Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Are You Really A Women's Wrestling Fan?

Go down 
+5
The LL Father
Queen Mintz
janine
The Sexy Vixen
KTV-Time
9 posters
AuthorMessage
KTV-Time
WD Stalker
KTV-Time

Male
Number of posts : 14546
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Dolph Ziggler
Tyson Kidd
Richie Steamboat
Brett & Ted Dibiasi
John Morrison
Heath Slater
Daniel Bryan
Justin Gabriel
Favorite WWE Diva : Beth Phoenix
Natalya
Maryse
Alicia Fox
Eve Torres

Favorite TNA Wrestler : AJ Styles
Kaz
Amazing Red
Chris Sabin
Alex Shelly
Daniels
Eric Young
Orlando Jordan's Boy Toy
Favorite TNA Knockout : Sarita
Angelina Love
Taylor Wilde
Santana G.

Registration date : 2009-06-13

Are You Really A Women's Wrestling Fan? Empty
PostSubject: Are You Really A Women's Wrestling Fan?   Are You Really A Women's Wrestling Fan? EmptyWed 25 Aug 2010, 3:41 pm

Are you really a women’s wrestling fan?
Article by: Kevin Sullivan W.

Over a week ago, I made an attempt to get to know a member here. We exchanged a couple of PM’s and he brought to my attention I always felt. When do you truly consider someone a Women’s Wrestling Fan? They say it’s someone who enjoys women’s wrestling, but is that truly the case?

After the couple PM’s I shared with him, I felt he did have a point. He didn’t consider most the people on the forum Women’s Wrestling fans, and oddly, I agreed. To be honest, I don’t consider 90% of this entire forum women’s wrestling fans. This is not to bash anyone, let me start with that first. This is just an opinion, many people go around here go around calling themselves “Women Wrestling Fans” and I feel I don’t agree.

For a group of people who consider themselves women wrestling fans, they are really small minded and isn’t open to actually experience it as a whole. How can you call yourself a women’s wrestling fan if you have little knowledge to how amazing talented girls like Sara del Rey, Wesna Busic, Mercedes Martinez, MsChif, Lacey, Daizee Haze, Portia Perez are? You know them by name, but do you truly know their work? How can you call yourself a women’s wrestling fan if you don’t know what kind of impact tag teams like Minnesota Home Wrecking Crew, Team Blondage & T&A (Talia Madison & April Hunter) has brought to women’s tag team wrestling? Minnesota Home Wrecking crew who is considered one of the top 50 teams in wrestling history along side The Jumping Bomb Angels & The Glamour Girls, WAY better then LayCool ever was, WAY better then The Beautiful people ever were.

How can you call yourself a woman’s wrestling fan if you have no idea what a pioneer April Hunter was for women’s wrestling and how many male wrestlers world wide has the hugest respect for her as a worker.

How can you call yourself a women’s wrestling fan if you will know little to nothing once your “Favorite” Diva or Knockout once TNA or WWE fires them? All the Mickie James fans won’t care to watch her post WWE work in Shimmer, WSU or JAPW or anywhere else. And the same deal goes with Awesome Kong, Alissa Flash. Even once it happens to Serena, Melina, Beth goes, no one will care, because you aren’t women’s wrestling fans, you are entertainment television fans (WWE & TNA). Not to put anyone down, but the same Beth Phoenix or Melina you see on TV will produce the same or even better work in WSU, Shimmer or JAPW…But no one will care. And don’t forget where they came from as well?

Not to knock anyone down, BUT you can’t call yourself a women’s wrestling fan if you don’t care for a Diva or a Knockout after they stop doing mainstream shows or you don’t try to understand the core and the heart of women’s wrestling itself. You have no idea how much joy it is to see someone you’ve seen grow as a wrestler (like I did with Taylor Wilde) and see them 4/5 years in a major mainstream promotion, and the achievements throughout their career, from when they looked like Maria to when they looked like Sara del Rey in the ring.

Because lets be honest, your favorites, Beth Phoenix, Melina, Cherry, Torrie, Mickie, would have never been your favorites, if they were never in the WWE, just imagine if they were your favorites WAY beyond that and to finally see them in the WWE.

