Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Favorite heel tactics or mannerisms?

Go down 
+3
KJ
Save_Us.MFiSG
Blue Ryder
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Blue Ryder
Bossman
Bossman
Blue Ryder

Male
Number of posts : 24217
Job/hobbies : The Fruit Basket
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Cody Rhodes
Tyson Kidd
PUNK
Daniel Bryan "YES"
Zack Ryder

Flavors of The Month smile
Favorite WWE Diva : Layla
Eve
Naomi/Cameron
Tamina
Nattie

Favorite TNA Wrestler : Robert Rood *fanz*

Favorite TNA Knockout : Brooke
Madison Rayne
Tara
Sarita
Rosita

Flavors Of The Month smile
Registration date : 2008-06-28

Favorite heel tactics or mannerisms? Empty
PostSubject: Favorite heel tactics or mannerisms?   Favorite heel tactics or mannerisms? EmptySun 15 Mar 2009, 1:02 am

What makes you cheer the heels on?
Back to top Go down
Save_Us.MFiSG
World Champion
World Champion

Male
Number of posts : 1319
Job/hobbies : Computer, Wii, anything without manual labor!
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Chris Jericho
Favorite WWE Diva : Natalya
Favorite TNA Wrestler : Kurt Angle
Favorite TNA Knockout : Kevin Nash?
Registration date : 2008-10-17

PostSubject: Re: Favorite heel tactics or mannerisms?   Favorite heel tactics or mannerisms? EmptySun 15 Mar 2009, 8:26 pm

I absolutely couldn't stand when Ric Flair used to grab his opponents crotch for like 20 seconds. shocked
Back to top Go down
http://hbkshawnmichaels.freeforums.org/
KJ
The Voice
The Voice
KJ

Male
Number of posts : 3495
Registration date : 2008-12-27

PostSubject: Re: Favorite heel tactics or mannerisms?   Favorite heel tactics or mannerisms? EmptySun 15 Mar 2009, 8:58 pm

Some of the heels can be hilarious! But other times they can be complete jerks!
Back to top Go down
Epitome!
New Talent
New Talent
Epitome!

Male
Number of posts : 74
Job/hobbies : N/A
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Shawn Michaels, Undertaker, John Morrison, and Rob Van Dam.
Favorite WWE Diva : Melina, Trish Stratus, Beth Phoenix, and Goldust.
Favorite TNA Wrestler : Sting, Kurt Angle, Scott Steiner (For his butchering of the English Language), and Samoa Joe.
Favorite TNA Knockout : Traci Brooks. smile
Registration date : 2009-03-23

PostSubject: Re: Favorite heel tactics or mannerisms?   Favorite heel tactics or mannerisms? EmptyTue 24 Mar 2009, 3:08 pm

Heels is my game, man. Nothing is like the smell of a great heel in the morning... Wait.. Umm..

*Ponders*

Err... Miley Cyrus?

lol.
Seriously, what makes a good heel is the gimmick. Let's look at Chris Jericho, for example.

1. Jericho was one of the best faces, because of his playful gimmick. But now that he brought out the 'dark side' of himself; the business, elegant, brilliant, and evil persona.. The fans hate him.
It's all about getting under the fans skin by taking shots at wrestlers, or, the fans themselves.

2. Another thing that makes Jericho a good heel is the antics. Nothing like a good "I'm the best wrestler the ever was," here and there. Like I said, running his mouth on Legends much like he's doing now, mouthing off the fans, and not to mention last night when he beat Ric Flair ("Wooooo!") to a bloody pulp, it gets under the fan's skin. Except me.. I eat it up.

3. And you can't forget the look. Just look at the majority of the heels.
John Morrison has the glitz.
MVP had fancy suits and bling.
Triple H had Evolution by his side at all times.
And Eric Bischoff just had that devilish twinkle in his eye.
What does Jericho have? A Grand appearance change - Short hair. Yeah, he had short hair as a face when he returned. But like he said in an interview:
"I was a Metallica fan. And when Metallica came out with a new album and they all had short hair. We hated it! We said 'That's not Metallica! This sucks!'.. It was a great change. And much like me. When I came back with short hair, people said the same thing; 'That's not Chris Jericho!'. So, I said it's time for a change."
And what a successful change that was.

---

But as far as Heel Managerial skills, the main thing that gets the crowd going is distracting the referee so the Heel can strike a dirty maneuver, or distract the Face him/herself so the Heel can pick up the win.
Back to top Go down
http://z13.invisionfree.com/WWE_Mansion/index.php?
Dead
The Sports Guy
Dead

Male
Number of posts : 31046
Registration date : 2008-08-19

PostSubject: Re: Favorite heel tactics or mannerisms?   Favorite heel tactics or mannerisms? EmptyTue 24 Mar 2009, 3:14 pm

Morrison doesnt get heel heat though, MVP is a face now, HHH is a all around heel but hes stuck in babyface hell
Back to top Go down
Epitome!
New Talent
New Talent
Epitome!

