Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Hailey's Newsies - Issue 77 - March 26th 2010

Go down 
+2
The Sexy Vixen
Eric
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Eric
Hall Of Famer
Eric

Male
Number of posts : 6318
Favorite WWE Diva : Top 5
(Including NXT)
#1 - Nikki Bella
#2 - Charlotte
#3 - Summer Rae
#4 - Eva Marie
#5 - Alicia Fox
Favorite TNA Knockout : Top 5
#1 - Brooke
#2 - Taryn Terrell
#3 - Angelina Love
#4 - Brittany
#5 - Gail Kim
Registration date : 2008-11-15

Hailey's Newsies - Issue 77 - March 26th 2010 Empty
PostSubject: Hailey's Newsies - Issue 77 - March 26th 2010   Hailey's Newsies - Issue 77 - March 26th 2010 EmptyFri 26 Mar 2010, 6:39 pm

A Loss for Legacy

Cody Rhodes, Randy Orton, and Ted DiBiase will all step into the ring at Wrestlemania and face a situation where no one can really win.

A Loss For Legacy
After every Wrestlemania, wrestling fans get together and start trying to predict the card for the following year. Even before the smoke had cleared from Wrestlemania 25 in Houston, Texas, wrestling fans had started predicting the card for this year's event.
When it came to Ted DiBiase, everyone was predicting great things for the third generation wrestler.

Some had predicted a babyface turn around the time of his DVD release; he had starred in the sequel to The Marine. Others had predicted a main event push by Wrestlemania 26.

Regardless of the prediction, the road for Ted DiBiase was meant to go through Legacy stablemate Randy Orton.

Well, the road to Wrestlemania 26 for Ted DiBiase does lead through Randy Orton. However, no one could have predicted that the road would also lead to a match where no one could truly win.

Triple Threat
Triple threat matches have been around professional wrestling for quite some time now. They serve a pretty good purpose when used right.

When Chris Benoit was booked to challenge Triple H for the World Heavyweight Championship at Wrestlemania 20, management felt that it might not have been strong enough of a draw to get people to purchase the event.

So, the simple solution for them was to include Shawn Michaels, a well known draw for the company, into the match and turn it into a triple threat match.

That example worked because any of the three guys were capable of winning the match.

Chris Benoit had momentum coming into the match because he had just won the Royal Rumble a few months prior. Shawn Michaels and Triple H were established main event players that the company could trust with the belt.

The same cannot be said for the triple threat match featuring Randy Orton, Cody Rhodes, and Ted DiBiase.

Who Wins?
Regardless of who wins the match, it's not going to mean very much in the big picture.

If Randy Orton wins the match, then fans will shrug it off since Cody Rhodes and Ted DiBiase are clearly not on his level. The company failed to build these guys up before splitting up the Legacy stable.

During this week's episode of Raw, the company tried to throw a minor wrench into things by portraying some potential friction between Cody Rhodes and Ted DiBiase. Doing so also enables them to have a way to have one of these guys winning the match by being sneaky.

Of course, beating Randy Orton that way does nothing for either guy. It's nowhere near as important as if they were to beat him in a straight up singles match. At most, this finish would lead to a feud between Cody Rhodes and Ted DiBiase.

So, regardless of who gets the win at Wrestlemania 26, all three guys are going to be nowhere further than they are now.

Tag! You're It

One of the things that came out of the Destination X pay per view that most people missed is the fact that TNA has now put themselves in a position to make the tag team division exciting again.

Tag! You're It
On the surface, the events that took place at the pay per view last night involving the tag team division doesn't appear to be much.

The Motor City Machine Guns defeated Generation Me in an Ultimate X match to become the new contenders for the TNA World Tag Team Championships, while Matt Morgan and Hernandez retained their titles despite the growing friction between the two.

If you look deeper, however, you'll see that TNA has planted the seeds to make their tag team division something exciting again.

The fans have long been asking for TNA to put the tag straps on Chris Sabin and Alex Shelley, but the company has yet to pull the trigger.

With the moves that took place at Destination X, it looks like the Motor City Machine Guns are about to lead a tag team renaissance.

Generation Speed
When word spread through the internet that TNA was interested in signing Matt and Nick Massie, also known as the Young Bucks on the independent wrestling circuit, there was a surprising amount of buzz floating around.

Despite not being known by the masses, there was a buzz surrounding these guys because of their style of wrestling. It was the same exciting style that Jeff Hardy and Matt Hardy used to capture the imagination of fans about a decade ago.

Immediately upon entering TNA, the young duo (Nick is 20 and Matt is 25) were given a great opportunity as the company gave them television time and a win over the more established Motor City Machine Guns.

That was the first seed planted.

Booking Generation Me into a #1 contenders match with the Motor City Machine Guns at Destination X was the second seed planted. Even though they didn't win the match, the duo, now known as Generation Me, were made to look pretty impressive.

That was the second seed planted.