Anyways, that is all I have to say I guess, feel free to comment if you like.
Back to top Go down
The Sexy Vixen
Billion Dolla Princess
Billion Dolla Princess
The Sexy Vixen

Female
Number of posts : 28940
Job/hobbies : Daycare. I adore children.
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Triple H, Orton, MVP, John Morrison, Dolph Ziggler, Kofi Kingston, Yoshi Tatsu, Zack Ryder
Favorite WWE Diva : Stephanie McMahon, Maryse, Mickie James, Layla, Natalya, Beth, Michelle McCool, Katie Lea, Kelly Kelly, Nikki Bella, Rosa Mendes (Victoria and Lita are my all-time faves)
Favorite TNA Wrestler : Jeff Jarrett, D'Angelo Dinero, MCMG, James Storm, AJ Styles, Amazing Red, Kiyoshi, Matt Morgan, Hernandez, Samoa Joe, Desmond Wolfe, Jeff Hardy, Kevin Nash
Favorite TNA Knockout : ODB, Christy Hemme, Jacqueline, Tara, Hamada, Daffney, Lacey Von Erich,
Registration date : 2009-03-23

PostSubject: Re: Are You Really A Women's Wrestling Fan?   Are You Really A Women's Wrestling Fan? EmptyWed 25 Aug 2010, 3:46 pm

hun you know someone is gonna get offended by this shifty

nice article though. You are a good writer.
Back to top Go down
http://relaxedwrestlingchat.b1.jcink.com/index.php?
janine
Melina's Barracudas
Melina's Barracudas
janine

Female
Number of posts : 5827
Job/hobbies : Animals, Wrestling, Country Music
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Edge
MVP
Chris Jericho
John Morrison
CM Punk
Tyson Kidd
DH Smith
Evan Bourne
Favorite WWE Diva : Lita
Melina
Beth
Nattie
Gail Kim
Serena

Favorite TNA Wrestler : Mr. Anderson
Kaz
Desmond Wolfe
Eric Young
Matt Morgan
AJ Styles
Favorite TNA Knockout : Daffney
Taylor Wilde
ODB
Sarita
Hamada
They keep getting rid of the good ones. :x
Registration date : 2009-03-27

PostSubject: Re: Are You Really A Women's Wrestling Fan?   Are You Really A Women's Wrestling Fan? EmptyWed 25 Aug 2010, 4:31 pm

Good Article Kev. I am not offended at all. I do see where you are coming from.
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/janineem82
Queen Mintz
Melina's Barracudas
Melina's Barracudas
Queen Mintz

Female
Number of posts : 8217
Randy Orton
CM Punk
The Shield
Favorite WWE Diva : AJ Lee
Registration date : 2009-11-04

PostSubject: Re: Are You Really A Women's Wrestling Fan?   Are You Really A Women's Wrestling Fan? EmptyWed 25 Aug 2010, 5:18 pm

One doesn't need to know who certain women are to be a women's wrestling fan. I consider myself a women's wrestling fan and I haven't seen half of those women wrestle. But I've seen Melina, Michelle, Beth, Gail, Jillian, Mickie, Trish, Lita, etc. put on fantastic matches at ppvs even some lasting almost 10 minutes.

If you go around talking about how hot a woman is and basically all you care about is eye candy and the models "improving" rather than the women who work their asses off each and every day to entertain the fans and do what they love to do then I'd say you're not a women's wrestling fan. It's about wrestling, not looks.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/minterz
The LL Father
THEE LaylaLover
The LL Father

Male
Number of posts : 18234
Job/hobbies : Sleeping and Drinking
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Kane
Kaval
William Regal
Dolph Ziggler
The Miz
Favorite WWE Diva : Layla El
Beth Pheonix
Vickie Guerrero
Rosa Mendes
Gail Kim
Favorite TNA Wrestler : N/A
Favorite TNA Knockout : N/A
Registration date : 2008-08-03

PostSubject: Re: Are You Really A Women's Wrestling Fan?   Are You Really A Women's Wrestling Fan? EmptyWed 25 Aug 2010, 5:31 pm

i consider myself a womens wrestling fan
because i like seeing women wrestle
in what ever capacity
it has nothing to do with who my favourites are
if i saw a womens wrestling match on a tv channel..and i had no idea who either were, i would not change the channel...because i like seeing women wrestle
Back to top Go down
KTV-Time
WD Stalker
KTV-Time

Male
Tyson Kidd
Richie Steamboat
Brett & Ted Dibiasi
John Morrison
Heath Slater
Daniel Bryan
Justin Gabriel
Natalya
Maryse
Alicia Fox
Eve Torres

Kaz
Amazing Red
Chris Sabin
Alex Shelly
Daniels
Eric Young
Orlando Jordan's Boy Toy
Angelina Love
Taylor Wilde
Santana G.

