Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Rumored Former Big Name Returning To WWE At The 2013 Royal Rumble?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
King Silva
King of Kings
King Silva

Male
Number of posts : 32652
Favorite WWE Wrestler : ---
Current and Former:
The Rock, JoMo, Ziggler, Edge, Orton, Y2J, Hardyz, + Rhodes!
Favorite WWE Diva : -------
ALL TIME
# 1} Lita
# 2} Trish Stratus
# 3} Mickie James
# 4} Gail Kim
# 5} Michelle McCool

Favorite TNA Wrestler : ----

Favorite TNA Knockout : ---
Registration date : 2009-09-30

Rumored Former Big Name Returning To WWE At The 2013 Royal Rumble? Empty
PostSubject: Rumored Former Big Name Returning To WWE At The 2013 Royal Rumble?   Rumored Former Big Name Returning To WWE At The 2013 Royal Rumble? EmptyThu 24 Jan 2013, 4:03 am

Rumored Former Big Name Returning To WWE At The 2013 Royal Rumble? Royalrumble2012_display_image_crop_exact

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1498314-major-name-believed-to-be-returning-to-wwe-at-the-royal-rumble

Hey, what would the annual Royal Rumble event be without a surprise or two? Part of the 30-man battle royale's long-lasting appeal is seeing just which name will shockingly pop up next.

Interestingly, in this week's (subscribers-only) Wrestling Observer Newsletter, Dave Melzter notes that John Morrison is widely believed to be returning to the company this Sunday as a shock entrant to the Rumble:

This isn’t confirmed, nor, obviously, will it be until he’s seen in Phoenix, but the word within wrestling is that Morrison will be in the Rumble as a surprise, and that’s why Morrison is only working the first night of the three Dragon Gate shows in California.

Morrison, who joined the company after winning the third Tough Enough contest, amicably parted ways with WWE in 2011 after his contract expired and he chose not to re-sign. He would later explain in a radio interview with 95X (via WrestlingInc) that he decided he needed some time off from the hectic WWE road schedule.

Morrison also wanted to be able to pursue outside ambitions like acting, an area which he has found some success in. IMDB notes he has a role in upcoming Danny Trejo B-movie Redemption: The Darkness Descending.

Morrison also became the envy of many men in early 2012 when he filmed a commercial in which he wrestled Hollywood star Jessica Alba.

As noted, the 33-year-old has been picking up the odd indie date here and there with Dragon Gate and WWFX.

Assuming he does enter the Rumble, it will be interesting to see if Morrison sticks around after that.

Of course, WWE needs all the star power it can get right now, but does Morrison, who struggled greatly to break through the glass ceiling during his first stint, really want to be back full-time?

Certainly, all the political hassle that comes with it may not be worth it to him.
Back to top Go down
X
Ultimate Opportunist
X

Male
Number of posts : 8594
Justin Gabriel
Kofi Kingston
Chris Jericho
Tyson Kidd
Favorite WWE Diva : ---
AJ
Kaitlyn
Natalya

Favorite TNA Wrestler : ---
Rob Van Dam

Tara
Christy Hemme
Gail
Registration date : 2008-08-24

PostSubject: Re: Rumored Former Big Name Returning To WWE At The 2013 Royal Rumble?   Rumored Former Big Name Returning To WWE At The 2013 Royal Rumble? EmptyThu 24 Jan 2013, 6:44 am

This would be awesome! I bet he would get a good pop. I hope he would stick around too, I feel like the break can do him well since he seemed to be getting jobbed out.
Back to top Go down
King Silva
King of Kings
King Silva

Male
Current and Former:
ALL TIME
# 1} Lita
# 2} Trish Stratus
# 3} Mickie James
# 4} Gail Kim
# 5} Michelle McCool

PostSubject: Re: Rumored Former Big Name Returning To WWE At The 2013 Royal Rumble?   Rumored Former Big Name Returning To WWE At The 2013 Royal Rumble? EmptyThu 24 Jan 2013, 11:42 am

I agree he is one of my favorites so I'd certainly love to see him back in the WWE.
Back to top Go down
Angelus
WD Stalker
Angelus

Number of posts : 11345
Registration date : 2008-08-24

PostSubject: Re: Rumored Former Big Name Returning To WWE At The 2013 Royal Rumble?   Rumored Former Big Name Returning To WWE At The 2013 Royal Rumble? EmptyFri 25 Jan 2013, 1:18 am

I think normally guys who return at the rumble don't have much success unless they win it. I mean it seems like the writers have nothing for them alot of the times after the rumble I could see Morrison getting thrown into a money in the bank match at random just for spots if it happens at wrestlemania.
Back to top Go down
King Silva
King of Kings
King Silva

Male
Current and Former:
ALL TIME
# 1} Lita
# 2} Trish Stratus
# 3} Mickie James
# 4} Gail Kim
# 5} Michelle McCool

PostSubject: Re: Rumored Former Big Name Returning To WWE At The 2013 Royal Rumble?   Rumored Former Big Name Returning To WWE At The 2013 Royal Rumble? EmptyFri 25 Jan 2013, 1:34 am

^ Yeah I could easily see that happening.

Other potential things could be a IC or US Title shot considering Wade and Antonio are heel mid card champs atm.

It would be kinda cool to see Miz and Morrison both have mid card title matches at WM 29 [Miz/Antonio for US Title and Morrison/Wade for IC Title].

Another idea could be for Miz and Morrison to reunite and they could face Rhodes and Sandow who would and should likely be WWE Tag Team Champions by WM 29. I think they could have great matches so I wouldn't mind that although I'd prefer if Morrison would focus on a singles career.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rumored Former Big Name Returning To WWE At The 2013 Royal Rumble?   Rumored Former Big Name Returning To WWE At The 2013 Royal Rumble? Empty

Back to top Go down

Rumored Former Big Name Returning To WWE At The 2013 Royal Rumble?
Page 1 of 1