Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Finlay Talks About Firing and Training Divas

Go down 
AuthorMessage
King Silva
King of Kings
King Silva

Male
Number of posts : 32652
Favorite WWE Wrestler : ---
Current and Former:
The Rock, JoMo, Ziggler, Edge, Orton, Y2J, Hardyz, + Rhodes!
Favorite WWE Diva : -------
ALL TIME
# 1} Lita
# 2} Trish Stratus
# 3} Mickie James
# 4} Gail Kim
# 5} Michelle McCool

Favorite TNA Wrestler : ----

Favorite TNA Knockout : ---
Registration date : 2009-09-30

Finlay Talks About Firing and Training Divas Empty
PostSubject: Finlay Talks About Firing and Training Divas   Finlay Talks About Firing and Training Divas EmptyMon 11 Jul 2011, 8:52 pm

NORTHERN IRISH wrestling legend Finlay has spoken out for the first time about his WWE dismissal.

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/wrestling/3688680/Finlay-Why-I-was-fired-by-WWE.html#ixzz1RqO1Ofuz

The star was let go in March after he was in control of a house show in which America's national anthem was disrespected by bad guy The Miz, while military personnel were in attendance.

Recounting the story to Fighting Spirit Magazine, Finlay said: "I was given a lot of leeway and a lot of power in WWE, and that comes with a lot of responsibility. I made a call that caused a storm and I paid for it.

"They play the American national anthem over here before every event. We had Miz going out first and, because it was just before WrestleMania, we were trying to get as much heat on him as possible.

"So my spur-of-the-moment call, as I sat right by the technician, was to tell him to hit Miz's music while they were half-way through the national anthem.

"Of course, people were up in arms about it, but it was a good reaction as a heel. But there were National Guard people in the building that took exception to it, and I understand that fully.

"It wasn't intended to insult anybody in that way — it was just part of an entertaining show. That's what we do, we entertain — it's about cheers and boos."

In the wide-ranging chat, Finlay also talked about his much-lauded work with the WWE Divas.

Fighting Spirit Magazine

During the early 2000s heyday of the women's division, Fit trained the likes of Trish Stratus, Lita and Victoria and had them putting on fantastic female matches.

He recalled: When I first went to WWE, we were doing all these silly matches: mud-baths, lingerie matches and all this stuff.

"So I had to tell these girls how to do these matches, and it was so embarrassing.

"I got all the girls together one time, and said, 'Girls, I'm embarrassed doing this stuff, but what I would like to do is teach you how to wrestle, and bring you higher up the totem pole wrestling-wise.'

"So we started working on that, and began having a good little thing going on with wrestling."

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/wrestling/3688680/Finlay-Why-I-was-fired-by-WWE.html#ixzz1RqNSDjSK

-----------------------------------------
So what are your thoughts on Finlay's release?

Do you think he should/will be rehired?

Do you want him to go back to training the divas?
Back to top Go down

Finlay Talks About Firing and Training Divas
Page 1 of 1