PostSubject: Re: Are You Really A Women's Wrestling Fan?   Are You Really A Women's Wrestling Fan? EmptyWed 25 Aug 2010, 6:11 pm

Queen Mintz wrote:
One doesn't need to know who certain women are to be a women's wrestling fan. I consider myself a women's wrestling fan and I haven't seen half of those women wrestle. But I've seen Melina, Michelle, Beth, Gail, Jillian, Mickie, Trish, Lita, etc. put on fantastic matches at ppvs even some lasting almost 10 minutes.

Would you think the exact same thing about these wmen if they weren't in the WWE? That is the point i'm trying to bring forward. WOuld you have been this close or this much of a Melina fan if she never showed up in the WWE? Lord knows you might have heard the name, but wouldn't have given her a second look because she wasn't in WWE or TNA.

That is the point i'm trying to bring forward, say your a divas fan or a knockouts fan, but you can't consider yourself a women's wrestling fan.
Back to top Go down
The Sexy Vixen
Billion Dolla Princess
Billion Dolla Princess
The Sexy Vixen

Female
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Triple H, Orton, MVP, John Morrison, Dolph Ziggler, Kofi Kingston, Yoshi Tatsu, Zack Ryder
Favorite WWE Diva : Stephanie McMahon, Maryse, Mickie James, Layla, Natalya, Beth, Michelle McCool, Katie Lea, Kelly Kelly, Nikki Bella, Rosa Mendes (Victoria and Lita are my all-time faves)
Favorite TNA Wrestler : Jeff Jarrett, D'Angelo Dinero, MCMG, James Storm, AJ Styles, Amazing Red, Kiyoshi, Matt Morgan, Hernandez, Samoa Joe, Desmond Wolfe, Jeff Hardy, Kevin Nash
Favorite TNA Knockout : ODB, Christy Hemme, Jacqueline, Tara, Hamada, Daffney, Lacey Von Erich,

PostSubject: Re: Are You Really A Women's Wrestling Fan?   Are You Really A Women's Wrestling Fan? EmptyWed 25 Aug 2010, 9:21 pm

I only began watching SHIMMER cause Kevin was raging about them like a fangirl. (love ya Kev lol)

but I'm happy I did. I just wish i had the capability to download half the stuff he has told me he has seen...but i cant...all i can do is search youtube/dailymotion and buy SHIMMER dvds.

but i dont see anything wrong with me liking Rosa cause she's hott. That is what WWE is aiming for...hot women. I like Maryse and Rosa for those reasons...along with Maryse being a good heel and very charismatic. I dont see how that makes me less of a fan. I go to WWE for "divas" and "models".

when i want REAL women's wrestling....I turn to SHIMMER and the indies. So I can say i consider myself a fan of women's wrestling. WWE has long since given up on the idea that 2 women can bring it in the ring like men, so i dont even entertain the thought of a REAL women's match happening in WWE. lol

about 1 year ago there was a Cheerleader Melissa indy match on network tv..i have no idea who the hell she was fighting but when i saw 2 girls going at it hardcore like men..no bikinis or crap, I was hooked. Melissa kicked ass in that match.
Back to top Go down
Paul Wyatt
NCD aka Name Changing Dude
Paul Wyatt

Male
Number of posts : 18569
Job/hobbies : Self-Improving
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Antonio Cesaro
Bray Wyatt
Daniel Bryan
Dolph Ziggler
Sheamus
The Shield
The Usos
Wade Barrett
Favorite WWE Diva : Naomi
Natalya
Favorite TNA Wrestler : Austin Aries
Bobby Roode
Bully Ray
Eric Young
James Storm
Registration date : 2008-07-31

PostSubject: Re: Are You Really A Women's Wrestling Fan?   Are You Really A Women's Wrestling Fan? EmptyWed 25 Aug 2010, 9:50 pm

Bottom line for me on this subject:

I'm not any less of a fan because I don't know many of those women are. If I don't go scavenger hunting for dvds snd online videos of ROH, what makes you believe I'll do the same for Shimmer? lmao. I'll watch some matches occasionally because I hate watching long ass vids on the internet... much like I hate reading long ass posts. lol

Make sense?
Back to top Go down
KTV-Time
WD Stalker
KTV-Time

Male
Tyson Kidd
Richie Steamboat
Brett & Ted Dibiasi
John Morrison
Heath Slater
Daniel Bryan
Justin Gabriel
Natalya
Maryse
Alicia Fox
Eve Torres

Kaz
Amazing Red
Chris Sabin
Alex Shelly
Daniels
Eric Young
Orlando Jordan's Boy Toy
Angelina Love
Taylor Wilde
Santana G.

