Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ring of Honor Newswire for May 20

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Dead
The Sports Guy
Dead

Male
Number of posts : 31046
Registration date : 2008-08-19

Ring of Honor Newswire for May 20 Empty
PostSubject: Ring of Honor Newswire for May 20   Ring of Honor Newswire for May 20 EmptyThu 21 May 2009, 5:10 pm

May 20th: In case you missed the big news, we now know that Tyler Black has selected to face Jimmy Jacobs in a Steel Cage Match on June 26th in Detroit! The announcement of Black’s choice was made yesterday afternoon in the main page article entitled “Disappointment?”(http://www.rohwrestling.com/news/article.aspx?id=2810). The article begs the question – what is going through the mind of Jimmy Jacobs? Between the First Blood match signed for June 13th at the Hammerstein, and now this brutal cage match, one has to wonder. Tickets for both New York and Detroit are on sale now at www.rohwrestling.com! And don’t forget that ROH Ambassador Ric Flair will be on hand in both cities!

May 20th: The latest Ring of Honor Videowire is up and available for viewing at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PXJlX8dVMYA, with words from Chris Hero, the American Wolves w/ Shane Hagadorn, World Champion Jerry Lynn, ROH Ambassador Ric Flair, and a look at this week’s episode of ROH on HDNet!

May 20th: El Generico contacted ROH officials late yesterday after seeing another orthopedic surgeon for his injured knee. While he has a meniscus tear, and the possibility of surgical repair still exists, doctors have medically cleared Generico to perform! And perform he will! He will be on hand for the May 29th and 30th ROH on HDNet National Television tapings in Philly, and will be involved in the 5th of the 6 main events to be filmed. And revenge will be on his mind as the American Wolves will team with “that Young Knockout Kid” Chris Hero to take on Kevin Steen, the returning El Generico, and KENTA! Tickets are available now at www.rohwrestling.com. This 6 Man Tag Team match is a main event anywhere in the world!

May 20th: Get ready Manassas, with Generico’s clearance yesterday comes a tremendous tag team match for June 12th. The knee of Generico will be tested as he and Kevin Steen will team to face Nick and Matt Jackson, the Young Bucks! If the Bucks can score the upset in Manassas, they will be well on their way to securing a permanent spot in the ROH tag team division! Tickets are on sale now!

May 20th: The 6th and final television main event has also been signed, and it will pit two of the very best in the world against one another for the third time. The first bout went to a brilliant time limit draw. The second incredible match ended in a double countout. Since then, these men have teamed and wrestled an absolute classic for the World Tag Team Titles. On May 30th in Philly at the Arena it will be Danielson-Black III. And should Black and Danielson defeat the American Wolves on the 29th, there is the intriguing possibility that this match could feature the ROH World Tag Team Champions against each other! One thing is for certain, this match promises to be another can’t miss classic. Get your tickets now at www.rohwrestling.com!

May 20th: Are you keeping up with ROH on Twitter? Visit twitter.com/rohonhdnet and stay informed!

May 20th: Speaking of Tyler Black, he was set to face Jerry Lynn for the ROH World Title before a lingering neck injury put him on the shelf. Now in Manassas on June 12th, he’s signed once again to face Lynn. But this time, it is going to be a non-title match. “Tyler is a great athlete,” said Lynn. “And on any other occasion I’d gladly put the title up. But I’m preparing for Austin Aries on June 13th. This will be my biggest test on my biggest stage. Tyler wi ll have his chance again, believe me.” While Tyler isn’t happy about the match being non-title, he understands. “I know Jerry is preparing for Aries, just like I’m preparing for Jacobs. In fact, I can help him be ready for Austin. But Jerry better be ready in Manassas, because whether or not we both have other battles on our mind, I’m going to be prepared to beat him. Title or not.” Should Black and Danielson capture the tag titles in Philadelphia, their scheduled matches in Manassas and New York will change.

May 20th: ROH officials are happy to announce that former World Champion, Nigel McGuinness, will be on hand in Manassas and New York. He will make an appearance on both events.

May 20th: In Boston, Jimmy Rave and the Embassy attacked the Necro Butcher and the “crown jewel” disgustingly insulted Necro by repeatedly spitting in his face. In Edison, Rave showed his true colors by doing everything he could to avoid the madman. But now he won’t have the chance to run or hide behind anyone, as signed for New York on June 13th is Jimmy Rave versus the Necro Butcher in singles competition! Prince Nana left the door open by not keeping his eye on an open contract that Rave signed for the date, and word has it that Colt Cabana was the one that noticed it. “I will take care Boo Boo Cabana in due time,” said the Prince. “He has put my crown jewel in harm ways, but that hillbilly Butcher will not harm a hair on Jimmy Rave’s head in that dump New York City. I will see to it.”

May 20th: The following talents will be on hand when Ring of Honor returns to Detroit on June 26th and Chicago on June 27th: Austin Aries, Davey Richards, Brent Albright, Colt Cabana, D’Lo Brown, Bryan Danielson, Delirious with Daizee Haze, and “Skullkrusher” Rasche Brown. These names are in addition to the previous announcement of Petey Williams, Joey Ryan, KENTA, and “Nature Boy” Ric Flair. More talent and match announcements will be forthcoming. Tickets to both events are on sale now at www.rohwrestling.com!
Back to top Go down

Ring of Honor Newswire for May 20
Page 1 of 1