Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

I have to give John Cena a lot of credit...

Go down 
+6
#WeWantTaryn
Sticky!!
KTV-Time
Angelus
The Sexy Vixen
Paul Wyatt
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Paul Wyatt
NCD aka Name Changing Dude
Paul Wyatt

Male
Number of posts : 18569
Job/hobbies : Self-Improving
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Antonio Cesaro
Bray Wyatt
Daniel Bryan
Dolph Ziggler
Sheamus
The Shield
The Usos
Wade Barrett
Favorite WWE Diva : Naomi
Natalya
Favorite TNA Wrestler : Austin Aries
Bobby Roode
Bully Ray
Eric Young
James Storm
Registration date : 2008-07-31

I have to give John Cena a lot of credit... Empty
PostSubject: I have to give John Cena a lot of credit...   I have to give John Cena a lot of credit... EmptyTue 03 Apr 2012, 12:42 pm

After years of monotony due to a dry persona and poor booking, I have been pretty impressed with him since he has stepped out of the title picture which he's dominated for eons.

Other than the unnecessary title reign in Punk's brief absence, there's hardly been a time over the last year that I haven't been intrigued by what the next story was for him.

He's had some quality matches and feuds with the likes of Kane, Rock and Punk. His role has changed before our eyes. John has gone from hunter (and destroyer lol) of everyone, to hunted and it's been good for WWE.

I'm more interested in Cena than I've ever been before; including when I was an actual fan of his back in 04-05ish.

What's your take on Cena's performance of late? Do you still hate his guts and tired of seeing him; or like the direction which his character has gone?
Back to top Go down
The Sexy Vixen
Billion Dolla Princess
Billion Dolla Princess
The Sexy Vixen

Female
Number of posts : 28940
Job/hobbies : Daycare. I adore children.
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Triple H, Orton, MVP, John Morrison, Dolph Ziggler, Kofi Kingston, Yoshi Tatsu, Zack Ryder
Favorite WWE Diva : Stephanie McMahon, Maryse, Mickie James, Layla, Natalya, Beth, Michelle McCool, Katie Lea, Kelly Kelly, Nikki Bella, Rosa Mendes (Victoria and Lita are my all-time faves)
Favorite TNA Wrestler : Jeff Jarrett, D'Angelo Dinero, MCMG, James Storm, AJ Styles, Amazing Red, Kiyoshi, Matt Morgan, Hernandez, Samoa Joe, Desmond Wolfe, Jeff Hardy, Kevin Nash
Favorite TNA Knockout : ODB, Christy Hemme, Jacqueline, Tara, Hamada, Daffney, Lacey Von Erich,
Registration date : 2009-03-23

PostSubject: Re: I have to give John Cena a lot of credit...   I have to give John Cena a lot of credit... EmptyTue 03 Apr 2012, 2:15 pm

Still hate his ass.

he needs a fucking heel turn. if the Rock could pull of an effective heel turn and still remain as WWE's top dog...i dont see why they think Cena cant do the same.

NCD..your sig has made my eyes bleed No
Back to top Go down
http://relaxedwrestlingchat.b1.jcink.com/index.php?
Angelus
WD Stalker
Angelus

Number of posts : 11345
Registration date : 2008-08-24

PostSubject: Re: I have to give John Cena a lot of credit...   I have to give John Cena a lot of credit... EmptyTue 03 Apr 2012, 2:53 pm

I agree I like Cena alot latly plus he was put over alot of people this year.
Back to top Go down
KTV-Time
WD Stalker
KTV-Time

Male
Number of posts : 14546
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Dolph Ziggler
Tyson Kidd
Richie Steamboat
Brett & Ted Dibiasi
John Morrison
Heath Slater
Daniel Bryan
Justin Gabriel
Favorite WWE Diva : Beth Phoenix
Natalya
Maryse
Alicia Fox
Eve Torres

Favorite TNA Wrestler : AJ Styles
Kaz
Amazing Red
Chris Sabin
Alex Shelly
Daniels
Eric Young
Orlando Jordan's Boy Toy
Favorite TNA Knockout : Sarita
Angelina Love
Taylor Wilde
Santana G.

Registration date : 2009-06-13

PostSubject: Re: I have to give John Cena a lot of credit...   I have to give John Cena a lot of credit... EmptyTue 03 Apr 2012, 3:31 pm

Yes yes, he pulled out of the title scene and the main event.......wait wait...what title match was the main event match at Mania????OH wait.

Same shit...no title....don't see the difference sorry NCD dunno
Back to top Go down
Sticky!!
Sticky loves Mickie! Yo soy El Jefe!
Sticky loves Mickie! Yo soy El Jefe!
Sticky!!

Male
Number of posts : 4893
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Orton
Rey
Favorite WWE Diva : Mickie James
Maria
Favorite TNA Knockout : Christy Hemme
Tara

Registration date : 2008-07-24

PostSubject: Re: I have to give John Cena a lot of credit...   I have to give John Cena a lot of credit... EmptyTue 03 Apr 2012, 3:56 pm

John Cena is the heel. If he "turned heel", he would actually be turning face because that's what the fans want. So by never changing and being himself he gets more heel heat than anyone! I refuse to fall for it. #smark
Back to top Go down
#WeWantTaryn
Divas Lover.
#WeWantTaryn

Male
Number of posts : 7477
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Roman Reigns
Daniel Bryan
Jimmy & Jey Uso
Seth Rollins
Dolph Ziggler
Antonio Cesaro

Favorite WWE Diva : AJ Lee
Alicia Fox

Favorite TNA Wrestler : EC3
Austin Aries
MVP
Roode
Bobby Lashley
Kenny King
Favorite TNA Knockout : Taryn Terrell
Brittany
Angelina Love
Registration date : 2008-06-28

PostSubject: Re: I have to give John Cena a lot of credit...   I have to give John Cena a lot of credit... EmptyTue 03 Apr 2012, 6:33 pm

My problem with him is he's made to look like this man that NO One can defeat.John Cena has buried pretty much the entire roster and thats what annoys me which is why Im SO happy he lost at WM because if he defeated the rock then WHO can beat John cena???.And plus CM Punk who is the champ should be in the main event NOT John cena.And I bet at the next ppv Cena and leaner will be the main event.
Back to top Go down
Dead
The Sports Guy
Dead

