Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Does the Divas division need T & A again?

Go down 
+4
perceval
The Sexy Vixen
#WeWantTaryn
Quisee
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Quisee
Quisee

Male
Number of posts : 2178
Job/hobbies : Media Services department at Florissant Valley College
Registration date : 2009-01-13

Does the Divas division need T & A again? Empty
PostSubject: Does the Divas division need T & A again?   Does the Divas division need T & A again? EmptyTue 05 Feb 2013, 2:15 pm

A good portion of the success of the WWE Divas division is sex appeal/T & A. I feel like there's a lot of reasons why the current Divas division has went down in general especially compared to the Attitude Era and the Ruthless Aggression Era.Since WWE changed their programming to appeal to a younger auidence the Divas stopped doing all the T & A segments and matches which unfortunately I partly feel brought down Divas viewership and a lot fans care about the Divas.Lets face it professional wrestling is considered a "man world" which means if women are going to succeed in it (mainly talking about WWE) they will have to bring something extraordinary to the table in order for a lot fo fans to care which means things like either sex appeal (ex.Sable, Sunny, Kelly Kelly, Torrie Wilson, Trish Stratus etc...) whether or not these 4 women I just named as examples had good wrestling ability/skills or not they are/were beautiful/hot which straight male fans liked which in my opinion make up most of WWE fanship so that worked for those women alone, extraordinary look and/or strength (ex. Chyna, Kharma, Beth Phoenix etc...), Good wrestling ability/specific moveset (ex. Lita, Melina, Michelle McCool, Beth Phoenix, Trish Stratus, Victoria/Tara, Natalya, Naomi) just to name some examples their movesets consist/ed of moves that make/made the fans go "woah"and they had/have decent/good wrestling ability and more factors but those are some of the biggest ones. I know problem with todays Divas are the Divas themselves, the bad booking & writing,lack of T & A,very little promotion and mic time, limitations/restrictions that the Divas must compete within etc.... but I feel like the removal of T & A besides a Bikini contest or something every blue moon did hurt the Divas division because I feel like the bra & panties match, evening gown matches, mud matches, bikini contest etc.. used to bring in more viewership for the Divas I feel like if they brought those back it would increase Diva viewership I don't know how much but I think it would increase abit.

I know some people may disagree with me which is fine but this is just something I have been thinking about and wanted to express and get feedback
Back to top Go down
#WeWantTaryn
Divas Lover.
#WeWantTaryn

Male
Number of posts : 7477
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Roman Reigns
Daniel Bryan
Jimmy & Jey Uso
Seth Rollins
Dolph Ziggler
Antonio Cesaro

Favorite WWE Diva : AJ Lee
Alicia Fox

Favorite TNA Wrestler : EC3
Austin Aries
MVP
Roode
Bobby Lashley
Kenny King
Favorite TNA Knockout : Taryn Terrell
Brittany
Angelina Love
Registration date : 2008-06-28

PostSubject: Re: Does the Divas division need T & A again?   Does the Divas division need T & A again? EmptyTue 05 Feb 2013, 2:42 pm

Absolutely Yes that's where the model type divas come to play.It dosent have to be a Bra and panties match it can be something like a Pajama Pillow Fight Match,etc.They did had some bikni type battle royal last year.Use the T&A girls for the lingire matches and use the female wrestlers the actual wrestling matches it works for everyone.
Back to top Go down
The Sexy Vixen
Billion Dolla Princess
Billion Dolla Princess
The Sexy Vixen

Female
Number of posts : 28940
Job/hobbies : Daycare. I adore children.
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Triple H, Orton, MVP, John Morrison, Dolph Ziggler, Kofi Kingston, Yoshi Tatsu, Zack Ryder
Favorite WWE Diva : Stephanie McMahon, Maryse, Mickie James, Layla, Natalya, Beth, Michelle McCool, Katie Lea, Kelly Kelly, Nikki Bella, Rosa Mendes (Victoria and Lita are my all-time faves)
Favorite TNA Wrestler : Jeff Jarrett, D'Angelo Dinero, MCMG, James Storm, AJ Styles, Amazing Red, Kiyoshi, Matt Morgan, Hernandez, Samoa Joe, Desmond Wolfe, Jeff Hardy, Kevin Nash
Favorite TNA Knockout : ODB, Christy Hemme, Jacqueline, Tara, Hamada, Daffney, Lacey Von Erich,
Registration date : 2009-03-23

PostSubject: Re: Does the Divas division need T & A again?   Does the Divas division need T & A again? EmptyTue 05 Feb 2013, 3:04 pm

what sucks is test has passed away cause i was going to say:

how are Test and Albert going to help the divas? shifty

but anyway, WWE just needs to give a damn about their division...that's where they're going wrong.
Back to top Go down
http://relaxedwrestlingchat.b1.jcink.com/index.php?
perceval
World Champion
World Champion

Number of posts : 1445
Registration date : 2011-06-10

PostSubject: Re: Does the Divas division need T & A again?   Does the Divas division need T & A again? EmptyWed 06 Feb 2013, 12:39 am

The Sexy Vixen wrote:
what sucks is test has passed away cause i was going to say:

how are Test and Albert going to help the divas? shifty

Well, they did give the center of the Golden Era her start...

