Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ellen Page Reveals That She's Gay

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Dead
The Sports Guy
Dead

Male
Number of posts : 31046
Registration date : 2008-08-19

Ellen Page Reveals That She's Gay  Empty
PostSubject: Ellen Page Reveals That She's Gay    Ellen Page Reveals That She's Gay  EmptySat 15 Feb 2014, 11:40 am

Ellen Page has revealed that she is a lesbian. THR reports that Page came out during her speech at the Time to Thrive conference, which is put together by the Human Rights Campaign to promote safety, inclusion and well-being for LGBTQ youth. Page told the audience during her speech, "I'm here today because I am gay."

She added, "I am tired of hiding and I am tired of lying by omission. I suffered for years because I was scared to be out. My spirit suffered, my mental health suffered and my relationships suffered. And I'm standing here today, with all of you, on the other side of all that pain...It's weird because here I am, an actress, representing -- at least in some sense -- an industry that places crushing standards on all of us. Not just young people, but everyone. Standards of beauty. Of a good life. Of success. Standards that, I hate to admit, have affected me. You have ideas planted in your head, thoughts you never had before, that tell you how you have to act, how you have to dress and who you have to be. I have been trying to push back, to be authentic, to follow my heart, but it can be hard."

The HRC posted the following to Twitter:

HumanRightsCampaign ✔ @HRC
Follow
Congratulations, @EllenPage for taking the steps to live openly and come out as lesbian. #comingout #timetoTHRIVE http://www.hrc.org/blog/entry/hrc-congratulates-ellen-page-on-her-brave-decision-to-live-openly-and-authe …
10:05 PM - 14 Feb 2014

Read more at http://www.411mania.com/movies/news/313269/[Gossip]-UPDATED:-Ellen-Page-Reveals-That-She//s-Gay.htm#Puh1ibS65yFXpMI2.99
Back to top Go down
Did You Miss Her?
Hall Of Famer
Did You Miss Her?

Male
Number of posts : 9685
Job/hobbies : Stroking Zachary Quinto's Ego....
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Dolph Ziggler, Kofi Kingston, John Morrison, Santino, Edge, Christian, Cody Rhodes, Randy Orton, Sheamus, & CM Punk.
Favorite WWE Diva : Melina, Beth Phoenix, Layla, Alicia Fox, & Gail Kim.
Favorite TNA Wrestler : Daniels, MCMGs, Crimson, Amazing Redd, Eric Young, Matt Morgan, Kurt Angle, & Generation Me.
Favorite TNA Knockout : Winter, Brooke Tessmacher, Mickie James, Madison Rayne, & Angelina Love.
Registration date : 2008-07-27

PostSubject: Re: Ellen Page Reveals That She's Gay    Ellen Page Reveals That She's Gay  EmptySat 15 Feb 2014, 8:37 pm

I still love her either way.
Back to top Go down
King Silva
King of Kings
King Silva

Male
Number of posts : 32652
Favorite WWE Wrestler : ---
Current and Former:
The Rock, JoMo, Ziggler, Edge, Orton, Y2J, Hardyz, + Rhodes!
Favorite WWE Diva : -------
ALL TIME
# 1} Lita
# 2} Trish Stratus
# 3} Mickie James
# 4} Gail Kim
# 5} Michelle McCool

Favorite TNA Wrestler : ----

Favorite TNA Knockout : ---
Registration date : 2009-09-30

PostSubject: Re: Ellen Page Reveals That She's Gay    Ellen Page Reveals That She's Gay  EmptySun 16 Feb 2014, 7:56 am

Her speech was awesome.

Good for her!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ellen Page Reveals That She's Gay    Ellen Page Reveals That She's Gay  Empty

Back to top Go down

Ellen Page Reveals That She's Gay
Page 1 of 1