Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Sean Waltman On Why TNA Isn't 'Must See' Television

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Angelus
WD Stalker
Angelus

Number of posts : 11345
Registration date : 2008-08-24

Sean Waltman On Why TNA Isn't 'Must See' Television  Empty
PostSubject: Sean Waltman On Why TNA Isn't 'Must See' Television    Sean Waltman On Why TNA Isn't 'Must See' Television  EmptySat 15 Jun 2013, 7:35 pm

Sean Waltman joined Inside The Ropes this past Thursday to promote the Viva L.A Lucha Kickstarter campaign (http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1922546104/viva-la-lucha-pilot-and-web-series) here are the highlights:

On him being pushed big when he came into the WWF in 1998, compared to guys now:

OK they were pushing me but this is what I don’t understand. There’s some guys now who are getting their opportunities and doing a lot with them, but you can’t push something that doesn’t propel itself. Sometimes you’re limited to what you are talent wise. My angle was really unique when I came in. Usually a guy would come in with vignettes and then win some squash matches and get over that way. They seemed to have a well thought out plan for me. Plus the angle with Razor and I was the first storyline they ran on RAW so that was pretty cool.

On being told he’s working with Shane McMahon at WrestleMania XV:

I didn’t like it going in, I was expecting to have this big WrestleMania match. But back then If something wasn’t my idea, I didn’t like it, even if it was a good one. I was a bit of a spoiled brat at the time. I remember thinking I wanted to have a really good WrestleMania match but how was I gonna do that with somebody that’d never had a match before but I told Vince y’know, he listens to me and I’ll do it but it’s my way. And the agreement was he’d do the job *laughs* But the overall picture of why we did the finish of the match, you know Hunter turned on me and a lot of good things came out of that. My team with Kane came out of that, Hunter’s big first championship run kinda came from that. I thought Shane did an amazing job, he really did. He rented the St Paul Civic Center, it had this little building that held 3-4,000 people called the Roy Wilkins Auditorium, he rented that and had someone in Detroit drive a ring and set it up in this empty building, so I’d go there and work out a match with him for WrestleMania. I wasn’t going anywhere on my days off. I thought that was really going above and beyond, sending a ring to Detroit, Shane and I ended up being pretty tight.

If he watches TNA:

You know what I should, I really should, but I don’t. I don’t know why or what it is but it just doesn’t feel like must see TV to me.

Thoughts on going down to NXT:

From where it was a couple of years ago it’s so much better, so much better. I actually think quite often it’ the best thing on TV. Sometimes I think the best stuff comes off of that show. Triple H is working closely with that too.
Back to top Go down
Blue Ryder
Bossman
Bossman
Blue Ryder

Male
Number of posts : 24217
Job/hobbies : The Fruit Basket
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Cody Rhodes
Tyson Kidd
PUNK
Daniel Bryan "YES"
Zack Ryder

Flavors of The Month smile
Favorite WWE Diva : Layla
Eve
Naomi/Cameron
Tamina
Nattie

Favorite TNA Wrestler : Robert Rood *fanz*

Favorite TNA Knockout : Brooke
Madison Rayne
Tara
Sarita
Rosita

Flavors Of The Month smile
Registration date : 2008-06-28

Sean Waltman On Why TNA Isn't 'Must See' Television  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sean Waltman On Why TNA Isn't 'Must See' Television    Sean Waltman On Why TNA Isn't 'Must See' Television  EmptyMon 22 Jul 2013, 12:42 pm

This was a pretty good read. I expected worse lol
Back to top Go down

Sean Waltman On Why TNA Isn't 'Must See' Television
Page 1 of 1