Male
Number of posts : 31046
Registration date : 2008-08-19

PostSubject: Re: I have to give John Cena a lot of credit...   I have to give John Cena a lot of credit... EmptyTue 03 Apr 2012, 9:26 pm

you do realize that Cena/Rock was a much bigger main event than Punk/Jericho...right? as much as im a Punk fan, i even know that.
Back to top Go down
KTV-Time
WD Stalker
KTV-Time

Male
Tyson Kidd
Richie Steamboat
Brett & Ted Dibiasi
John Morrison
Heath Slater
Daniel Bryan
Justin Gabriel
Natalya
Maryse
Alicia Fox
Eve Torres

Kaz
Amazing Red
Chris Sabin
Alex Shelly
Daniels
Eric Young
Orlando Jordan's Boy Toy
Angelina Love
Taylor Wilde
Santana G.

PostSubject: Re: I have to give John Cena a lot of credit...   I have to give John Cena a lot of credit... EmptyTue 03 Apr 2012, 9:56 pm

Yes yes of course it is and why is that? Was it because WWE put 150% into promoting the hell out of Punk/Jericho and MADE it worthy of the Main Event? Or once again they put all the eggs in Cena's basket?

In the past we've had people come and go, special guest come and go...but at the end of the day.....WWE never put as much effort into making them outshine the World Title Match. How Many time has Stone Cold make returns and WHEN was he tossed into the main event with WWE's biggest guys? When was he put into the final Segment with WWE's Top Guys? He wasn't even put to referee the world title matches ...he was tossed in the referee or appear for mid-card matches.

If you think because Cena is titleless he isn't main eventing everything again..you are dead wrong...because at the end of the day...champion or not, Cena is seen more important than BOTH your world champions....and that says a lot.

People may sit around and bitch about TNA's bad booking...but WWE is doing an oh so SPLENDED Job of making Their World Champions a huge assett to the company....just not as huge as an assett as Cena i guess?? Some lines weren't meant to be crossed i guess?

A few years ago....Winning The Royal Rumble didn't only mean you got a tittle match at Mania...but it meant you were going to Main Event Mania. It was WWE's way of always showing which title was an priority because the Royal Rumble winner an easy way to say okay The WWE Title or the World Title was gonna main event.

Now not even winning the Royal Rumble means you get to main event Mania thus meaning the Royal Rumble losing it's prestigue. Because our royal rumble winner......was tossed in a 18 second match at practically the beginning of the night.
Back to top Go down
X
Ultimate Opportunist
X

Male
Number of posts : 8594
Favorite WWE Wrestler : ---
Justin Gabriel
Kofi Kingston
Chris Jericho
Tyson Kidd
Favorite WWE Diva : ---
AJ
Kaitlyn
Natalya

Favorite TNA Wrestler : ---
Rob Van Dam

Favorite TNA Knockout : ---
Tara
Christy Hemme
Gail

PostSubject: Re: I have to give John Cena a lot of credit...   I have to give John Cena a lot of credit... EmptyWed 04 Apr 2012, 3:14 am

So true.
Back to top Go down
Paul Wyatt
Paul Wyatt

Male
Bray Wyatt
Daniel Bryan
Dolph Ziggler
Sheamus
The Shield
The Usos
Wade Barrett
Natalya
Bobby Roode
Bully Ray
Eric Young
James Storm

PostSubject: Re: I have to give John Cena a lot of credit...   I have to give John Cena a lot of credit... EmptyWed 04 Apr 2012, 10:00 am

Well, Cena/Rock has been planned for well over a year... probably the last two years.

We only heard about Punk/Jericho as a possibility going back to last year when Punk became 'the best in the world." Cena and Rock, love 'em or hate 'em, are much bigger stars universally than Punk and Jericho.

And some of you are missing the point: though, Cena is still the focal point of the company, I'm saying that he's been interesting since stepping out of the title picture. There is intrigued now which hasn't existed in years' past because it was always about who would get crushed next as Cena would win yet another title bout. That isn't the case anymore. People swore up and down that even though WM28 was in Miami, he'd still win... and he didn't. There is an element of surprise now. The quality in story lines has been much better.

The fact that the WH and WWE champions are being overshadowed is WWE's fault.
Back to top Go down
KTV-Time
WD Stalker
KTV-Time

Male
Tyson Kidd
Richie Steamboat
Brett & Ted Dibiasi
John Morrison
Heath Slater
Daniel Bryan
Justin Gabriel
Natalya
Maryse
Alicia Fox
Eve Torres

Kaz
Amazing Red
Chris Sabin
Alex Shelly
Daniels
Eric Young
Orlando Jordan's Boy Toy
Angelina Love
Taylor Wilde
Santana G.

PostSubject: Re: I have to give John Cena a lot of credit...   I have to give John Cena a lot of credit... EmptyWed 04 Apr 2012, 10:21 am

Big Pun wrote:
Well, Cena/Rock has been planned for well over a year... probably the last two years.

We only heard about Punk/Jericho as a possibility going back to last year when Punk became 'the best in the world." Cena and Rock, love 'em or hate 'em, are much bigger stars universally than Punk and Jericho.

And some of you are missing the point: though, Cena is still the focal point of the company, I'm saying that he's been interesting since stepping out of the title picture. There is intrigued now which hasn't existed in years' past because it was always about who would get crushed next as Cena would win yet another title bout. That isn't the case anymore. People swore up and down that even though WM28 was in Miami, he'd still win... and he didn't. There is an element of surprise now. The quality in story lines has been much better.

The fact that the WH and WWE champions are being overshadowed is WWE's fault.

Actually No, Cena is still booked the same way he was now just not championship is involved. He's still invincible it still seems like nobody on the roster can beat him, he's still superman, how did the whole Kane-Ryder-Cena thing end? With Cena main eventing Mania, Kane playing second fiddle to orton and Zack stuck in a tag match...Del Rio and Christian were "Too good for".

So ho has he put them over exactly? It's the same Michelle McCool syndrome of the divas division, everyone comes and goes but Michelle stayed on top. Everyone because irrelevant after feuding with McCool much like how everyone stays irrelevant after fueding with Cena.

