
Gail

PostSubject: Re: Grammy Awards 2012: As Whitney Houston's Death Casts Shadow, Adele Sweeps the Awards!!!   Grammy Awards 2012: As Whitney Houston's Death Casts Shadow, Adele Sweeps the Awards!!! EmptyThu 16 Feb 2012, 9:44 am

No one said she was fat or that was a reason for dislike. When your at work and you hear her song, not just any song but the same SOMEONE LIKE YOU song at least twice in your shift, which is only 3 hours there is something seriously wrong.

I just think these grammys are pointless. Obviously the person who wins Best Artist of the year had the most successful album and song and performance.

And Taio Cruiz not being nominated just proves how much a joke it is. Apparently people prefer listening to "someone like you" while they cut themselves then Hangover lol (sorry for the cutting reference i like the song its just so damn depressing).
Back to top Go down
VLG.
The Voice
The Voice
VLG.

Male
Number of posts : 3474
Job/hobbies : Musician/Radio Presenter/Charity Worker
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Daniel Bryan
CM Punk
Cesaro
Roman Reigns
Adam Rose
Paige
Brie Bella
Favorite TNA Wrestler : Jeff Hardy
Bully Ray

Registration date : 2009-11-14

PostSubject: Re: Grammy Awards 2012: As Whitney Houston's Death Casts Shadow, Adele Sweeps the Awards!!!   Grammy Awards 2012: As Whitney Houston's Death Casts Shadow, Adele Sweeps the Awards!!! EmptyThu 16 Feb 2012, 10:47 am

King Silva wrote:
She said something like she didn't want to be some skinny mini with her tits hanging out and that is a great thing because America has enough of those whores and not enough talented singers..[/b][/color]

Adele's British, stop trying to take her away from us! :P

I like Adele, but I don't know anyone else who does, with the exception of my day. For some reason most people seem to find her annoying and think she's shit etc etc. No-one seems to realise how much of a minority they're in though. They say Adele is shit, millions and millions of pounds worth of income says she isn't as shit as people think.
Back to top Go down
X
Ultimate Opportunist
X

Male
Justin Gabriel
Kofi Kingston
Chris Jericho
Tyson Kidd
AJ
Kaitlyn
Natalya

Rob Van Dam

Tara
Christy Hemme
Gail

PostSubject: Re: Grammy Awards 2012: As Whitney Houston's Death Casts Shadow, Adele Sweeps the Awards!!!   Grammy Awards 2012: As Whitney Houston's Death Casts Shadow, Adele Sweeps the Awards!!! EmptyThu 16 Feb 2012, 11:17 am

And look at the fanbase behind Harry Potter and where was their best movie nomination? Oh, a movie without a 10 year hype behind it.
Back to top Go down
King Silva
King of Kings
King Silva

Male
Current and Former:
ALL TIME
# 1} Lita
# 2} Trish Stratus
# 3} Mickie James
# 4} Gail Kim
# 5} Michelle McCool

PostSubject: Re: Grammy Awards 2012: As Whitney Houston's Death Casts Shadow, Adele Sweeps the Awards!!!   Grammy Awards 2012: As Whitney Houston's Death Casts Shadow, Adele Sweeps the Awards!!! EmptyThu 16 Feb 2012, 10:50 pm

It Begins wrote:
No one said she was fat or that was a reason for dislike. When your at work and you hear her song, not just any song but the same SOMEONE LIKE YOU song at least twice in your shift, which is only 3 hours there is something seriously wrong.

I just think these grammys are pointless. Obviously the person who wins Best Artist of the year had the most successful album and song and performance.

And Taio Cruiz not being nominated just proves how much a joke it is. Apparently people prefer listening to "someone like you" while they cut themselves then Hangover lol (sorry for the cutting reference i like the song its just so damn depressing).

Well that does suck that you have to hear any song more than once in a three hour period. I would get sick of songs like that as well most of the time.