PostSubject: Re: Are You Really A Women's Wrestling Fan?   Are You Really A Women's Wrestling Fan? EmptyWed 25 Aug 2010, 10:01 pm

Molly Go Round wrote:
because I hate watching long ass vids on the internet... much like I hate reading long ass posts. lol

Are You Really A Women's Wrestling Fan? 2nrlb81
Back to top Go down
Shimmer Mark
World Champion
World Champion
Shimmer Mark

Male
Number of posts : 2263
Job/hobbies : Banking
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Antonio Cesaro, Justin Gabriel, Evan Bourne
Favorite WWE Diva : AJ, Natalya, Paige
Favorite TNA Wrestler : AJ Styles, Christopher Daniels
Favorite TNA Knockout : Gail Kim
Registration date : 2008-09-13

PostSubject: Re: Are You Really A Women's Wrestling Fan?   Are You Really A Women's Wrestling Fan? EmptyWed 25 Aug 2010, 10:45 pm

For me, this is like saying you are a wine connoisseur, but you only drink Boonesfarm wine. Just like Boonesfarm is a wine, the WWE and TNA divisions are women's wrestling. However, there is much much better wrestling out there. There is nothing wrong with only liking the mainstream divisions, but if you want to see real women wrestling, you need to watch some Shimmer or WSU stuff. There are TONS of videos on youtube or dailymotion that you can watch without having to go purchase the DVDs.

Some of the mainstream women that I would consider top notch (Sarita, Taylor Wilde, Hamada, Angelina Love, Gail Kim, Beth Phoenix, Natalya, Michelle McCool, & Melina). However, there are a ton of top notch women that aren't main stream. It is well worth looking into the matches from Sara Del Rey, the Minnesota Home Wrecking Crew, Wesna, Madison Eagles. Heck even some of the newer women like Jennifer Blake, Tennille, and Kellie Skater have incredible talent.

I very much consider myself a huge fan of women's wrestling. I love watching the women in the WWE and TNA. But I would have to say my main love lies with Shimmer.
Back to top Go down
Paul Wyatt
Paul Wyatt

Male
Bray Wyatt
Daniel Bryan
Dolph Ziggler
Sheamus
The Shield
The Usos
Wade Barrett
Natalya
Bobby Roode
Bully Ray
Eric Young
James Storm

PostSubject: Re: Are You Really A Women's Wrestling Fan?   Are You Really A Women's Wrestling Fan? EmptyWed 25 Aug 2010, 11:18 pm

Coin-Operated Boy wrote:
Molly Go Round wrote:
because I hate watching long ass vids on the internet... much like I hate reading long ass posts. lol

Are You Really A Women's Wrestling Fan? 2nrlb81

DVDs aren't really my thing. I rarely watch regular regular dvds. If I did buy wrestling DVDs, I'd watch em a few times then, meh... they'd just be sitting and collecting dust.

Watching a match online really suck for me! Take ppv streams as an example: I'll only watch certain ppvs if the card is good enough because it's uncomfortable as shit sitting with a laptop (even worse at a desktop) for like two or three hours... even with a stretch and bathroom break.

Do you create your own gifs?
Back to top Go down
Queen Mintz
Melina's Barracudas
Melina's Barracudas
Queen Mintz

Female
Number of posts : 8217
Randy Orton
CM Punk
The Shield
Favorite WWE Diva : AJ Lee
Registration date : 2009-11-04

PostSubject: Re: Are You Really A Women's Wrestling Fan?   Are You Really A Women's Wrestling Fan? EmptyWed 25 Aug 2010, 11:36 pm

Coin-Operated Boy wrote:
Queen Mintz wrote:

Would you think the exact same thing about these wmen if they weren't in the WWE? That is the point i'm trying to bring forward. WOuld you have been this close or this much of a Melina fan if she never showed up in the WWE? Lord knows you might have heard the name, but wouldn't have given her a second look because she wasn't in WWE or TNA.

That is the point i'm trying to bring forward, say your a divas fan or a knockouts fan, but you can't consider yourself a women's wrestling fan.
Regardless of where Melina came from I would've still been a fan. Say she had been in Shimmer and I saw vids of her, I would've instantly fell in love with her. Same goes with the rest. That's what happened when I saw Lacey.

I actually think if all the women I mentioned weren't in WWE they would be 20x better than what we're seeing them do now
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/minterz
The Sexy Vixen
Billion Dolla Princess
Billion Dolla Princess
The Sexy Vixen

Female

PostSubject: Re: Are You Really A Women's Wrestling Fan?   Are You Really A Women's Wrestling Fan? EmptyThu 26 Aug 2010, 12:35 am

Scot...no love for the latina sensation, Mercedes Martinez? Teary Eyed

I'm quite pleased that i took the time to dive into the indy scene and see what's out there. I might've never known about the likes of Del Ray or Daizee Haze.

