Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Daniels Reveals TNA World Title Aspirations; Also Talks Claire Lynch Storyline

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
King Silva
King of Kings
King Silva

Male
Number of posts : 32652
Favorite WWE Wrestler : ---
Current and Former:
The Rock, JoMo, Ziggler, Edge, Orton, Y2J, Hardyz, + Rhodes!
Favorite WWE Diva : -------
ALL TIME
# 1} Lita
# 2} Trish Stratus
# 3} Mickie James
# 4} Gail Kim
# 5} Michelle McCool

Favorite TNA Wrestler : ----

Favorite TNA Knockout : ---
Registration date : 2009-09-30

Daniels Reveals TNA World Title Aspirations; Also Talks Claire Lynch Storyline Empty
PostSubject: Daniels Reveals TNA World Title Aspirations; Also Talks Claire Lynch Storyline   Daniels Reveals TNA World Title Aspirations; Also Talks Claire Lynch Storyline EmptyThu 08 Nov 2012, 11:39 pm

http://pwtorch.com/artman2/publish/TNA_News_1/article_66486.shtml

PWTorch columnist Sean Radican spoke to TNA wrestler Christopher Daniels during TNA's media conference call on Wednesday promoting this Sunday's Turning Point PPV. The following is Part One of Radican's Q&A from the conference call. Part Two will be published Thursday prior to TNA Impact.

Radican: First of all, I wanted to ask you - do you see yourself holding the TNA World Title before your career is over, or will you be content with your legacy as a great, standout supporting player?

Daniels: I would love to be World champion. I think that right now, it's just a matter of the opportunity coming around. You know, if you asked me five years ago, 'Could I be World champion?' I would have answered yes. But, the truth is that I feel like right now, with the work that I'm doing, I'm closer to being World champion than I've ever been. I think it's just a matter of circumstances and opportunity.

You look at guys like Mark Henry who had such a long career in WWE before he finally became World champion. You look at someone like Austin Aries, who if you said two years ago, 'Could he be World champion?' you might have answered negative. But, the truth is just catching fire and catching the eyes. I feel like I've done that the past couple of months.

So, could I be World champion? Absolutely. I feel like I still wrestle - and can wrestle - a main event style. I certainly can get on the microphone and hopefully talk people into the seats to get my ass beat.

Will I be content? You know, I would love to be World champion. If it doesn't happen, I have to be honest with myself and say that I've had a very successful career. But, yeah, there would still be a little bit of that ache of not being World champion. And, I'm going to try to rectify that in the months to come.

Later in the conference call, Daniels commented that driving toward the TNA World Title is one of his motivators to keep him going 20-plus-years into being a pro wrestler.

- Check back for Part Two on Thursday[?].

--------------------------

TNA wrestler Christopher Daniels says he believes the biggest issue TNA faced with the Claire Lynch storyline earlier this year was not preparing the actress (Julia Reilly) for being involved in a pro wrestling setting.

Daniels, who was a central figure in the Lynch storyline, said during a TNA conference call on Wednesday that Reilly could have been given more information on "what she was getting into" before being thrust into a storyline that was already receiving backlash from TNA viewers.

"It was a gamble to try to put someone in that position that wasn't a wrestler," Daniels said. "I felt TNA broke new ground trying to make something more personal than professional with the character. And, I think in hindset, it maybe bit us because Claire - (the person playing) the character - was not used to professional wrestling audiences. It's a different audience. And, you hire an actress to be a certain character and actors are used to certain audiences and professional wrestling audiences are completely different than that."

Daniels also commented on Reilly deciding to part ways with TNA prior to the climax of the storyline, which led to TNA quickly writing off the story.

"I'm sure that she was surprised by the reactions to some of the stuff. It sort of prompted her to go her own way a lot earlier than we had expected," Daniels said. "In that respect, we possibly could have prepared her a little better or given her a better idea of what she was in for."

Daniels said he believes the end-goal was realized, though, despite the abrupt ending to the storyline. Daniels said they wanted to make A.J. Styles seem more virtous as a babyface and make Kazarian and he more scummy as heels.

"When you look at the end result, those two goals were met," Daniels opined. "Could it have gone better? Sure. Of course. You have no idea how things are going to go when you get in the ring, but I think for a good while, we had the audience in the palms of our hands."

http://pwtorch.com/artman2/publish/TNA_News_1/article_66488.shtml
Back to top Go down
Mia
Shield Believer
Shield Believer
Mia

Female
Number of posts : 13322
Job/hobbies : zombies
Favorite WWE Wrestler :
Seth Rollins
Roman Reigns
Dean Ambrose
Sami Zayn
Adrian Neville
Antonio Cesaro
Dolph Ziggler
Corey Graves
Sheamus
Christian
Edge
CM Punk

Favorite WWE Diva :
Paige
Emma
Michelle
Eve
Maryse
ivory
trish
lita

Favorite TNA Wrestler : Roode
Aries
Bully Ray
Storm
The Wolves

Favorite TNA Knockout : Brooke
Christy
Taryn

Registration date : 2008-07-03

Daniels Reveals TNA World Title Aspirations; Also Talks Claire Lynch Storyline Empty
PostSubject: Re: Daniels Reveals TNA World Title Aspirations; Also Talks Claire Lynch Storyline   Daniels Reveals TNA World Title Aspirations; Also Talks Claire Lynch Storyline EmptyMon 12 Nov 2012, 1:42 am

I think he could be the world champ but I want to see him and Kaz get the tag belts again. I didnt like the storyline so Im glad it got dropped.
Back to top Go down

Daniels Reveals TNA World Title Aspirations; Also Talks Claire Lynch Storyline
Page 1 of 1