If the Motor City Machine Guns capture the TNA World Tag Team Championships, which is quite likely since Matt Morgan and Hernandez are expected to split soon, then you can expect to see a high speed title feud against Generation Me on the horizon.

Give these two teams a couple of months to feud over the belts, and the excitement automatically comes back to the division. The matches alone would be worth checking out.

No More Randomness
TNA has been accused by their critics of copying WWE at times.

Over the last few years, WWE fans have been complaining about how the company has decided to just throw people together in the tag team division as opposed to building up legitimate tag teams. While Chris Jericho and Miz have done well to make it work, it's not the smartest of strategies.

Well, TNA was found guilty of doing the same when they decided to throw Matt Morgan and Hernandez, both of whom were in the midst of a singles push, together as tag team champions.

When they switch the tag team titles over to the Motor City Machine Guns, then they need to keep the focus on the division solely on legitimate tag teams such as Beer Money, Generation Me, and Team 3D.

My First Wrestlemania

The first Wrestlemania event is one that every wrestling fan and every wrestler will always remember.

My First Wrestlemania
Ask most wrestling fans about the first Wrestlemania they saw, and they will more than likely spend a few minutes fondly recalling the stories and memories that have been associated with that moment for years and years.

Ask a wrestler about the first Wrestlemania that they participated in, and they'll more than likely spend over an hour telling you about every little details that they remembered from that day.

Wrestlemania is an event that will forever hold a special place in the heart of professional wrestling.

Recently, WWE.com did an article regarding the first Wrestlemania event for a handful of wrestlers who are finally going to participate in the annual extravaganza.
Since it was written by WWE, there's a little bias in there, so we're going to evaluate the situations ourselves.

• Jack Swagger - The Money in the Bank match is the perfect debut match for someone like Jack Swagger. Since management gave up on his push, it doesn't look like he's going to win the briefcase. However, he doesn't necessarily need to. He just needs to be booked strong, and the momentum could carry over for the next few months.
  • Cody Rhodes - He's booked in a triple threat match featuring a main event player in Randy Orton and his tag team partner Ted DiBiase. Things would have been much better had the group remained together. Cody Rhodes and Ted DiBiase could have been participants in the Money in the Bank match. That would have worked out better.
  • The Miz - Considering how much momentum that he has right now, it's a step back for the Miz to be involved in a meaningless tag team title match against two random opponents. Miz should have been booked as the winner of the Money in the Bank match.
  • Serena - The bald diva is probably just happy to be a part of the big event. However, management could have capitalized on her momentum with the Straight Edge Society by giving her a title shot against a babyface diva champion.
  • Sheamus - Oddly enough, a match against Triple H might have been the best case scenario for Sheamus, who was pushed much too soon as a champion. He's working in a match against a main event level friend who is one of the best at making opponents look good. Can't ask for a better situation than that.
  • Evan Bourne - The high flyer is at the bottom of the totem pole on Raw. If Evan Bourne wasn't able to do acrobatic moves, then there's no way that he would have been booked on Wrestlemania. He's in the Money in the Bank match for the exact same reason that Shelton Benjamin is in there.
  • Drew McIntyre - With Vince McMahon and other high level people behind him, Drew McIntyre wasn't going to be missing Wrestlemania this year. He's actually one of the few guys that has a legitimate shot at winning the Money in the Bank match this year. Some consider him to be the favorite.
  • R-Truth - The former NWA World Heavyweight Champion is booked in a tag team title match at Wrestlemania. On the surface, that sounds great. However, everyone should know that the match was simply thrown together just for the sake of having these guys on the card. Anyone that believes that R-Truth and John Morrison are a legitimate tag team is just someone that has strings attached to Vince McMahon's fingers.
  • Dolph Ziggler - At one point, this guy had a legitimate chance of winning the Money in the Bank match and getting a major push. However, that was before management gave up on him. Now, he's just a filler in the 10 man ladder match.
  • Ted DiBiase - Had the predictions had come true and Ted DiBiase was facing Randy Orton in a straight up singles match, then things would have been just fine. Unfortunately, though, WWE screwed up the breakup of Legacy, and we're left with a lame triple threat match.
Source: WrestlingRevealed

Power 25 Divas

24 - Beth Phoenix
The Glamazon is back in full force and finally returns to the P25 after being absent. Things are looking on the up-and-up for Beth as she has reestablished her dominance on Friday nights.

22 - Maryse
The Divas Champion may have gone too far with her post-match attack on Kelly Kelly, but Maryse still was impressive and can chalk up another one in the win column.

20 - Michelle McCool
McCool and Layla have been a menace on SmackDown for the past several weeks. Now, to nobody's pleasure, they have brought their antics to Raw, attacking the red brand's Divas on Monday night.

15 - Straight Edge Society: CM Punk, Luke Gallows & Serena
Luke Gallows entered the ring as The Straight Edge Society's representative this week and picked up a big win over Rey Mysterio on Friday night.

Almost Making the List
Tiffany - With her second win in a row, the former ECW General Manager is certainly making a splash in SmackDown's Diva Division.

