Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

TNA One Night Only: Knockout Knockdown

Go down 
+4
Did You Miss Her?
bobby_says_hi
King Silva
Shimmer Mark
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Shimmer Mark
World Champion
World Champion
Shimmer Mark

Male
Number of posts : 2263
Job/hobbies : Banking
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Antonio Cesaro, Justin Gabriel, Evan Bourne
Favorite WWE Diva : AJ, Natalya, Paige
Favorite TNA Wrestler : AJ Styles, Christopher Daniels
Favorite TNA Knockout : Gail Kim
Registration date : 2008-09-13

TNA One Night Only: Knockout Knockdown Empty
PostSubject: TNA One Night Only: Knockout Knockdown   TNA One Night Only: Knockout Knockdown EmptySun 08 Sep 2013, 5:24 pm

So, the One Night Only PPV for the Knockouts aired this weekend?  Did anyone watch it?

Results:

Here are my thoughts on the show:

1. Gail Kim vs. Alyssa Flash – meh. It was a solid match, but nothing too fancy. Two of the best women in the wrestling business today, I was just expecting a little more from them.
2. Ivelisse vs. Lei D’Tapa – I have no idea why TNA hasn’t signed Ivelisse. She is SO incredibly good. I think there is something unique about Tapa. She isn’t quit up to par with some of the other women, but she could fit in well with the KO’s. The
match was not too bad. Ivelisse had a couple of big spots and I thought Tapa played the power character well.

3. Tara vs. Mia Yim – Mia is another that TNA has missed the ball on. It is only a matter of time before she is in one of the big companies. This was a good match. Tara is such a professional and does so well in the vet vs. rookie type matches.
4. Brooke Tessmacher vs. Santana Garrett – Both of these women have continued to impress me. I was extremely unimpressed with both when I was first introduced to them. They have gotten so much better. So far in the PPV, I feel like this was the best match. They were the most evenly paired and they put on a great match.
5. ODB vs. Trinity – I was the most excited to see that Trinity was confirmed to make her in ring return. I had hoped to see a little more physicality from Trinity, but with this being her first match in YEARS, I shouldn’t have expected too much. This was a good match for ODB and it was nice to see Trinity again.
6. Taryn Terrell vs. Jackie Moore – Taryn is another that I didn’t like at all in the beginning, but has continued to impress me. Jackie Moore is a legend in the ring and I would love to see her in the ring until she just physically can’t. Good match, but I didn’t care for the ending. I would have preferred to see Jackie hit a finisher.
7. Hannah Blossom vs. Taeler Hendrix vs. Sojo Bolt – Taeler’s top is HIDEOUS, but this match showed why she got the contract from Gut Check and why she should NOT have been released so soon. I would have liked to have seen some more offense from Blossom, but the way the match played out made sense.
8. Velvet Sky vs. Jillian Hall – Probably the worst match of the show, I have never been a fan of Velvet’s work. For as long as she has been in the business, she should be a lot better than this. I always used to think that Jillian was way more capable than the matches she was getting in WWE. BUT, this match was just
like her WWE matches. Boring and uneventful.

9. Serena Deeb vs. Mickie James – Match of the night, by far. This was a great
technical match between two incredible matches. I have been kind of bored with Mickie for several years, and this match showed just how talented she is.

10. Gauntlet – Hannah was extremely impressive during this match. Mickie James totally landed on the floor when they were trying to get Tapa out. OOPS. Overall, I think this was a really good match. Gauntlet type matches have a history of going really really poorly, but this one was well put together.
Overall impression: I really really liked the variety of non-current Knockouts that were brought in. I thought it was a very good mix of veterans and “unknowns”. I would have liked to have seen a couple more of the guests advance to the final match. I understand putting over your own talent, but the matches were a little
predictable. One thing that was done very well was no reference at all of the current KO champ. I wasn’t sure how that would work out.

