Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Angela Lansbury wants to Murder reboot

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Dead
The Sports Guy
Dead

Male
Number of posts : 31046
Registration date : 2008-08-19

Angela Lansbury wants to Murder reboot Empty
PostSubject: Angela Lansbury wants to Murder reboot   Angela Lansbury wants to Murder reboot EmptyWed 13 Nov 2013, 5:57 pm

Angela Lansbury wants to Murder NBC.

As I mentioned a week or so back, the singing maven of the movie theater was supposed* to be involved with this new reboot of “Murder She Wrote” that the net is packaging as a weekly vehicle for Octavia Spencer.

It was made to sound like Lansbury was OK with the idea. Thing is, the 88-year-old veteran of stage and screen isn’t.

“I think it’s a mistake to call it `Murder, She Wrote,’” Lansbury tells the AP, “because `Murder, She Wrote’ will always be about a Cabot Cove and this wonderful little group of people who told those lovely stories and enjoyed a piece of that place, and also enjoyed Jessica Fletcher, who is a rare and very individual kind of person …

“So I’m sorry that they have to use the title `Murder, She Wrote,’ even though they have access to it and it’s their right.”

Lansbury likes Octavia Spencer’s work, but wish she wasn’t stealing her roles (though, I think Lansbury might be confused here, Spencer is supposed to be playing a new character – not Jessica Fletcher).

“I saw her in `The Help’ and thought she was absolutely wonderful, a lovely actress,” Lansbury said. “So I wish her well, but I wish it wasn’t in `Murder, She Wrote.’”

* She’d been approached, they say, but it might also have been PR spin to keep the purists at bay.

http://moviehole.net/201369799angela-lansbury-wants-to-murder-reboot
Back to top Go down
Did You Miss Her?
Hall Of Famer
Did You Miss Her?

Male
Number of posts : 9685
Job/hobbies : Stroking Zachary Quinto's Ego....
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Dolph Ziggler, Kofi Kingston, John Morrison, Santino, Edge, Christian, Cody Rhodes, Randy Orton, Sheamus, & CM Punk.
Favorite WWE Diva : Melina, Beth Phoenix, Layla, Alicia Fox, & Gail Kim.
Favorite TNA Wrestler : Daniels, MCMGs, Crimson, Amazing Redd, Eric Young, Matt Morgan, Kurt Angle, & Generation Me.
Favorite TNA Knockout : Winter, Brooke Tessmacher, Mickie James, Madison Rayne, & Angelina Love.
Registration date : 2008-07-27

Angela Lansbury wants to Murder reboot Empty
PostSubject: Re: Angela Lansbury wants to Murder reboot   Angela Lansbury wants to Murder reboot EmptyThu 14 Nov 2013, 1:34 am

Wendy Williams said they should rename it "Murder, She Tweeted" lol.
Back to top Go down

Angela Lansbury wants to Murder reboot
Page 1 of 1