Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ryan Reynolds Talks More About DEADPOOL And Possible X-MEN: DOFP Cameo

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Angelus
WD Stalker
Angelus

Number of posts : 11345
Registration date : 2008-08-24

Ryan Reynolds Talks More About DEADPOOL And Possible X-MEN: DOFP Cameo Empty
PostSubject: Ryan Reynolds Talks More About DEADPOOL And Possible X-MEN: DOFP Cameo   Ryan Reynolds Talks More About DEADPOOL And Possible X-MEN: DOFP Cameo EmptyFri 22 Mar 2013, 11:55 am

"I love that kind of stuff," Ryan Reynolds told Empire Online when asked if would be interested in making an appearance as Deadpool in Bryan Singer's X-Men: Days of Future Past. "I loved doing Wolverine 'cause the movie wasn't on my shoulders. I got to kind of come in and insult everybody. It was a lot of fun actually." The Green Lantern and Safe House actor then went on to reiterate that he believes it is the "nearly NC-17" screenplay that is causing 20th Century Fox some concerns, and expanded on that by adding, "[The Deadpool script has] got a similar tone [to Zombieland], almost. They wrote it and they developed it as well and, you know, it’s sitting there. You could do it for a pittance compared to the modern sort of epic scale superhero movies, but it’s about a guy who knows he’s in a movie and knows he’s in a comic book who is deeply mentally disturbed and hyper violent. And that’s tough to get by a studio."

As for whether or not the solo Deadpool movie would somehow link up with X-Men Origins: Wolverine, Reynolds is as reluctant as most other comic book fans to see that happen. "I don’t think you can do that, because that character would really sully that whole world. The script is one rewrite away from Deadpool jumping across the desk at the studio executive and attacking him." However, that doesn't mean he doesn't want to poke fun at the almost unanimously despised interpretation of the character that was featured in Wolverine's first critically panned solo movie. "But I’ve always wanted to do the movie just if only because Deadpool would get to do his own movie trailer. So that’s a thing that we were dying to do and we would love to be a part of that. I don’t know how it would fit though, no. In the current iteration of the script, it doesn’t address Wolverine – though it does address Deadpool’s appearance in Wolverine. Deadpool was not happy with Deadpool in Wolverine. He has a sort of a WTF!? moment with that."
Read more at http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=76212#by4A2PhT4z2aLkQx.99
Back to top Go down
King Silva
King of Kings
King Silva

Male
Number of posts : 32652
Favorite WWE Wrestler : ---
Current and Former:
The Rock, JoMo, Ziggler, Edge, Orton, Y2J, Hardyz, + Rhodes!
Favorite WWE Diva : -------
ALL TIME
# 1} Lita
# 2} Trish Stratus
# 3} Mickie James
# 4} Gail Kim
# 5} Michelle McCool

Favorite TNA Wrestler : ----

Favorite TNA Knockout : ---
Registration date : 2009-09-30

Ryan Reynolds Talks More About DEADPOOL And Possible X-MEN: DOFP Cameo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ryan Reynolds Talks More About DEADPOOL And Possible X-MEN: DOFP Cameo   Ryan Reynolds Talks More About DEADPOOL And Possible X-MEN: DOFP Cameo EmptyFri 22 Mar 2013, 7:17 pm

Wow I didn't know the movie was going to be so violent and bad.

They can't get it to at least a R rating?
Back to top Go down

Ryan Reynolds Talks More About DEADPOOL And Possible X-MEN: DOFP Cameo
Page 1 of 1