Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Paula Abdul: Guest on 'So You Think...'?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Angelus
WD Stalker
Angelus

Number of posts : 11345
Registration date : 2008-08-24

Paula Abdul: Guest on 'So You Think...'? Empty
PostSubject: Paula Abdul: Guest on 'So You Think...'?   Paula Abdul: Guest on 'So You Think...'? EmptyThu 06 Aug 2009, 2:32 pm

WHO: Judges Nigel Lythgoe, Mary Murphy, choreographers/guest judges Mia Michaels, Adam Shankman, host Cat Deeley, plus performances by Phillip Chbeeb, Jason Glover, Caitlin Kinney, Ade Obayomi, and Melissa Strong.
PREDICTIONS: Questions about when (not if) Paula Abdul will join the judging panel.

9:01 am/PST: Interesting that Fox slotted this panel before the exec session. Maybe they thought we’d get all the Paula Abdul questions out of our systems here and have nothing left for entertainment prez Kevin Reilly. As if!

9:04 am: Fox is once again trying to butter us up with free DVDs, coffee table books, and fattening snacks. Lots of fattening snacks.

9:18 am: With the live performance portion of the session out of the way, the panelists take to the stage and the Abdul question kicks things off. Lythgoe says he would ”absolutely” be interested in having Abdul join Dance. “I don’t know anybody who has had her experience being a dancer, choreographer, and a judge. I spoke to her yesterday morning. I didn’t discuss her negotiations [with Idol], but I said we were going to Vegas for Season 6 and I asked her if she would be available [to join us]. She’s going to come out and meet me [and discuss it].” He adds that he’s not convinced that her Idol days are behind her. ” I don’t even know that she’s going to leave Idol. Until Idol goes on the air [in January], there are still opportunities for renegotiations.”

9:32 am: Lythgoe invited Abdul to attend tonight’s Dance finale “but she’s on the East Coast working so she can’t come.”

9:33 am: Regarding the gay dance controversy from earlier this season, Lythgoe says he wasn’t ridiculing the same-sex duo’s “way of life. I didn’t go out there saying I don’t like homosexuals touching each other. I didn’t like [the way they danced].” In terms of how the routine was packaged and edited, he says (rather unconvincingly) that moving forward “we’ll think a lot more if it’s offensive.”

9:36 am: Lythgoe clarifies his earlier remarks re: Abdul: He’s not interested in having her join Dance as a full-time judge. A more likely scenario has her coming on as a guest judge. “I’m not a huge fan of four judges,” he says. “I don’t mind a fourth guest judge now and then… So, no, I’m not talking about [Abdul permanently] filling a third chair or a fourth chair.”
Back to top Go down
Mia
Shield Believer
Shield Believer
Mia

Female
Number of posts : 13322
Job/hobbies : zombies
Favorite WWE Wrestler :
Seth Rollins
Roman Reigns
Dean Ambrose
Sami Zayn
Adrian Neville
Antonio Cesaro
Dolph Ziggler
Corey Graves
Sheamus
Christian
Edge
CM Punk

Favorite WWE Diva :
Paige
Emma
Michelle
Eve
Maryse
ivory
trish
lita

Favorite TNA Wrestler : Roode
Aries
Bully Ray
Storm
The Wolves

Favorite TNA Knockout : Brooke
Christy
Taryn

Registration date : 2008-07-03

Paula Abdul: Guest on 'So You Think...'? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paula Abdul: Guest on 'So You Think...'?   Paula Abdul: Guest on 'So You Think...'? EmptyFri 07 Aug 2009, 4:47 am

thats interesting. shed be cool to have as a guest judge
Back to top Go down

Paula Abdul: Guest on 'So You Think...'?
Page 1 of 1