Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

'The Zone' Starts Shooting In December, Is It Actually 'The Purge 2'?!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Dead
The Sports Guy
Dead

Male
Number of posts : 31046
Registration date : 2008-08-19

'The Zone' Starts Shooting In December, Is It Actually 'The Purge 2'?! Empty
PostSubject: 'The Zone' Starts Shooting In December, Is It Actually 'The Purge 2'?!   'The Zone' Starts Shooting In December, Is It Actually 'The Purge 2'?! EmptyWed 06 Nov 2013, 12:45 pm

http://bloody-disgusting.com/news/3263199/the-zone-starts-shooting-in-december-is-it-actually-the-purge-2/

Update: Variety has confirmed that DeMonaco has firmed up his deal for The Purge 2 and that the film needs to startshooting before the end of the year.

I like how this one kind of almost went under the radar when in all likelihood it’ll be something of a big release next year. Earlier today Production Weekly tweeted a report about an upcoming project called The Zone.

It just so happens that The Zone is being produced by Jason Blum and Michael Bay (and Platinum Dunes) and will be distributed by Universal. Much like The Purge. In fact, that film’s writer/director James DeMonaco is also tackling those duties for this project. And it starts shooting in December here in Los Angeles.

Could this actually be The Purge 2? I’m thinking it is. We all know that a sequel is in development with DeMonaco attached to write and direct. The California Film Commission granted tax credits to The Purge 2 back in June, around the same time they granted tax credits to 30 or so other films, including the Entourage movie. If you’ve been following non-horror film news, you’ll know that Entourage has to start filming by January to receive those credits. I imagine the same goes for The Purge 2.

I am awaiting comment from Blumhouse and will update when they get back to me.
Back to top Go down

'The Zone' Starts Shooting In December, Is It Actually 'The Purge 2'?!
Page 1 of 1