Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Chris Sabin leaving TNA as well?

Go down 
+3
WhatAboutBigBob
King Silva
Dead
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Dead
The Sports Guy
Dead

Male
Number of posts : 31046
Registration date : 2008-08-19

Chris Sabin leaving TNA as well? Empty
PostSubject: Chris Sabin leaving TNA as well?   Chris Sabin leaving TNA as well? EmptySat 02 Jun 2012, 6:15 pm

Chris Sabin has plans to follow former Motor City Machine Guns mate Alex Shelley out the door.

The four-time X Division Champion has told friends that he plans on leaving TNA Wrestling when his contract expires in August.

On May 21, it was reported that Shelley had opted not to renew his TNA Wrestling contract, thus ending his eight-year tenure with the organization.
Back to top Go down
King Silva
King of Kings
King Silva

Male
Number of posts : 32652
Favorite WWE Wrestler : ---
Current and Former:
The Rock, JoMo, Ziggler, Edge, Orton, Y2J, Hardyz, + Rhodes!
Favorite WWE Diva : -------
ALL TIME
# 1} Lita
# 2} Trish Stratus
# 3} Mickie James
# 4} Gail Kim
# 5} Michelle McCool

Favorite TNA Wrestler : ----

Favorite TNA Knockout : ---
Registration date : 2009-09-30

PostSubject: Re: Chris Sabin leaving TNA as well?   Chris Sabin leaving TNA as well? EmptySat 02 Jun 2012, 8:38 pm

Great news imo.

Have him and Shelley come to WWE.

Maybe WWE's tag division can get a little better with the addition of them and hopefully some more focus.

Not to mention both would qualify for the rumored CW show.

I could also see either fitting into the IC/US title scene as well.
Back to top Go down
WhatAboutBigBob
Main Eventer
WhatAboutBigBob

Male
Number of posts : 600
Favorite WWE Wrestler :
All-Time
#1 Kane
#2 The Hardyz
#3 The Rock
#4 Degeneration X
#5 Brock Lesnar
Registration date : 2012-05-06

PostSubject: Re: Chris Sabin leaving TNA as well?   Chris Sabin leaving TNA as well? EmptySun 03 Jun 2012, 12:24 am

Come on Silva, you know the WWE would split them up the second they'd sign them together. The Tag-Team and Diva's Division are definitely at the bottom of the WWE's priorities list.
Back to top Go down
King Silva
King of Kings
King Silva

Male
Number of posts : 32652
Favorite WWE Wrestler : ---
Current and Former:
The Rock, JoMo, Ziggler, Edge, Orton, Y2J, Hardyz, + Rhodes!
Favorite WWE Diva : -------
ALL TIME
# 1} Lita
# 2} Trish Stratus
# 3} Mickie James
# 4} Gail Kim
# 5} Michelle McCool

Favorite TNA Wrestler : ----

Favorite TNA Knockout : ---
Registration date : 2009-09-30

PostSubject: Re: Chris Sabin leaving TNA as well?   Chris Sabin leaving TNA as well? EmptySun 03 Jun 2012, 2:55 am

I know it is not likely that it would work but I would have a little bit of faith.
Back to top Go down
Shimmer Mark
World Champion
World Champion
Shimmer Mark

Male
Number of posts : 2263
Job/hobbies : Banking
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Antonio Cesaro, Justin Gabriel, Evan Bourne
Favorite WWE Diva : AJ, Natalya, Paige
Favorite TNA Wrestler : AJ Styles, Christopher Daniels
Favorite TNA Knockout : Gail Kim
Registration date : 2008-09-13

PostSubject: Re: Chris Sabin leaving TNA as well?   Chris Sabin leaving TNA as well? EmptySun 03 Jun 2012, 12:09 pm

I am extremely sad to see both of these guys leave TNA. In my opinion, they were two of the best men on the roster.

As far as them leaving to go to WWE, it would be a good move for them. More money and more exposure would be a benefit. However, I just hope that WWE would use them to their potential.

If they do get signed, are the people that are always complaining about TNA picking up WWE castoffs going to come out about WWE picking up TNA castoffs?
Back to top Go down
perceval
World Champion
World Champion

Number of posts : 1445
Registration date : 2011-06-10

PostSubject: Re: Chris Sabin leaving TNA as well?   Chris Sabin leaving TNA as well? EmptySun 03 Jun 2012, 4:18 pm

No, because, frankly, TNA isn't considered WWE's equal. No one calls CM Punk or Kharma TNA castoffs. It's just moving from that little soundstage in Florida to the big arenas across North America.

