Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

PlayStation 4 Expected to Have 10 Year Lifespan

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Dead
The Sports Guy
Dead

Male
Number of posts : 31046
Registration date : 2008-08-19

PlayStation 4 Expected to Have 10 Year Lifespan Empty
PostSubject: PlayStation 4 Expected to Have 10 Year Lifespan   PlayStation 4 Expected to Have 10 Year Lifespan EmptySat 15 Jun 2013, 2:04 am

In an interview with CVG, Sony's Shuhei Yoshida said that he expected the PlayStation 4 to last for decade due to the enormous potential for growth. Below are some highlights:

Yoshida on the lifespan on the PS4: "I would say the same or similar, because the PS4 has an incredible amount of RAM and I don't think any launch titles need that 8GB of RAM. So there's room for growth in both game content and system features. In the middle of PS3 we really hit the limit with what we could do on the system side. We wanted to add the cross-game voice chat that many people asked us about, but we had no room in the system memory at all to add it. So the PS4′s enlarged, very fast memory allows us in the future to improve and add more new features. And at the same time we are continuing to invest and add onto the online services so that, three years from now, the PS4 will be much, much better than PS4 this holiday - and that was the case on PS3 and PS Vita."

Yoshida on being surprised by the cost of the of the Xbox One: "Designing PS4 was all about learning lessons from PS3 - ease of development and the cost of the system is a big part of it. We always wanted to hit $399 and we designed the system and carefully chose out of all the potential inclusions of the core hardware components and we made a system that we could sell for $399. So we just did what we aimed to do and we were hoping that people would like it. I was very surprised about the announcement yesterday by some other company... in a good way."
Back to top Go down
Paul Wyatt
NCD aka Name Changing Dude
NCD aka Name Changing Dude
Paul Wyatt

Male
Number of posts : 18569
Job/hobbies : Self-Improving
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Antonio Cesaro
Bray Wyatt
Daniel Bryan
Dolph Ziggler
Sheamus
The Shield
The Usos
Wade Barrett
Favorite WWE Diva : Naomi
Natalya
Favorite TNA Wrestler : Austin Aries
Bobby Roode
Bully Ray
Eric Young
James Storm
Registration date : 2008-07-31

PostSubject: Re: PlayStation 4 Expected to Have 10 Year Lifespan   PlayStation 4 Expected to Have 10 Year Lifespan EmptySat 15 Jun 2013, 4:42 am

Can't see shit,but let me say this: that is to be expectected.  The PS3 & X-Box 360 has been ariund for the better part of the last decade.  If the Next-Gen consoles didn't last as ling, fans will be extremely upset.  Myself included
Back to top Go down
King Silva
King of Kings
King Silva

Male
Number of posts : 32652
Favorite WWE Wrestler : ---
Current and Former:
The Rock, JoMo, Ziggler, Edge, Orton, Y2J, Hardyz, + Rhodes!
Favorite WWE Diva : -------
ALL TIME
# 1} Lita
# 2} Trish Stratus
# 3} Mickie James
# 4} Gail Kim
# 5} Michelle McCool

Favorite TNA Wrestler : ----

Favorite TNA Knockout : ---
Registration date : 2009-09-30

PostSubject: Re: PlayStation 4 Expected to Have 10 Year Lifespan   PlayStation 4 Expected to Have 10 Year Lifespan EmptySat 15 Jun 2013, 6:03 am

Yeah the black text is probably not the best choice. :-/

I think 10 years is a good amount of time for this generation of games.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: PlayStation 4 Expected to Have 10 Year Lifespan   PlayStation 4 Expected to Have 10 Year Lifespan Empty

Back to top Go down

PlayStation 4 Expected to Have 10 Year Lifespan
Page 1 of 1