Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Sports Illustrated Interviews WWE Stars On IOC Dropping Wrestling

Go down 
AuthorMessage
King Silva
King of Kings
King Silva

Male
Number of posts : 32652
Favorite WWE Wrestler : ---
Current and Former:
The Rock, JoMo, Ziggler, Edge, Orton, Y2J, Hardyz, + Rhodes!
Favorite WWE Diva : -------
ALL TIME
# 1} Lita
# 2} Trish Stratus
# 3} Mickie James
# 4} Gail Kim
# 5} Michelle McCool

Favorite TNA Wrestler : ----

Favorite TNA Knockout : ---
Registration date : 2009-09-30

Sports Illustrated Interviews WWE Stars On IOC Dropping Wrestling  Empty
PostSubject: Sports Illustrated Interviews WWE Stars On IOC Dropping Wrestling    Sports Illustrated Interviews WWE Stars On IOC Dropping Wrestling  EmptySat 16 Feb 2013, 1:04 am

http://pwtorch.com/artman2/publish/WWE_News_3/article_68644.shtml

Amateur wrestlers-turned WWE stars Cody Rhodes, Dolph Ziggler, and Jack Swagger commented to Sports Illustrated about the International Olympic Committee's decision to drop wrestling from the Olympics in 2020.

- Rhodes said he was shocked to even see the IOC consider dropping wrestling, much less go through a voting process that led to the recommendation that wrestling be removed.

"I'm very disappointed with the fact that they’re even considering it. This is freestyle and Greco-Roman wrestling. This has a rich tradition in the Olympics. I don’t even want to disparage some of the sports that they’re keeping, you just don’t do away with wrestling," Rhodes said.

- Dolph Ziggler said he was about to speak at a school when he got wind of the news.

“It’s hitting close to home more than usual. I know it’s not 100 percent yet but there are so many Olympic events, it’s unfortunate they’ve chosen a legitimate sport and one of the original sports ever. It’s mind-blowing that it’s even on the chopping block," Ziggler said.

"They were genuinely distraught," Ziggler said of the wrestlers he encountered at the school. "I told them it was such a tight-knit community, we’ll all come together and at least make our voice heard."

- Jack Swagger said wrestling helped him grow and become a man through the lessons taught through the sport.

"It teaches you so much about life and that’s what makes it the best sport. It teaches you discipline and dedication and how to work hard and how to sacrifice for your goals. Those are things you can apply to any area of your life, whether it’s your education or your career. Honestly, it turned me into a man," Swagger said.
Back to top Go down

Sports Illustrated Interviews WWE Stars On IOC Dropping Wrestling
Page 1 of 1