Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Columbus on Gremlins 3

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Dead
The Sports Guy
Dead

Male
Number of posts : 31046
Registration date : 2008-08-19

Columbus on Gremlins 3 Empty
PostSubject: Columbus on Gremlins 3   Columbus on Gremlins 3 EmptySun 07 Feb 2010, 5:01 pm

A couple of weeks back MarketSaw reported that a third “GremlinsColumbus on Gremlins 3 2_bing” film was on the way. Today, Edward Douglas at Coming Soon spoke to Christopher Columbus, writer of the original “Gremlins”, who seemingly questioned the validity of the rumours.

"I spoke to [Producer] Steven SpielbergColumbus on Gremlins 3 2_bing a couple days ago and said, 'You know, I've been reading on the internet about this 'Gremlins 3D' and no one's approached him either, so I don't know if that's really true," Columbus told the site.

Having said that, Columbus -whose new film ''Percy Jackson & The Olympians: The Lightning ThiefColumbus on Gremlins 3 2_bing'' opens next week - wouldn’t be opposed to doing another “Gremlins” film.

"It would be fun to go back and revisit (them). Something like 'Gremlins,' which is a movie I really like, I think it's impossible to recreate in a CGI environment. I think it will inevitably lose some of its charm. Those are edgy MuppetsColumbus on Gremlins 3 2_bing in a sense and you don't want to lose that sense of anarchy that those gremlins had, because behind the scenes are 25 puppeteers making them to come to life."

Columbus also spoke to the site about his enthusiasm for a “Mrs Doubtfire” sequel (he directed the first), noting that it “is an interesting idea for a sequel because it's the one time in film history where you can revisit the character and they'll be the same age 15 years later. Because of the make-up, people can see Mrs. DoubtfireColumbus on Gremlins 3 2_bing again and nothing has changed about her, which I think is kind of interesting”.

Bonnie Hunt had written a script for “Mrs Doubtfire 2” a few years back, but it’s believed Williams knocked it back. Maybe he’ll change his mind now that it’s pretty clear “Old Dogs” have no legs, and there’s no money to be squeezed out of Gold Circle?
Back to top Go down

Columbus on Gremlins 3
Page 1 of 1