WWE has done a fantastic Job of doing exactly as you all please, keep the title off him, but in the end, he's been booked and burried as much people as he did with the championship. The next PPV Cena's rival will Main Event, the one after that Cena and Another rival will main event...and after that Cena and anther Rival will main event the next PPV. And the rivals before that? They will probably be tossed in 18 second world title matches, or clustered multiperson Tag matches.

Title or no Title Cena has been booked as superman....people are just blinded by the fact that he doesn't have a championship around his waste....because really, taside from Undertaker vs. Shawn Michaels (A match that involved two active wrestlers Career vs. Streak match...with something actually ON THE LINE) was the only non title Mania main evetn i could think off?

When it comes to Cena and The Rock what was on the line? Who had the biggest Ego? Seriously? It made no sense to me why this match was so important. It was basicly two little boys argueing about who had the biggest penis, the rock will dissapear each of them will use a penis pump for months and at Summer Slam we find out again who has the biggest penis?

I bet you, next PPV....Cena vs. lesner is the Main Event.....why not have Lesner come out take out Sheamus? Give CM Punk a good rub off as Champ? Why? Because they STILL aren't a priority like Cena is (Who btw, does not need a Lesner rub off), don't want to give Lesner an isntant title shot? Give a guy who can USE this rub off than Cena, Dolph, Swagger, Bryan Daniel, Del Rio, Riley, Rhodes, Drew McIntyre, Wade Barret, David Otunga, Mason Rayn., Ted DiBiase, The Miz....all those guys could have benefited from working a program with Lesner.....no they decide to Feed him to Cena from the get go...someone who doesn't need the exposure, the heat or getting over. Tossing Drew McIntyre in a program with Lesner now would have been soo clever, Drew Being told he's not the only guy being signed to WWE (for the 100th time) and out comes Lesner to take him out and steal his thunder.

Why not? Drew is not a priority....Cena STILL is.

Cena needs to choke on a dick....perferably his own.
Back to top Go down
Paul Wyatt
Paul Wyatt

Male
Bray Wyatt
Daniel Bryan
Dolph Ziggler
Sheamus
The Shield
The Usos
Wade Barrett
Natalya
Bobby Roode
Bully Ray
Eric Young
James Storm

PostSubject: Re: I have to give John Cena a lot of credit...   I have to give John Cena a lot of credit... EmptyWed 04 Apr 2012, 11:26 am

I'm sorry, you lost me right when you mentioned penis. stalker

Back to top Go down
KTV-Time
WD Stalker
KTV-Time

Male
Tyson Kidd
Richie Steamboat
Brett & Ted Dibiasi
John Morrison
Heath Slater
Daniel Bryan
Justin Gabriel
Natalya
Maryse
Alicia Fox
Eve Torres

Kaz
Amazing Red
Chris Sabin
Alex Shelly
Daniels
Eric Young
Orlando Jordan's Boy Toy
Angelina Love
Taylor Wilde
Santana G.

PostSubject: Re: I have to give John Cena a lot of credit...   I have to give John Cena a lot of credit... EmptyWed 04 Apr 2012, 12:11 pm

I have to give John Cena a lot of credit... SebastianGif1
Back to top Go down
VLG.
The Voice
The Voice
VLG.

Male
Number of posts : 3474
Job/hobbies : Musician/Radio Presenter/Charity Worker
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Daniel Bryan
CM Punk
Cesaro
Roman Reigns
Adam Rose
Paige
Brie Bella
Favorite TNA Wrestler : Jeff Hardy
Bully Ray

Registration date : 2009-11-14

PostSubject: Re: I have to give John Cena a lot of credit...   I have to give John Cena a lot of credit... EmptyWed 04 Apr 2012, 2:09 pm

The reason Cena was at the top of the card for Wrestlemania 28, is because after a year of build WWE had to keep the match as late as possible in order to take full effect of the build and suspense.

With the exception of Elimination Chamber, Cena hasn't been at the top of a PPV card since Survivor Series, and wasn't even on the card for TLC. I think its a bit unfair to say he's at the top of the card in every PPV, when more recently he hasn't been.

Through hard work and a lot of pushing John Cena became the number one in WWE. Love him or hate him, he will be the number one for a good while. It's why he was chosen to work with The Rock, its why he was chosen to work with Brock Lesnar.

Love him or hate him, John Cena is the top of the company, meaning its inevitable he's going to be working at or near the top of the card, regardless of whether or not he's champion.

Personally, I'd rather he got pushed back down to an upper-midcard role, maybe get drafted to Smackdown and challenge Big Show for the Intercontinental Championship in a couple of months or so. Complete his triple crown or something like that, keep him out of the world title picture for 6 months or so.
Back to top Go down
Paul Wyatt
Paul Wyatt

Male
Bray Wyatt
Daniel Bryan
Dolph Ziggler
Sheamus
The Shield
The Usos
Wade Barrett
Natalya
Bobby Roode
Bully Ray
Eric Young
James Storm

PostSubject: Re: I have to give John Cena a lot of credit...   I have to give John Cena a lot of credit... EmptyWed 04 Apr 2012, 2:18 pm

Well stated.
Back to top Go down
The Sexy Vixen
Billion Dolla Princess
Billion Dolla Princess
The Sexy Vixen

Female
Number of posts : 28940
Job/hobbies : Daycare. I adore children.
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Triple H, Orton, MVP, John Morrison, Dolph Ziggler, Kofi Kingston, Yoshi Tatsu, Zack Ryder
Favorite WWE Diva : Stephanie McMahon, Maryse, Mickie James, Layla, Natalya, Beth, Michelle McCool, Katie Lea, Kelly Kelly, Nikki Bella, Rosa Mendes (Victoria and Lita are my all-time faves)
Favorite TNA Wrestler : Jeff Jarrett, D'Angelo Dinero, MCMG, James Storm, AJ Styles, Amazing Red, Kiyoshi, Matt Morgan, Hernandez, Samoa Joe, Desmond Wolfe, Jeff Hardy, Kevin Nash
Favorite TNA Knockout : ODB, Christy Hemme, Jacqueline, Tara, Hamada, Daffney, Lacey Von Erich,
Registration date : 2009-03-23

