Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Will Leo ('Wolf Of Wall Street') Be 21st Oscar Nominee From A Scorsese Movie?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
King Silva
King of Kings
King Silva

Male
Number of posts : 32652
Favorite WWE Wrestler : ---
Current and Former:
The Rock, JoMo, Ziggler, Edge, Orton, Y2J, Hardyz, + Rhodes!
Favorite WWE Diva : -------
ALL TIME
# 1} Lita
# 2} Trish Stratus
# 3} Mickie James
# 4} Gail Kim
# 5} Michelle McCool

Favorite TNA Wrestler : ----

Favorite TNA Knockout : ---
Registration date : 2009-09-30

Will Leo ('Wolf Of Wall Street') Be 21st Oscar Nominee From A Scorsese Movie? Empty
PostSubject: Will Leo ('Wolf Of Wall Street') Be 21st Oscar Nominee From A Scorsese Movie?   Will Leo ('Wolf Of Wall Street') Be 21st Oscar Nominee From A Scorsese Movie? EmptyMon 23 Dec 2013, 12:08 am

http://www.goldderby.com/news/5264/5289/wolf-of-wall-street-dicaprio-scorsese-oscars-film-news-13579086.html

Will Leo ('Wolf Of Wall Street') Be 21st Oscar Nominee From A Scorsese Movie? Scorsese-DiCaprio%281%29

Beginning with just his fourth film, helmer Martin Scorsese has been attracting Oscar attention for his actors and actresses. Back in 1974, Ellen Burstyn ("Alice Doesn't Live Here Anymore") was rewarded for her faith in the relative newcomer with a win for Best Actress. She couldn't attend the ceremony as she was starring on Broadway in "Same Time, Next Year" for which she would win the Tony Award a few months later.

In all, Scorsese has directed five Oscar-winning performances: Burstyn; Best Actors Robert DeNiro ("Raging Bull," 1980) and Paul Newman ("The Color of Money," 1986); Best Supporting Actor Joe Pesci ("Goodfellas," 1990; and Best Supporting Actress Cate Blanchett ("The Aviator," 2004); and

Only three helmers -- William Wyler (14), Elia Kazan (9), and Woody Allen (6) -- have directed more people to Oscars.

Scorsese has also directed 15 performances that at least reaped Oscar nominations. To see them all, click on the photo gallery at the bottom of this post.

One of those nominations went to Leonardo DiCaprio for his portrayal of Howard Hughes in "The Aviator." This year, the director and actor have reunited for their fifth film together -- "The Wolf of Wall Street." Could it bring three-time also-ran Leo his Oscar? After all, their second film together -- "The Departed" in 2006 -- won Best Picture and finally got Scorsese his Oscar on his sixth try.

Vote for who you think will win Best Actor below using our easy drag-and-drop menu

The combined total of 20 nominations has Scorsese in a tie for fourth place with Fred Zinnemann, behind Wyler (36), George Cukor (21), and Kazan (24). Following them are Mike Nichols (18), Sidney Lumet (18), George Stevens (18), Billy Wilder (17), Allen (16), and Stanley Kramer (16).
Back to top Go down
Angelus
WD Stalker
Angelus

Number of posts : 11345
Registration date : 2008-08-24

Will Leo ('Wolf Of Wall Street') Be 21st Oscar Nominee From A Scorsese Movie? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Will Leo ('Wolf Of Wall Street') Be 21st Oscar Nominee From A Scorsese Movie?   Will Leo ('Wolf Of Wall Street') Be 21st Oscar Nominee From A Scorsese Movie? EmptyWed 25 Dec 2013, 6:45 pm

I heard a bunch of people talkin about this movie it's one that I think will either be good or I will completly dislike it. I don't think there is gonna be a between for this to fall in as It will get compared to Wall Street & Wall Street Movie Never Sleeps
Back to top Go down
King Silva
King of Kings
King Silva

Male
Number of posts : 32652
Favorite WWE Wrestler : ---
Current and Former:
The Rock, JoMo, Ziggler, Edge, Orton, Y2J, Hardyz, + Rhodes!
Favorite WWE Diva : -------
ALL TIME
# 1} Lita
# 2} Trish Stratus
# 3} Mickie James
# 4} Gail Kim
# 5} Michelle McCool

Favorite TNA Wrestler : ----

Favorite TNA Knockout : ---
Registration date : 2009-09-30

PostSubject: Re: Will Leo ('Wolf Of Wall Street') Be 21st Oscar Nominee From A Scorsese Movie?   Will Leo ('Wolf Of Wall Street') Be 21st Oscar Nominee From A Scorsese Movie? EmptyThu 26 Dec 2013, 7:55 pm

Yeah the reactions from people are very good or very bad.

I need to see it to see where I fall.

I like Leo a lot so I think I'll be more on the good side but I'll find out for sure later on.

As for him getting an Oscar nomination sadly it doesn't seem like it will happen.

This upcoming Best Actor race is STACKED so a lot of worthy performances will miss out on a nomination. Teary Eyed
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Will Leo ('Wolf Of Wall Street') Be 21st Oscar Nominee From A Scorsese Movie?   Will Leo ('Wolf Of Wall Street') Be 21st Oscar Nominee From A Scorsese Movie? Empty

Back to top Go down

Will Leo ('Wolf Of Wall Street') Be 21st Oscar Nominee From A Scorsese Movie?
Page 1 of 1