Out of the non-current Knockouts, this is the order that I would like to see them signed to TNA: Ivelisse, Santana, Serena Deeb, Mia Yim, Taeler Hendrix, Hannah Blossom, Jackie Moore, Trinity, Sojo Bolt, Alyssa Flash, and Jillian Hall
Top 3 matches: Serena Deeb vs. Mickie James; Brooke Tessmacher vs. Santana Garrett; Tara vs. Mia Yim
Back to top Go down
King Silva
King of Kings
King Silva

Male
Number of posts : 32652
Favorite WWE Wrestler : ---
Current and Former:
The Rock, JoMo, Ziggler, Edge, Orton, Y2J, Hardyz, + Rhodes!
Favorite WWE Diva : -------
ALL TIME
# 1} Lita
# 2} Trish Stratus
# 3} Mickie James
# 4} Gail Kim
# 5} Michelle McCool

Favorite TNA Wrestler : ----

Favorite TNA Knockout : ---
Registration date : 2009-09-30

PostSubject: Re: TNA One Night Only: Knockout Knockdown   TNA One Night Only: Knockout Knockdown EmptySun 08 Sep 2013, 11:45 pm

I ordered it on Friday with a couple of friends.

We enjoyed it for the most part.

I actually liked Gail/Flash the most.

Mickie/Serena was a close runner up though. I just felt that it should have been 1 minute longer. I think Serena should have countered the first Mickie DDT by throwing her to the ground and then spearing her. Mickie would have kicked out though. Serena could have gotten really upset that she didn't win and could have made a stupid mistake. Mickie could then Mickie Kick her and then finish her with the Mickie DDT.

Jacqueline/Taryn was okay but like you said I think Jacqueline should have won with a DDT after her dropkick to the face [should have been to the back imo].

I actually thought Tessmacher/Santana was one of the worst matches.

I'm with you on Velvet/Jillian being one of the worst.

I was surprised with Tapa/Ivelisse in a good way and while I liked Tara/Yim I wish that it was longer.

The battle royal was good. I was happy my girl Gail won but wtf Mickie TOTALLY was eliminated... I guess TNA gave a fuck since she was suppose to be final 2 against Gail. I will say that the final 2 part could have been longer.

Still for $15 I was satisfied. I wish TNA would sign half of the people who appeared. Their KO division could use it!
Back to top Go down
bobby_says_hi
World Champion
World Champion

Male
Number of posts : 1480
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Evan Bourne, The Miz, Kaval
Favorite WWE Diva : Gail Kim, Eve Torres, LayCool
Favorite TNA Wrestler : AJ Styles, British Invasion, Ink Inc, Austin Aries, Motor City Machine Guns
Favorite TNA Knockout : Angelina Love, Sarita
Registration date : 2010-01-21

PostSubject: Re: TNA One Night Only: Knockout Knockdown   TNA One Night Only: Knockout Knockdown EmptyMon 09 Sep 2013, 5:03 pm

I thought it was a disappointing show. It came across as more like an episode of TV that happened to have all-Knockouts matches. I'd say only Mickie/Serena, Velvet/Jillian, Tara/Yim and Ivelisse/Tapa were PPV quality. The rest were all pretty average
Back to top Go down
Did You Miss Her?
Hall Of Famer
Did You Miss Her?

Male
Number of posts : 9685
Job/hobbies : Stroking Zachary Quinto's Ego....
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Dolph Ziggler, Kofi Kingston, John Morrison, Santino, Edge, Christian, Cody Rhodes, Randy Orton, Sheamus, & CM Punk.
Favorite WWE Diva : Melina, Beth Phoenix, Layla, Alicia Fox, & Gail Kim.
Favorite TNA Wrestler : Daniels, MCMGs, Crimson, Amazing Redd, Eric Young, Matt Morgan, Kurt Angle, & Generation Me.
Favorite TNA Knockout : Winter, Brooke Tessmacher, Mickie James, Madison Rayne, & Angelina Love.
Registration date : 2008-07-27

PostSubject: Re: TNA One Night Only: Knockout Knockdown   TNA One Night Only: Knockout Knockdown EmptyMon 09 Sep 2013, 8:02 pm

I didn't know they were still going to do this, kinda sad I missed it.
Back to top Go down
King Silva
King of Kings
King Silva

Male
Current and Former:
ALL TIME
# 1} Lita
# 2} Trish Stratus
# 3} Mickie James
# 4} Gail Kim
# 5} Michelle McCool

PostSubject: Re: TNA One Night Only: Knockout Knockdown   TNA One Night Only: Knockout Knockdown EmptyTue 10 Sep 2013, 5:37 am

^ It should be online.

