Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Fox Chooses 'Fantastic Four' Reboot Stars!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
King Silva
King of Kings
King Silva

Male
Number of posts : 32652
Favorite WWE Wrestler : ---
Current and Former:
The Rock, JoMo, Ziggler, Edge, Orton, Y2J, Hardyz, + Rhodes!
Favorite WWE Diva : -------
ALL TIME
# 1} Lita
# 2} Trish Stratus
# 3} Mickie James
# 4} Gail Kim
# 5} Michelle McCool

Favorite TNA Wrestler : ----

Favorite TNA Knockout : ---
Registration date : 2009-09-30

Fox Chooses 'Fantastic Four' Reboot Stars!  Empty
PostSubject: Fox Chooses 'Fantastic Four' Reboot Stars!    Fox Chooses 'Fantastic Four' Reboot Stars!  EmptyThu 20 Feb 2014, 3:49 am

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/fox-chooses-fantastic-four-reboot-681868

Fox Chooses 'Fantastic Four' Reboot Stars!  Jordan_mara_bell_teller_a_l

Fox is in the final stages of finding its actors for Fantastic Four.

Sources tell THR that the studio is making deals with Miles Teller, Kate Mara, Michael B. Jordan and Jamie Bell to star in the project that reboots the Marvel superheroes. Josh Trank is directing.

Fantastic Four was the very first comic produced by the Marvel Comics’ 1960s golden age and featured a brilliant scientist, his pilot best friend, his girlfriend and her brother who are turned into heroes Mr. Fantastic, The Thing, Invisible Girl and the Human Torch. They fought aliens and monsters but their arch-foe was Dr. Doom, a onetime roommate of the scientist.

Fox has been working furiously on the reboot (slated for release on June 19, 2015), which almost came together with a cast last fall before rewrites delayed it. The project has gone through its fair share of writers but now has a script execs and filmmakers are happy with. That generated a new round of tests and chemistry reads in earlier in February.

Jordan, who is playing the Human Torch, has been involved with the project for a while as the studio has on option on the actor due to his starring in the found footage sci-fi hit Chronicle, also directed by Trank. (Jordan’s involvement, first revealed last year, initially rankled comic purists since the character, Johnny Storm, is a blonde-haired white young man but is being reconceived in this version.)

Mara won the role of Sue Storm aka Invisible Girl via a round of screentests previously reported by THR.

The come-from-behind actor here is Bell, who emerged as the choice for the role of Ben Grimm, aka the forceful rockman named The Thing after initial tests failed to produce a candidate execs could agree on.

Teller, meanwhile, would play Reed Richards, aka the stretchable Mr. Fantastic, but that’s if scheduling issues can be worked out. Teller is coming off starring in the Sundance hit Whiplash but even before then was emerging as an in-demand actor. The John Belushi biopic which is due to shoot this spring is one of the projects vying for his attention.

This is Fox’s second round of making a Fantastic Four franchise. The first round, which consisted of two movies, released in 2005 and 2007, and saw Ioan Gruffudd play Richards, Jessica Alba as Sue Storm/Invisible Girl, Chris Evans as the Johnny Storm and Michael Chiklis as Grimm.

The new cast may not be household names or A-listers but in terms of a next gen "best of" class it can’t be beat. Teller is on the rise and fielding multiple offers, Jordan is nominated for an Indie Spirit for his acclaimed work in Fruitvale Station, and Mara has cachet due to co-starring in House of Cards. Brit thespian Bell is one of the stars of Lars von Trier’s Nymphomaniac.
Back to top Go down
Angelus
WD Stalker
Angelus

Number of posts : 11345
Registration date : 2008-08-24

PostSubject: Re: Fox Chooses 'Fantastic Four' Reboot Stars!    Fox Chooses 'Fantastic Four' Reboot Stars!  EmptyThu 20 Feb 2014, 11:02 am

Why are they trying to change characters ethnicity. Ain't a big fan of it
Back to top Go down
#WeWantTaryn
Divas Lover.
#WeWantTaryn

Male
Number of posts : 7477
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Roman Reigns
Daniel Bryan
Jimmy & Jey Uso
Seth Rollins
Dolph Ziggler
Antonio Cesaro

Favorite WWE Diva : AJ Lee
Alicia Fox

Favorite TNA Wrestler : EC3
Austin Aries
MVP
Roode
Bobby Lashley
Kenny King
Favorite TNA Knockout : Taryn Terrell
Brittany
Angelina Love
Registration date : 2008-06-28

PostSubject: Re: Fox Chooses 'Fantastic Four' Reboot Stars!    Fox Chooses 'Fantastic Four' Reboot Stars!  EmptyThu 20 Feb 2014, 12:45 pm

Michael B Jordan is an Awesome Actor so glad he got the role.Not feeling the other 3 at all.They Could of picked better actors.
Back to top Go down
Angelus
WD Stalker
Angelus

