Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Major Backstage Heat On Abraham 'A.W.' Washington

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Angelus
WD Stalker
Angelus

Number of posts : 11345
Registration date : 2008-08-24

Major Backstage Heat On Abraham 'A.W.' Washington Empty
PostSubject: Major Backstage Heat On Abraham 'A.W.' Washington   Major Backstage Heat On Abraham 'A.W.' Washington EmptyTue 31 Jul 2012, 12:45 am

As you can imagine, there is major backstage heat on AW (Abraham Washington) for his comments regarding Kobe Bryant and his rape case from Colorado.

During Monday's live WWE RAW broadcast, A.W. made an off-color remark referencing NBA player Kobe Bryant's sexual assault case in 2003 and 2004.

As client Titus O'Neil tangled with Kofi Kingston in a singles match, A.W. yelled from ringside, "Titus O'Neil is like Kobe Bryant at a hotel in Colorado hotel room. He's unstoppable!!"

Following the commercial break, WWE broadcaster Michael Cole issued an apology on behalf of the organization for A.W.'s remark. He then quickly transitioned to a replay of a backstage segment featuring John Cena and CM Punk that took moments prior.

In 2003, Bryant was accused of sexual assault after having sex with a hotel employee in Colorado. In September 2004, prosecutors dropped the case after his accuser refused to testify. A civil suit was later filed and settled out of court.

There are many who feel a release or suspension is forthcoming, especially since WWE apologized for the remarks upon returning from break. This is similar to the Chris Jericho flag incident where the company knew they had to take some sort of disciplinary action. This is also obviously not good for Linda McMahon's senate run.

In addition to that, Vince McMahon was not in a good mood at RAW due to the chaos that ensued just before RAW went live. We'll have more on his mood and backstage reaction tomorrow here on the website.
Back to top Go down
Paul Wyatt
NCD aka Name Changing Dude
Paul Wyatt

Male
Number of posts : 18569
Job/hobbies : Self-Improving
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Antonio Cesaro
Bray Wyatt
Daniel Bryan
Dolph Ziggler
Sheamus
The Shield
The Usos
Wade Barrett
Favorite WWE Diva : Naomi
Natalya
Favorite TNA Wrestler : Austin Aries
Bobby Roode
Bully Ray
Eric Young
James Storm
Registration date : 2008-07-31

PostSubject: Re: Major Backstage Heat On Abraham 'A.W.' Washington   Major Backstage Heat On Abraham 'A.W.' Washington EmptyTue 31 Jul 2012, 1:51 am

When I heard him say that was like wtf?

Why are you referencing something that old and inappropriate?
Back to top Go down
WhatAboutBigBob
Main Eventer
WhatAboutBigBob

Male
Number of posts : 600
Favorite WWE Wrestler :
All-Time
#1 Kane
#2 The Hardyz
#3 The Rock
#4 Degeneration X
#5 Brock Lesnar
Registration date : 2012-05-06

PostSubject: Re: Major Backstage Heat On Abraham 'A.W.' Washington   Major Backstage Heat On Abraham 'A.W.' Washington EmptyTue 31 Jul 2012, 2:25 am

I've got to be honest, I didn't hear it.

A.W. is one of those people that I block out... that said though. Had I heard it, I would of laughed. I've got no problem with him saying that.
Back to top Go down
King Silva
King of Kings
King Silva

Male
Number of posts : 32652
Favorite WWE Wrestler : ---
Current and Former:
The Rock, JoMo, Ziggler, Edge, Orton, Y2J, Hardyz, + Rhodes!
Favorite WWE Diva : -------
ALL TIME
# 1} Lita
# 2} Trish Stratus
# 3} Mickie James
# 4} Gail Kim
# 5} Michelle McCool

Favorite TNA Wrestler : ----

Favorite TNA Knockout : ---
Registration date : 2009-09-30

PostSubject: Re: Major Backstage Heat On Abraham 'A.W.' Washington   Major Backstage Heat On Abraham 'A.W.' Washington EmptyTue 31 Jul 2012, 3:52 am

WhatAboutBigBob wrote:
I've got to be honest, I didn't hear it.

A.W. is one of those people that I block out... that said though. Had I heard it, I would of laughed. I've got no problem with him saying that.

I also missed it since I could give a fuck about him to be honest..

I think he will be lucky if he gets away without punishment.

I don't care really if he is suspended or even released I find him very annoying.

At the very least they should take his head set away when his team is wrestling.. My ears would really appreciate that at least.... Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
King Silva
King of Kings
King Silva

Male
Current and Former:
ALL TIME
# 1} Lita
# 2} Trish Stratus
# 3} Mickie James
# 4} Gail Kim
# 5} Michelle McCool

PostSubject: Re: Major Backstage Heat On Abraham 'A.W.' Washington   Major Backstage Heat On Abraham 'A.W.' Washington EmptyTue 31 Jul 2012, 4:37 am

He responded:

http://www.lordsofpain.net/news/wwe/A_W_Says_His_Kobe_Bryant_Joke_Was_Not_Malicious_WWE_Personnel_Furious.html

During Monday's live WWE Raw broadcast, A.W. made a crass joke referencing NBA player Kobe Bryant's sexual assault case years ago. As client Titus O'Neil tangled with Kofi Kingston in a singles match, A.W. yelled from ringside, "Titus O'Neil is like Kobe Bryant at a hotel in Colorado hotel room. He's unstoppable!!" The WWE personality issued an apology late Monday evening via Twitter and noted that "there was no malicious intent behind the joke."

A.W. wrote, "It was either a Kobe or Lebron joke. Lebron just won the Finals so there you have it..Myself!"

