Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Matt Hardy Says He Regrets Suicide Note Stunt etc

Go down 
AuthorMessage
King Silva
King of Kings
King Silva

Male
Number of posts : 32652
Favorite WWE Wrestler : ---
Current and Former:
The Rock, JoMo, Ziggler, Edge, Orton, Y2J, Hardyz, + Rhodes!
Favorite WWE Diva : -------
ALL TIME
# 1} Lita
# 2} Trish Stratus
# 3} Mickie James
# 4} Gail Kim
# 5} Michelle McCool

Favorite TNA Wrestler : ----

Favorite TNA Knockout : ---
Registration date : 2009-09-30

Matt Hardy Says He Regrets Suicide Note Stunt etc Empty
PostSubject: Matt Hardy Says He Regrets Suicide Note Stunt etc   Matt Hardy Says He Regrets Suicide Note Stunt etc EmptyTue 10 Jul 2012, 9:31 pm

http://pwtorch.com/artman2/publish/spotlightarticleboxcenter/article_63204.shtml

Matt Hardy posted a controversial video on YouTube last year that worried many of his friends, as he seemed to hinting at committing suicide. He told PWTorch editor Wade Keller in a PWTorch Livecast interview, he addresses how he feels about that admitted publicity stunt in retrospect.

He began by saying he would not do it again. "Looking back in hindsight it’s something I’ve learned to take accountability of as well," Hardy says. "I was a pretty shameless and infamous self-promoter making sure my name was circulated. It’s not that there’s anything wrong with promoting yourself and your own brand, because I’m really big into that right now. Myself and Reby, who helps me out so much, like with my new website, MattHardyBrand.com, I’m really into still being a self-surviving and promoting machine myself as far as what I do, but now that I’ve been through everything I have been though, I just think of life from a whole different aspect. I don’t think just of me from a selfish standpoint. I think about how my actions [affect others now]."

He says he's talked to his brother Jeff Hardy about this recently, too. "Jeff, we had this conversation two nights ago at his house - both of us have been gifted and blessed to be on TV so long, to be two people who have achieved our dreams, we have a responsibility to other people. Like the quote from Spiderman, with great power comes great responsibility. We both have a responsibility to other people to remember that whenever we do things, our actions create a ripple effect and there’s people affected by it. Looking back at it, it was one of the biggest mistakes I ever made. It was me trying to be creative or do something different or grab people’s attention, but I didn’t realize how many people it was going to affect or hurt at that point."

He said the "suicide note stunt" was part of a three-part plan, but he never got to the other parts because of the backlash to the first video.

"Looking back [at] the suicide note, it was never meant to be like that. I had a series of three things planned. You know me, I’ve been a pretty vicious and infamous self-promoter as far as making sure my name stays out in circulation. At that point it was a really bad decision. I didn’t think about how many people would be affected by it when I did it, and they really were. I do regret it and I wish I hadn’t done it, but I did. So in the long-term, I’ll make sure I’ll think not only twice before I do something, I think three times if it’s going to affect someone."

This link should take you to the full interview:

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/pro-wrestling-torch/2012/06/22/pwtorch-livecast
Back to top Go down

Matt Hardy Says He Regrets Suicide Note Stunt etc
Page 1 of 1