Check dailymotion and youtube.
Back to top Go down
Eric
Hall Of Famer
Eric

Male
Number of posts : 6318
Favorite WWE Diva : Top 5
(Including NXT)
#1 - Nikki Bella
#2 - Charlotte
#3 - Summer Rae
#4 - Eva Marie
#5 - Alicia Fox
Favorite TNA Knockout : Top 5
#1 - Brooke
#2 - Taryn Terrell
#3 - Angelina Love
#4 - Brittany
#5 - Gail Kim
Registration date : 2008-11-15

PostSubject: Re: TNA One Night Only: Knockout Knockdown   TNA One Night Only: Knockout Knockdown EmptyTue 10 Sep 2013, 5:54 am

Back to top Go down
Paul Wyatt
NCD aka Name Changing Dude
NCD aka Name Changing Dude
Paul Wyatt

Male
Number of posts : 18569
Job/hobbies : Self-Improving
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Antonio Cesaro
Bray Wyatt
Daniel Bryan
Dolph Ziggler
Sheamus
The Shield
The Usos
Wade Barrett
Favorite WWE Diva : Naomi
Natalya
Favorite TNA Wrestler : Austin Aries
Bobby Roode
Bully Ray
Eric Young
James Storm
Registration date : 2008-07-31

PostSubject: Re: TNA One Night Only: Knockout Knockdown   TNA One Night Only: Knockout Knockdown EmptyTue 10 Sep 2013, 10:32 am

Didn't see the ppv, so I can't judge. I don't understand TNA's philosophy: I can't remember the last new KO (or Superstar) that they brought in and help develop into a star.

I am so tired of:

ODB vs Gail
ODB vs Mickie
Gail vs Mickie

With the guys, they have:

Double A
Roode
Bully
Storm
People like Sabin (meh as a top guy imo)
Same with Hardy

The company needs to develop fresh stars the way WWE has been with DB, Ziggler, ADR, Punk (though, he got his first big push 4yrs ago,) & the Shield.

The overall product is.better, I just don't want to see the same faces year after year.
Back to top Go down
bobby_says_hi
World Champion
World Champion

Male
Favorite TNA Wrestler : AJ Styles, British Invasion, Ink Inc, Austin Aries, Motor City Machine Guns

PostSubject: Re: TNA One Night Only: Knockout Knockdown   TNA One Night Only: Knockout Knockdown EmptyTue 10 Sep 2013, 1:45 pm

Yeah they had Taeler Hendrix sitting around doing nothing until she asked for her release. She was the first female Gut Check winner, they had mountains of possibilities for stories and feuds there. They also have Lei'D Tapa who's very easy to get over as a monster - plus she brings some diversity. I would normally suggest giving the Blossom Twins a contract but they've retired the tag team belts so there'd be nothing for them to do. What they really need is more faces. Mickie and Gail are the veteran heels and Tapa would be as well. ODB and Velvet are both multiple Knockouts Champions so they need girls who can be faces. Ivelisse and Santana would both be good choices
Back to top Go down
KTV-Time
WD Stalker
KTV-Time

Male
Number of posts : 14546
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Dolph Ziggler
Tyson Kidd
Richie Steamboat
Brett & Ted Dibiasi
John Morrison
Heath Slater
Daniel Bryan
Justin Gabriel
Favorite WWE Diva : Beth Phoenix
Natalya
Maryse
Alicia Fox
Eve Torres

Favorite TNA Wrestler : AJ Styles
Kaz
Amazing Red
Chris Sabin
Alex Shelly
Daniels
Eric Young
Orlando Jordan's Boy Toy
Favorite TNA Knockout : Sarita
Angelina Love
Taylor Wilde
Santana G.

