Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Can Fiona Apple Beat Gotye For The Alternative Album Grammy?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
King Silva
King of Kings
King Silva

Male
Number of posts : 32652
Favorite WWE Wrestler : ---
Current and Former:
The Rock, JoMo, Ziggler, Edge, Orton, Y2J, Hardyz, + Rhodes!
Favorite WWE Diva : -------
ALL TIME
# 1} Lita
# 2} Trish Stratus
# 3} Mickie James
# 4} Gail Kim
# 5} Michelle McCool

Favorite TNA Wrestler : ----

Favorite TNA Knockout : ---
Registration date : 2009-09-30

Can Fiona Apple Beat Gotye For The Alternative Album Grammy? Empty
PostSubject: Can Fiona Apple Beat Gotye For The Alternative Album Grammy?   Can Fiona Apple Beat Gotye For The Alternative Album Grammy? EmptySun 06 Jan 2013, 6:01 pm

Can Fiona Apple Beat Gotye For The Alternative Album Grammy? Gotye-fiona-apple

http://www.goldderby.com/news/3807/grammys-fiona-apple-gotye-entertainment-news-99218311.html

According to our Grammy predictions, Gotye is the frontrunner to win Best Alternative Album for his breakthrough disc, "Making Mirrors," getting field-leading 27 to 20 odds. It's the only category he's expected to win; his hit "Somebody That I Used to Know" is predicted to lose both Record of the Year and Best Pop Duo/Group to Fun.'s "We Are Young."

But not so fast. Two of our six editors and more than 40 users think Fiona Apple actually has the edge for her critically acclaimed fourth studio album, "The Idler Wheel..." Apple would seem to be at a disadvantage; Alternative Album is her only bid, and history usually favors artists with general-field nominations. For instance, Best New Artist-winner Bon Iver won this category last year, beating Grammy darlings Radiohead.

But Gotye may be vulnerable. Despite his Record nomination for "Somebody," he was notably absent from the New Artist lineup, losing out to breakout stars Fun, Frank Ocean, and Hunter Hayes, along with lesser known Alabama Shakes and The Lumineers.

After such a breakthrough year, a New Artist bid should have been all but guaranteed for Gotye, so his snub may be telling. Given the massive success of his single – "Somebody" went six-times platinum – perhaps voters fear he's a one-hit wonder.

Fiona Apple, on the other hand, is no one-hit wonder. Though she has yet to repeat the sales success of her 1996 debut, "Tidal," for which she won her only Grammy (Female Rock Vocal for "Criminal"), she has consistently been a critics' darling and has earned at least one nomination for every album she's produced. It has been 15 years since her last win, so she can be considered due another turn in the winner's circle.

A poll in our message board disagrees with our prediction center odds, with 54% of respondents predicting Apple; Gotye is a distant second with 24%.
Back to top Go down
Mia
Shield Believer
Shield Believer
Mia

Female
Number of posts : 13322
Job/hobbies : zombies
Favorite WWE Wrestler :
Seth Rollins
Roman Reigns
Dean Ambrose
Sami Zayn
Adrian Neville
Antonio Cesaro
Dolph Ziggler
Corey Graves
Sheamus
Christian
Edge
CM Punk

Favorite WWE Diva :
Paige
Emma
Michelle
Eve
Maryse
ivory
trish
lita

Favorite TNA Wrestler : Roode
Aries
Bully Ray
Storm
The Wolves

Favorite TNA Knockout : Brooke
Christy
Taryn

Registration date : 2008-07-03

PostSubject: Re: Can Fiona Apple Beat Gotye For The Alternative Album Grammy?   Can Fiona Apple Beat Gotye For The Alternative Album Grammy? EmptyMon 07 Jan 2013, 1:25 am

interesting, I still think he'll win it.
Back to top Go down
King Silva
King of Kings
King Silva

Male
Number of posts : 32652
Favorite WWE Wrestler : ---
Current and Former:
The Rock, JoMo, Ziggler, Edge, Orton, Y2J, Hardyz, + Rhodes!
Favorite WWE Diva : -------
ALL TIME
# 1} Lita
# 2} Trish Stratus
# 3} Mickie James
# 4} Gail Kim
# 5} Michelle McCool

Favorite TNA Wrestler : ----

Favorite TNA Knockout : ---
Registration date : 2009-09-30

PostSubject: Re: Can Fiona Apple Beat Gotye For The Alternative Album Grammy?   Can Fiona Apple Beat Gotye For The Alternative Album Grammy? EmptyMon 07 Jan 2013, 8:43 am

Yeah I am really hoping he can win this category although I'd LOVE if he won Record of the Year since Somebody That I Used To Know is one of my favorite songs of all time [so is We Are Young but I like Somebody more]..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Can Fiona Apple Beat Gotye For The Alternative Album Grammy?   Can Fiona Apple Beat Gotye For The Alternative Album Grammy? Empty

Back to top Go down

Can Fiona Apple Beat Gotye For The Alternative Album Grammy?
Page 1 of 1