And VLG I know she is not American I meant that she is a big star in the US and not like the typical pop stars who are skinnier such as Britney Spears or Katy Perry. For Adele the main attraction is her voice and her voice is amazing hence the acclaim, awards, and album sales.
Back to top Go down
KTV-Time
WD Stalker
KTV-Time

Male
Number of posts : 14546
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Dolph Ziggler
Tyson Kidd
Richie Steamboat
Brett & Ted Dibiasi
John Morrison
Heath Slater
Daniel Bryan
Justin Gabriel
Favorite WWE Diva : Beth Phoenix
Natalya
Maryse
Alicia Fox
Eve Torres

Favorite TNA Wrestler : AJ Styles
Kaz
Amazing Red
Chris Sabin
Alex Shelly
Daniels
Eric Young
Orlando Jordan's Boy Toy
Favorite TNA Knockout : Sarita
Angelina Love
Taylor Wilde
Santana G.

Registration date : 2009-06-13

PostSubject: Re: Grammy Awards 2012: As Whitney Houston's Death Casts Shadow, Adele Sweeps the Awards!!!   Grammy Awards 2012: As Whitney Houston's Death Casts Shadow, Adele Sweeps the Awards!!! EmptyThu 16 Feb 2012, 11:03 pm

My problem with Adele. AWEFULL role model for girls.

"Nevermind i'll find someone like you?" REALLY? that's the message we send out to our young girls? He broke your heart sooo badly, you wrote a song about it....but don't worry I'll find another guy the SAME...why would you want the same guy huh? Really after all that?

"We could have it all now we're rolling in the deep"? Sorry honey, stop crying about the guy you could have had it all with and put time and effort in finding one who will?

"Rumor has it i'm the one you leaving her for"? Girls...homewreckers??

and finally...i'm no scientist BUT still trying to figure out HOW you set fire to the rain.....was it Acid Rain? That may be believable.

SOO in conclusion i'll stick with Madonna...."Don't go for second best" which i agree with because i deserve better....not "Someone like you".

And i'm SUPER happy lady Gaga aint won shit..because that Born this Way album was TRASH...it was sorry. And Katy "Autotune" Perry wasn't deserving of shit either.

Foo Fighters all the Way PEOPLE!!
Back to top Go down
#WeWantTaryn
Divas Lover.
#WeWantTaryn

Male
Number of posts : 7477
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Roman Reigns
Daniel Bryan
Jimmy & Jey Uso
Seth Rollins
Dolph Ziggler
Antonio Cesaro

Alicia Fox

Favorite TNA Wrestler : EC3
Austin Aries
MVP
Roode
Bobby Lashley
Kenny King
Favorite TNA Knockout : Taryn Terrell
Brittany
Angelina Love
Registration date : 2008-06-28

PostSubject: Re: Grammy Awards 2012: As Whitney Houston's Death Casts Shadow, Adele Sweeps the Awards!!!   Grammy Awards 2012: As Whitney Houston's Death Casts Shadow, Adele Sweeps the Awards!!! EmptyThu 16 Feb 2012, 11:07 pm

So did anyone see Nicki Minajs performance?.Yeah lets never see something like that again LOL
Back to top Go down
King Silva
King of Kings
King Silva

Male
Current and Former:
ALL TIME
# 1} Lita
# 2} Trish Stratus
# 3} Mickie James
# 4} Gail Kim
# 5} Michelle McCool

PostSubject: Re: Grammy Awards 2012: As Whitney Houston's Death Casts Shadow, Adele Sweeps the Awards!!!   Grammy Awards 2012: As Whitney Houston's Death Casts Shadow, Adele Sweeps the Awards!!! EmptyThu 16 Feb 2012, 11:34 pm

DrizzyDrakeFan wrote:
So did anyone see Nicki Minajs performance?.Yeah lets never see something like that again LOL

LMAO yeah I agree.

It was terrible and practically everything I read about the Grammys that talked about performances pointed that shit out.. Grammy Awards 2012: As Whitney Houston's Death Casts Shadow, Adele Sweeps the Awards!!! 115218
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Grammy Awards 2012: As Whitney Houston's Death Casts Shadow, Adele Sweeps the Awards!!!   Grammy Awards 2012: As Whitney Houston's Death Casts Shadow, Adele Sweeps the Awards!!! Empty

Back to top Go down

Grammy Awards 2012: As Whitney Houston's Death Casts Shadow, Adele Sweeps the Awards!!!
Page 1 of 1