It's like how ECW, while one of the Big Three, was never considered an equal to the WWF or WCW.
Back to top Go down
Dead
The Sports Guy
Dead

Male

PostSubject: Re: Chris Sabin leaving TNA as well?   Chris Sabin leaving TNA as well? EmptySun 03 Jun 2012, 4:24 pm

CM Punk didnt make his name in TNA anyway to be considered a "TNA castoff".
Back to top Go down
Angelus
WD Stalker
Angelus

Number of posts : 11345
Registration date : 2008-08-24

PostSubject: Re: Chris Sabin leaving TNA as well?   Chris Sabin leaving TNA as well? EmptySun 03 Jun 2012, 5:25 pm

not suprised by this move.

TNA can't have castoffs because all of most tna talent works a independent circuit and along with mexico,japan major promotions.

As much as they want to be WWE they can't because they ain't willing to pay to keep their talent off of other shows.
Back to top Go down
Dead
The Sports Guy
Dead

Male

PostSubject: Re: Chris Sabin leaving TNA as well?   Chris Sabin leaving TNA as well? EmptySun 03 Jun 2012, 5:33 pm

Their talent work in Japan and Mexico because TNA has agreements with NJPW and AAA to share talent.

Also, its mainly ROH that TNA talent cant go to because of the tv and ppv deal.
Back to top Go down
perceval
World Champion
World Champion

PostSubject: Re: Chris Sabin leaving TNA as well?   Chris Sabin leaving TNA as well? EmptySun 03 Jun 2012, 6:02 pm

Dead wrote:

TNA got him his most pre-WWE exposure. You have to remember that the vast majority of pro wrestling fans weren't familiar with his ROH and other indie work because it wasn't on TV.
Back to top Go down
Dead
The Sports Guy
Dead

Male

PostSubject: Re: Chris Sabin leaving TNA as well?   Chris Sabin leaving TNA as well? EmptySun 03 Jun 2012, 6:08 pm

perceval wrote:
Dead wrote:

TNA got him his most pre-WWE exposure. You have to remember that the vast majority of pro wrestling fans weren't familiar with his ROH and other indie work because it wasn't on TV.

Punk wasnt even in TNA for almost a year, so no. You have to remember that most people didnt discover Punk until his ROH work, because that is where he got his cult following and why hes still over to this day. TNA had nothing to do with it.
Back to top Go down
perceval
World Champion
World Champion

PostSubject: Re: Chris Sabin leaving TNA as well?   Chris Sabin leaving TNA as well? EmptySun 03 Jun 2012, 10:33 pm

Do you really believe that more people attended ROH shows than watched TNA on TV?

This isn't a question of which promotion's product is superior, but the sheer reality of millions being more than hundreds. Millions seeing you perform is more exposure than hundreds seeing you perform. Period.

Would I prefer ROH to be bigger than TNA? Sure. I know it isn't, though. It's finally got something of a TV deal, though it still isn't in enough markets to really make a dent.
Back to top Go down
Paul Wyatt
NCD aka Name Changing Dude
NCD aka Name Changing Dude
Paul Wyatt

Male
Number of posts : 18569
Job/hobbies : Self-Improving
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Antonio Cesaro
Bray Wyatt
Daniel Bryan
Dolph Ziggler
Sheamus
The Shield
The Usos
Wade Barrett
Favorite WWE Diva : Naomi
Natalya
Favorite TNA Wrestler : Austin Aries
Bobby Roode
Bully Ray
Eric Young
James Storm
Registration date : 2008-07-31

PostSubject: Re: Chris Sabin leaving TNA as well?   Chris Sabin leaving TNA as well? EmptyMon 04 Jun 2012, 5:01 pm

At the time when Punk was in TNA, I don't think many people were watching. They used to air on PPV and on some sports channel which aired Friday afternoons (at least here in NY.)

I don't think many people were chilling at home watching iMPACT! Wrestling on a Friday afternoon. I only knew about TNA because around that time I was home-schooled. Therefore I'd be home doing some homework or getting ready for my instructor to arrive.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chris Sabin leaving TNA as well?   Chris Sabin leaving TNA as well? Empty

Back to top Go down

Chris Sabin leaving TNA as well?
Page 1 of 1