Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Kevin Nash on why he left TNA, return to WWE?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Dead
The Sports Guy
Dead

Male
Number of posts : 31046
Registration date : 2008-08-19

Kevin Nash on why he left TNA, return to WWE? Empty
PostSubject: Kevin Nash on why he left TNA, return to WWE?   Kevin Nash on why he left TNA, return to WWE? EmptyThu 21 Oct 2010, 6:30 pm

Former TNA wrestler Kevin Nash talked about no longer being with TNA after the company did not offer him a contract extension during an interview on "Ringside Radio" last night.

"I was never given a contract (laughs) to sign. We never had the discussion," he said. "It just - I think they were involved in a couple of other things. TNA is a small company and I think some other things came up and I just slipped between the cracks."

Nash's deal came due earlier this month and he was asked to take a pay cut, but opted not to sign a new deal. He cited that he worked without a contract for a few weeks last year and figured TNA thought he would "just wait patiently" for a new contract offer to be made this year.

Asked if he has any desire to book or work on the creative team, Nash said, "Not in TNA." He added: "I'd help the creative some place, but I wouldn't want the responsibility - I don't have enough time in my life."

Nash said he believes the "Immortals" invasion angle could help TNA if they let the group "run the company" for several months to build heat before the babyfaces make a comeback. He talked extensively about his philosophy on building as much heat as possible on the heels to draw money.

"You know it works when the babyfaces in the company start walking in the booking office and start complaining," he said. "It leads to people pulling for the babyfaces. ... The heat always draws money."

Nash cited Fortune beating down EV2 and bloodying them early in their feud this summer, then EV2 coming back the next week and making a comeback, which hurt Fortune's heat from the week before.

-- Regarding a potential return to WWE, Nash said he would be honored to be inducted into the Hall of Fame, but he doesn't believe he would be offered a deal to return because Vince McMahon is "going with the youth movement.

"I think it's a mistake, but they can do what they want to do," Nash said. He said his philosophy is wrestlers
draw money between the ages of 35 and 40. "The younger wrestlers haven't been in the business long enough to know how to draw money," he said.

"You're basically going to wait six, seven years to get any return on it (investing in younger stars), and I don't think the business can wait that long," Nash said. He cited Edge as a wrestler who needed ten years to become a main eventer once the audience began to follow his character year after year.

Nash said he believes WWE made a major mistake with former WWE champion Sheamus when they had him run away from Nexus a few months ago on TV.

"I would never believe in that guy again," Nash said. "This is a guy who has potential to draw money. It definitely hurt the character." He added that WWE has to be careful with pivoting too far in one direction with unestablished younger characters.

-- Nash said he has no desire to write an autobiography. "Too many skeletons," he said. Nash said he doesn't want to go backwards pointing the finger at other wrestlers or naming names on the things he did earlier in his wrestling career.

Asked about a movie about his life, Nash wanted to know who would play him. The hosts suggested Matt Morgan. Nash joked that he's too young and doesn't have enough gray hair.

Nash talked up Morgan as a wrestler, saying: "Out of the younger guys, Matt's a talent. Maybe I'll just come back and manage him so I don't have to take any bumps."

-- Nash said his one last goal in wrestling would be to stand behind Shawn Michaels doing the fist-in-the-air while Michaels does the double biceps pose one last time. "That's not going to happen," he said. "Maybe his front yard or my backyard."

Nash added: "I'm happy with what I'm accomplished. Beat up, but not crippled. If I never wrestle another day, I'm cool with that."

Nash said if he were to return to WWE
, he would like one last run against Undertaker with their matches "running on wisdom rather than testosterone." He suggested Nash's Career vs. The Streak for WrestleMania 27 after being proposed a "revenge match" after Taker ended Michaels's career at WrestleMania 26.

Link: Nash's full interview can be found on Ringside Radio on BlogTalkRadio.com with Scott Fishman. The interview begins at the start of the radio show.

