Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

QuakeCon Concludes With No Update On 'Doom 4'

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Dead
The Sports Guy
Dead

Male
Number of posts : 31046
Registration date : 2008-08-19

QuakeCon Concludes With No Update On 'Doom 4' Empty
PostSubject: QuakeCon Concludes With No Update On 'Doom 4'   QuakeCon Concludes With No Update On 'Doom 4' EmptySun 04 Aug 2013, 8:07 pm

QuakeCon, the annual gaming convention and showcase for all things id Software, wrapped up today with nary a word on the long awaited Doom 4. It would seem they’re taking a page out of Valve’s guide to game development by remaining almost entirely silent about the long-in-development game. We know it’s coming to next-gen consoles after Pete Hines, VP of PR and Marketing for Bethesda Softworks, revealed that development of the title had started over back in 2011, but that’s about it.

During the Q&A portion of a keynote speech held earlier this week from id Software’s technical director John Carmack, a fan asked if he could provide an update on the game’s progress, to which he replied “I can’t. I actually asked about whether I could say anything related to the development and the answer was, no, I couldn’t.”

Oh well. There’s always QuakeCon 2014.
Back to top Go down

QuakeCon Concludes With No Update On 'Doom 4'
Page 1 of 1