Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Xbox 720 to require Internet connection?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Dead
The Sports Guy
Dead

Male
Number of posts : 31046
Registration date : 2008-08-19

Xbox 720 to require Internet connection? Empty
PostSubject: Xbox 720 to require Internet connection?   Xbox 720 to require Internet connection? EmptyThu 07 Feb 2013, 5:11 am

Additional alleged Xbox 720 details have come to light today. Sources speaking to Edge said that the platform will require an Internet connection to function and that a new version of Xbox Live will be an "integral" component of Microsoft's new platform. Though Microsoft is reportedly "absolutely committed" to online functionality for its new machine, games will still be offered in physical form, the sources said.

In addition, the sources said games for the new system will ship with activation codes and "have no value beyond the initial user." This falls in line with a report from last year, which said the Xbox 720 could block used games in some way. Analysts do not believe this is likely.

These games will reportedly be manufactured on 50GB Blu-ray discs, an upgrade from the DVD drive the Xbox 360 currently sports. Sony's PlayStation 3 supports Blu-ray, and it has since it was first launched in 2006. Blu-ray disc capacity is significantly greater than that of DVD.

In addition, the sources said Microsoft will ship a new version of Kinect alongside the Xbox 720. No further information was made available, though a previous report said "Kinect V2" could support four-player full-body tracking and allow gamers to sit down while playing. In addition, this technology is believed to adapt to players' living rooms, meaning they will not need to move furniture for an optimal experience.

Lastly, Edge's sources said the previously rumored Xbox 720's specifications will include an AMD eight-core x64 1.6GHz CPU, a D3D11.x 800 MHz graphics solution, and 8GB of DDR3 RAM. At present, the platform's hard drive capacity is still reportedly up in the air.

An Xbox 360 successor is, of course, still unannounced. A Microsoft representative told GameSpot, “We do not comment on rumors or speculation. We are always thinking about what is next for our platform, but we don’t have anything further to share at this time.”

It may not be long before that changes, as the platform holder is rumored to announce the Xbox 720 during an Apple-style media presentation in late March, perhaps in conjunction with the 2013 Game Developers Conference.

Sony is holding a "PlayStation Meeting" February 20 in New York City where the company is rumored to announce the PlayStation 4. GameSpot will be in attendance.
Back to top Go down
King Silva
King of Kings
King Silva

Male
Number of posts : 32652
Favorite WWE Wrestler : ---
Current and Former:
The Rock, JoMo, Ziggler, Edge, Orton, Y2J, Hardyz, + Rhodes!
Favorite WWE Diva : -------
ALL TIME
# 1} Lita
# 2} Trish Stratus
# 3} Mickie James
# 4} Gail Kim
# 5} Michelle McCool

Favorite TNA Wrestler : ----

Favorite TNA Knockout : ---
Registration date : 2009-09-30

PostSubject: Re: Xbox 720 to require Internet connection?   Xbox 720 to require Internet connection? EmptyThu 07 Feb 2013, 5:32 am

Sounds interesting although I don't care much for Xbox Live.

While I have internet nearly all the time it would suck if for some reason my internet was down somehow and therefore I couldn't play the new Xbox. So hopefully it isn't a requirement. :-/
Back to top Go down
X
Ultimate Opportunist
X

Male
Number of posts : 8594
Justin Gabriel
Kofi Kingston
Chris Jericho
Tyson Kidd
Favorite WWE Diva : ---
AJ
Kaitlyn
Natalya

Favorite TNA Wrestler : ---
Rob Van Dam

Tara
Christy Hemme
Gail
Registration date : 2008-08-24

PostSubject: Re: Xbox 720 to require Internet connection?   Xbox 720 to require Internet connection? EmptyThu 07 Feb 2013, 6:03 am

Well you don't care for the xbbox so you won't have to worry...
Back to top Go down
Dead
The Sports Guy
Dead

Male
Number of posts : 31046
Registration date : 2008-08-19

PostSubject: Re: Xbox 720 to require Internet connection?   Xbox 720 to require Internet connection? EmptyThu 07 Feb 2013, 1:38 pm

He cared enough to tell us though....

Anyway, a lot of PC games require constant internet access nowadays anyway, and you NEED Xbox Live to connect to the internet due to the fact that all of your saves tie to your gamertag and what not.
Back to top Go down
King Silva
King of Kings
King Silva

Male
Number of posts : 32652
Current and Former:
The Rock, JoMo, Ziggler, Edge, Orton, Y2J, Hardyz, + Rhodes!
Favorite WWE Diva : -------
ALL TIME
# 1} Lita
# 2} Trish Stratus
# 3} Mickie James
# 4} Gail Kim
# 5} Michelle McCool

Favorite TNA Wrestler : ----

Registration date : 2009-09-30

PostSubject: Re: Xbox 720 to require Internet connection?   Xbox 720 to require Internet connection? EmptyThu 07 Feb 2013, 8:40 pm

I said I don't really care for X-Box Live not X-Box 360 or the new system which I'm sure I'll get later on.

The reason I feel that way is because I don't really play many games on Xbox 360 [my main console] that use it and even when I have games that have it I can't justify spending extra money on it when I probably would use it a couple times a year.

Idk why people have an attitude though....? Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Xbox 720 to require Internet connection?   Xbox 720 to require Internet connection? Empty

Back to top Go down

Xbox 720 to require Internet connection?
Page 1 of 1