PostSubject: Re: I have to give John Cena a lot of credit...   I have to give John Cena a lot of credit... EmptyWed 04 Apr 2012, 2:31 pm

ℳℛ J.F.K. wrote:
John Cena is the heel. If he "turned heel", he would actually be turning face because that's what the fans want. So by never changing and being himself he gets more heel heat than anyone! I refuse to fall for it. #smark

you lost me right there...

from where i sit..Cena is superman representing the company and the fans who 'stayed loyal' to the biz

and Rock is the heel outsider who deserted them but still wants to prove he is the top dog so he came back to bully Cena and throw his weight around...

dunno i thought Rock was heelish in this...
Back to top Go down
http://relaxedwrestlingchat.b1.jcink.com/index.php?
KTV-Time
WD Stalker
KTV-Time

Male
Tyson Kidd
Richie Steamboat
Brett & Ted Dibiasi
John Morrison
Heath Slater
Daniel Bryan
Justin Gabriel
Natalya
Maryse
Alicia Fox
Eve Torres

Kaz
Amazing Red
Chris Sabin
Alex Shelly
Daniels
Eric Young
Orlando Jordan's Boy Toy
Angelina Love
Taylor Wilde
Santana G.

PostSubject: Re: I have to give John Cena a lot of credit...   I have to give John Cena a lot of credit... EmptyWed 04 Apr 2012, 3:29 pm

VLG. wrote:

Through hard work and a lot of pushing John Cena became the number one in WWE. Love him or hate him, he will be the number one for a good while. It's why he was chosen to work with The Rock, its why he was chosen to work with Brock Lesnar.

It's why WWE has a HUGE problem now as well. Shawn Michaels Left, HHH is working a light schedule, Undertaker is gone. WWE lost those powerhouses in no time. Y2J, Big Show, Kane are not the draw THEY used to be.

I love CM Punk, I Love Bryan Daniels but they aren't the draw they used to be WHY? It's Cena World.

WWE is playing a dangerous game and i Cena needs to suffer a career ending injury...WWE is literally fucked.

WHy bring in The Rock, Why Bring in Brock Lesner, why bring in Shawn Michaels Why bring in HHH, why pull out Undertaker every now then.,.because they have to draw. And instead of bringing them in to work with someone to help build that person they bring in a a Big Draw to work with the only person in the company who is drawing HUGE money.

I'd say Financially everyone else in the company is bringing in probably 40%of what John Cena brings to the company.

Back then if stone cold was out with an injury for life....their were at least 8 guys who were at his level in popularity and was ready. They could pick and chose as they pleased because they have the names to do it.

You HAVE brock lesner for a year...why throw probably the two people who could bring in the most money in the company together...in one sole match?

Honestly I'd look SOOO much forward to WWE putting effort into a The Miz-The Rock program than one with Cena, because one after a program with The Rock, the Miz worked with the best, the former top dog of the company. It would build his career. Cena Doesn't need it.

WWE has 3 guys who look monstrous. Ezikiel, Mason Ryan, David Otunga..pitting these guys now against Brock Lesner someone who was known as simply a beast. Sure none of these guys have much to offer in the ring, but they have the big bad guy presence, something Brock Lesner was known for, being a human wrecking machine pitting these one of these guys against them, go toe to toe, would really help their career.

Everyhting in WWE is so short term it's hurting the product, it's hurting the workers. And I pray that WWE doesn't lose John Cena anytime soon to any career ending injuries. Because if that were to happen tomorrow...WWE is screwed because they haven't put ANY effort to build ANYONE to be put in that position.

You can say they have Punk, Daniel Bryan, Dolph, Kane, Big Show, Y2J, etcs....but really can they out draw Cena or draw 1t least 50% of the audience Cena Draws? I'd beg to differ.
Back to top Go down
VLG.
The Voice
The Voice
VLG.

Male
CM Punk
Cesaro
Roman Reigns
Adam Rose
Paige
Brie Bella
Bully Ray

PostSubject: Re: I have to give John Cena a lot of credit...   I have to give John Cena a lot of credit... EmptyWed 04 Apr 2012, 4:35 pm

I'd say with the number of superstars in WWE right now, that calling Cena the only thing that draws is incorrect. I don't think losing Cena would mean WWE end up with big problems. I think they might see it as a bit of a setback, but it would end up with a similar situation Edge this time last year. It would just mean someone else has to take his place. Christian filled Edge's boots, and there are plenty of capable superstars ready to take Cena's spot should it be vacated.

People who watch WWE's product just for Cena are either children who change their mind from week to week, or an otherwise insignificant proportion of the WWE Universe. I personally follow the product for CM Punk, Zack Ryder, Santino Marella and Daniel Bryan primarily. It wouldn't make any difference to me if Cena was or wasn't there. He's been injured before, nothing felt different.

WWE is an ever-changing landscape, I think they would have no real problems if Cena were to suffer a career-ending injury. Hell, he's probably not even the most popular guy in WWE in terms of merchandise. Last I checked it was CM Punk who topped that list.

Losing Cena alone won't make an impact. Lose Cena, CM Punk and Randy Orton in one fell swoop, maybe adding the likes of Big Show, Kane and Mark Henry, then WWE might start having some problems. Cena alone, not really an issue.
Back to top Go down
#WeWantTaryn
Divas Lover.
#WeWantTaryn

Male
Number of posts : 7477
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Roman Reigns
Daniel Bryan
Jimmy & Jey Uso
Seth Rollins
Dolph Ziggler
Antonio Cesaro

Alicia Fox

Favorite TNA Wrestler : EC3
Austin Aries
MVP
Roode
Bobby Lashley
Kenny King
Favorite TNA Knockout : Taryn Terrell
Brittany
Angelina Love
Registration date : 2008-06-28

PostSubject: Re: I have to give John Cena a lot of credit...   I have to give John Cena a lot of credit... EmptyWed 04 Apr 2012, 6:00 pm

Emily Thorne's Apprentice wrote:
VLG. wrote:

It's why WWE has a HUGE problem now as well. Shawn Michaels Left, HHH is working a light schedule, Undertaker is gone. WWE lost those powerhouses in no time. Y2J, Big Show, Kane are not the draw THEY used to be.

