Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Kanye West's Grammys Rant: Singer Cites Snubs And Vows Not To Attend 2013 Event

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
King Silva
King of Kings
King Silva

Male
Number of posts : 32652
Favorite WWE Wrestler : ---
Current and Former:
The Rock, JoMo, Ziggler, Edge, Orton, Y2J, Hardyz, + Rhodes!
Favorite WWE Diva : -------
ALL TIME
# 1} Lita
# 2} Trish Stratus
# 3} Mickie James
# 4} Gail Kim
# 5} Michelle McCool

Favorite TNA Wrestler : ----

Favorite TNA Knockout : ---
Registration date : 2009-09-30

Kanye West's Grammys Rant: Singer Cites Snubs And Vows Not To Attend 2013 Event Empty
PostSubject: Kanye West's Grammys Rant: Singer Cites Snubs And Vows Not To Attend 2013 Event   Kanye West's Grammys Rant: Singer Cites Snubs And Vows Not To Attend 2013 Event EmptyThu 03 Jan 2013, 1:58 pm

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/12/30/kanye-west-grammys-rant-atlantic-city_n_2385785.html

^ Link has the video if you want to listen to it. ^

Kanye West assured fans at his Saturday night concert that he wasn't "crazy" or "deranged" in an on-stage rant that ended up as an indictment of the media and the Grammy Awards.

The rapper -- who donned a white hood and a crystal mask at various points of the show in Atlantic City, N.J. -- slammed the press for publishing "bullshit" that suggested he had lost his mind. He also pledged to keep creating art, telling fans, "I'm not crazy. I'm just not satisfied."

He then turned his critical gaze to the Grammy awards:

"How many Grammys do we have? … Eighteen Grammys. All in the black categories, though. But nonetheless, 18. I love Maroon 5, but when I lost Best New Artist to Maroon 5 … you know what I mean? Or when 'Watch the Throne' and 'Dark Fantasy,' neither of them got nominated for Album of the Year, you know what I mean? Or when 'N----s in Paris' didn't get nominated for Record of the Year, you know what I mean? So don't expect to see me at the Grammys this year, you know what I mean?!"

The omission of "My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy" in the list of 2012 Album of the Year nominees was widely seen as a snub. In another on-stage speech at the time, West said he shouldn't have released the album in such close proximity to "Watch the Throne," his duet album with Jay-Z. West took home four Grammys last year.

Many in the hip-hop and rap communities have long criticized the Recording Academy's track record with the genre. Jay-Z, Steve Stoute, Jimmy Jam and 50 Cent have all spoken at length about the Academy's seeming inability (or lack of desire) to award rap in the big, overall categories. (The Grammys have umbrella categories such as Album, Song and Record of the Year, followed by categories for each genre, like Best Rap Album.)

An in-depth look at the Grammys' rap problem is available here.

West is up for six awards at the 2013 Grammys -- tying Mumford & Sons, fun., Frank Ocean, Jay-Z and the Black Keys' Dan Auerbach for the year's most nominations.
Back to top Go down
#WeWantTaryn
Divas Lover.
#WeWantTaryn

Male
Number of posts : 7477
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Roman Reigns
Daniel Bryan
Jimmy & Jey Uso
Seth Rollins
Dolph Ziggler
Antonio Cesaro

Favorite WWE Diva : AJ Lee
Alicia Fox

Favorite TNA Wrestler : EC3
Austin Aries
MVP
Roode
Bobby Lashley
Kenny King
Favorite TNA Knockout : Taryn Terrell
Brittany
Angelina Love
Registration date : 2008-06-28

Kanye West's Grammys Rant: Singer Cites Snubs And Vows Not To Attend 2013 Event Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kanye West's Grammys Rant: Singer Cites Snubs And Vows Not To Attend 2013 Event   Kanye West's Grammys Rant: Singer Cites Snubs And Vows Not To Attend 2013 Event EmptyThu 03 Jan 2013, 2:26 pm

You know what he may actully may be telling the truth When's the last time a Rap Album has been nominated for Album or Song Of the Year?.Im A BIG rap fan ad there were some great Albums that Came Out last year.One thing I hate about the Grammys is how every year Theres always that ONE person who wins an award and I never ever heard of them in my life I remember one year when Drake and Justin Bieber were nominated for best New artist and I was pulling for Drake but some guy who I never heard of ended up winning that category and I also remember another year when this country group took home Alot of awards and I didn't even know who they were until the Grammys it was unbeliveable!!!
Back to top Go down

Kanye West's Grammys Rant: Singer Cites Snubs And Vows Not To Attend 2013 Event
Page 1 of 1