Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Now is the time to revive this division!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
matt_2k10
New Talent
New Talent
matt_2k10

Number of posts : 56
Registration date : 2010-08-22

Now is the time to revive this division! Empty
PostSubject: Now is the time to revive this division!   Now is the time to revive this division! EmptyMon 18 Feb 2013, 9:14 am

After watching the Funkadactyls take on Tamina and Aksana last week - in what was probably the most refreshing divas match I've seen since LayCool took on the Divas of Doom in a tables match - and then watching the title defence last night at Elimination Chamber with Kaitlyn as defending champion, does anybody else think there is great potential to really kickstart the division and get back some much needed credibility? Sure, neither match stood out compared to matches watched a decade ago, but for the first time in years I don't think the crowd could get confused about who they were watching in the ring; all of those women have some identity.

With a lot of the poor wrestlers/characters like Kelly Kelly and the Bellas gone, and many of the divas that have been at the centre of the division for the last five years (Maryse, Beth, Eve) also no longer with the company, I really think the WWE could create some excitement with these fresh faces that actually have the ability to put on a solid match. Though the division looked pretty small last night at EC, I actually think that's exactly what it needs right now...back when the crowd actually got behind the divas in the late 90s and early 00s, there were only ever about 6 active wrestlers. This gave those women a lot more time to get themselves over.

With the likes of the Funkadactyls, Layla, Kaitlyn and possibly AJ being brought to the centre and adding a couple of more new faces like Paige or bringing back Kharma, I really think the WWE could wipe away the last 7 years (where I have hardly followed the division) and start again, kind of like TNA did when their KO division first began. In an ideal situation, I'd also bring back Tiffany as the sole, blonde model in the divsion because I think she could have the potential to be the next Trish, but that's just me!

I definitely think the direction the division is going to be taken will depend on Wrestlemania though. If we are left with some novelty celebrity match, a match involving Trish or no match at all, I don't see the division ever getting taken seriously again. However if we can get Kaitlyn vs AJ - or even some sort six-pack challenge like at SS '01 - and they're given a decent amount of time to put on a match, I think the WWE would have a chance to bring back some credibility and interest to the divas division. Anybody agree/disagree?
Back to top Go down
#WeWantTaryn
Divas Lover.
#WeWantTaryn

Male
Number of posts : 7477
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Roman Reigns
Daniel Bryan
Jimmy & Jey Uso
Seth Rollins
Dolph Ziggler
Antonio Cesaro

Favorite WWE Diva : AJ Lee
Alicia Fox

Favorite TNA Wrestler : EC3
Austin Aries
MVP
Roode
Bobby Lashley
Kenny King
Favorite TNA Knockout : Taryn Terrell
Brittany
Angelina Love
Registration date : 2008-06-28

PostSubject: Re: Now is the time to revive this division!   Now is the time to revive this division! EmptyMon 18 Feb 2013, 12:12 pm

They have to actually care about it first.The Only Diva that Is on TV on a daily bases is AJ she's the only one that actually Has a Character/Gimmick maybe Cameron and Naomi too.The Rest are just easily forgotten Kailtyn can not be the top face of the divas Divison because she just Dosent have it to me to be one it should be Natalya because she can give us a good match with anyone something Kaityln can't do.Also they need Storylines and actually having them talk using the the dumb WWE Apps is stupid because not everyone follows up on that stuff they have 4 TV shows on TV Theres is no excuse for the divas to Atleast have something going for them.Also I wish people would stop saying Paige is our savior because in reality Shes not Shes ok but she to me is not the best female wrestler WWE has I find AJ,Sasha Banks and Tamina Snuka Way Better then her.Paige to me is where Naomi is there Ok but nothing to brag about.
Back to top Go down
matt_2k10
New Talent
New Talent
matt_2k10

PostSubject: Re: Now is the time to revive this division!   Now is the time to revive this division! EmptyMon 18 Feb 2013, 1:11 pm

I disagree that Kaitlyn shouldn't be top face right now, given that the other options are Natalya and Alicia, who have been buried over the last year, and Layla who hasn't been over at all with the crowd since she turned face. I don't think she's ready to be champion, but at the moment I am content that the title is with somebody new, that appears to be keen to improve in the ring, and actually is improving in each match. For reviving the division, I would also say that appearance wise, Kaitlyn stands out from the likes of Maryse, Kelly Kelly and the Bellas. I do agree though that she needs more of a distinctive character but I am hoping that the main reasoning behind this reign is to justify AJ Lee being brought into the division, and this would also allow Kaitlyn to get her personality across more. So I'm trying not be too quick to criticise her reign yet.

In terms of Paige, I haven't been overwhelmed by any of her matches that I've seen, however she is exactly what the division needs right now. Other than Kharma, we haven't seen any divas in the division since the Diva Search began that have had an original gimmick. Whether they've been an overly nice face or bitchy heel, they've all looked like swimsuit models. Even with the likes of Natalya and Beth that are the more 'powerhouse' type of divas, Natalya had to change her hair colour at first to try and not confuse the fans between the two of them. That would have never been necessary back in the 90s. The key elements that the division has lacked over recent years are personality and variety, which is something Paige does bring.

