Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

How I Met Creators Apologize for Racism Allegations

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Dead
The Sports Guy
Dead

Male
Number of posts : 31046
Registration date : 2008-08-19

How I Met Creators Apologize for Racism Allegations Empty
PostSubject: How I Met Creators Apologize for Racism Allegations   How I Met Creators Apologize for Racism Allegations EmptyThu 16 Jan 2014, 7:20 pm

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/01/16/how-i-met-your-mother-creators-apologize-for-racism?abthid=52d83f4e1c30470102000038

How I Met Your Mother's latest episode "Slapsgiving 3: Slappointment in Slapmarra" was under fire this week for its decision to depict three of its white co-stars Josh Radnor, Cobie Smulders and Alyson Hannigan in what's being described as "yellowface" -- that is, they were dressed up like stereotypical Kung Fu masters (in this case, slap-fu masters) and delivering their lines in faux Asian accents.

These overtones prompted ire from many viewers who saw them as racist and who coined the hashtag #HowIMetYourRacism on Twitter. Today, HIMYM creators Carter Bays and Craig Thomas responded to the controversy, offering an apology to fans:

"Hey guys, sorry this took so long. [Craig Thomas] and I want to say a few words about ‪#HowIMetYourRacism‬," Bays wrote from his Twitter account. "With Monday's episode, we set out to make a silly and unabashedly immature homage to Kung Fu movies, a genre we've always loved. But along the way we offended people. We're deeply sorry, and we’re grateful to everyone who spoke up to make us aware of it. We try to make a show that's universal, that anyone can watch and enjoy. We fell short of that this week, and feel terrible about it. To everyone we offended, I hope we can regain your friendship, and end this series on a note of goodwill. Thanks."

Eight episodes of HIMYM's final season still remain, with the finale scheduled for March 31st. You can read IGN's review of "Slapsgiving 3" here.
Back to top Go down
King Silva
King of Kings
King Silva

Male
Number of posts : 32652
Favorite WWE Wrestler : ---
Current and Former:
The Rock, JoMo, Ziggler, Edge, Orton, Y2J, Hardyz, + Rhodes!
Favorite WWE Diva : -------
ALL TIME
# 1} Lita
# 2} Trish Stratus
# 3} Mickie James
# 4} Gail Kim
# 5} Michelle McCool

Favorite TNA Wrestler : ----

Favorite TNA Knockout : ---
Registration date : 2009-09-30

How I Met Creators Apologize for Racism Allegations Empty
PostSubject: Re: How I Met Creators Apologize for Racism Allegations   How I Met Creators Apologize for Racism Allegations EmptyFri 17 Jan 2014, 4:46 am

Pretty stupid on their part.

But all they can really do is apologize so moving on!..
Back to top Go down

How I Met Creators Apologize for Racism Allegations
Page 1 of 1