Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Paula Abdul leaving 'Idol,' Fox confirms

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Angelus
WD Stalker
Angelus

Number of posts : 11345
Registration date : 2008-08-24

Paula Abdul leaving 'Idol,' Fox confirms Empty
PostSubject: Paula Abdul leaving 'Idol,' Fox confirms   Paula Abdul leaving 'Idol,' Fox confirms EmptyWed 05 Aug 2009, 3:52 pm

Paula Abdul has announced on her Twitter feed, and Fox has confirmed, that she will not return to American Idol for another season. Abdul gave notice through proper channels before posting on Twitter, according to a Fox spokesperson. A source familiar with the negotiation says Abdul walked away from a 30 percent raise and an eight-figure deal. Below is the full statement from Abdul:

“With sadness in my heart, I’ve decided not to return to IDOL. I’ll miss nurturing all the new talent, but most of all being a part of a show that I helped from day 1 become an international phenomenon. What I want to say most, is how much I appreciate the undying support and enormous love that you have showered upon me. It truly has been breathtaking, especially over the past month. I do without any doubt have the BEST fans in the entire world and I love you all.”

The full statement from Fox:

“Paula Abdul has been an important part of the American Idol family over the last eight seasons and we are saddened that she has decided not to return to the show. While Paula will not be continuing with us, she’s a tremendous talent and we wish her the best.”

Fellow judges Randy Jackson and Simon Cowell – who has said in the past that he does not want to do Idol without Abdul — are not commenting. Idol host Ryan Seacrest posted a response on Twitter: “I am shocked and saddened.”
Back to top Go down
Mia
Shield Believer
Shield Believer
Mia

Female
Number of posts : 13322
Job/hobbies : zombies
Favorite WWE Wrestler :
Seth Rollins
Roman Reigns
Dean Ambrose
Sami Zayn
Adrian Neville
Antonio Cesaro
Dolph Ziggler
Corey Graves
Sheamus
Christian
Edge
CM Punk

Favorite WWE Diva :
Paige
Emma
Michelle
Eve
Maryse
ivory
trish
lita

Favorite TNA Wrestler : Roode
Aries
Bully Ray
Storm
The Wolves

Favorite TNA Knockout : Brooke
Christy
Taryn

Registration date : 2008-07-03

Paula Abdul leaving 'Idol,' Fox confirms Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paula Abdul leaving 'Idol,' Fox confirms   Paula Abdul leaving 'Idol,' Fox confirms EmptyThu 06 Aug 2009, 5:09 am

that sucks. i actually liked her on there.. she did some crazy stuff at times.
Back to top Go down

Paula Abdul leaving 'Idol,' Fox confirms
Page 1 of 1