Wesna Busic!!!!! I LOVE her KO or submission match vs Cheerleader Melissa
Back to top Go down
Paul Wyatt
Paul Wyatt

Male
Bray Wyatt
Daniel Bryan
Dolph Ziggler
Sheamus
The Shield
The Usos
Wade Barrett
Natalya
Bobby Roode
Bully Ray
Eric Young
James Storm

PostSubject: Re: Are You Really A Women's Wrestling Fan?   Are You Really A Women's Wrestling Fan? EmptyThu 26 Aug 2010, 12:43 am

The Sexy Vixen wrote:
Scot...no love for the latina sensation, Mercedes Martinez? Teary Eyed

I'm quite pleased that i took the time to dive into the indy scene and see what's out there. I might've never known about the likes of Del Ray or Daizee Haze.

Wesna Busic!!!!! I LOVE her KO or submission match vs Cheerleader Melissa

If you hadn't, would you consider yourself any less a fan?
Back to top Go down
The Sexy Vixen
Billion Dolla Princess
Billion Dolla Princess
The Sexy Vixen

Female

PostSubject: Re: Are You Really A Women's Wrestling Fan?   Are You Really A Women's Wrestling Fan? EmptyThu 26 Aug 2010, 12:45 am

before watching indys i considered myself just a diva fan...since i knew there was more out there but never really knew about it.

people ask me why i watched WWE and i just siad "i like the divas"

so i wouldnt say less of a fan...i'd just be a different kind of fan...a diva fan...not a women's wrestling fan.
Back to top Go down
Paul Wyatt
Paul Wyatt

Male
Bray Wyatt
Daniel Bryan
Dolph Ziggler
Sheamus
The Shield
The Usos
Wade Barrett
Natalya
Bobby Roode
Bully Ray
Eric Young
James Storm

PostSubject: Re: Are You Really A Women's Wrestling Fan?   Are You Really A Women's Wrestling Fan? EmptyThu 26 Aug 2010, 12:48 am

Cool.
Back to top Go down
Paul Wyatt
Paul Wyatt

Male
Bray Wyatt
Daniel Bryan
Dolph Ziggler
Sheamus
The Shield
The Usos
Wade Barrett
Natalya
Bobby Roode
Bully Ray
Eric Young
James Storm

PostSubject: Re: Are You Really A Women's Wrestling Fan?   Are You Really A Women's Wrestling Fan? EmptyThu 26 Aug 2010, 1:19 am

One more thing about this subject. I watch AAA wrestling on weekends (not every - sometimes I forget to watch) and lucha women are as talented as any in the world.

Fuck... I don't know their fucking names, but Idc because they put on a hell of a match.
Back to top Go down
Angelus
WD Stalker
Angelus

Number of posts : 11345
Registration date : 2008-08-24

PostSubject: Re: Are You Really A Women's Wrestling Fan?   Are You Really A Women's Wrestling Fan? EmptyThu 26 Aug 2010, 2:59 am

If they turn into wwe or tna every week to watch women's wrestling then they are a fan.

the definition of a fanantic is

somebody who is very enthusiastic about a pastime or hobby.

Which mean if they like anyone mainstream that makes them no less of a fan because they ain't gonna go out watch videos on youtube or pay for dvds. I mean honestly I would never pay for a Independent promotions dvds no matter how good they are. I mean that's probably Shimmer and them problem itself. If you want to attract wrestling fans you got to get your show on tv for the fans can watch and get attached to a wrestler. Not charge them 10 dollars or whatever they want too. I mean wwe and tna still sell ppvs but it ain't that much I mean for 5 dvds at 10 dollars I can order a main stream ppv and get to enjoy a product I am able to keep up with and track of which to me would always be my choice.
Back to top Go down
Jordan H.
The Nexus
The Nexus
Jordan H.

Male
Number of posts : 4884
Job/hobbies : CHEYEAH!
Favorite WWE Wrestler : John Cena
Favorite WWE Diva : Kaitlyn
Favorite TNA Wrestler : Bobby Roode and/or James Storm
Registration date : 2009-08-10

PostSubject: Re: Are You Really A Women's Wrestling Fan?   Are You Really A Women's Wrestling Fan? EmptyThu 26 Aug 2010, 3:01 am

Am I really a women's wrestling fan? NO. Surprise, surprise.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Are You Really A Women's Wrestling Fan?   Are You Really A Women's Wrestling Fan? Empty

Back to top Go down

Are You Really A Women's Wrestling Fan?
Page 1 of 1