I love CM Punk, I Love Bryan Daniels but they aren't the draw they used to be WHY? It's Cena World.

WWE is playing a dangerous game and i Cena needs to suffer a career ending injury...WWE is literally fucked.

WHy bring in The Rock, Why Bring in Brock Lesner, why bring in Shawn Michaels Why bring in HHH, why pull out Undertaker every now then.,.because they have to draw. And instead of bringing them in to work with someone to help build that person they bring in a a Big Draw to work with the only person in the company who is drawing HUGE money.

I'd say Financially everyone else in the company is bringing in probably 40%of what John Cena brings to the company.

Back then if stone cold was out with an injury for life....their were at least 8 guys who were at his level in popularity and was ready. They could pick and chose as they pleased because they have the names to do it.

You HAVE brock lesner for a year...why throw probably the two people who could bring in the most money in the company together...in one sole match?

Honestly I'd look SOOO much forward to WWE putting effort into a The Miz-The Rock program than one with Cena, because one after a program with The Rock, the Miz worked with the best, the former top dog of the company. It would build his career. Cena Doesn't need it.

WWE has 3 guys who look monstrous. Ezikiel, Mason Ryan, David Otunga..pitting these guys now against Brock Lesner someone who was known as simply a beast. Sure none of these guys have much to offer in the ring, but they have the big bad guy presence, something Brock Lesner was known for, being a human wrecking machine pitting these one of these guys against them, go toe to toe, would really help their career.

Everyhting in WWE is so short term it's hurting the product, it's hurting the workers. And I pray that WWE doesn't lose John Cena anytime soon to any career ending injuries. Because if that were to happen tomorrow...WWE is screwed because they haven't put ANY effort to build ANYONE to be put in that position.

You can say they have Punk, Daniel Bryan, Dolph, Kane, Big Show, Y2J, etcs....but really can they out draw Cena or draw 1t least 50% of the audience Cena Draws? I'd beg to differ.
applause :nutshot jiggy raise your hands up
Back to top Go down
KTV-Time
WD Stalker
KTV-Time

Male
Tyson Kidd
Richie Steamboat
Brett & Ted Dibiasi
John Morrison
Heath Slater
Daniel Bryan
Justin Gabriel
Natalya
Maryse
Alicia Fox
Eve Torres

Kaz
Amazing Red
Chris Sabin
Alex Shelly
Daniels
Eric Young
Orlando Jordan's Boy Toy
Angelina Love
Taylor Wilde
Santana G.

PostSubject: Re: I have to give John Cena a lot of credit...   I have to give John Cena a lot of credit... EmptyWed 04 Apr 2012, 8:44 pm

VLG. wrote:
I'd say with the number of superstars in WWE right now, that calling Cena the only thing that draws is incorrect. I don't think losing Cena would mean WWE end up with big problems. I think they might see it as a bit of a setback, but it would end up with a similar situation Edge this time last year. It would just mean someone else has to take his place. Christian filled Edge's boots, and there are plenty of capable superstars ready to take Cena's spot should it be vacated.

People who watch WWE's product just for Cena are either children who change their mind from week to week, or an otherwise insignificant proportion of the WWE Universe. I personally follow the product for CM Punk, Zack Ryder, Santino Marella and Daniel Bryan primarily. It wouldn't make any difference to me if Cena was or wasn't there. He's been injured before, nothing felt different.

WWE is an ever-changing landscape, I think they would have no real problems if Cena were to suffer a career-ending injury. Hell, he's probably not even the most popular guy in WWE in terms of merchandise. Last I checked it was CM Punk who topped that list.

Losing Cena alone won't make an impact. Lose Cena, CM Punk and Randy Orton in one fell swoop, maybe adding the likes of Big Show, Kane and Mark Henry, then WWE might start having some problems. Cena alone, not really an issue.

Comparing Christian's WWE career with Edge's is a joke. I'm Sorry, even when being in the spotlight, Christian Needed Edge on the side to get there, Christian is just another Victim of the Cena-Syndrome, WWE CLEARLY had no faith in Christian because his rise to the top...STILL involved a helping hand from Edge, Christian didn't fill Edge's boots, Edge's boots were clearly a few sizes bigger. 3/5 chances Christian gets a push it is guarenteed Edge will be involved in some form. Because Christian is NO Edge, he is STILL in need of support in some manner.

Sorry, CM punk can't fill the void left by Cena, its not even funny to think so. Randy Orton CAN'T Carry the company, he can't even carry Smackdown, how is he going to carry the company on his own...with no one else to fall back on? Lastly, Orton is always stuck with Cena's left overs (*cough Wade Barrett...then Kane*cough*), soo, very doubtfull him being there or not makes much difference.

I'm thinking business wise here, i'm thinking logical, Losing Cena NOW would Kill the WWE and it will take a minimum of 5 years or more to recover from it.

Again, you should real carefully whenever they say CM Punk tops in sales, it's always one certain product of CM Punk that is a TOP Seller but for that single top seller, Cena overall probably sells 3x as much merchandise as CM Punk.

I read their articles on sales, i study these, people who write Pr's for WWE are almost as optimistic as those who right PR for ABC Network.

They say CM Punk is a top Seller...but the list is most likely:
1. CM Punk - Whatever T-Shirt
2. John Cena - Whatever Shirts
3. John Cena - Koffie Mugs
4. John Cena Underwear
5. Randy orton - Glasses
6. John Cena- Thongs
7. Undertaker - Laser Glasses
8. John Cena - Curtains
9. Kane - Masks
10. John Cena - Gloves

And the Twist is....CM Punk tops sales in WWE....but they usually fail to mention that John Cena probably has over 6 articles sold right after CM punk's one article. It's a shady PR move but it works.

He's been injured before, but they could always count on his charity work, his on screen work with the knowledge that....he will be back. And i could remmeber the PPV's sales dropped a lot when he wasn't there (Well dropped BIGGER than usuall they are dropping regardless) But they always had the secure feeling he'll be back.

Randy Orton, can't be the money machine Cena was, sure he might be able to be the star power or try...but not the Money Machine, no one at this point in the WWE can be the money machine he is.

