Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Should Spider-Man Be Gay? Andrew Garfield Thinks So

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Dead
The Sports Guy
Dead

Male
Number of posts : 31046
Registration date : 2008-08-19

Should Spider-Man Be Gay? Andrew Garfield Thinks So  Empty
PostSubject: Should Spider-Man Be Gay? Andrew Garfield Thinks So    Should Spider-Man Be Gay? Andrew Garfield Thinks So  EmptyThu 11 Jul 2013, 11:11 am

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Should-Spider-Man-Gay-Andrew-Garfield-Thinks-So-38450.html

Over the years, the amazing Spider-Man has been a brainy Caucasian teenager, a mixed –race hero with African-American and Latino roots, single, married, and – most recently – deceased. So its safe to assume that Marvel has little issue with changing the core identities of Peter Parker and his masked alter ego. But does that mean mainstream comic book collectors and those who come to movies based on superhero titles are ready for the first gay Spider-Man?

It’s a question raised by Andrew Garfield, the young British actor who played Spider-Man in Marc Webb’s The Amazing Spider-Man and is preparing to do so once again in The Amazing Spider-Man 2. As part of its Comic-Con preview coverage, EW spoke to the actor and director about the upcoming adventures of old Web head, during which Garfield wondered aloud if Peter’s love interest, Mary Jane “MJ” Watson, could be a guy instead of a fiery redheaded girl.
“I was kind of joking, but kind of not joking about MJ,” Garfield tells EW. “And I was like, ‘What if MJ is a dude?’ Why can’t we discover that Peter is exploring his sexuality? It’s hardly even groundbreaking!…So why can’t he be gay? Why can’t he be into boys?”

So THAT’S why Sony had to remove Shailene Woodley from The Amazing Spider-Man 2! They’re going to recast the role with a male actor. And Garfield even has an actor in mind. He tells EW:
“I’ve been obsessed with Michael B. Jordan since The Wire. He’s so charismatic and talented. It’d be even better—we’d have interracial bisexuality!”

That would turn heads, for sure. Will it happen? Unlikely. While comic book writers and artists have had flexibility to explore different sides of the men who have been tapped to play Spider-Man over the years, there’s not enough time to switch gears so drastically in a single film series, where it takes years to build up a stable franchise. Webb already has laid serious groundwork for his current Spider-Man franchise to build on the budding relationship between Peter Parker and Gwen Stacy (Emma Stone) – even while Mary Jane is being held in the wings for The Amazing Spider-Man 3 and beyond to be a love interest in (and when) Stacy is killed off … hopefully by The Green Goblin. I mean, just look at this chemistry!
Back to top Go down
Angelus
WD Stalker
Angelus

Number of posts : 11345
Registration date : 2008-08-24

PostSubject: Re: Should Spider-Man Be Gay? Andrew Garfield Thinks So    Should Spider-Man Be Gay? Andrew Garfield Thinks So  EmptyThu 11 Jul 2013, 12:27 pm

NO!!!!!! They do this I will be done till they redo spiderman first movie was good to me they do this it hurts the brand. It already hurt Green Lantern franchise as executives didn't know their are multiple in the Lantern Core.
Back to top Go down
Serial
World Champion
World Champion
Serial

Male
Number of posts : 2062
Job/hobbies : At home, drawing pictures of mountain tops.
Favorite WWE Wrestler : CM Punk, Daniel Bryan, Santino Marella, The Shield.
Favorite WWE Diva : AJ, Summer Rae, Rosa Mendes, Paige.
Favorite TNA Wrestler : AJ Styles, Christopher Daniels, Samoa Joe, TJ Perkins.
Favorite TNA Knockout : Taryn Terrell, Velvet Sky, Brooke Tessmacher, Christy Hemme.
Registration date : 2010-12-23

PostSubject: Re: Should Spider-Man Be Gay? Andrew Garfield Thinks So    Should Spider-Man Be Gay? Andrew Garfield Thinks So  EmptyThu 11 Jul 2013, 12:34 pm

I see nothing wrong with a gay superhero(ine), but turning an established superhero gay just seems patronizing. I don't know though, I'm not exactly the most knowledgeable when it comes to that culture.

Last edited by Serial on Thu 11 Jul 2013, 12:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.dafk.net/what/
Angelus
WD Stalker
Angelus

Number of posts : 11345
Registration date : 2008-08-24

PostSubject: Re: Should Spider-Man Be Gay? Andrew Garfield Thinks So    Should Spider-Man Be Gay? Andrew Garfield Thinks So  EmptyThu 11 Jul 2013, 12:43 pm

That been the issue. I am a superman fan they knocked off Lois got him with Wonder Woman both are good but like him with Lois. They need to stop trying to change established heroes.
Back to top Go down
King Silva
King of Kings
King Silva

Male
Number of posts : 32652
Favorite WWE Wrestler : ---
Current and Former:
The Rock, JoMo, Ziggler, Edge, Orton, Y2J, Hardyz, + Rhodes!
Favorite WWE Diva : -------
ALL TIME
# 1} Lita
# 2} Trish Stratus
# 3} Mickie James
# 4} Gail Kim
# 5} Michelle McCool

Favorite TNA Wrestler : ----

Favorite TNA Knockout : ---
Registration date : 2009-09-30

PostSubject: Re: Should Spider-Man Be Gay? Andrew Garfield Thinks So    Should Spider-Man Be Gay? Andrew Garfield Thinks So  EmptyThu 11 Jul 2013, 5:49 pm

I don't think they should do this.

It would be one thing if one version of Spider Man was gay in the various comics but he isn't so they should stick with the most known version where MJ is Mary Jane.

I wouldn't be surprised if in the future it happens but I would think it would be some time in the future not now..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Should Spider-Man Be Gay? Andrew Garfield Thinks So    Should Spider-Man Be Gay? Andrew Garfield Thinks So  Empty

Back to top Go down

Should Spider-Man Be Gay? Andrew Garfield Thinks So
Page 1 of 1