Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Thoughts on Current Direction for WWE?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Paul Wyatt
NCD aka Name Changing Dude
Paul Wyatt

Male
Number of posts : 18569
Job/hobbies : Self-Improving
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Antonio Cesaro
Bray Wyatt
Daniel Bryan
Dolph Ziggler
Sheamus
The Shield
The Usos
Wade Barrett
Favorite WWE Diva : Naomi
Natalya
Favorite TNA Wrestler : Austin Aries
Bobby Roode
Bully Ray
Eric Young
James Storm
Registration date : 2008-07-31

Thoughts on Current Direction for WWE? Empty
PostSubject: Thoughts on Current Direction for WWE?   Thoughts on Current Direction for WWE? EmptyTue 13 Nov 2012, 4:35 am

With Linda McMahon's second (failed) political campaign behind us - with the recent release of WWE '13 which celebrates the Attitude Era - with what took place last Summer with CM Punk feeling disgruntled and the bit more edgy stuff which we've seen since (more mature scandalous story lines. Where do you see WWE programming headed over the next one or two years?

Two things stuck out from Raw last night because I haven't heard anything as suggestive since probably '06.

- The first one is Dolph Ziggler asking was it more disappointing to have (I think he said) wasted so much time lying, or the nights in the hotel withe Cena.

- The other happened right before the Brad Maddox/Ryback match. Somehow dogs/puppies were brought up and just like King of old, he made a suggestive reference.
Back to top Go down
X
Ultimate Opportunist
X

Male
Number of posts : 8594
Favorite WWE Wrestler : ---
Justin Gabriel
Kofi Kingston
Chris Jericho
Tyson Kidd
Favorite WWE Diva : ---
AJ
Kaitlyn
Natalya

Favorite TNA Wrestler : ---
Rob Van Dam

Favorite TNA Knockout : ---
Tara
Christy Hemme
Gail
Registration date : 2008-08-24

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Current Direction for WWE?   Thoughts on Current Direction for WWE? EmptyTue 13 Nov 2012, 7:52 am

I think your giving WWE too much credit. Like Chris Jericho, Linda will have a third coming.
Back to top Go down
Paul Wyatt
Paul Wyatt

Male
Number of posts : 18569
Job/hobbies : Self-Improving
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Antonio Cesaro
Bray Wyatt
Daniel Bryan
Dolph Ziggler
Sheamus
The Shield
The Usos
Wade Barrett
Favorite WWE Diva : Naomi
Natalya
Favorite TNA Wrestler : Austin Aries
Bobby Roode
Bully Ray
Eric Young
James Storm
Registration date : 2008-07-31

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Current Direction for WWE?   Thoughts on Current Direction for WWE? EmptyTue 13 Nov 2012, 2:30 pm

I am not giving credit or critiquing - merely making an observation and wondering what we're going to see moving forward.
Back to top Go down
WhatAboutBigBob
Main Eventer
WhatAboutBigBob

Male
Number of posts : 600
Favorite WWE Wrestler :
All-Time
#1 Kane
#2 The Hardyz
#3 The Rock
#4 Degeneration X
#5 Brock Lesnar
Registration date : 2012-05-06

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Current Direction for WWE?   Thoughts on Current Direction for WWE? EmptyTue 13 Nov 2012, 5:32 pm

I feel like since Vince came back, it's changed a little bit but it's just for the ratings. Loved the mention of puppies last night.

I will always hope we get rid of the PG stuff completely, but as long as we have "Saturday Morning Slam" and stuff targeted directly for kids, I don't we'll really go into that full PG-14 direction.

It would be nice if they used those shows for their PG stuff and brought back the more edgy stuff for Raw.

They seem to only bring the "edgy" stuff back whenever they feel they need to bring the old audience back in to get the ratings back up. What they don't understand is doing one show with edgy stuff isn't going to keep those people in. They need to keep it up.
Back to top Go down
#WeWantTaryn
Divas Lover.
#WeWantTaryn

Male
Number of posts : 7477
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Roman Reigns
Daniel Bryan
Jimmy & Jey Uso
Seth Rollins
Dolph Ziggler
Antonio Cesaro

Favorite WWE Diva : AJ Lee
Alicia Fox

Favorite TNA Wrestler : EC3
Austin Aries
MVP
Roode
Bobby Lashley
Kenny King
Favorite TNA Knockout : Taryn Terrell
Brittany
Angelina Love
Registration date : 2008-06-28

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Current Direction for WWE?   Thoughts on Current Direction for WWE? EmptyTue 13 Nov 2012, 6:50 pm

There's So Many Things Wrong With WWE To Me.

