Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Hailey's Newsies Issue 52 - August 25th 2009

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Eric
Hall Of Famer
Eric

Male
Number of posts : 6318
Favorite WWE Diva : Top 5
(Including NXT)
#1 - Nikki Bella
#2 - Charlotte
#3 - Summer Rae
#4 - Eva Marie
#5 - Alicia Fox
Favorite TNA Knockout : Top 5
#1 - Brooke
#2 - Taryn Terrell
#3 - Angelina Love
#4 - Brittany
#5 - Gail Kim
Registration date : 2008-11-15

Hailey's Newsies Issue 52 - August 25th 2009 Empty
PostSubject: Hailey's Newsies Issue 52 - August 25th 2009   Hailey's Newsies Issue 52 - August 25th 2009 EmptyTue 25 Aug 2009, 7:48 pm

I'm having trouble getting my graphics program and that's why, again Youtube's Favorite TNA Knockout is pushed to next week, and so is ADW.

Carwin vs. Lesnar

Shane Carwin becomes the next man to challenge Brock Lesnar for the UFC Heavyweight Championship.

At UFC 106 in Las Vegas, Nevada, Lesnar will be defending the title against Carwin. The event will take place on November 21, 2009 at the Mandalay Bay Events Center.

The original plan had called for Carwin to face Cain Velasquez at UFC 104 to determine the number one contender. However, Dana White and UFC officials decided to immediately name Carwin the top contender for the belt.

There are those that believe that UFC named Carwin the top challenger because of the animosity that he has towards Lesnar. Carwin was highly critical of Lesnar's behavior after he defeated Frank Mir last month.

Carwin is currently undefeated in MMA, with a record of 11-0 (he is 4-0 in UFC). At 6'3", 250 pounds, he is one of the few fighters in the world that can match up in size and strength with Lesnar. He also is the only fighter in UFC that has hands larger than Lesnar (both wear customized gloves).

Wrestlers Competing For Role

Christian vs Dolph Ziggler vs the Miz vs John Morrison.

Sounds like a pretty good fatal four way match, doesn't it? Well, these four guys are going to be battling all right. However, it's not being done in the squared circle.

No, these four guys are currently competing for the same movie role. It's not yet known what the movie is, but it has been revealed that it is a WWE Films movie.

WWE is currently trying to get other wrestlers involved in their movie projects. Generally, it's been John Cena that's involved in the movies (Ted DiBiase, Kane, and Mr Kennedy have had roles as well). The company wants more diversity in their film projects now.

Christian may have the slight edge in the competition. He's had parts in movies before (including a small role in Shoot 'Em Up). Plus, he just seems to be the most charismatic one in the group (slight edge over the Miz).

New DX Shirt

The new DX shirt (with HHH & HBK on a tank) is finally available.

http://www.wweshop.com/Product_detail.asp?productId=01-10803

Heat on McCool

Michelle McCool does not have a lot of friends in the TNA locker room.

The WWE Women's Champion has a lot of backstage heat from the wrestlers in TNA because of her finishing move, which is the exact duplicate of the Styles Clash that AJ Styles popularized. The move is widely regarded as Styles' finisher within the industry.

When it comes to taking another wrestler's finishing move, there's a tradition in wrestling that requires a person to ask for permission before using it. Michelle failed to do that. In fact, when someone in WWE confronted her about the move, she stated that she saw it being performed in TNA, so she just decided to start using it.

People in TNA were informed of the conversation, and it led to even more heat on her. Michelle already has a bad reputation in the business for her backstage attitude. Many don't feel that she has respect for the business. Plus, her real life relationship with the Undertaker gives her a lot more backstage stroke that a wrestler of her stature would have.

Miz Responds to JBL's Criticism

The Miz has finally responded to the criticism from JBL.

During a recent interview with the Miami Herald, the Miz was asked about the criticism that JBL laid on him while the former WWE star was working as the Smackdown play by play announcer. Back when the Miz was working on Smackdown, JBL would take unscripted shots at the former reality TV star.

The belief is that JBL did not like the Miz because he came into the wrestling business through the reality TV circuit as opposed to coming up through the more traditional route.

The following is what the Miz had to say.