Another thing is, WWE has put Cena on such a HIGH pedestal, it is hard for them to bring him back down. No matter WHO they try to push, they will always be overshadowed by Cena, it is HARD to make it in the main event scene especially as a babyface because you run the risk of being overshadowed by Cena, Especially bringing in guys like The Rock, Brock Lesner or whoever, if they don't come in as a Babyface...you are pretty much screwed because you know Cena's going to get that match anyways, i'll settle for whatever i get and honestly it's a real morale breaker. Shawn Michaels comes back...oh they are going to giv that to Cena, Kane comes back in 10 years....they are going to give that to Cena, practically anyone comes back who had a huge career in the past...gets'to work with Cena...when again...he doesn't need it. A lot of people could have benefitted from working with them, WWE ALWAYS brings in the light weight world champs....to fued with guys who are in dire need of a push....while the actual Big Names...get the Cena treatment.

Whe the Rock does another match is it going to be vs Dolph? Maybe Drew? Maybe The Miz? maybe Jack Swagger? No no, vs. Cena again because the last 3 times they were in the ring......wasn't "The Moment" anymore this one is Rolling Eyes

Again the resemblance to Michelle's domination on Smackdown, after every draft, it seemed all the divas were thrilled to be moved to Raw, and every diva that moved to Smackdown, seemed disappointed because, they'll be stuck either playing second fiddle to Michelle or be one of her many challengers she went through in her career. Mickie, Beth, Maria, Melina all showed resentment when thy were shafted to Smackdown, their interviews said it all.

Back to top Go down
Paul Wyatt
Paul Wyatt

Male
Bray Wyatt
Daniel Bryan
Dolph Ziggler
Sheamus
The Shield
The Usos
Wade Barrett
Natalya
Bobby Roode
Bully Ray
Eric Young
James Storm

PostSubject: Re: I have to give John Cena a lot of credit...   I have to give John Cena a lot of credit... EmptyThu 05 Apr 2012, 2:58 am

I don't think he was comparing Edge and Christian's careers, but instead pointing out how well he performed when WWE needed someone to fill the immediate void. It wouldn't have made sense to put the title on a random schmo like Curt Hawkins.

The best analogy I can use to describe the position WWE would likely be in if Cena had to make an abrupt departure - is how HBK, Taker & Bret all stepped up once Hogan left. None of them were ever as popular as Hogan was, but their product still did well enough to keep fans. Plus you had the emergence of Rock and Austin a few years later, so you had more guys to lean on for story lines. The one glaring difference between now and then is WCW vs TNA. WCW was a legit threat; TNA is just a punchline. Therefore the urgency isn't the same as it was when they were fighting for survival to exist. Surely, that attributes to the arrogance displayed by WWE.

This is a situation WWE put itself in and appear to be making an effort to change that bc once Cena, Orton, How, Jericho HHH and so on - are retired, there aren't many places to turn. So rather than sitting idly by as the threat becomes more of a reality, they look like they're trying to breath some new life into their monotonous company, but taking it slowly instead of forcing upon us unprepared, inexperienced newbies who'll only be set up to fail.
Back to top Go down
KTV-Time
WD Stalker
KTV-Time

Male
Tyson Kidd
Richie Steamboat
Brett & Ted Dibiasi
John Morrison
Heath Slater
Daniel Bryan
Justin Gabriel
Natalya
Maryse
Alicia Fox
Eve Torres

Kaz
Amazing Red
Chris Sabin
Alex Shelly
Daniels
Eric Young
Orlando Jordan's Boy Toy
Angelina Love
Taylor Wilde
Santana G.

PostSubject: Re: I have to give John Cena a lot of credit...   I have to give John Cena a lot of credit... EmptyThu 05 Apr 2012, 6:09 am

Slowly? Sheamus, jack Swagger, Dolph Ziggler, The Miz, Drew McIntyre,Wade Barret what have these guys done since being in the main event? Dolph was reduced to being in a tag team with, Jack actually promoted to a tag team, The Miz off the scene of the earth.

The Miz headlined Mania last year, instead of trying to keep this guy relevant what did they do? They simply burried him 6 feet under. After his run in with Cena, his next feud had to be with CM Punk, Y2J, Big Show, Kane, keep him around with the big dogs, maybe a slight run in with HHH, make him a permanent setting amongs the big names, not drop him completely like a hot potato.

You are looking at it differently than I am, I agree any idiot could be tossed in the main event, anyone can step their game up yes, i'd agree with you but in a business form of thinking, nobody will be the draw Cena is, which is what WWE should be working on, they'd be able to show that on screen but once the financial part is done, it will become obvious where the company made a mistake. WWE always had 2 Money Machines in the company, The Rock & Stone Cold. HHH & Shawn Michaels, you always had two who sold together 50% of all merchanidise why? When one is out, you still have one to pump money into your company and you can use the other to make another Money pumping machine.

Cena has "work" with so many guys WWE has "put over" so many guys, where are they now? Look how irrelevant Zack Ryder has become, I can't even remember his well and haven't read much about him since him joining forces with Cena. He's trended less online, not much is said about is internet championship or whatever, he's pretty much become as relevant as Dolph, Drew and friends.
Back to top Go down
VLG.
The Voice
The Voice
VLG.

Male
CM Punk
Cesaro
Roman Reigns
Adam Rose
Paige
Brie Bella
Bully Ray

PostSubject: Re: I have to give John Cena a lot of credit...   I have to give John Cena a lot of credit... EmptyThu 05 Apr 2012, 6:36 am

You mentioned that The Miz should have been put in a fued with other big guns. So fueding with Triple H, The Rock and the entire WWE locker room, whilst fueding with Cena isn't "fueding with the big guns"? I don't really understand that comment. His fall from grace seems to be more storyline than anything, and if I'm not very much mistaken, didn't he score the pinfall for what should be one of the more significant changes made to WWE recently?
Back to top Go down
KTV-Time
WD Stalker
KTV-Time

Male
Tyson Kidd
Richie Steamboat
Brett & Ted Dibiasi
John Morrison
Heath Slater
Daniel Bryan
Justin Gabriel
Natalya
Maryse
Alicia Fox
Eve Torres

Kaz
Amazing Red
Chris Sabin
Alex Shelly
Daniels
Eric Young
Orlando Jordan's Boy Toy
Angelina Love
Taylor Wilde
Santana G.

