Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

#August1stWarning: Where It Went Wrong

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Dead
The Sports Guy
Dead

Male
Number of posts : 31046
Registration date : 2008-08-19

#August1stWarning: Where It Went Wrong Empty
PostSubject: #August1stWarning: Where It Went Wrong   #August1stWarning: Where It Went Wrong EmptyFri 02 Aug 2013, 3:22 am

SO....tonight was the huge reveal for the August 1st Warning and needless to say, it was a letdown. A huge one. I'm not that surprised by it either. They could of ran with this, they could of had it be a wrestler not under contract (or even the top guy in OVW, whoever it is) who was tired of seeing all the stupid shit that was happening on a weekly basis. But no, they decided to release one video and then say "hey guys, if you want to see the 2nd one, get THIS one to 250,000 views." For one, why were they promoting an outsider that was "threatening" the company? For two, they should of never even given a deadline to release the next video (which they ended up doing anyway and they only had at least 210,000+ views), that was stupid enough alone on their part. To make it worse, they had the masked voice say he wasnt Jericho or Batista, or guys like that. What was the point of saying that? Everyone had a general idea that it wasnt going to be EITHER of those guys, they're too loyal to WWE.

The rumors ive been reading were Low-Ki, Shelton Benjamin, Hardcore Holly of all people (he isnt a big enough name to warrant videos threatening people though), Adam Pearce and so on. None of those guys showed up tonight. Instead we got:

Tito...fucking...Ortiz.

I ask you, the loyal TNA fans that may be on here...who does this really benefit? It just so happens that Ortiz is behind the #August1stWarning stuff after Bellator announced that its Rampage/Tito at the PPV in October. So not only does it kill the speculation that Rampage will be wrestling at Bound for Glory, but it kills the thought that he was going to turn on Angle and the Main Event Mafia to set up that feud further (because you know, that face to face confrontation only for them to be buddies really got the juices going). This doesn't benefit TNA whatsoever. Rampage and Tito along with King Mo, none of these guys will be wrestling in the near future. Not any single one of them. Take away the fact that yeah, it's Spike's money that got them signed, but these guys are taking up roster spots that should be used for guys who will actually be wrestling on a weekly basis.

Bellator is making out like a bandit with this. Free promotion for a PPV fight months from now on another program? Sign me up. The downside to this though? The MMA crowd doesn't care. They already see pro wrestling as fake and stupid, so why on earth would they tune in to Impact to see these guys cut fake promos? Why would you use a wrestling platform to help build a fight that years ago people would probably want to see? Rampage is past his prime and Tito is coming out of retirement, the only ones that would want to see this are the diehard MMA fans that like a good feud.

At the end of the day, Dixie Carter is a moron for agreeing to this. TNA isnt getting any exposure from this (maybe, just MAYBE during the Bellator tournaments but i doubt it), hell, SpikeTV doesnt even advertise Impact during the rest of the week. It doesnt look good on a company who just released a dozen employees due to budget cuts, only for them to turn around and agree to front half the bill for a washed up, retired MMA fighter.
Back to top Go down
X
Ultimate Opportunist
X

Male
Number of posts : 8594
Favorite WWE Wrestler : ---
Justin Gabriel
Kofi Kingston
Chris Jericho
Tyson Kidd
Favorite WWE Diva : ---
AJ
Kaitlyn
Natalya

Favorite TNA Wrestler : ---
Rob Van Dam

Favorite TNA Knockout : ---
Tara
Christy Hemme
Gail
Registration date : 2008-08-24

PostSubject: Re: #August1stWarning: Where It Went Wrong   #August1stWarning: Where It Went Wrong EmptyFri 02 Aug 2013, 4:47 am

I agree with everything you said. I have no faith in TNA anymore.