Registration date : 2009-06-13

PostSubject: Re: TNA One Night Only: Knockout Knockdown   TNA One Night Only: Knockout Knockdown EmptyTue 10 Sep 2013, 2:37 pm

Gail Kim vs. Alissa Flash
This was a great opener, if the other matches to come was up to par would have been nice, but it was a really good start to the show, Alissa is such great talent, TNA needs to get her back ASAP. Gail Kim performed as usual, couldn’t have expected anything less anyways, this was my second favorite match of the show.
Rating: 3.5/5 Stars

Ivelisse Velez vs. Lei’D Tapa
I seriously can’t get into Lei’D, I find her odd in the ring, she clearly shows she is new to the wrestling business and this is probably the best she could do at this point, nothing about her has been worth noting, Ivelisse on the other hand, proved why she should have won that got check. She was great, a bit shaky here and there, but working with Lei’D I can understand why, she’s not the most reliable person in the ring IMO. Lei’D won, Ivelisse still came out looking way better and obviously the better talent.
Rating: 1.5/5 Stars.

Tara vs. Mia Yim
Tara is a pro and plays he veteran so well, she knows how to play the dominant veteran and come off very strong anytime she does it, despite the goofy gimmick. Mia I felt, didn’t get much offense in, which is what ruined this for me. Though, the entertainment value more than made up for it. But despite Mia’s lack of offense, it was a really good showing non the less and better than the match prior. One thing though, it was a bit anti-climatic when you have 3 matches in a row where the heel took the win, so I blame booking for that.
Rating: 2.5/5 Stars

Brooke Tessmacher vs. Santana Garrett
On paper, this was probably going to be the worse match on paper, Brooke Tessmacher the least experience on the indy scene and isn’t used to it and Santana, someone still growing and finding her niche. Though been a fan for both and they are two of my favorite girls in wrestling right now. Regardless, they proved me wrong and they managed to put on a good match. Brooke looked good out there as did Santana. Both women came out looking really well, and Santana got her first major promotion match and made a name for herself. On the bright side, finally a face won and someone the crowd supported.
Rating: 3/5 Stars

ODB vs. Trinity
I felt TNA did bad on Trinity in this one, I would have willingly give up Lei”d or the Blossom’s spot in the final match, and give Trinity this spot (since they were willing to keep out Taryn anyways), also poor hype, since she was the Trish Stratus of TNA when Trish was doing her thing in the WWE. Oh and boy did she age gracefully, loved her look, the match, was what I expected and nothing impressive but a brutal brawl between wrestling’s most kick ass women, so it was nice to see them lock horns again, but would have preffered a better hype for Trinity, either way, Nice match and I enjoyed it.
Rating: 2.5/5 Stars

Taryn Terrell vs. Jackie Moore
Guess this was Taryn’s initiation into the world that is being in the ring with Jackie Moore. The crowd was split, which made this exciting. I think Taryn handled herself well with Jackie, Jackie of course, looked great in the ring. This was a great match, up to par with Santana vs. Brooke. I really enjoyed their dynamic and Taryn went through Jackie’s school of hard knocks with flying colors. Was nice to see Jackie win too, which was deserving, we all know she was in TNA as long as she was because of Jeff Jarrett, he’s always been a huge supporter of her.

Hannah Blossom vs. Taeler Hendrix vs. SoJo Bolt
Well this was a decent showing, this was basically a OVW match and the best talent OVW has to offer. Anyways, Taeler was her usual self, sure she needs some constructing and putting together but she did okay, SoJo, better ring gear sweetie, was never her biggest supporter but she did really well and Hannah, well was average. I felt it was a match between 3 people who are just average. Nothing special.
Rating: 2/5 Stars

Serena Deeb vs. Mickie James
Well this is TNA’s third candidate for Match of the Year, this was really great, what a match, nothing fancy, nothing over the top, just two women proving who is the best talent in that ring at that moment. Honestly I think both of them were really looking forward to this match which added to the excitement, it wasn’t only the match but the hype, the chemistry, the facials, the body language, everything made this match the amazing match it was. It was an exciting watch, could have added a bit more near the end, but in the end, worth the whole PPV reallt.
Rating: 4.5/5 Stars

The Gauntlet Match
Nothing really nothing about it, like most of their Gauntlet matches. The women did good, of course Gail get to be in the spotlight. I liked the ending though, kind of making me hope Madison comes back as a face (Hey, she let her contract run out due to her pregnancy, I’m sure they’ll have her back) but it was an interesting end.