Number of posts : 11345
Registration date : 2008-08-24

PostSubject: Re: Fox Chooses 'Fantastic Four' Reboot Stars!    Fox Chooses 'Fantastic Four' Reboot Stars!  EmptyThu 20 Feb 2014, 3:22 pm

Jordan will make this movie fail bad. He don't fit the character and the sister casted is white. What is he gonna be adopted now.
Back to top Go down
#WeWantTaryn
Divas Lover.
#WeWantTaryn

Male
Number of posts : 7477
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Roman Reigns
Daniel Bryan
Jimmy & Jey Uso
Seth Rollins
Dolph Ziggler
Antonio Cesaro

Favorite WWE Diva : AJ Lee
Alicia Fox

Favorite TNA Wrestler : EC3
Austin Aries
MVP
Roode
Bobby Lashley
Kenny King
Favorite TNA Knockout : Taryn Terrell
Brittany
Angelina Love
Registration date : 2008-06-28

PostSubject: Re: Fox Chooses 'Fantastic Four' Reboot Stars!    Fox Chooses 'Fantastic Four' Reboot Stars!  EmptyThu 20 Feb 2014, 5:08 pm

We don't know Anything yet so I'm not gonna judge this yet.I personally have no problem with a black man playing Johnny Storm.
Back to top Go down
Serial
World Champion
World Champion
Serial

Male
Number of posts : 2062
Job/hobbies : At home, drawing pictures of mountain tops.
Favorite WWE Wrestler : CM Punk, Daniel Bryan, Santino Marella, The Shield.
Favorite WWE Diva : AJ, Summer Rae, Rosa Mendes, Paige.
Favorite TNA Wrestler : AJ Styles, Christopher Daniels, Samoa Joe, TJ Perkins.
Favorite TNA Knockout : Taryn Terrell, Velvet Sky, Brooke Tessmacher, Christy Hemme.
Registration date : 2010-12-23

PostSubject: Re: Fox Chooses 'Fantastic Four' Reboot Stars!    Fox Chooses 'Fantastic Four' Reboot Stars!  EmptyThu 20 Feb 2014, 6:12 pm

I wouldn't have an issue if Sue Storm was black as well, because then it'd make sense. Michael B. Jordan is a solid actor, but I don't know about that role for him. The cast overall makes it seem like FF is going to be a 'bromedy' rather than a hero movie.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dafk.net/what/
Dead
The Sports Guy
Dead

Male
Number of posts : 31046
Registration date : 2008-08-19

PostSubject: Re: Fox Chooses 'Fantastic Four' Reboot Stars!    Fox Chooses 'Fantastic Four' Reboot Stars!  EmptyThu 20 Feb 2014, 6:24 pm

Angelus wrote:
Why are they trying to change characters ethnicity. Ain't a big fan of it

Go ask Marvel, theyre the ones who are changing them constantly in the comic books.
Back to top Go down
King Silva
King of Kings
King Silva

Male
Number of posts : 32652
Favorite WWE Wrestler : ---
Current and Former:
The Rock, JoMo, Ziggler, Edge, Orton, Y2J, Hardyz, + Rhodes!
Favorite WWE Diva : -------
ALL TIME
# 1} Lita
# 2} Trish Stratus
# 3} Mickie James
# 4} Gail Kim
# 5} Michelle McCool

Favorite TNA Wrestler : ----

Favorite TNA Knockout : ---
Registration date : 2009-09-30

PostSubject: Re: Fox Chooses 'Fantastic Four' Reboot Stars!    Fox Chooses 'Fantastic Four' Reboot Stars!  EmptyFri 21 Feb 2014, 6:05 am

I don't know about a black Torch. I really like Jordan as an actor (and the director and him are good friends so no shock he gave Michael the job) but it will take some getting used to because every time I've seen Torch he was white.  :-/

I would guess they will say he is adopted or something?

The other 3 actors cast don't really interest me much.

I do like Mara on House of Cards and Teller from The Spectacular Now but I think they could have got better people for the part.

I think they should have cast Margot Robbie (The Wolf of Wall Street) as Sue Storm because she is hot, blonde, an it girl (basically the reason they cast Teller since he is a 'hot' actor atm), and she is as tall as Sue is in in the comics, 5 foot 6.

Mara is 3 inches too short and she doesn't even look good blonde!

This (and google is your friend if you want to see better pics I can't post here):
Fox Chooses 'Fantastic Four' Reboot Stars!  Margot-robbie-bra-underwear-wolf-of-wall-street-1124x660

Is better than this:

Fox Chooses 'Fantastic Four' Reboot Stars!  Rs_634x951-140213101744-634.gq-kate-mara-1-021314
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fox Chooses 'Fantastic Four' Reboot Stars!    Fox Chooses 'Fantastic Four' Reboot Stars!  Empty

Back to top Go down

Fox Chooses 'Fantastic Four' Reboot Stars!
Page 1 of 1