Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Well I suppose it could be worse......

Go down 
AuthorMessage
VLG.
The Voice
The Voice
VLG.

Male
Number of posts : 3474
Job/hobbies : Musician/Radio Presenter/Charity Worker
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Daniel Bryan
CM Punk
Cesaro
Roman Reigns
Adam Rose
Favorite WWE Diva : AJ Lee
Paige
Brie Bella
Favorite TNA Wrestler : Jeff Hardy
Bully Ray

Registration date : 2009-11-14

Well I suppose it could be worse...... Empty
PostWell I suppose it could be worse......

Not a blog about my love life (what love life?) but instead a blog about my health. Its good, apart from one small thing.

Last week I was talking to members of the Territorial Army and joined a couple of them on a run. When we returned from the run they flagged up an issue with the state of my knee. Bit of backstory, I injured my knee nearly 4 years ago when playing rugby. Avoided a tackle, went over my knee. I continued playing....for 3 years. Today, I found out what was wrong with my knee.

It turns out that 4 years ago, when the injury occured, I damaged my MCL and ACL. I'm going to be seeing a physiotherapist who will make the decision on whether or not this can be solved through physiotherapy alone or whether or not I will be needing an MRI.

Worst case scenario, I'm going to be needing surgery. Best case scenario, a course of physiotherapy will solve everything. Either way, I regret not seeing a doctor when I did the knee in.

Hopefully, I will be able to be able to reach 100% (or close to) soon, but it seems my plans to join the Territorial Army have to be shelved for a while, so I'm not overly happy about that.
Back to top Go down
Share this post on: reddit

Well I suppose it could be worse...... :: Comments

The Sexy Vixen
Re: Well I suppose it could be worse......
Post Tue 25 Sep 2012, 6:01 pm by The Sexy Vixen
yeah it could be worse. Good luck and hopefully you dont need surgery.
but if you do..just think of the cool scar you'll have

chicks dig scars cool dude
WhatAboutBigBob
Post Tue 25 Sep 2012, 6:14 pm by WhatAboutBigBob
I tore my MCL, LCL and PCL in both knees 2006 during football and played for the next three years. I never had surgery and I still do athletic things, boxing and lifting being the main things I still do.

The pain is unbearable at times, sometimes causing me not to be able to sleep.

My right knee still swells up under the meniscus.

If you plan on playing sports, I recommend doing everything you can not to get surgery. Why? Because you know what you can do on your knees right now. If you get surgery on your knees, you may never, ever be the same again. I plan on playing Arena Football next year or college football because I've applied to go back (to Penn State), or at least trying. If I get knee surgery, there's no telling if they're going to screw something up and I probably won't be ready for the season. I know someone who played football, hurt his legs, got surgery and now is unable to walk without crutches because the surgeon put the screws in his legs wrong.

I know I will probably have problems walking whenever I get into my mid-30s, early 40s. Those are things I'm willing to risk to continue to follow my dream.
VLG.
Post Tue 25 Sep 2012, 6:37 pm by VLG.
I'm not really planning on playing sports. I like playing sports, but it doesnt factor into anything I want to do. Surgery is the last resort though, if physio doesnt help. Plus, the surgery would be keyhole surgery, so one stich and I'd be up and about within a week.

My view at the moment now is that there is something I want to do, and my knee is preventing that from happening. I just want my knee fixed so that I can do it as soon as I can. If it means surgery, then I'll have surgery. Hoping that physio will do the trick though.
WhatAboutBigBob
Post Tue 25 Sep 2012, 6:46 pm by WhatAboutBigBob
Are the actually torn or are the just strained? If they're just strained, rehab should be able to fix it but I'll tell you, you'll have pain in the future.
VLG.
Post Tue 25 Sep 2012, 7:02 pm by VLG.
I've not had an MRI, the doctor looked at them and told me that I'd damaged them. I don't know what 'damage' means specifically, just that it hurts.

And I'm not worried about pain in the future, its pain now that I object to. I've suffered greatly from my days playing rugby, hell I damn near broke my neck once, in an identical incident to when a Scottish Internation by the name of Thom Evans broke his neck and nearly died. I'm never going to be 100%, but if I can reduce the pain and problems now, maybe I can put off the pain in the future.
#WeWantTaryn
Post Tue 25 Sep 2012, 7:27 pm by #WeWantTaryn
VLG how come everytime I read one of your blogs it makes me feel sad for you?.I wanna read good things about your blogs I wanna see you telling everyone how happy you are!!!.Just put a smile on your face you can over come anything you should not let anyone of anything ruin your life.Dont let this effect what you wanna do you can beat this don't let this knee control your life decision if you wanna go to the army then GO DO IT. smile
VLG.
Post Tue 25 Sep 2012, 7:48 pm by VLG.
Hey, don't pity me DL. I'm happy, since my last blog I've cheered up immensely. I'm also not letting my knee control my life, I ignored it for 4 years, but now its actually standing in the way of what I'm trying to do now, and it needs to be sorted. I can beat it, and I fully intend to beat it. I'll be in the TA before the year is out, of that I'm confident.
#WeWantTaryn
Post Tue 25 Sep 2012, 8:12 pm by #WeWantTaryn
That's Great to hear now those are blogs I wanna see I always love hearing a positive things that can make people feel motivated about themselves!! smile

Well I suppose it could be worse......

Page 1 of 1