In the end: It was a decent show, like the New Years Eve Special, TNA at least tries which is nice, the oddball pairings made it even more interesting and exciting to watch. Was it the best show in the world? Did it have a load of 5 Star matches? No, but IMO it’s worth taking the time and take a look, it was enjoyable and it’s rare to see. I hope TNA keeps the same PPV format next year and try something new with this PPV again next year, maybe a tournament?
Back to top Go down
Shimmer Mark
World Champion
World Champion
Shimmer Mark

Male
Number of posts : 2263
Job/hobbies : Banking
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Antonio Cesaro, Justin Gabriel, Evan Bourne
Favorite WWE Diva : AJ, Natalya, Paige
Favorite TNA Wrestler : AJ Styles, Christopher Daniels
Favorite TNA Knockout : Gail Kim
Registration date : 2008-09-13

PostSubject: Re: TNA One Night Only: Knockout Knockdown   TNA One Night Only: Knockout Knockdown EmptyTue 10 Sep 2013, 9:35 pm

I thought it was a great show. I hope TNA does one of these at least once a year.  Although, the bad part about the show, it really showed how TNA is lacking in female talent.
Back to top Go down
#WeWantTaryn
Divas Lover.
#WeWantTaryn

Male
Number of posts : 7477
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Roman Reigns
Daniel Bryan
Jimmy & Jey Uso
Seth Rollins
Dolph Ziggler
Antonio Cesaro

Favorite WWE Diva : AJ Lee
Alicia Fox

Favorite TNA Wrestler : EC3
Austin Aries
MVP
Roode
Bobby Lashley
Kenny King
Favorite TNA Knockout : Taryn Terrell
Brittany
Angelina Love
Registration date : 2008-06-28

PostSubject: Re: TNA One Night Only: Knockout Knockdown   TNA One Night Only: Knockout Knockdown EmptyTue 10 Sep 2013, 9:39 pm

I remember a LONG time ago back when TNA was at its prime they had a Knockouts Show special on spike I don't Remember who was in it but this was when Kong and Angelina love were still there I think it was a New Year's Eve special or something that was a great show.
Back to top Go down
King Silva
King of Kings
King Silva

Male
Current and Former:
ALL TIME
# 1} Lita
# 2} Trish Stratus
# 3} Mickie James
# 4} Gail Kim
# 5} Michelle McCool

PostSubject: Re: TNA One Night Only: Knockout Knockdown   TNA One Night Only: Knockout Knockdown EmptyTue 10 Sep 2013, 9:40 pm

^ Yeah it is shame they can't just hire like 3-5 of these women considering their roster NEEDS it..

And I agree I would love if they got at least one of these PPV specials a year.

Preferably it would be live but if not then try to make it not taped 5 months prior..
Back to top Go down
bobby_says_hi
World Champion
World Champion

Male

PostSubject: Re: TNA One Night Only: Knockout Knockdown   TNA One Night Only: Knockout Knockdown EmptyWed 11 Sep 2013, 10:50 pm

That was New Year's Knockout Eve where the Knockouts had a tournament to determine who would get a title match against Tara who was champ at the time. It was cool, sort of like King of the Ring. Roxxi and Hamada had a brilliant match
Back to top Go down
King Silva
King of Kings
King Silva

Male
Current and Former:
ALL TIME
# 1} Lita
# 2} Trish Stratus
# 3} Mickie James
# 4} Gail Kim
# 5} Michelle McCool

PostSubject: Re: TNA One Night Only: Knockout Knockdown   TNA One Night Only: Knockout Knockdown EmptyThu 12 Sep 2013, 12:43 am

bobby_says_hi wrote:
That was New Year's Knockout Eve where the Knockouts had a tournament to determine who would get a title match against Tara who was champ at the time. It was cool, sort of like King of the Ring. Roxxi and Hamada had a brilliant match
Yeah I remember that a lot.

Some good matches.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TNA One Night Only: Knockout Knockdown   TNA One Night Only: Knockout Knockdown Empty

Back to top Go down

TNA One Night Only: Knockout Knockdown
Page 1 of 1