The most ironic thing about this whole reveal is that Ortiz's signature is digging the grave.
Back to top Go down
King Silva
King of Kings
King Silva

Male
Number of posts : 32652
Current and Former:
The Rock, JoMo, Ziggler, Edge, Orton, Y2J, Hardyz, + Rhodes!
Favorite WWE Diva : -------
ALL TIME
# 1} Lita
# 2} Trish Stratus
# 3} Mickie James
# 4} Gail Kim
# 5} Michelle McCool

Favorite TNA Wrestler : ----

Registration date : 2009-09-30

PostSubject: Re: #August1stWarning: Where It Went Wrong   #August1stWarning: Where It Went Wrong EmptyFri 02 Aug 2013, 5:30 am

The 'big' reveal was so fucking awkward.. dont 

My God that was sad.. alien alien 
Back to top Go down
Serial
World Champion
World Champion
Serial

Male
Number of posts : 2062
Job/hobbies : At home, drawing pictures of mountain tops.
Favorite WWE Wrestler : CM Punk, Daniel Bryan, Santino Marella, The Shield.
Favorite WWE Diva : AJ, Summer Rae, Rosa Mendes, Paige.
Favorite TNA Wrestler : AJ Styles, Christopher Daniels, Samoa Joe, TJ Perkins.
Favorite TNA Knockout : Taryn Terrell, Velvet Sky, Brooke Tessmacher, Christy Hemme.
Registration date : 2010-12-23

PostSubject: Re: #August1stWarning: Where It Went Wrong   #August1stWarning: Where It Went Wrong EmptyFri 02 Aug 2013, 12:00 pm

Viacom who runs Spike, also owns a majority share of Bellator. As Bellator tries to transition into PPV, they realize that their champions don't have the name value of those in the UFC. So what do they do? They have Ortiz and Rampage (who are a combined 1-9 in their last combined ten fights) headline the PPV for Bellator. It's an ambitious move, but I think Viacom is starting to realize the Bellator $$$ isn't on free tv, but on PPV. Even if the PPV does terrible numbers, its progress. The issue is that for some reason, nothing on Spike (including Bellator) seems to be advertised anywhere else. You never see Impact or Bellator commercials on other channels. Instead of advertising elsewhere, they just got lazy and cross-advertised.

What I think will be interesting is if the fight doesn't happen. Rampage and Ortiz have a tendency of getting hurt, making excuses, and finding reasons to pull out of fights. Injuries in training do happen often, so what does TNA do if the fight gets delayed/cancelled between Ortiz/Jackson? It'll put everyone in an even stickier situation.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dafk.net/what/
Angelus
WD Stalker
Angelus

Number of posts : 11345
Registration date : 2008-08-24

PostSubject: Re: #August1stWarning: Where It Went Wrong   #August1stWarning: Where It Went Wrong EmptyFri 02 Aug 2013, 2:27 pm

Personality stand point and stuff. I think really these are both guys who could of had big future in Wrestling in their prime. Now that they are older I think if they made the decision to be TNA and focus on being a wrestler their could be a future. Sadly that ain't the case mark the second time Tito Oritz been in TNA. I ain't sure even mma style or ablity would translate well into the wrestling ring. I mean I ain't sure if they got a background like Kurt Angle,Lesnar,etc who were wrestlers first I don't know those twos background on that.
Back to top Go down
King Silva
King of Kings
King Silva

Male
Number of posts : 32652
Current and Former:
The Rock, JoMo, Ziggler, Edge, Orton, Y2J, Hardyz, + Rhodes!
Favorite WWE Diva : -------
ALL TIME
# 1} Lita
# 2} Trish Stratus
# 3} Mickie James
# 4} Gail Kim
# 5} Michelle McCool

Favorite TNA Wrestler : ----

Registration date : 2009-09-30

PostSubject: Re: #August1stWarning: Where It Went Wrong   #August1stWarning: Where It Went Wrong EmptyFri 02 Aug 2013, 6:18 pm

Wow they are 1-9 for their last 10 fights?!

They should just stay retired... alien 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: #August1stWarning: Where It Went Wrong   #August1stWarning: Where It Went Wrong Empty

Back to top Go down

#August1stWarning: Where It Went Wrong
Page 1 of 1