Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Really confused with everything...

Go down 
AuthorMessage
X
Ultimate Opportunist
X

Male
Number of posts : 8594
Favorite WWE Wrestler : ---
Justin Gabriel
Kofi Kingston
Chris Jericho
Tyson Kidd
Favorite WWE Diva : ---
AJ
Kaitlyn
Natalya

Favorite TNA Wrestler : ---
Rob Van Dam

Favorite TNA Knockout : ---
Tara
Christy Hemme
Gail
Registration date : 2008-08-24

Really confused with everything... Empty
PostReally confused with everything...

I'm 19 and feel like I should have a clear idea on what I wanted to do with my life. In many ways this year at uni has helped/but at the same time complicated my career preference. I was confident about doing a law degree and becoming a lawyer/barrister, however after studying two law subjects this year and going to the courts, I realized the workload seems too much and court seems rather boring. It ain't like the movies...And the money ain't as good as made out to be.

I'm currently doing a Legal Practice Management Course, which although not too interesting, does seem more helpful at this moment. I was thinking of getting into journalism because I love writing opinion pieces, and believe I do a pretty awesome job at them.

I was also thinking about hospitality industry like I have been for a few years...Owning a club/resturant is still a future aspiration/possibility. At my current hospitality job I earned $15,000 in 8 months, which I think is pretty good to survive on until I find out. But with the $20,000 scholarship I recieved, I feel I am wasting the money by doing a course which I may not even continue into the workplace with.

I realize noone can tell me what to do, but just felt like venting to aybe help me a little, and possibly recieve some feedback on ways to go..
Back to top Go down
Share this post on: reddit

Really confused with everything... :: Comments

Venom
Re: Really confused with everything...
Post Sat 11 Sep 2010, 2:59 am by Venom
When the right thing comes along, you'll just know that it's what you're supposed to do. Even if that means going through trial and error with other careers before you get to that point. I'm pretty much in the same boat as you right now. I feel like all my friends know what they want to do with their lives, it's just a matter of getting there. I'm still in the dark.

But I hope you start figuring things out as quick as possible.

Btw you were in my dream a few nights ago, lmao, if that makes anything better.
X
Post Sat 11 Sep 2010, 3:18 am by X
LMFAO really? What happened? I wasn't the dumb blonde who got killed by the mass murderer was I? hilarious
Venom
Post Sat 11 Sep 2010, 3:22 am by Venom
LMAO nope! It was completely random, you moved into my neighborhood.

Heeey maybe you should come to the States now xD.
X
Post Sat 11 Sep 2010, 3:29 am by X
Haha that woulda been cool smile
Venom
Post Sat 11 Sep 2010, 3:32 am by Venom
It would be! Really confused with everything... 156767
The Sexy Vixen
Post Sat 11 Sep 2010, 3:33 am by The Sexy Vixen
nothing wrong with being unsure.

when i graduated high school at 18 i had no idea what i wanted in life.

i took 3 years off...worked and worked until i had a solid idea of what i wanted. and now here i am, close to graduating with my Associate's and then starting my career towards a Bachelor's degree.

and i'll have both degrees by the time i'm 26...so i'd say i'm right on track lol

just think long and hard about what you want out of life and what will make you happy.
X
Post Sat 11 Sep 2010, 3:34 am by X
I wanted to take a year off and just work...But I can't because I'll lose my scholarship money if I do lol Teary Eyed

I'm just so sick of studying, and being told how professionals want things presented and studying for crap.
The Sexy Vixen
Post Sat 11 Sep 2010, 3:38 am by The Sexy Vixen
i chose a plan that leaves me with tons of options

my associate's is in psychology..

when i pursue a bachelor's i can go Psych, Education or Counseling...either way i'll get to work with kids, like i want, it just depends on how i want to approach them.

maybe look for a degree that leaves you with a large range of options. it's not uncommon for people to constantly switch majors though. that happens alot here in the US as people try to find what career path best suits them.
X
Post Sat 11 Sep 2010, 3:44 am by X
The one I'm doing sorta does that. I could become a legal associate/use it to work way up, or get involved in the business side. I refuse to do accounting side though lol.
The Sexy Vixen
Post Sat 11 Sep 2010, 3:45 am by The Sexy Vixen
as much as i loved math in high school...i hate it now so i could never do any kind of accounting job or anything that has to do with numbers. lol
Queen Mintz
Post Sat 11 Sep 2010, 4:29 am by Queen Mintz
I'm going to be 24 next month and I'm still not sure what I want to do. I'm thinking about just getting my Associates Degree in General Studies and becoming a proofreader then working my way up to a copy editor and then an editor because I love to read and I'm really good with grammar.

College was just something new for me and I thought I would try it out to see what other options I had just incase I did find something I really want to pursue. This is my first semester of course so maybe I'll find something along the way.

Just find something you really love to do. You're a great writer as I've seen with your stories and you're definitely a very smart man.
KTV-Time
Post Sat 11 Sep 2010, 1:58 pm by KTV-Time
I'm going to be 23 next year and I have no idea what i'm going to be. I don't know where i picture myself in 5 years, 10 years, 15 years, 20 years. I just do what interests me. I was going to do accountancy, then i heard you have to do a little Law, i was like hell know.....so decided to do "Marketing & Advertising" when i'm done with my 2 years of "Administrative Worker". Might do "International Marketing & Advertising" but i'll try the none "Internationa;" first lol.

I don't know what it is...or what i'll be doing....but hey i'll give it a go

Really confused with everything...

Page 1 of 1