And yeah, that was my first thought when I read the title. smile
Back to top Go down
Angelus
WD Stalker
Angelus

Number of posts : 11345
Registration date : 2008-08-24

PostSubject: Re: Does the Divas division need T & A again?   Does the Divas division need T & A again? EmptyWed 06 Feb 2013, 1:44 am

No if it been proven more often then not this fails horrible it worked out with Trish but none of the others care about wrestling the way to fix this is focus on talent to wrestle. I mean hiring model and expecting the idea of a Trish or someone is pointless and it hurts the product for the one who can wrestle which been the case latly. McCool,Mickie James,Eve they didn't need these matches and done fine without them.
Back to top Go down
bobby_says_hi
World Champion
World Champion

Male
Number of posts : 1480
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Evan Bourne, The Miz, Kaval
Favorite WWE Diva : Gail Kim, Eve Torres, LayCool
Favorite TNA Wrestler : AJ Styles, British Invasion, Ink Inc, Austin Aries, Motor City Machine Guns
Favorite TNA Knockout : Angelina Love, Sarita
Registration date : 2010-01-21

PostSubject: Re: Does the Divas division need T & A again?   Does the Divas division need T & A again? EmptyFri 08 Feb 2013, 9:39 pm

there is a place for T&A but the whole division shouldn't be about it, just like the whole division doesn't need to be about serious wrestling. having a few Divas with sex appeal as part of their characters can work if the girls play the character well. what the division needs is more characters. we need to know the girls' actual identities like we did back in the Golden Age. we knew roughly who was who and what to expect from them. let's run through all the girls right now and see which ones have discernible characters

*Kaitlyn - fun and quirky girl next door who knows when to get serious and aggressive when the time is right

*AJ Lee - emotionally unstable and manipulative girl who will stop at nothing to achieve her own desires

*Natalya - playful girlfriend of the Great Khali who likes to have fun

*Cameron and Naomi - sassy ghetto girls who like to dance and play up the girl on girl vibe

*Aksana - alternates between funny foreigner who can't speak English properly or vampy sexpot

*Rosa Mendes - spicy Latina who dances and screams in Spanish

*Layla - nice girl who occasionally gets aggressive and sassy and sometimes dances

*Tamina Snuka - generic heel

*Alicia Fox - flip flops between generic face and bitchy heel without warning

and the developmental Divas
*Paige - mysterious badass who refuses to conform to traditional standards of beauty and also likes to scream

*Emma - a bad dancer who is convinced she is a good dancer

*Audrey Marie - bitchy heel with a southern accent

*Sasha Banks - generic face

*Summer Rae - bitchy blonde glamour puss

you can see the main problem can't you? not enough thought is invested into the rest of the girls. some like Rosa, Emma and the Funkadactyls get one dimensional gimmicks but they milk them for all they're worth so they're still interesting.
Back to top Go down
Shimmer Mark
World Champion
World Champion
Shimmer Mark

Male
Number of posts : 2263
Job/hobbies : Banking
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Antonio Cesaro, Justin Gabriel, Evan Bourne
Favorite WWE Diva : AJ, Natalya, Paige
Favorite TNA Wrestler : AJ Styles, Christopher Daniels
Favorite TNA Knockout : Gail Kim
Registration date : 2008-09-13

PostSubject: Re: Does the Divas division need T & A again?   Does the Divas division need T & A again? EmptySat 09 Feb 2013, 12:47 pm

I am completely opposed to the Bra & Panties and Pillow Fight type matches. I think they are insulting to women who have worked very hard to hone their craft. You don't have to do stuff like this to make the crowd think a woman is attractive. Take Jessie McKay for example. She has been wrestling for years in Australia and has become extremely popular in the United States on the independent circuit. She doesn't dress extremely provocatively, but is widely considered one of the sexier women in the business and the crowd LOVES her every single time she steps into the ring.

I do agree that the women need a character that the crowd will care about. Promotions need to find a balance between the super talented super serious women and the women who are less talented and more of enhancement characters.
Back to top Go down
WhatAboutBigBob
Main Eventer
WhatAboutBigBob

Male
Number of posts : 600
Favorite WWE Wrestler :
All-Time
#1 Kane
#2 The Hardyz
#3 The Rock
#4 Degeneration X
#5 Brock Lesnar
Registration date : 2012-05-06

PostSubject: Re: Does the Divas division need T & A again?   Does the Divas division need T & A again? EmptySun 10 Feb 2013, 10:59 pm

You either find Divas who can actually wrestle, or get rid of the division and just use them as managers.

You can have all the T & A you want, but if they can't wrestle, I just change the channel.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Does the Divas division need T & A again?   Does the Divas division need T & A again? Empty

Back to top Go down

Does the Divas division need T & A again?
Page 1 of 1