PostSubject: Re: I have to give John Cena a lot of credit...   I have to give John Cena a lot of credit... EmptyThu 05 Apr 2012, 6:44 am

VLG. wrote:
You mentioned that The Miz should have been put in a fued with other big guns. So fueding with Triple H, The Rock and the entire WWE locker room, whilst fueding with Cena isn't "fueding with the big guns"? I don't really understand that comment. His fall from grace seems to be more storyline than anything, and if I'm not very much mistaken, didn't he score the pinfall for what should be one of the more significant changes made to WWE recently?

Since Feuding with Cena better said, he wrestled Cena exactly a year ago in the Wrestlemania Main Event......and since then...WWE should have kept him feuding with Kane, HHH, a returning Y2J, and the names who are no stranger to being in the main event. After his Cena feud...they didn't, instead the threw him in a irrelavant Tag Team with R-Truth that lead to nothing....like He needed R-Truth, he just broke away from Morrison, he was just getting his feet wet as a singles wrestler made it to the top just to be paired with someone else and play Cena's bitches last year? No feed him to Y2J, give him the returning Kane, let HHH come out of retirment for him not for CM Punk, Punk didnt need it...he is as a certain level as a performer already. Miz's downfall is one of the worse cases IMO. From Mania main event......to barely making the card this year...shows how "they are taking it slow" with creating stars.
Back to top Go down
VLG.
The Voice
The Voice
VLG.

Male
CM Punk
Cesaro
Roman Reigns
Adam Rose
Paige
Brie Bella
Bully Ray

PostSubject: Re: I have to give John Cena a lot of credit...   I have to give John Cena a lot of credit... EmptyThu 05 Apr 2012, 7:05 am

With a large talent pool, with many stars deserving of Main Event spots there has to be some sort of rotation. Miz has not been hard done by by any means. You may think its wrong, you may disagree with WWE's viewpoint, but personally, I think he's been kept relevant, he's been kept in storylines, he's being built back up. Yes, he probably could have been used better in the past year, but he's not been used badly, so theres no real cause to complain. He doesn't seem to be complaining, so we shouldn't be either. And his partnership with R-Truth was an attempt to build R-Truth. Admittedly it failed, but thats R-Truth's fault, and thats why it left Miz with little to do.

And I'd like to point out, you said Sheamus had been de-pushed. Last I checked he has being built back up for months, won the King of the Ring, won the Royal Rumble, won the World Heavyweight Championship at Wrestlemania. Yes, he definitely appears to have been depushed.
Back to top Go down
KTV-Time
WD Stalker
KTV-Time

Male
Tyson Kidd
Richie Steamboat
Brett & Ted Dibiasi
John Morrison
Heath Slater
Daniel Bryan
Justin Gabriel
Natalya
Maryse
Alicia Fox
Eve Torres

Kaz
Amazing Red
Chris Sabin
Alex Shelly
Daniels
Eric Young
Orlando Jordan's Boy Toy
Angelina Love
Taylor Wilde
Santana G.

PostSubject: Re: I have to give John Cena a lot of credit...   I have to give John Cena a lot of credit... EmptyThu 05 Apr 2012, 7:18 am

Funny thing about Sheamus, whenever he has been put on the pedal stool he's been overshadowed.

Honestly WWE has treated every Sheamus pus horrible. His King Gimmick was amazing... but nothing came of it....he won the Royal Rumble......only to be put in a 18 second Mania match and be pushed out of the main event.

With every step forward they took with him, they take 5 steps backwards. Now they throw him into a fued with the returning Del Rio. What will come of it? I'm pretty sure Del Rio will eventually win it off him and Sheamus will go back to wrestling on Superstars....like he did prior to winning the rumble.
Back to top Go down
VLG.
The Voice
The Voice
VLG.

Male
CM Punk
Cesaro
Roman Reigns
Adam Rose
Paige
Brie Bella
Bully Ray

PostSubject: Re: I have to give John Cena a lot of credit...   I have to give John Cena a lot of credit... EmptyThu 05 Apr 2012, 7:37 am

I disagree, he was given a monster push right off the bat, much the same way as Lesnar was. He was depushed after while, but has since been built back up to now. And yes, I agree with you, he probably is going to lose the title to Del Rio, and I'd say its gonna be within 3 months. But do you want to know what I think might happen after? I'd say we're gonna see Sheamus vs Brock Lesnar. The two superstars who won the world title in the least amount of time, battling it out to see who's better. Sounds like a good potential Summerslam match to me. That's jsut my opinion though.

Its also worth nothing that WWE made a big thing of the fact that before Sheamus, Undertaker was the last person to win the Rumble and then win the World Title at Wrestlemania. Sheamus ending the "Wrestlemania curse", as it were dubbed, and beating Daniel Bryan in 18 seconds couldn't have been all to build Sheamus up as this unstoppable force type character could it? Just a thought.
Back to top Go down
KTV-Time
WD Stalker
KTV-Time

Male
Tyson Kidd
Richie Steamboat
Brett & Ted Dibiasi
John Morrison
Heath Slater
Daniel Bryan
Justin Gabriel
Natalya
Maryse
Alicia Fox
Eve Torres

Kaz
Amazing Red
Chris Sabin
Alex Shelly
Daniels
Eric Young
Orlando Jordan's Boy Toy
Angelina Love
Taylor Wilde
Santana G.

PostSubject: Re: I have to give John Cena a lot of credit...   I have to give John Cena a lot of credit... EmptyThu 05 Apr 2012, 7:53 am

Honestly, i don't know who came up with the bright idea of having an 18 second match. It was dumb to begin with and in WWE fashion, there was no follow up on it. Daniel Bryan didn't get his rematch, after losing an 18 second match I'd want a revenge.

Plus if the tables were turned and Cena won the rumble.....would WWE ever book him in a 18 second match? No because he is an asset they actually care about, when it is down to Cena they actually sit down and think "Can a 18 second match make or break him?" While with Sheamus and Bryan Daniel......did this thought ever cross their mind? Especially with two guys who could have easily steal the show IMO because both workers are completely capable of having a Mania Moment. leave these 18 second matches for guys like Santino, who'll forever never win the world title....but you'll remember him 20-30 years from now.

like Ted DiBiase sr, Jake the Snake, Roddy Piper, all guys memorable no World title needed. Save things like that for those guys.

