Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Xbox One, PlayStation 4, + The State Of Gaming [Survey Reveals Gamers Views]

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
King Silva
King of Kings
King Silva

Male
Number of posts : 32652
Favorite WWE Wrestler : ---
Current and Former:
The Rock, JoMo, Ziggler, Edge, Orton, Y2J, Hardyz, + Rhodes!
Favorite WWE Diva : -------
ALL TIME
# 1} Lita
# 2} Trish Stratus
# 3} Mickie James
# 4} Gail Kim
# 5} Michelle McCool

Favorite TNA Wrestler : ----

Favorite TNA Knockout : ---
Registration date : 2009-09-30

Xbox One, PlayStation 4, + The State Of Gaming [Survey Reveals Gamers Views] Empty
PostSubject: Xbox One, PlayStation 4, + The State Of Gaming [Survey Reveals Gamers Views]   Xbox One, PlayStation 4, + The State Of Gaming [Survey Reveals Gamers Views] EmptyFri 31 May 2013, 4:30 am

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/05/30/xbox-one-playstation-4-and-the-state-of-gaming

Infographics aren't typically the result of scientific research, but they're a fun representation of anecdotal evidence -- and the one below has some interesting stuff about the current generation of games, mobile gaming, and binge sessions.

54% of those surveyed here, for instance, had to send repair their busted Xbox 360, and 77% of consumers make in-app purchases. Most notably: 71% said they wouldn't be willing to pay more for next-gen games.

Check out this unscientific but totally fun look at the state of gaming, and let us know where you stand on next-gen game costs and repairing consoles.

Xbox One, PlayStation 4, + The State Of Gaming [Survey Reveals Gamers Views] Gamer2013-610x2147
Back to top Go down
Paul Wyatt
NCD aka Name Changing Dude
Paul Wyatt

Male
Number of posts : 18569
Job/hobbies : Self-Improving
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Antonio Cesaro
Bray Wyatt
Daniel Bryan
Dolph Ziggler
Sheamus
The Shield
The Usos
Wade Barrett
Favorite WWE Diva : Naomi
Natalya
Favorite TNA Wrestler : Austin Aries
Bobby Roode
Bully Ray
Eric Young
James Storm
Registration date : 2008-07-31

Xbox One, PlayStation 4, + The State Of Gaming [Survey Reveals Gamers Views] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Xbox One, PlayStation 4, + The State Of Gaming [Survey Reveals Gamers Views]   Xbox One, PlayStation 4, + The State Of Gaming [Survey Reveals Gamers Views] EmptyFri 31 May 2013, 7:56 am

I am a Playstation guy. I've owned all 3 systems and will eventually own the fourth.

I'll save up for it, instead of blowing one lump sum on it. #efficientspending
Back to top Go down
Serial
World Champion
World Champion
Serial

Male
Number of posts : 2062
Job/hobbies : At home, drawing pictures of mountain tops.
Favorite WWE Wrestler : CM Punk, Daniel Bryan, Santino Marella, The Shield.
Favorite WWE Diva : AJ, Summer Rae, Rosa Mendes, Paige.
Favorite TNA Wrestler : AJ Styles, Christopher Daniels, Samoa Joe, TJ Perkins.
Favorite TNA Knockout : Taryn Terrell, Velvet Sky, Brooke Tessmacher, Christy Hemme.
Registration date : 2010-12-23

PostSubject: Re: Xbox One, PlayStation 4, + The State Of Gaming [Survey Reveals Gamers Views]   Xbox One, PlayStation 4, + The State Of Gaming [Survey Reveals Gamers Views] EmptyFri 31 May 2013, 6:07 pm

I think I'm going to wait a few months before I purchase one of the systems (more than likely PS4) because the first batch of systems always have bugs or errors, etc. That and I can research the pros/cons of each system, price, etc.

Also, I call BS on 71% who wouldn't be willing to pay more for next-gen games. If they buy the system, they are going to buy games. There's no way to avoid it without missing out.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dafk.net/what/
King Silva
King of Kings
King Silva

Male
Number of posts : 32652
Favorite WWE Wrestler : ---
Current and Former:
The Rock, JoMo, Ziggler, Edge, Orton, Y2J, Hardyz, + Rhodes!
Favorite WWE Diva : -------
ALL TIME
# 1} Lita
# 2} Trish Stratus
# 3} Mickie James
# 4} Gail Kim
# 5} Michelle McCool

Favorite TNA Wrestler : ----

Favorite TNA Knockout : ---
Registration date : 2009-09-30

PostSubject: Re: Xbox One, PlayStation 4, + The State Of Gaming [Survey Reveals Gamers Views]   Xbox One, PlayStation 4, + The State Of Gaming [Survey Reveals Gamers Views] EmptyFri 31 May 2013, 7:36 pm

^ I'm probably going to go your approach although I'm leaning towards X-Box One [stupid ass name]..

I also feel that the stat for people not willing to pay more for games is crazy.

I expect the games to be $70 and while that sucks it isn't that much more.

I don't even buy that many games so a $10 increase isn't going to kill me in a year.
Back to top Go down
Paul Wyatt
Paul Wyatt

Male
Number of posts : 18569
Job/hobbies : Self-Improving
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Antonio Cesaro
Bray Wyatt
Daniel Bryan
Dolph Ziggler
Sheamus
The Shield
The Usos
Wade Barrett
Favorite WWE Diva : Naomi
Natalya
Favorite TNA Wrestler : Austin Aries
Bobby Roode
Bully Ray
Eric Young
James Storm
Registration date : 2008-07-31

PostSubject: Re: Xbox One, PlayStation 4, + The State Of Gaming [Survey Reveals Gamers Views]   Xbox One, PlayStation 4, + The State Of Gaming [Survey Reveals Gamers Views] EmptyFri 31 May 2013, 11:38 pm

By the time I'm ready to purchase the PS4, it'll already be on shelves. Not too concerned with saving now because I won't have much time to play it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Xbox One, PlayStation 4, + The State Of Gaming [Survey Reveals Gamers Views]   Xbox One, PlayStation 4, + The State Of Gaming [Survey Reveals Gamers Views] Empty

Back to top Go down

Xbox One, PlayStation 4, + The State Of Gaming [Survey Reveals Gamers Views]
Page 1 of 1