Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Alicia Fox Talks Becoming a Diva, Confidence, Dream Celeb Opponent, Her Weave, Make Up Etc

Go down 
AuthorMessage
King Silva
King of Kings
King Silva

Male
Number of posts : 32652
Favorite WWE Wrestler : ---
Current and Former:
The Rock, JoMo, Ziggler, Edge, Orton, Y2J, Hardyz, + Rhodes!
Favorite WWE Diva : -------
ALL TIME
# 1} Lita
# 2} Trish Stratus
# 3} Mickie James
# 4} Gail Kim
# 5} Michelle McCool

Favorite TNA Wrestler : ----

Favorite TNA Knockout : ---
Registration date : 2009-09-30

Alicia Fox Talks Becoming a Diva, Confidence, Dream Celeb Opponent, Her Weave, Make Up Etc Empty
PostSubject: Alicia Fox Talks Becoming a Diva, Confidence, Dream Celeb Opponent, Her Weave, Make Up Etc   Alicia Fox Talks Becoming a Diva, Confidence, Dream Celeb Opponent, Her Weave, Make Up Etc EmptyWed 16 Jan 2013, 8:29 pm

Alicia is featured in Sophisticate’s Black Hair – February 2013 Issue. Check out the interview and scans.

Alicia Fox Talks Becoming a Diva, Confidence, Dream Celeb Opponent, Her Weave, Make Up Etc Normal_scan0001 Alicia Fox Talks Becoming a Diva, Confidence, Dream Celeb Opponent, Her Weave, Make Up Etc Normal_scan0002

http://ultra-fox.com/2012/12/28/sophisticates-black-hair-february-2013-issue-interview/

How did you become a WWE Diva?
I played sports in high school – I did a little bit of dance and cheerleading – so it was the perfect combination of everything that interested me growing up. I was craving adventure, I was young fearless and ready to go I had no idea what it was all about but I wasnt afraid at all.

When did you realize wrestling was what you wanted to do?
At first the training was extremely difficult. It’s not just being athletic, its the entertainment factor. You have to know how to be an actress and you need to have confidence. I had to really figure out how to round myself as a [WWE Diva] character. I was nervous until I had my first match, then I was like, “that was actually quite fun.”

How does it feel to be an African-American woman on the WWE roster?

Its such an honor because I feel like I have a whole community behind me. There’s been Black Divas before, but with this new [family-friendly], PG-rating, it’s a new mainstream way of viewing wrestling and it’s definitely opened up a whole new market with younger girls. Their minds are looking for knowledge and it’s good to have role models when you’re growing up. I hope I can fill those shoes.

When you’re in Diva-mode how are you wearing your hair?
I have a full sew-in weave. Its heavy-duty, secure, stuck on my head. It’s technically waterproof and definitely Diva-proof! My stylist and I have come up with alot of creative ways of doing my hair because of the way we wear and how it gets pulled when I’m in the ring. She sews a net on top of my braids and that really helps keep everything in place. I use Sea Breeze once a week instead of a dryer.

What brand and color is your weave?

I order mine through Extensions Plus. Their custom blends are all really natural and can probably last about a year. For color, when I’m at home and it needs a little touch-up I’ll use a box dye by John Frida. The color is called Warm Mahogany, I used to order a 33 [color] from Extensions PLus, which is a brighter red; but lately I’ve been going a little darker. I’ve tried every color, but my favorite is what I’m wearing right now.

Do you ever wear it Natural?
I plan my “hair days” weekly. The first day I’ll have the stylist take out the weave, I’ll wash my Natural hair and blow or air dry it and I’ll literally wear it like that for three days, I’ll have three days to just allow the hair to breathe and relax, but also to free the scalp because it goes through a lot of abuse in the taking-out process, braiding and then sewing on top.

How do you like to wear your Natural hair?

My favorite Natural hairstyle is putting it up in an Afro-Mohawk- because with it being natural, it kind of moves and molds where I want. I dont even look like myself so it’s fun to see.

What are some of your hair care techniques?
At night, I twist it up in two little buns and then either put a silk scarf over my whole head or just around my bang area, because it’s a quick, easy fix in the morning. I just have to flat iron my bangs and I’m ready to go.

When I’m in-between getting my hair re-done, my hair stylist and I came up with this “secret technique” where she braids four plaits just around the front of the hair where it grows back a little bit, and she sews tracts in and it forms its own extra bang piece. With your hair, you can cut the ends if they look dry, but the front is usually where you can tell it’s time to get your hair done. So if we just create an extra row of braids around the whole front of the head and add a few tracks it’s almost a whole new bang.

How do you wear your makeup on WWE?
Sometimes I like to be a little bit more natural and wear more matte nudes like browns and purples. Then sometimes I like to be a little dramatic with it, I’ll either pick crazy lips or crazy eyes.

What are your favorite skin and makeup products?
I found that Origins Mega Bright works for lightening and evening out your pigment. I use the MAC primers before my makeup. The one thing I found works really well with taking heavy eye make-up off is the Philosophy Purify Made Simple.

If you could get in the ring with one celebrity who would it be?

I would say Vivica A. Fox – just to see who’s the foxiest! I think it would be really interesting to see her on the other side of the ring.

How do you make wrestling sexy and feminine?
Confidence – just strutting my confidence and totally bringing it, like “whose going to stop me ?
Back to top Go down

Alicia Fox Talks Becoming a Diva, Confidence, Dream Celeb Opponent, Her Weave, Make Up Etc
Page 1 of 1