Guess what i'm saying, in most cases WWE caters to what benefits Cena while other guys...they do whatever they feel, regardless if it's a hit or miss.

and again you keep mentioning things from the start of their career. But in the end, Sheamus ended up like The Miz, Sheamus had a quick rise to the top and an even MORE huge fall back down and everything he has won, has come as completely random aka Winning KOR and Winning the Rumble......and as usual leads to nothing in the end.
Back to top Go down
VLG.
The Voice
The Voice
VLG.

Male
CM Punk
Cesaro
Roman Reigns
Adam Rose
Paige
Brie Bella
Bully Ray

PostSubject: Re: I have to give John Cena a lot of credit...   I have to give John Cena a lot of credit... EmptyThu 05 Apr 2012, 9:28 am

The fallout from the Rumble is not yet over, we don't know how it will end right now. So far its led to a World Championship, his third I might add. I think you'll find Sheamus will have lots of ups and downs throughout his career, but his ups will massively outweigh his downs.

You say The Miz had a quick rise to the top? Hosting the Diva Search? Thats the top is it? All these years, and I hadn't realised the top was irrelevant and forgotten. It was well over a year after his debut that Miz started receiving a significant push, when he battled CM Punk for the ECW Title. He never won it though, and the title soon after slipped into insignificantcy. He won the Tag Titles later that year, again, a title that is now irrelevant. So yeah, first couple of years in WWE, all irrelevant. And you say he received a big push?
Back to top Go down
KTV-Time
WD Stalker
KTV-Time

Male
Tyson Kidd
Richie Steamboat
Brett & Ted Dibiasi
John Morrison
Heath Slater
Daniel Bryan
Justin Gabriel
Natalya
Maryse
Alicia Fox
Eve Torres

Kaz
Amazing Red
Chris Sabin
Alex Shelly
Daniels
Eric Young
Orlando Jordan's Boy Toy
Angelina Love
Taylor Wilde
Santana G.

PostSubject: Re: I have to give John Cena a lot of credit...   I have to give John Cena a lot of credit... EmptyThu 05 Apr 2012, 9:55 am

No no, never refered to The Miz when in said instant rise to the top, i meant The Miz's rise to the time is pretty much the same as Sheamus's quick rise to the top, When he was up there....he fell hard.....REALLY hard.

Sorry for that confusion.
Back to top Go down
VLG.
The Voice
The Voice
VLG.

Male
CM Punk
Cesaro
Roman Reigns
Adam Rose
Paige
Brie Bella
Bully Ray

PostSubject: Re: I have to give John Cena a lot of credit...   I have to give John Cena a lot of credit... EmptyThu 05 Apr 2012, 10:21 am

Thats fair enough, apologies for my mistake.

Even so, its only really his fued with Alex Riley where he dipped significantly I'd say. Otherwise in my opinion, he was still fighting at or near the top of the card. Personally, I'd say he was never really depushed, jsut simply out of the title scene.
Back to top Go down
X
Ultimate Opportunist
X

Male
Number of posts : 8594
Favorite WWE Wrestler : ---
Justin Gabriel
Kofi Kingston
Chris Jericho
Tyson Kidd
Favorite WWE Diva : ---
AJ
Kaitlyn
Natalya

Favorite TNA Wrestler : ---
Rob Van Dam

Favorite TNA Knockout : ---
Tara
Christy Hemme
Gail

PostSubject: Re: I have to give John Cena a lot of credit...   I have to give John Cena a lot of credit... EmptyFri 06 Apr 2012, 2:59 am

Getting back to the topic, I agree with Kevin. Outside of Cena, no one can draw. They have to bring in Rock, Triple H, Shawn, Lesnar & Undertaker to draw because they don't have enough established stars to do so themselves.

In 2003, we had Lesnar, Triple H, Shawn, Undertaker, Kurt Angle, Chris Benoit, Rock, Steve Austin, Goldberg, Jericho, RVD, Booker T, Edge. All guys who could easily pull off an amazing fued for the world title. On top of that, Triple H, Shawn, Undertaker, Lesnar, Rock, Steve & Kurt Angle could easily carry their respective brands if any of the above were injured.

The biggest stars in the company right now are Cena, Big Show, Cody Rhodes, Dolph Ziggler, Jack Swagger, CM Punk, Kane, Orton, Jericho. Who out of these guys would you actually see defeating Cena in a fair match without interference? Orton is the only one to beat Cena fairly out of these top guys. Years ago, you'd see Rock defeating Steve Austin, Triple H beating Shawn...But now, its like they can't afford to have one of their top stars lose a fair match because it'll destroy their credibility because they are NOWHERE near the level of the 2003 stars.

Smackdown is the biggest piece of garbage right now. Orton failed at carrying SD, as Christian did, and Orton lost fairly at WM to Kane of all people. He is nowhere near the star power of Cena anymore, because he became irrelevant. The only two real stars in WWE right now are CM Punk and Cena. Chris Jericho would never be seen getting a fair win over Cena or CM Punk, so how can he be treated on their level? Its obvious now that Cena is the "rock" and Punk is the "Austin', but they can't carry anything on their own. CM Punk is even irrelevant since his fued with Cena.
Back to top Go down
Jordan H.
The Nexus
The Nexus
Jordan H.

Male
Number of posts : 4884
Job/hobbies : CHEYEAH!
Favorite WWE Wrestler : John Cena
Favorite WWE Diva : Kaitlyn
Favorite TNA Wrestler : Bobby Roode and/or James Storm
Registration date : 2009-08-10

PostSubject: Re: I have to give John Cena a lot of credit...   I have to give John Cena a lot of credit... EmptyFri 06 Apr 2012, 3:28 pm

I used to be part of that smark-We Hate Cena camp, but in recent times I've grown to respect and appreciate him as one of the best the company has ever seen and will see.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I have to give John Cena a lot of credit...   I have to give John Cena a lot of credit... Empty

Back to top Go down

I have to give John Cena a lot of credit...
Page 1 of 1