Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Twitter Drama: Alicia & Brittney Savage Attack WSU; WSU Responds

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
King Silva
King of Kings
King Silva

Male
Number of posts : 32652
Favorite WWE Wrestler : ---
Current and Former:
The Rock, JoMo, Ziggler, Edge, Orton, Y2J, Hardyz, + Rhodes!
Favorite WWE Diva : -------
ALL TIME
# 1} Lita
# 2} Trish Stratus
# 3} Mickie James
# 4} Gail Kim
# 5} Michelle McCool

Favorite TNA Wrestler : ----

Favorite TNA Knockout : ---
Registration date : 2009-09-30

Twitter Drama: Alicia & Brittney Savage Attack WSU; WSU Responds Empty
PostSubject: Twitter Drama: Alicia & Brittney Savage Attack WSU; WSU Responds   Twitter Drama: Alicia & Brittney Savage Attack WSU; WSU Responds EmptyThu 21 Feb 2013, 8:31 pm

Twitter Drama: Alicia & Brittney Savage Attack WSU; WSU Responds WSU-logo-300x208

http://ringbellesonline.com/2013/02/21/twitter-drama-alicia-wsu-responds/

The relaunched Women Superstars Uncensored promotion has came under fire yesterday from a number of sources on twitter, including several talents which were a regular part of the promotion before the transfer of ownership from Sean McCaffrey to Drew Cordeiro of Beyond Wrestling. Most notably, these included WSU “icon” Alicia, Brittney Savage and others.

The situation appeared to arise from a perceived knock on Alicia by WSU who, when answering a fan’s question on whether they can expect to see Alicia brought back to the WSU roster, responded with a simple “Not Happening”. Picked up on by fellow wrestler, Missy Sampson, who tweeted “It’s disgusting watching you be so disrespectful to someone whose back your company was built on! @AliciaDidIt”.

Alerted to the slight, Alicia posted a multi-tweet exposé of her thoughts on WSU. She tweeted…

“If you know me..you know i’m not afraid to say what I think. And on this issue i’ve been quiet for too long….. Funny how companies I gave blood, sweat and tears for go under new management and all of a sudden the promoters don’t know how to act. Since 2007 I was ride or die for WSU.. First ever WSU champion, The first woman to hold every championship, Wrestling 7 times in 100 degrees And I did every single thing for my love of the company and it’s fans. WSU was at the top of it’s game, bringing the best talent in from all over the country and putting on one hell of a show. Now look at it.. Less than 6 months after it’s been sold WSU goes from top female talent with 15 shows a year to TWO intergender shows with 1/2 the roster. No more iPPV because they can’t work the “kinks” out? No more on the road? Getting rid of girls that charge more than $35? This is progress? I remember when WSU was a force now they run twice a year with no gimmick shows like an anniversary show or HOF. It makes me absolutely sick to my stomach how WSU has turned the corner and it is NOT from lack of effort from the girls (some of the best). It’s decline is completely based on a promoter that doesn’t understand what the WSU fans and wrestlers all loved. And it’s a damn shame. Get prepared for the unprofessional tweets from @WSUWrestling bashing me and anyone else who isn’t with their new “movement”. But I want each and every one of you to know I love and appreciate ALL of your support!!!!! WSU gave me the BEST fans in the whole world. <3 It was an amazing run with WSU from 2007-2012 but i’m out. <3”

Several other WSU regulars piped up with their thoughts too. Brittney Savage (who debuts for SHINE Wrestling tomorrow on iPPV) tweeted…

“Slept in today and when I woke up, I saw that I had been tagged in a massive amount of tweets regarding @WSUWrestling… and how myself, @AliciaDidIt @lusciouslatasha @Radiant_Rain @JanaMalene @JCruz1985 are no longer a part of it, which has been for a bit now. I know a bunch of you fans are upset by this, but at the end of the day truly okay with it. Being under a new promoter, I saw from the first show that I wasn’t going to be happy there anymore. I let him know I was moving to Florida and wanted to see if he was still going to use me on the shows, since that was my home when I first started wrestling. I was told that I might not fit into the budget. Okay, fine. Soooo you can still manage to bring in other females who haven’t been loyal to the Alicia Glory Wrestlingcompany and who would chose other places before wsu? Right! I always chose wsu over other promotions first since like I said I came from there. But like I said, I’m happy! At the end of the day when The fans get tired of seeing the same few girls constantly wrestle each other and when the girls get tired of wrestling the same person and decide to leave, then what?”

