Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

wwe.com's top 10 fantasy matches

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
perceval
World Champion
World Champion

Number of posts : 1445
Registration date : 2011-06-10

wwe.com's top 10 fantasy matches Empty
PostSubject: wwe.com's top 10 fantasy matches   wwe.com's top 10 fantasy matches EmptyThu 09 Aug 2012, 2:58 pm

http://www.wwe.com/videos/wwecom-countdown-top-10-fantasy-matches-that-never-happened-26043099

Two of them have someone fighting themselves. smile

Nice to see a Women's match made their list.
Back to top Go down
King Silva
King of Kings
King Silva

Male
Number of posts : 32652
Favorite WWE Wrestler : ---
Current and Former:
The Rock, JoMo, Ziggler, Edge, Orton, Y2J, Hardyz, + Rhodes!
Favorite WWE Diva : -------
ALL TIME
# 1} Lita
# 2} Trish Stratus
# 3} Mickie James
# 4} Gail Kim
# 5} Michelle McCool

Favorite TNA Wrestler : ----

Favorite TNA Knockout : ---
Registration date : 2009-09-30

PostSubject: Re: wwe.com's top 10 fantasy matches   wwe.com's top 10 fantasy matches EmptyThu 09 Aug 2012, 7:05 pm

There were some good choices.

Punk/Macho Man, Moolah/Trish, Angle/Hart, and HBK/The Rock.

Interesting that they choose The Dudleys vs LOD.

I also was shocked it wasn't Hogan or Stone Cold v Cena since he wasn't even in any of these match ups..

Anything with Hogan barely interests me so the Hogan/SCSA match wouldn't be anything I care to see..
Back to top Go down
WhatAboutBigBob
Main Eventer
WhatAboutBigBob

Male
Number of posts : 600
Favorite WWE Wrestler :
All-Time
#1 Kane
#2 The Hardyz
#3 The Rock
#4 Degeneration X
#5 Brock Lesnar
Registration date : 2012-05-06

PostSubject: Re: wwe.com's top 10 fantasy matches   wwe.com's top 10 fantasy matches EmptyFri 10 Aug 2012, 3:17 am

One match that I would have added, but we all know the WWE would not have put it up there, is Chris Benoit/Daniel Bryan. I think it's pretty obvious that Bryan mirroed himself after Benoit, other than the kicks, and it would be a great technical match.
Back to top Go down
#WeWantTaryn
Divas Lover.
#WeWantTaryn

Male
Number of posts : 7477
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Roman Reigns
Daniel Bryan
Jimmy & Jey Uso
Seth Rollins
Dolph Ziggler
Antonio Cesaro

Favorite WWE Diva : AJ Lee
Alicia Fox

Favorite TNA Wrestler : EC3
Austin Aries
MVP
Roode
Bobby Lashley
Kenny King
Favorite TNA Knockout : Taryn Terrell
Brittany
Angelina Love
Registration date : 2008-06-28

PostSubject: Re: wwe.com's top 10 fantasy matches   wwe.com's top 10 fantasy matches EmptyFri 10 Aug 2012, 7:12 am

Kelly Kelly vs Joy Giovanni YES that would be awesome!!!!
Back to top Go down
X
Ultimate Opportunist
X

Male
Number of posts : 8594
Favorite WWE Wrestler : ---
Justin Gabriel
Kofi Kingston
Chris Jericho
Tyson Kidd
Favorite WWE Diva : ---
AJ
Kaitlyn
Natalya

Favorite TNA Wrestler : ---
Rob Van Dam

Favorite TNA Knockout : ---
Tara
Christy Hemme
Gail
Registration date : 2008-08-24

PostSubject: Re: wwe.com's top 10 fantasy matches   wwe.com's top 10 fantasy matches EmptyFri 10 Aug 2012, 9:21 am

I don't see the hype of Trish vs Moolah. They are just putting them in a match because they were the overhyped ones of their generation, i doubt it'd be a good match.
Back to top Go down
perceval
World Champion
World Champion

Number of posts : 1445
Registration date : 2011-06-10

PostSubject: Re: wwe.com's top 10 fantasy matches   wwe.com's top 10 fantasy matches EmptyFri 10 Aug 2012, 2:48 pm

RaTeD x UnAmErIcAn wrote:
I don't see the hype of Trish vs Moolah. They are just putting them in a match because they were the overhyped ones of their generation, i doubt it'd be a good match.

I can see how someone who knows little about the history of Women's wrestling might feel that way. Or, do you define "overhyped" as who carried Women's wrestling during their eras? Were Austin and the Rock "overhyped," in your eyes? Yeah, Bret Hart was a much better technical wrestler than Austin or Rock, but Raw's ratings never went above the 2s during the Bret Hart Era.

Moolah took on the Old Boy Network that had screwed over her mentor, Mildred Burke, and beat them. When Women's wrestling in Japan had sunk to such a low point by the mid 60s that it was reduced to being a side show at strip clubs, it was Moolah coming in and giving a new promotion called AJW legitimacy, leading to Joshi as we know it, today. It was Moolah dropping the Championship to Wendi Richter that took a little New York promotion called the WWF and made it a national phenomenon. While a lot of negative things have been said about Moolah as a person, even her harshest critics don't deny her accomplishments.

Still, though, Women's wrestling remained, to quote Wendi Richter, "a novelty, like the midgets." Even Chyna, "the Ninth Wonder of the World," was a novelty act at the end of the day. That is, until 2002, when Trish brought Women's wrestling to the upper card and a draw in it's own right. Trish created the market (Lita might have if she hadn't been out with her neck injury, but there's no one else who could have) for Women's wrestling in North America, her legacy being the TNA Knockouts (conceived originally by Dixie Carter & Jeff Jarrett as an attempt to lure Trish out of retirement), SHIMMER, WSU, and every other all female Division and promotion in North America.

Sure, some try to ignore reality and say "They should have pushed this or that person instead of Trish & Lita." They did. Gail was pushed as the Face of the Division in 2003. Victoria was pushed hard as the Face of the Division in 2004. Mickie in 2006. Melina, Candice, & Beth in 2007. Then, LayCool. Then, Kelly. Nevertheless, those pesky fans (You know, the people paying the bills) insisted on Trish & Lita, always being less interested if one of them wasn't in the title picture. Sure, you can say that businesses should ignore their customers, but that's generally considered not a good idea.

You can resent that all you like, but it doesn't change the facts.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: wwe.com's top 10 fantasy matches   wwe.com's top 10 fantasy matches Empty

Back to top Go down

wwe.com's top 10 fantasy matches
Page 1 of 1