Quote:

"I deal with it like I do everything. I ignore it. You've got to have thick skin in this business. You have to understand not everyone is going to like you, and that's fine because I have enough confidence in myself that I don't need people having to cheer me or like me. Fact is I'm going to do my best. All I want people to do is to watch what I'm going to do next. I want people to understand that I am the most entertaining and charismatic person on that brand."

Power 25 Divas - August 22nd 2009

20 - Michelle McCool
It has been several weeks since we have seen the Women's Champion in action. However, she did join the commentary team during the Divas Tag Team Match on SmackDown.

16 - Mickie James
With her title on the line, Mickie James stepped it up against No. 1 contender Gail Kim. It's no surprise that the Divas Champion will fight with all her might to stay atop Raw's Divas division.

Falling off the Power 25
Gail Kim
After her Divas Championship opportunity slipped through her fingers on Raw, Gail Kim loses her spot on the Power 25.

Almost making the Power 25
Beth Phoenix
Arguably the most powerful Diva to ever step foot in the ring, The Glamazon looked impressive in her win over Kelly Kelly on "WWE Superstars."

Sources : WrestlingRevealed, WWE.com

Last edited by Hailey on Sun 29 Nov 2009, 10:17 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Blue Ryder
Bossman
Bossman
Blue Ryder

Male
Number of posts : 24217
Job/hobbies : The Fruit Basket
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Cody Rhodes
Tyson Kidd
PUNK
Daniel Bryan "YES"
Zack Ryder

Flavors of The Month smile
Favorite WWE Diva : Layla
Eve
Naomi/Cameron
Tamina
Nattie

Favorite TNA Wrestler : Robert Rood *fanz*

Favorite TNA Knockout : Brooke
Madison Rayne
Tara
Sarita
Rosita

Flavors Of The Month smile
Registration date : 2008-06-28

PostSubject: Re: Hailey's Newsies Issue 52 - August 25th 2009   Hailey's Newsies Issue 52 - August 25th 2009 EmptyTue 25 Aug 2009, 7:55 pm

Thats why I love The Miz, he ignores the haters and continues to be awesome. Fuck off JBL!

TNA really need to stop acting petty, ppl steal eachothers moves all the time, its the way shit goes lol.

As for this movie shit? When will a diva star in a movie? Anywhoo Morrison is not good with promos so he should not be considered at all. The Miz or Christian FTW!
Back to top Go down
The LL Father
THEE LaylaLover
The LL Father

Male
Number of posts : 18234
Job/hobbies : Sleeping and Drinking
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Kane
Kaval
William Regal
Dolph Ziggler
The Miz
Favorite WWE Diva : Layla El
Beth Pheonix
Vickie Guerrero
Rosa Mendes
Gail Kim
Favorite TNA Wrestler : N/A
Favorite TNA Knockout : N/A
Registration date : 2008-08-03

PostSubject: Re: Hailey's Newsies Issue 52 - August 25th 2009   Hailey's Newsies Issue 52 - August 25th 2009 EmptyTue 25 Aug 2009, 8:07 pm

Morrison is good with promos shifty
shame about adw and knockouts contest Teary Eyed
Back to top Go down
Mia
Shield Believer
Shield Believer
Mia

Female
Number of posts : 13322
Job/hobbies : zombies
Favorite WWE Wrestler :
Seth Rollins
Roman Reigns
Dean Ambrose
Sami Zayn
Adrian Neville
Antonio Cesaro
Dolph Ziggler
Corey Graves
Sheamus
Christian
Edge
CM Punk

Favorite WWE Diva :
Paige
Emma
Michelle
Eve
Maryse
ivory
trish
lita

Favorite TNA Wrestler : Roode
Aries
Bully Ray
Storm
The Wolves

Favorite TNA Knockout : Brooke
Christy
Taryn

Registration date : 2008-07-03

PostSubject: Re: Hailey's Newsies Issue 52 - August 25th 2009   Hailey's Newsies Issue 52 - August 25th 2009 EmptyWed 26 Aug 2009, 5:01 am

what blue? ... morrison is good with promos. hes comfortable with being on the camera.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hailey's Newsies Issue 52 - August 25th 2009   Hailey's Newsies Issue 52 - August 25th 2009 Empty

Back to top Go down

Hailey's Newsies Issue 52 - August 25th 2009
Page 1 of 1