As far as the Soul Sisters are concerned, Luscious Latasha tweeted “Didn’t realize I left @WSUWrestling but they obvy don’t wanna use me, they unfollowed me ha”, though Jana felt compelled to issue a correction “I have to make a clarification that I am still working with WSU. The sisterhood that you are a part of when you become a female wrestler transends any promotion. I miss my girls so much & wish things were different…”

Leva Bates, who has had her own issues with WSU lately, stemming from missing the last show due to travel issues, appeared to comment on the brewing situation by suggesting “When it’s just 1 person against a corporation, they’re a troublemaker; but when there’s more than half a dozen, maybe something is wrong”

Later that evening, WSU owner took to the official twitter to retort. He tweeted…

“Would you keep someone on your roster that refused to go through with the planned finish of your main event? Would you keep someone on your roster that is holding you up for money? Would you keep someone on the roster that was a liability to themselves or their opponent? Would you keep someone in your roster that is looking out for their best interests over the best interests of the company? Would you keep someone on the roster if they couldn’t hang with their peers in the ring? Would you keep someone on the roster based on their perceived level of attractiveness? These are all hypothetical situations but I hope you understand the point I’m trying to make. My job is to make WSU the biggest platform it can be so everyone involved can do what they love in front of fans who appreciate their work. In that regard, I believe #AnUltraviolentAffair was the 2nd biggest show in WSU history behind the show with Melina. There were a ton of false accusations thrown our way earlier today. News flash: don’t believe everything you read. The numbers don’t lie. It’s a shame those who broke their back to make something of WSU can’t be here to help it grow but that’s a choice they made either through their lack of cooperation or by stepping down on their own. I’m sorry to our fans and other wrestlers today had to go down but it was a long time coming.”

While he kept his words general and “hypothetical”, he did specifically mention when asked about Latasha’s future that “I hung out with her less than a month ago. No plans to bring her back after today.”, and continued by suggesting to another tweeter that “Its not a matter of burning bridges its a matter of professionalism. Would anyone even wanna book them after the way they acted?”

On that note, possibly the most provocative and indicative of all Alicia’s tweets yesterday was the tweet that simply stated “FYI MiC’s no compete clause ends in 4 months…. Wink– which to us clearly suggests that former WSU owner Sean Brittney SavageMcCaffrey (who left the business after a health issue last year) is considering promoting again. It would have to be under a new name, and would presumably feature the talent that have remained loyal to him and not the “new” WSU braintrust. We shall see.

Twenty-four hours removed from the drama, all we can really do is to relay the facts to you (as above) and weigh up Alicia’s argument. First and foremost, Alicia is absolutely right on one major point. She really was “ride or die” for WSU, and she was a major part of taking WSU to the heights it reached. If not for her work through the years, WSU may not even exist today, and she has literally “done it all” in the promotion. On the other hand, does that give her (and anybody else) a right to expect to be booked on every show after a change in ownership? The change of promoter was bound to bring a change in ethos, and at the end of the day, the one person who decides who goes on a show is the person running it, and if he (for whatever reason) doesn’t think a talent adds value to a show, are they not within their rights to stop booking her? Should fans boycott WSU for not booking their favourite? We’re not even going to go into the “hypothetical” situations above either – but it’s probably a fair shout to suggest that nobody outside the two parties themselves know the true situation and it’s a shame that dirty laundry like this has to be aired in public.

There seem to be a lot of opinions being thrown around on the matter, and we want to know what you think. As paying customer, you essentially have the final say.
Back to top Go down
Angelus
WD Stalker
Angelus

Number of posts : 11345
Registration date : 2008-08-24

Twitter Drama: Alicia & Brittney Savage Attack WSU; WSU Responds Empty
PostSubject: Re: Twitter Drama: Alicia & Brittney Savage Attack WSU; WSU Responds   Twitter Drama: Alicia & Brittney Savage Attack WSU; WSU Responds EmptyThu 21 Feb 2013, 9:07 pm

It don't sound good for a lot of these sides. I think the wrestlers went the wrong way of doing this in a way. I believe once you get the people outside the company involed in what's going on inside it hurts everyone and makes for most likly no return for any of them.
Back to top Go down

Twitter Drama: Alicia & Brittney Savage Attack WSU; WSU Responds
Page 1 of 1