Male
Number of posts : 74
Job/hobbies : N/A
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Shawn Michaels, Undertaker, John Morrison, and Rob Van Dam.
Favorite WWE Diva : Melina, Trish Stratus, Beth Phoenix, and Goldust.
Favorite TNA Wrestler : Sting, Kurt Angle, Scott Steiner (For his butchering of the English Language), and Samoa Joe.
Favorite TNA Knockout : Traci Brooks. smile
Registration date : 2009-03-23

PostSubject: Re: Favorite heel tactics or mannerisms?   Favorite heel tactics or mannerisms? EmptyTue 24 Mar 2009, 3:31 pm

Wishmaster wrote:
Morrison doesnt get heel heat though, MVP is a face now, HHH is a all around heel but hes stuck in babyface hell

Morrison doesn't get enough promo time for heat, that's why he's not getting much, plus The Dirt Sheet, and his daring good looks make him kind of neutral.
As far as MVP, I like the guy. But he was better as a heel because his gimmick shined throughout his heel time. And everything he said he backed up until his slump.. And now he's a face.
Trips is one of the best heels I've seen, but he can't pull off the face act. He tries, but it's going nowhere. The guys got a lot of potential, but he's being used the wrong way.
Back to top Go down
http://z13.invisionfree.com/WWE_Mansion/index.php?

PostSubject: Re: Favorite heel tactics or mannerisms?   Favorite heel tactics or mannerisms? EmptyTue 24 Mar 2009, 4:45 pm

My favorite heel mannerisms are as follows...

1. Tearing up a child's sign, thus making him cry.
2. Grabbing fans' hats and tossing them across the arena.
3. Sticking the finger to fans cheering/booing him.
4. Knocking a drink out of a fan's hand.

Basically anything Super Dragon does, would be considered heel.
Back to top Go down
Jordan H.
The Nexus
The Nexus
Jordan H.

Male
Number of posts : 4884
Job/hobbies : CHEYEAH!
Favorite WWE Wrestler : John Cena
Favorite WWE Diva : Kaitlyn
Favorite TNA Wrestler : Bobby Roode and/or James Storm
Registration date : 2009-08-10

PostSubject: Re: Favorite heel tactics or mannerisms?   Favorite heel tactics or mannerisms? EmptyWed 14 Oct 2009, 4:36 am

1. outside interference from allies and stablemates
2. excessive use of stiff shots
3. getting inside people's heads by coming across COMPLETELY buying into believing what they do is right
4. defiant of authority
5. taunting and yelling at audience members
6. 'crippling' an opponent and laughing and smiling about it afterwards
7. pick up victories out of nowhere
8. over-selling (not the Flair school, more Orton-ish) of opponent's comeback attacks
9. coming out and disrupting feel-good moments
10. running roughshod over everyone
Back to top Go down
Lionheart
Recent Roster Addition
Lionheart

Male
Number of posts : 49
Favorite WWE Wrestler : John Morrison
Edge
Chris Jericho
The Miz
Randy Orton
Jack Swagger
Yoshi Tatsu
William Regal
Christian
Favorite TNA Wrestler : Alex Shelly
Chris Sabin
Kurt Angle
AJ Styles
Sting
Registration date : 2009-09-19

PostSubject: Re: Favorite heel tactics or mannerisms?   Favorite heel tactics or mannerisms? EmptyMon 26 Oct 2009, 1:10 am

Winning.

A heel simply cannot get over without winning. The Miz for example. He was generating massive heat with his anti-Cena promos. Granted it was a total rip-off of Jericho's anti-Goldberg promos in WCW, but that's hardly the point. He could have been main eventing easy, one of the top heels on Raw, all he needed was a PPV win over Cena. Instead, we got a glorified squash match and it all went right down the drain. It's hard to hate someone who loses every match.

Interacting with the fans negatively is always good too. Insulting them on the mic is meh, everyone does that. It takes it to a whole new level if they interact with them. Grabbing a sign and throw it on the ground, staring at a fan menacingly. These would make a great heel. The exception is Jericho, who does well enough just on the mic. He probably needs to study the dictionary before he goes out for every promo, but it works awesomely. Nothing makes you hate a guy more than him using words you don't understand.

Another thing is cheating. A heel should cheat, get away with it, and win the match because of it. Beer Money is a great example. They were winning match after match with beer bottle shots to the skull behind the referee's back. It generated heat, it made everyone hate them, and it was awesome.

Doing ridiculously cocky things is also a heel maker. Riding in on a boozer cruiser or dancing to the ring in an expensive coat always gets me.

Finally, getting mad at management. Segments with the heels threatening the match makers or complaining about their decisions always generates good heat. It makes them seem too cowardly to get mad at their opponent. They take the back route and try and politic their way back to the top. That makes the crowd really hate them.

As for things I don't like the heels doing, insulting the local sports team. It's just so unoriginal, everyone does it, and it does absolutely nothing for someone who's not into sports, such as myself. It gets heat with very few people other than the people in the arena as well. It's not very effective, and I hate it.

Then there's jobbing. A heel should not get squashed. Orton losing to Batista in that steel cage match in near record time a while back was awful. If they're going to lose, at least make it because they get a taste of their own medicine, cheated with their own dirty tactic. At least make it an even match. A good match in which the face barely wins builds up both superstars. A heel getting squashed accomplishes nothing.

A heel should rarely get caught cheating, nothing makes them look weaker than a referee distracting them as they get surprised by the face from behind, nailed with a finisher, and pinned. It leaves a bad taste in my mouth every time I see this happen.

Thus ends my rantage...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Favorite heel tactics or mannerisms?   Favorite heel tactics or mannerisms? Empty

Back to top Go down

Favorite heel tactics or mannerisms?
Page 1 of 1