[Torch photo credit Wade Keller (c) PWTorch.com]
Back to top Go down
Paul Wyatt
NCD aka Name Changing Dude
NCD aka Name Changing Dude
Paul Wyatt

Male
Number of posts : 18569
Job/hobbies : Self-Improving
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Antonio Cesaro
Bray Wyatt
Daniel Bryan
Dolph Ziggler
Sheamus
The Shield
The Usos
Wade Barrett
Favorite WWE Diva : Naomi
Natalya
Favorite TNA Wrestler : Austin Aries
Bobby Roode
Bully Ray
Eric Young
James Storm
Registration date : 2008-07-31

PostSubject: Re: Kevin Nash on why he left TNA, return to WWE?   Kevin Nash on why he left TNA, return to WWE? EmptyThu 21 Oct 2010, 7:38 pm

His wisdom oozes from this piece.
Back to top Go down
The Sexy Vixen
Billion Dolla Princess
Billion Dolla Princess
The Sexy Vixen

Female
Number of posts : 28940
Job/hobbies : Daycare. I adore children.
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Triple H, Orton, MVP, John Morrison, Dolph Ziggler, Kofi Kingston, Yoshi Tatsu, Zack Ryder
Favorite WWE Diva : Stephanie McMahon, Maryse, Mickie James, Layla, Natalya, Beth, Michelle McCool, Katie Lea, Kelly Kelly, Nikki Bella, Rosa Mendes (Victoria and Lita are my all-time faves)
Favorite TNA Wrestler : Jeff Jarrett, D'Angelo Dinero, MCMG, James Storm, AJ Styles, Amazing Red, Kiyoshi, Matt Morgan, Hernandez, Samoa Joe, Desmond Wolfe, Jeff Hardy, Kevin Nash
Favorite TNA Knockout : ODB, Christy Hemme, Jacqueline, Tara, Hamada, Daffney, Lacey Von Erich,
Registration date : 2009-03-23

PostSubject: Re: Kevin Nash on why he left TNA, return to WWE?   Kevin Nash on why he left TNA, return to WWE? EmptyThu 21 Oct 2010, 7:49 pm

Kevin dont come back to WWE to wrestle...you wanna manage or something, great but please dont get your old ass in the ring ever again..esp not with those bad knees lol
Back to top Go down
http://relaxedwrestlingchat.b1.jcink.com/index.php?
KTV-Time
WD Stalker
KTV-Time

Male
Number of posts : 14546
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Dolph Ziggler
Tyson Kidd
Richie Steamboat
Brett & Ted Dibiasi
John Morrison
Heath Slater
Daniel Bryan
Justin Gabriel
Favorite WWE Diva : Beth Phoenix
Natalya
Maryse
Alicia Fox
Eve Torres

Favorite TNA Wrestler : AJ Styles
Kaz
Amazing Red
Chris Sabin
Alex Shelly
Daniels
Eric Young
Orlando Jordan's Boy Toy
Favorite TNA Knockout : Sarita
Angelina Love
Taylor Wilde
Santana G.

Registration date : 2009-06-13

PostSubject: Re: Kevin Nash on why he left TNA, return to WWE?   Kevin Nash on why he left TNA, return to WWE? EmptyThu 21 Oct 2010, 7:53 pm

Uhm Vix why not??? My plans i had to do things when going there will be ruined hilarious
Back to top Go down
Jordan H.
The Nexus
The Nexus
Jordan H.

Male
Number of posts : 4884
Job/hobbies : CHEYEAH!
Favorite WWE Wrestler : John Cena
Favorite WWE Diva : Kaitlyn
Favorite TNA Wrestler : Bobby Roode and/or James Storm
Registration date : 2009-08-10

PostSubject: Re: Kevin Nash on why he left TNA, return to WWE?   Kevin Nash on why he left TNA, return to WWE? EmptyFri 22 Oct 2010, 12:57 am

Kevin is just....MEH, so irrelevant, I don't even have a word for it, just who cares what he thinks really?? You want to ask advice from the guy who destroyed WCW's main money maker because he wanted to give himself the street cred he ended the man's winning streak? 'Too many skeletons?' Damn right. He's an asshole, last thing he wants is to make his self look bad and he knows writing an autobiography will do just that. Cocksucker.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kevin Nash on why he left TNA, return to WWE?   Kevin Nash on why he left TNA, return to WWE? Empty

Back to top Go down

Kevin Nash on why he left TNA, return to WWE?
Page 1 of 1