The remark was in reference to the basketball star being accused of sexual assault in summer 2003 after having sex with a 19-year-old hotel employee in Colorado. In September 2004, prosecutors dropped the case after his accuser refused to testify. A civil suit was later filed and settled out of court.

Following the commercial break, WWE broadcaster Michael Cole issued an apology on behalf of the organization for "remarks made by A.W.," though without specifically referencing the joke. F4WOnline.com reports that many people were furious backstage over the remark, as well as in disbelief.

After Raw, WWE issued an official apology via TMZ.com reading, "A.W. made an inappropriate comment and WWE immediately apologized. WWE has taken appropriate action in the matter." The representative, however, did not specify what "action" was taken against A.W.

-------------------

From TMZ:

TMZ.com has picked up the story of A.W.'s rape joke on RAW. A rep for WWE issued a statement to the site, saying:

"A.W. made an inappropriate comment and WWE immediately apologized. WWE has taken appropriate action in the matter."

The exact details of what action they took was unspecified. According to sources in the company, A.W. "felt horrible" for the comment and said that he "got caught up in the moment." He reportedly realized that the comment could have been hurtful to rape victims and to their families. He is said to have immediately apologized to WWE officials including the McMahons, as well as several wrestlers. He promised not to make similar comments in the future.
Back to top Go down
King Silva
King of Kings
King Silva

Male
Current and Former:
ALL TIME
# 1} Lita
# 2} Trish Stratus
# 3} Mickie James
# 4} Gail Kim
# 5} Michelle McCool

PostSubject: Re: Major Backstage Heat On Abraham 'A.W.' Washington   Major Backstage Heat On Abraham 'A.W.' Washington EmptyTue 31 Jul 2012, 11:05 am

http://www.lordsofpain.net/news/wwe/Backstage_News_on_the_WWE_Tag_Team_Titles_Del_Rio_vs_Sheamus_New_Women_s_Promotion.html

- Many in WWE expect Titus O'Neil and Darren Young to capture the Tag Team Titles before SummerSlam or at the pay-per-view. No word yet if AW's blunder on RAW last night will effect their push.

--------------

That really sucks for Darren/Titus if his fuck up costs them the tag titles..
Back to top Go down
Paul Wyatt
Paul Wyatt

Male
Number of posts : 18569
Job/hobbies : Self-Improving
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Antonio Cesaro
Bray Wyatt
Daniel Bryan
Dolph Ziggler
Sheamus
The Shield
The Usos
Wade Barrett
Favorite WWE Diva : Naomi
Natalya
Favorite TNA Wrestler : Austin Aries
Bobby Roode
Bully Ray
Eric Young
James Storm
Registration date : 2008-07-31

PostSubject: Re: Major Backstage Heat On Abraham 'A.W.' Washington   Major Backstage Heat On Abraham 'A.W.' Washington EmptyTue 31 Jul 2012, 12:06 pm

I wasn't offended by it, but I thought it was was stupid to mention in a PG era.
Back to top Go down
Angelus
WD Stalker
Angelus

PostSubject: Re: Major Backstage Heat On Abraham 'A.W.' Washington   Major Backstage Heat On Abraham 'A.W.' Washington EmptyTue 31 Jul 2012, 5:47 pm

I think he become overly offense

I mean he made jokes on Rosa Mendes Race during matches and stuff like that.

I mean this guy ain't even being funny I think he is trying to be offensive.

I would of released him when he started talkin about race during the feud with primo and epico.

The reason he is in trouble is because this is gonna hurt Linda in the election because it looks like they are making fun of the incident said in of itself.
Back to top Go down
King Silva
King of Kings
King Silva

Male
Current and Former:
ALL TIME
# 1} Lita
# 2} Trish Stratus
# 3} Mickie James
# 4} Gail Kim
# 5} Michelle McCool

PostSubject: Re: Major Backstage Heat On Abraham 'A.W.' Washington   Major Backstage Heat On Abraham 'A.W.' Washington EmptyTue 31 Jul 2012, 7:08 pm

^ Yeah apparently this isn't the first time he has crossed the line.

I tune him out so I didn't hear him saying shit about Primo/Epico crossing a border or whatever the fuck he said negative about their race [which is not even Mexican it is Puerto Rican]...

Regardless of being a heel or not you can't say shit like that or this..
Back to top Go down
Angelus
WD Stalker
Angelus

PostSubject: Re: Major Backstage Heat On Abraham 'A.W.' Washington   Major Backstage Heat On Abraham 'A.W.' Washington EmptyTue 31 Jul 2012, 8:50 pm

that my issue with this guy he is aimming for cheap heat.

I mean the stuff he says is more aimmed at offensive and insulting people in real life then a wrestler and some of it makes no sense. I mean what does LeBron or Kobe got anything to do with this and if he insulted LeBron I think Vince would of flipped out more because LeBron has done video and shows up to event. LeBron likes WWE.
Back to top Go down
King Silva
King of Kings
King Silva

Male
Current and Former:
ALL TIME
# 1} Lita
# 2} Trish Stratus
# 3} Mickie James
# 4} Gail Kim
# 5} Michelle McCool

PostSubject: Re: Major Backstage Heat On Abraham 'A.W.' Washington   Major Backstage Heat On Abraham 'A.W.' Washington EmptyWed 01 Aug 2012, 3:27 am

Apparently not much changed.

SD Spoilers:

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Major Backstage Heat On Abraham 'A.W.' Washington   Major Backstage Heat On Abraham 'A.W.' Washington Empty

Back to top Go down

Major Backstage Heat On Abraham 'A.W.' Washington
Page 1 of 1