Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

13 Horror Games That Should’ve Been At E3

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Dead
The Sports Guy
Dead

Male
Number of posts : 31046
Registration date : 2008-08-19

13 Horror Games That Should’ve Been At E3 Empty
PostSubject: 13 Horror Games That Should’ve Been At E3   13 Horror Games That Should’ve Been At E3 EmptyTue 19 Jun 2012, 4:51 pm

http://bloody-disgusting.com/news/3148846/13-horror-games-that-shouldve-been-at-e3/

13. Project “Zwei”

Horror fans have been aching for something scary since Amnesia: The Dark Descent came and scared the piss out of all of us. There’s a very good chance the mysterious survival horror project Zwei could be Resident Evil creator Shinji Mikami’s final game, so there’s that. I so desperately want him to go out with a bang, to give us a game that I wanted Shadows of the Damned to be. For this to happen, Mikami needs to return to his roots. That means a creepy atmosphere, clever puzzles, and constant tension. We don’t know much about the game so far, but it was revealed not long before E3, so it’s a little disappointing we didn’t hear something from it at the event. There’s always TGS.

12. F.E.A.R. 4

I’ve said it before and I will keep saying it until someone stabs me in the neck for saying it too much: F.E.A.R. 3 rocked. I loved it. Now with that said, it was about as scary as a coloring book. Even with John Carpenter (Halloween) and Steve Niles (30 Days of Night) dousing it with their creative juices, there wasn’t a single scary moment in the entire game. It was an action game through and through and while I applaud the entertaining co-op, the multiplayer was really where it was at. I don’t think the game sold terribly well, so there’s a chance that was the end of the series, but if it wasn’t, hopefully we’ll hear something soon.

11. Resident Evil Outbreak File #3

Obviously, I wasn’t actually expecting to hear about another Outbreak, but this is something Capcom needs to do. I’ve already done the hard part, now it’s up to Capcom to take care of the rest. Another Outbreak would be incredible, and as a $15-20 downloadable title I could see it being successful. I wouldn’t even mind it if Capcom released extra cooperative missions as DLC. Just do it.

10. Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs

Now, I can’t really complain since we got a brief teaser earlier today, but that’s really not enough. I want some gameplay. Not that much, but just enough to really get a feel of the direction thechineseroom is taking with the series. I have faith in them as a developer, but I’d still like to make sure this game is going to be as terrifying as its predecessor was.

9. Dead Island: Riptide

A few months back Dead Island publisher Deep Silver trademarked the name “Dead World,” leading many to believe the next game was going to be on a much larger scale. Then during the craziness that was this year’s E3, they drop the bomb that the next game is actually called Dead Island: Riptide and won’t cost as much as a full game (it’ll charge $50). Does this mean this is a full sequel, a spin-off, or what? I have a lot of questions and none were answered at E3. It sounds like we’ll have to wait until later this summer for more.

8. Doom 4

What in the hell is going on with this game? It was supposed to be announced years ago, then id teases a reveal at last year’s QuakeCon, and still nothing. Is the game in trouble? Is it still a long ways off? It’s not that surprising we didn’t hear about it at E3 since id tends to save the juiciest news for their QuakeCon event, but come on, give us something already, because a couple hundred images just isn’t enough.

7. inSANE

It saddens me to say it, but this game is in trouble. That’s because after a real bad decision THQ is now in trouble, and that sucks. You never want to see a company struggle, but it’s especially difficult because THQ is responsible for some fantastic games. They have Saints Row, Darksiders, and Metro, to name a few, but their most intriguing title is arguably inSANE. Guillermo Del Toro is a bundle of awesome and he needs more work, so if this game is cancelled I will personally walk down to the THQ headquarters and with tear-filled eyes offer my body to get it started. Do with me what you will, THQ, I only ask that you give the world inSANE.

6. The Suffering 3

This series is probably dead, but I played the first game again fairly recently and had a lot of fun with it. It’s Silent Hill on steroids and I love it. The Suffering is another series I could see as a cheaper downloadable title. Even some HD versions of the two games would be great. These games died too quickly.

5. Fatal Frame

At this point I’d welcome a port of Fatal Frame IV, Fatal Frame V, or the remake of the original game that’s in the works–I really just want some Fatal Frame. There’s still a substantial number of people still interested in blasting paranormal ass with an ancient camera, no matter what form it comes in. It’d make for a fantastic Wii U game where you use the GamePad controller as the Camera Obscura. That’d be terrifying.

4. Left 4 Dead 3/Prequel

Before E3 Valve said there wouldn’t be any announcements regarding Portal 3, Half-Life Episode 3, or Left 4 Dead 3. Then, during the event a rumor leaked out that hinted at Valve was collaborating with Overkill Entertainment on a Left 4 Dead prequel. That was eventually shot down, but not before plenty of us had enough time to get our hopes up before having them trampled on. It turns out that’s not happening.

3. Eternal Darkness II

When G4TV host Geoff Keighley hinted at an E3 reveal that would blow everyone away there was a part of me that desperately wanted it to be Eternal Darkness II. It’s been hinted at by developer Silicon Knights who’s also been rumored to be working on a horror game, so there’s a decent chance this might be on the way. Alas, it didn’t show it’s beautiful face at E3, but I still have hope. I’ll always have hope.

2. Condemned 3

There’s absolutely no reason there isn’t a gaggle of sleep-deprived game designers already hard at work on this game. Sure, the last one got a little weird, but it was still a damn terrifying game. If/when this one gets unveiled, I’d really like to see them shy away from the government conspiracies and ancient cults. For a game that tends to rely on brutal realism, the ending was comical.

1. Alan Wake 2

This is the only game that I was sure would get revealed at E3. Remedy creative director even tweeted a link to a suspicious blog that sounds a lot like a viral site for Alan Wake 2. There’s still a chance the studio has something exciting in the works since they’re almost definitely working on the game after the success of Alan Wake’s recent port to PC and American Nightmare on XBLA. I just hope it comes soon rather than later. Mostly because I’m terribly impatient.

Honorable Mention: Possession

I’ve almost completely given up any real hope of this game ever seeing the light of day. But I refuse to give up entirely, so it deserves some sort of mention. It’s premise puts you in control of an intelligent zombie who uses hordes of the undead to do his bidding and get revenge on the corporation that created the plague. It just sounds so intensely badass.
Back to top Go down

13 Horror Games That Should’ve Been At E3
Page 1 of 1