I'm not saying that the division looks good now, but for the first time in a very long time I think that it has the potential to be turned into something respectable, if the WWE is at all bothered about it.

I'd like to think that they've realised this year too that the key is giving the girls character, given how Eve went from being a generic face that had two title reigns nobody cared about, to being the top diva in the division that was very over with the crowd.

Back to top Go down
#WeWantTaryn
Divas Lover.
#WeWantTaryn

Male
Daniel Bryan
Jimmy & Jey Uso
Seth Rollins
Dolph Ziggler
Antonio Cesaro

Alicia Fox

Austin Aries
MVP
Roode
Bobby Lashley
Kenny King
Brittany
Angelina Love

PostSubject: Re: Now is the time to revive this division!   Now is the time to revive this division! EmptyMon 18 Feb 2013, 2:07 pm

Ill agree with you with Kelly,Bella's and Maryse weren't that good either at one point Maryse was but after getting injured her wrestling just went down with it.But that Dosent make Kaitlyn As good as them because IMO she falls right into the Maryse's and Kelly's.I understand Kaityn winning the title would be someone new to the divison but Natalya winning the title again would be just as new as Kaitlyn winning it.And as far as Paige go she won't change the Divison at all she will just be in the crowd with the rest Summer Rae has more of a chance to change the Divison than Paige if Sable can then I can see why Summer Rae Can't they just need to give them some characters and build them up so people can care about them that's what the Divas Divison needs as far as anything else I say there matches get good timing for a divas match 4 minutes should be enough.
Back to top Go down
matt_2k10
New Talent
New Talent
matt_2k10

PostSubject: Re: Now is the time to revive this division!   Now is the time to revive this division! EmptyMon 18 Feb 2013, 2:24 pm

I woudn't say Kaitlyn really falls into Kelly Kelly's category or Beth's category...she's kind of in the middle, which is why I think I'm more hopeful towards her. With that being said, as it stands I don't think she'll be particularly memorable diva when we look back in five years, but I do think she stands out enough to represent a turning point and a move towards more distinguished divas.

Unforunately, I think Summer Rae will have to work twice as hard as Paige to change the division...and probably ten times as hard to be the next Sable. The reason why Sable could do it back in the 90s was that there were only a few women on the roster, she was utilised in the right way by the WWE by being an active valet for a long period of time and gaining exposure and character development that way (something which the WWE hardly does anymore with the divas) and she stood out from the likes of Luna and Jacqueline. She was never a great wrestler but the crowd got behind her because she was the only non-wrestler in the division and really could be pegged as the 'underdog'. Had Maryse been in the WWE in the 90s, I'm sure we'd consider her as a legend now.

When I see Summer Rae, I can't help but think fans will just see another blonde in a wrestling attire. In a strange way, Paige had more of a chance of becoming the next Sable last year when she would have been the only 'different' diva in a division of Sables.

Back to top Go down
#WeWantTaryn
Divas Lover.
#WeWantTaryn

Male
Daniel Bryan
Jimmy & Jey Uso
Seth Rollins
Dolph Ziggler
Antonio Cesaro

Alicia Fox

Austin Aries
MVP
Roode
Bobby Lashley
Kenny King
Brittany
Angelina Love

PostSubject: Re: Now is the time to revive this division!   Now is the time to revive this division! EmptyMon 18 Feb 2013, 2:39 pm

When I ment summer rae I ment by her looks I always thought that's why sable was more over because of her but in 03 and 04 sable wasn't really that over as much because Torrie was getting bigger crowd reactions then her so the fans had move on from sable to Torrie sable was just part of a wrong era IMO.
Back to top Go down
Shimmer Mark
World Champion
World Champion
Shimmer Mark

Male
Number of posts : 2263
Job/hobbies : Banking
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Antonio Cesaro, Justin Gabriel, Evan Bourne
Favorite WWE Diva : AJ, Natalya, Paige
Favorite TNA Wrestler : AJ Styles, Christopher Daniels
Favorite TNA Knockout : Gail Kim
Registration date : 2008-09-13

PostSubject: Re: Now is the time to revive this division!   Now is the time to revive this division! EmptyMon 18 Feb 2013, 8:55 pm

Summer Rae = Kelly Kelly 2.0

She is generic blonde wrestler #53198163854316846814684684684628426

I think out of the NXT girls, Paige and Sasha have the most talent and could do the most good for the division.
Back to top Go down
#WeWantTaryn
Divas Lover.
#WeWantTaryn

Male
Daniel Bryan
Jimmy & Jey Uso
Seth Rollins
Dolph Ziggler
Antonio Cesaro

Alicia Fox

Austin Aries
MVP
Roode
Bobby Lashley
Kenny King
Brittany
Angelina Love

PostSubject: Re: Now is the time to revive this division!   Now is the time to revive this division! EmptyMon 18 Feb 2013, 9:15 pm

I think Its a little too early to judge summer rae she had one match on TV and it was really short and she barely showed what she can do I'm not gonna judge her just yet.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Now is the time to revive this division!   Now is the time to revive this division! Empty

Back to top Go down

Now is the time to revive this division!
Page 1 of 1