Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Microsoft Reverses Xbox One Policy on Used Games, Internet Connection

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Dead
The Sports Guy
Dead

Male
Number of posts : 31046
Registration date : 2008-08-19

Microsoft Reverses Xbox One Policy on Used Games, Internet Connection  Empty
PostSubject: Microsoft Reverses Xbox One Policy on Used Games, Internet Connection    Microsoft Reverses Xbox One Policy on Used Games, Internet Connection  EmptyWed 19 Jun 2013, 6:55 pm

If you've been following the first shots of the next-generation console war, you're aware that Sony is widely perceived to have "won" the E3 press conference race by announcing that the Playstation 4 will allow users to trade, rent and lend games and well as no internet connection being required for offline play vs. Microsoft's complicated used game requirements and the console needing to connect to the internet once every twenty-four hours (or once per hour if playing your game on someone else's console). Microsoft has taken a beating in the press and among gamers for the policies, which were viewed as cowtowing to video game developers over gamers.

Now, that appears to be changing. Xbox has announced that they are doing away with the previously announced used game policy as well as the need to be connected to the internet for offline games. A post by Microsoft Interactive Entertainment Business president Don Mattrick revealed the change in policy, noting that "Since unveiling our plans for Xbox One, my team and I have heard directly from many of you, read your comments and listened to your feedback."

The company's changes to their polices reads as follows:
"An internet connection will not be required to play offline Xbox One games – After a one-time system set-up with a new Xbox One, you can play any disc based game without ever connecting online again. There is no 24 hour connection requirement and you can take your Xbox One anywhere you want and play your games, just like on Xbox 360.

Trade-in, lend, resell, gift, and rent disc based games just like you do today – There will be no limitations to using and sharing games, it will work just as it does today on Xbox 360.

In addition to buying a disc from a retailer, you can also download games from Xbox Live on day of release. If you choose to download your games, you will be able to play them offline just like you do today. Xbox One games will be playable on any Xbox One console -- there will be no regional restrictions.

These changes will impact some of the scenarios we previously announced for Xbox One. The sharing of games will work as it does today, you will simply share the disc. Downloaded titles cannot be shared or resold. Also, similar to today, playing disc based games will require that the disc be in the tray."

The Xbox One launches in the fourth quarter of this year.
Read more at http://www.411mania.com/games/news/288068#tZwqwoXUd8ayGSVk.99
Back to top Go down
#WeWantTaryn
Divas Lover.
#WeWantTaryn

Male
Number of posts : 7477
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Roman Reigns
Daniel Bryan
Jimmy & Jey Uso
Seth Rollins
Dolph Ziggler
Antonio Cesaro

Favorite WWE Diva : AJ Lee
Alicia Fox

Favorite TNA Wrestler : EC3
Austin Aries
MVP
Roode
Bobby Lashley
Kenny King
Favorite TNA Knockout : Taryn Terrell
Brittany
Angelina Love
Registration date : 2008-06-28

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft Reverses Xbox One Policy on Used Games, Internet Connection    Microsoft Reverses Xbox One Policy on Used Games, Internet Connection  EmptyWed 19 Jun 2013, 7:27 pm

Glad they changed it but I'm still not getting the new Xbox it was a dumb idea from the start.
Back to top Go down
King Silva
King of Kings
King Silva

Male
Number of posts : 32652
Favorite WWE Wrestler : ---
Current and Former:
The Rock, JoMo, Ziggler, Edge, Orton, Y2J, Hardyz, + Rhodes!
Favorite WWE Diva : -------
ALL TIME
# 1} Lita
# 2} Trish Stratus
# 3} Mickie James
# 4} Gail Kim
# 5} Michelle McCool

Favorite TNA Wrestler : ----

Favorite TNA Knockout : ---
Registration date : 2009-09-30

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft Reverses Xbox One Policy on Used Games, Internet Connection    Microsoft Reverses Xbox One Policy on Used Games, Internet Connection  EmptyThu 20 Jun 2013, 1:28 am

LOL at them backtracking since they got their asses BEAT by people online!

I was still planning on getting it but this just makes it better in case I ever plan on selling my games and or lose my internet connection [alien ]..
Back to top Go down
Angelus
WD Stalker
Angelus

Number of posts : 11345
Registration date : 2008-08-24

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft Reverses Xbox One Policy on Used Games, Internet Connection    Microsoft Reverses Xbox One Policy on Used Games, Internet Connection  EmptyThu 20 Jun 2013, 11:35 am

I think this system will end up flopping even though it does this change I think the people will go to Playstation because X Box tried to do this.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft Reverses Xbox One Policy on Used Games, Internet Connection    Microsoft Reverses Xbox One Policy on Used Games, Internet Connection  Empty

Back to top Go down

Microsoft Reverses Xbox One Policy on Used Games, Internet Connection
Page 1 of 1