Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Are the IC and US Titles on the Way to Being Unified?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
King Silva
King of Kings
King Silva

Male
Number of posts : 32652
Favorite WWE Wrestler : ---
Current and Former:
The Rock, JoMo, Ziggler, Edge, Orton, Y2J, Hardyz, + Rhodes!
Favorite WWE Diva : -------
ALL TIME
# 1} Lita
# 2} Trish Stratus
# 3} Mickie James
# 4} Gail Kim
# 5} Michelle McCool

Favorite TNA Wrestler : ----

Favorite TNA Knockout : ---
Registration date : 2009-09-30

Are the IC and US Titles on the Way to Being Unified? Empty
PostSubject: Are the IC and US Titles on the Way to Being Unified?   Are the IC and US Titles on the Way to Being Unified? EmptyTue 15 May 2012, 9:44 pm

Last night on Raw it was stated that Cody feels he is superior to Santino and that the IC title was better than the US champion. To me that clearly sounds like they are starting a unification program so I wanted to look up the tweets [so far as of this posting] to see what was really said. The following is what I found.

http://twitter.com/#!/codyrhodeswwe

That is the link to Cody's twitter and here is the chronological order of his negative tweets about Santino and in general saying how much better the IC title is over the US title:

*Tag match tonight's #RAW...@WWEDanielBryan and myself versus @milanmiracle and @CMPunk. Millions of $$ of talent in this match...and Santino

*Ask any WWE Superstar what's the greatest match of all time...oh that's right, 90% of the time it has to do with the IC Title.

*The pinnacle of your reign @milanmiracle as United States Champion, has been the title itself covering up that tattered ass singlet.

*Oh and another thing @milanmiracle, I'll give you 500 dollars if you can tell me who Wahoo McDaniel is. Consider it a homework assignment.

Here are the responses Santino said from his Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/milanmiracle :

*@CodyRhodesWWE is just jealous. His father was "The American Dream," and I am the American Champion.

*@CodyRhodesWWE u gots lot of gut to say such thing to me, perhaps a punch or TEN to ur lips might shut ur mouth! Btw my singlet is a new

------------------------
So if I'm correct what do you think about Santino and Cody feuding where one of them will unify the IC and US Championships?

What title do you think should stick around in that scenario?

Who should be the one to unify them?

Do you think having one less mid card title will help, hurt, or have no effect on the WWE?
Back to top Go down
WhatAboutBigBob
Main Eventer
WhatAboutBigBob

Male
Number of posts : 600
Favorite WWE Wrestler :
All-Time
#1 Kane
#2 The Hardyz
#3 The Rock
#4 Degeneration X
#5 Brock Lesnar
Registration date : 2012-05-06

PostSubject: Re: Are the IC and US Titles on the Way to Being Unified?   Are the IC and US Titles on the Way to Being Unified? EmptyWed 16 May 2012, 12:36 am

I don't think it really matters if they unify the two or not. I feel like the WWE doesn't use them right as it is, so you might as well get rid of one of them. I think we can all agree that the Intercontinental Title has lost a lot of prestige over the years. It use to be "Oh man, this guy is going to be the WWE Champion some day". Now it's just another title, at least to me that's how it feels.
Back to top Go down
Sticky!!
Sticky loves Mickie! Yo soy El Jefe!
Sticky loves Mickie! Yo soy El Jefe!
Sticky!!

Male
Number of posts : 4893
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Orton
Rey
Favorite WWE Diva : Mickie James
Maria
Favorite TNA Knockout : Christy Hemme
Tara

Registration date : 2008-07-24

PostSubject: Re: Are the IC and US Titles on the Way to Being Unified?   Are the IC and US Titles on the Way to Being Unified? EmptyWed 16 May 2012, 7:20 pm

I think it's better to give more wrestlers another belt to strive for.
Back to top Go down
Paul Wyatt
NCD aka Name Changing Dude
NCD aka Name Changing Dude
Paul Wyatt