1.Storylines-There So Confusing because you really don't know what the heck is going on.They Jump from one to another and they don't make any sense.For an Example When AJ got Fired from Being GM because of an Affair when there was no hints or clues that she even had one before getting fired Vickie should had revealed it before AJ did it would of Atleast made sense because Vickie was tryna get her fired anyways.And The Blonde Attacker thing we still don't know who really did it and its been dragging to long either reveal it or not and the way Kaitlyn been acting it seems like she Dosent even care you would think Layla was the one that got attacked because she Atleast shows more emotion than Kaitlyn Does.

2.Matches being too short-You Would Think That with a 3 Hour Raw All the matches would Atleast be 5 minutes but nothing has change when they were 2 hours.I would rather go to a Live event show then an actual Raw Show because Atleast I know the Matches won't be Short.

3.The Brands Coming Together-I Was Never A Fan Of this Idea because now you see the same people on both shows and ALOT of people just disappear.I Want them to go back to the old way were they Had 2 Rosters and Seprate PPVs that way you know your gonna get some Storylines and see Everyone on the Roster.Theres so many people who just completey disappeard ever since the Brands coming together you would of thought they got Released or something then they just Randomly Show Up and your like Oh They Still work there??

Back to top Go down
Dead
The Sports Guy
Dead

Male
Number of posts : 31046
Registration date : 2008-08-19

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Current Direction for WWE?   Thoughts on Current Direction for WWE? EmptyTue 13 Nov 2012, 7:16 pm

WhatAboutBigBob wrote:
I feel like since Vince came back, it's changed a little bit but it's just for the ratings. Loved the mention of puppies last night.

I will always hope we get rid of the PG stuff completely, but as long as we have "Saturday Morning Slam" and stuff targeted directly for kids, I don't we'll really go into that full PG-14 direction.

It would be nice if they used those shows for their PG stuff and brought back the more edgy stuff for Raw.

They seem to only bring the "edgy" stuff back whenever they feel they need to bring the old audience back in to get the ratings back up. What they don't understand is doing one show with edgy stuff isn't going to keep those people in. They need to keep it up.

PG wont go away as long as they have certain sponsorships. Also, its not...i repeat..NOT a reason of why WWE is going in the direction that they are....its because of the WRITERS
Back to top Go down
WhatAboutBigBob
Main Eventer
WhatAboutBigBob

Male
Favorite WWE Wrestler :
All-Time
#1 Kane
#2 The Hardyz
#3 The Rock
#4 Degeneration X
#5 Brock Lesnar

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Current Direction for WWE?   Thoughts on Current Direction for WWE? EmptyTue 13 Nov 2012, 9:10 pm

That's why I said as long as we have shows like Saturday Morning Slam, we won't ever fully go back to PG-14. We'll get pieces here and there, but never enough to risk losing the PG rating.
Back to top Go down
Dead
The Sports Guy
Dead

Male
Number of posts : 31046
Registration date : 2008-08-19

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Current Direction for WWE?   Thoughts on Current Direction for WWE? EmptyTue 13 Nov 2012, 10:57 pm

.....again....it has nothing to do with the rating. if everyone remembers correctly, WWE had a PG rating LONG before the Attitude Era and their main demographic has always been kids. i wish people would stop placing the blame on the rating alone. if the rating was M, the product would still be as shitty.
Back to top Go down
#WeWantTaryn
Divas Lover.
#WeWantTaryn

Male
Number of posts : 7477
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Roman Reigns
Daniel Bryan
Jimmy & Jey Uso
Seth Rollins
Dolph Ziggler
Antonio Cesaro

Favorite WWE Diva : AJ Lee
Alicia Fox

Favorite TNA Wrestler : EC3
Austin Aries
MVP
Roode
Bobby Lashley
Kenny King
Favorite TNA Knockout : Taryn Terrell
Brittany
Angelina Love
Registration date : 2008-06-28

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Current Direction for WWE?   Thoughts on Current Direction for WWE? EmptyTue 13 Nov 2012, 11:09 pm

I do agree that if the Storylines were better I would pay more attention to it the last storyline that I actually paid attention too was CM Punk vs John Cena leading up to MITB.
Back to top Go down
WhatAboutBigBob
Main Eventer
WhatAboutBigBob

Male
Favorite WWE Wrestler :
All-Time
#1 Kane
#2 The Hardyz
#3 The Rock
#4 Degeneration X
#5 Brock Lesnar

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Current Direction for WWE?   Thoughts on Current Direction for WWE? EmptyWed 14 Nov 2012, 12:40 am

It has SOMETHING to do with the rating. It's not ALL rating, but it does have SOMETHING to do with it. I wish people would stop saying it has nothing to do with the rating.

The PG rating limits them, and you can't say that it doesn't.

It's the rating.

It's the announcing.

It's the writers.

It's all of it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Current Direction for WWE?   Thoughts on Current Direction for WWE? Empty

Back to top Go down

Thoughts on Current Direction for WWE?
Page 1 of 1