Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

TNA's Backstage Reaction To Davey Richards Leg Injury - Will 'The Wolves' Be Stripped Of The Titles?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Angelus
WD Stalker
Angelus

Number of posts : 11345
Registration date : 2008-08-24

TNA's Backstage Reaction To Davey Richards Leg Injury - Will 'The Wolves' Be Stripped Of The Titles? Empty
PostSubject: TNA's Backstage Reaction To Davey Richards Leg Injury - Will 'The Wolves' Be Stripped Of The Titles?   TNA's Backstage Reaction To Davey Richards Leg Injury - Will 'The Wolves' Be Stripped Of The Titles? EmptySun 17 Aug 2014, 12:14 am

UPDATE x 2: TNA is currently taking a "wait and see" approach to the tag title situation after Davey Richards broke his leg. They are in no hurry to make a decision because they have enough television taped to last until September 25. If Richards will be out of action more than a month or two, they will strip the Wolves of the belts.

Right now, they are planning to keep the titles on the team. It all depends on how long of a recovery Richards will need.

UPDATE: As previously reported, Davey Richards suffered a broken tibia last night in Indiana, Pennsylvania. The spot happened when he went for a baseball slide to the outside of the ring and his foot was caught in the mat. It's the same kind of freak accident that led to Rob Van Dam's broken ankle in ECW in 1999.

Richards wrote on Twitter: "Thanks so much to everyone for the best wishes- truly amazing. I'll be ok- could always be worse!! I can't help but be thankful for the injury. It truly shows the greatness of the fans and the place I work for. Human compassion is amazing."

TNA has already taped television for the next several weeks so a title change is not immediately needed due to the injury.

ORIGINAL: Current TNA tag team champion, Davey Richards, reportedly broke his leg during a match between The Wolves vs. Devon and Mr. Anderson at last night's TNA house show in Indiana, Pennsylvania. Richards was taken out of the match early due to his leg injury, and Abyss came in to replace him.

Richards was reportedly taken to the hospital, and he was diagnosed with a broken fibula. Later on in the match, EC3 took out Abyss, leaving Edwards by himself to win the match. Richards later posted the following message on his Twitter account:

Sorry to fans in Indiana & to the fans in Washington & Hagerstown. I broke my leg in the main event tonight and will b out for a bit.
Back to top Go down

TNA's Backstage Reaction To Davey Richards Leg Injury - Will 'The Wolves' Be Stripped Of The Titles?
Page 1 of 1