Male
Number of posts : 18569
Job/hobbies : Self-Improving
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Antonio Cesaro
Bray Wyatt
Daniel Bryan
Dolph Ziggler
Sheamus
The Shield
The Usos
Wade Barrett
Favorite WWE Diva : Naomi
Natalya
Favorite TNA Wrestler : Austin Aries
Bobby Roode
Bully Ray
Eric Young
James Storm
Registration date : 2008-07-31

PostSubject: Re: Are the IC and US Titles on the Way to Being Unified?   Are the IC and US Titles on the Way to Being Unified? EmptyThu 17 May 2012, 1:12 pm

There are simply too many championships with not enough contenders. How many SD! stars are contenders for the IC title? How many Raw stars are contenders for the US title? There aren't many on each side, so why bother having two belts anymore?!

Rather than giving everyone a singles push or doing virtually nothing with them, I think it's best to continue to go in this new direction: let the established mid-carders who may be on the brink of superstardom - handle the mid-card title (title as in one.) At the same time others who are still trying to get over can take care of the tag team division much like Titus O'neil and Darren Young.
Back to top Go down
WhatAboutBigBob
Main Eventer
WhatAboutBigBob

Male
Number of posts : 600
Favorite WWE Wrestler :
All-Time
#1 Kane
#2 The Hardyz
#3 The Rock
#4 Degeneration X
#5 Brock Lesnar
Registration date : 2012-05-06

PostSubject: Re: Are the IC and US Titles on the Way to Being Unified?   Are the IC and US Titles on the Way to Being Unified? EmptyThu 17 May 2012, 6:04 pm

I think the WWE would definitely take a step in the right direction if they got the tag-team division off. I personally think with the way the business is being run right now, having both the WWE and World Heavyweight Championship is stupid as well.

Give us the World Heavyweight Championship, the Intercontinental Championship and the Tag-Team Championships and I think it would make things a lot easier on the WWE's Writers. Put together a few super tag-teams, keep Kofi and R-Truth (two of my favorite wrestlers, or characters in R-Truth's case, today). Make the tag-team division what it once was in the late 90s, early 2000s. Bring some more superstars in for that specifically.
Back to top Go down
The Sexy Vixen
Billion Dolla Princess
Billion Dolla Princess
The Sexy Vixen

Female
Number of posts : 28940
Job/hobbies : Daycare. I adore children.
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Triple H, Orton, MVP, John Morrison, Dolph Ziggler, Kofi Kingston, Yoshi Tatsu, Zack Ryder
Favorite WWE Diva : Stephanie McMahon, Maryse, Mickie James, Layla, Natalya, Beth, Michelle McCool, Katie Lea, Kelly Kelly, Nikki Bella, Rosa Mendes (Victoria and Lita are my all-time faves)
Favorite TNA Wrestler : Jeff Jarrett, D'Angelo Dinero, MCMG, James Storm, AJ Styles, Amazing Red, Kiyoshi, Matt Morgan, Hernandez, Samoa Joe, Desmond Wolfe, Jeff Hardy, Kevin Nash
Favorite TNA Knockout : ODB, Christy Hemme, Jacqueline, Tara, Hamada, Daffney, Lacey Von Erich,
Registration date : 2009-03-23

PostSubject: Re: Are the IC and US Titles on the Way to Being Unified?   Are the IC and US Titles on the Way to Being Unified? EmptyThu 17 May 2012, 6:18 pm

WWE just cant win..at first it was too many wrestlers....so they had to brand split so everyone got tv time

now they have all these belts and not enough people to give them to (though i kinda find that to be bs cause you got guys like Zack Ryder who would make decent US or IC champs, imo...then there's the Usos who should've had the tag titles long ago, imo...same for Cryme Tyme who won a #1 contendership match but never even got a title match and omg that just pissed me off bad when they got fired......but i digress)

so to answer the title, yes I think US and IC titles will be unified next.
Back to top Go down
http://relaxedwrestlingchat.b1.jcink.com/index.php?
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Are the IC and US Titles on the Way to Being Unified?   Are the IC and US Titles on the Way to Being Unified? Empty

Back to top Go down

Are the IC and US Titles on the Way to Being Unified?
Page 1 of 1