Credit: WWE.com
Back to top Go down
The Sexy Vixen
Billion Dolla Princess
Billion Dolla Princess
The Sexy Vixen

Female
Number of posts : 28940
Job/hobbies : Daycare. I adore children.
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Triple H, Orton, MVP, John Morrison, Dolph Ziggler, Kofi Kingston, Yoshi Tatsu, Zack Ryder
Favorite WWE Diva : Stephanie McMahon, Maryse, Mickie James, Layla, Natalya, Beth, Michelle McCool, Katie Lea, Kelly Kelly, Nikki Bella, Rosa Mendes (Victoria and Lita are my all-time faves)
Favorite TNA Wrestler : Jeff Jarrett, D'Angelo Dinero, MCMG, James Storm, AJ Styles, Amazing Red, Kiyoshi, Matt Morgan, Hernandez, Samoa Joe, Desmond Wolfe, Jeff Hardy, Kevin Nash
Favorite TNA Knockout : ODB, Christy Hemme, Jacqueline, Tara, Hamada, Daffney, Lacey Von Erich,
Registration date : 2009-03-23

PostSubject: Re: Hailey's Newsies - Issue 77 - March 26th 2010   Hailey's Newsies - Issue 77 - March 26th 2010 EmptyFri 26 Mar 2010, 7:55 pm

I am rooting for Ted Dibiase. I like Orton, though. Cody annoys me lol
Back to top Go down
http://relaxedwrestlingchat.b1.jcink.com/index.php?
janine
Melina's Barracudas
Melina's Barracudas
janine

Female
Number of posts : 5827
Job/hobbies : Animals, Wrestling, Country Music
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Edge
MVP
Chris Jericho
John Morrison
CM Punk
Tyson Kidd
DH Smith
Evan Bourne
Favorite WWE Diva : Lita
Melina
Beth
Nattie
Gail Kim
Serena

Favorite TNA Wrestler : Mr. Anderson
Kaz
Desmond Wolfe
Eric Young
Matt Morgan
AJ Styles
Favorite TNA Knockout : Daffney
Taylor Wilde
ODB
Sarita
Hamada
They keep getting rid of the good ones. :x
Registration date : 2009-03-27

PostSubject: Re: Hailey's Newsies - Issue 77 - March 26th 2010   Hailey's Newsies - Issue 77 - March 26th 2010 EmptyFri 26 Mar 2010, 8:04 pm

Im pulling for Ted to win at WM. I dont like Orton and I dont like Cody as much as I do Ted.

I think Christian or Kofi are the faves to win MITB this year.
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/janineem82
The LL Father
THEE LaylaLover
The LL Father

Male
Number of posts : 18234
Job/hobbies : Sleeping and Drinking
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Kane
Kaval
William Regal
Dolph Ziggler
The Miz
Favorite WWE Diva : Layla El
Beth Pheonix
Vickie Guerrero
Rosa Mendes
Gail Kim
Favorite TNA Wrestler : N/A
Favorite TNA Knockout : N/A
Registration date : 2008-08-03

PostSubject: Re: Hailey's Newsies - Issue 77 - March 26th 2010   Hailey's Newsies - Issue 77 - March 26th 2010 EmptyFri 26 Mar 2010, 8:20 pm

to be honest...i cant stand either much right now
Orton all the way
Back to top Go down
Mia
Shield Believer
Shield Believer
Mia

Female
Number of posts : 13322
Job/hobbies : zombies
Favorite WWE Wrestler :
Seth Rollins
Roman Reigns
Dean Ambrose
Sami Zayn
Adrian Neville
Antonio Cesaro
Dolph Ziggler
Corey Graves
Sheamus
Christian
Edge
CM Punk

Favorite WWE Diva :
Paige
Emma
Michelle
Eve
Maryse
ivory
trish
lita

Favorite TNA Wrestler : Roode
Aries
Bully Ray
Storm
The Wolves

Favorite TNA Knockout : Brooke
Christy
Taryn

Registration date : 2008-07-03

PostSubject: Re: Hailey's Newsies - Issue 77 - March 26th 2010   Hailey's Newsies - Issue 77 - March 26th 2010 EmptySat 27 Mar 2010, 1:02 am

im going for orton. and hopefully mcmg will get the titles.
Back to top Go down
KJ
The Voice
The Voice
KJ

Male
Number of posts : 3495
Registration date : 2008-12-27

PostSubject: Re: Hailey's Newsies - Issue 77 - March 26th 2010   Hailey's Newsies - Issue 77 - March 26th 2010 EmptySat 27 Mar 2010, 10:48 am

The Sexy Vixen wrote:
I am rooting for Ted Dibiase. I like Orton, though. Cody annoys me lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hailey's Newsies - Issue 77 - March 26th 2010   Hailey's Newsies - Issue 77 - March 26th 2010 Empty

Back to top Go down

Hailey's Newsies - Issue 77 - March 26th 2010
Page 1 of 1