Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

"Why Fans Need to Cut the Models in WWE Some Slack"

Go down 
+6
WarGreymon77
bobby_says_hi
REIGNBOW
Venom
Dead
Paul Wyatt
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Paul Wyatt
NCD aka Name Changing Dude
Paul Wyatt

Male
Number of posts : 18569
Job/hobbies : Self-Improving
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Antonio Cesaro
Bray Wyatt
Daniel Bryan
Dolph Ziggler
Sheamus
The Shield
The Usos
Wade Barrett
Favorite WWE Diva : Naomi
Natalya
Favorite TNA Wrestler : Austin Aries
Bobby Roode
Bully Ray
Eric Young
James Storm
Registration date : 2008-07-31

"Why Fans Need to Cut the Models in WWE Some Slack" Empty
PostSubject: "Why Fans Need to Cut the Models in WWE Some Slack"   "Why Fans Need to Cut the Models in WWE Some Slack" EmptyFri 28 Oct 2011, 1:48 pm

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/910798-why-fans-needs-to-cut-the-models-in-wwe-some-slack

(There's a lot of quotes, so I'll let you read for yourself to not confuse you)
Back to top Go down
Dead
The Sports Guy
Dead

Male
Number of posts : 31046
Registration date : 2008-08-19

PostSubject: Re: "Why Fans Need to Cut the Models in WWE Some Slack"   "Why Fans Need to Cut the Models in WWE Some Slack" EmptyFri 28 Oct 2011, 1:55 pm

my article will be "why WWE needs to hire women that can wrestle"
Back to top Go down
Venom
Venom
Venom

Female
Number of posts : 13288
Job/hobbies : Skelevangelist
Favorite WWE Wrestler : CM Punk
Favorite WWE Diva : Beth Phoenix
Favorite TNA Wrestler : Tommy Dreamer
Registration date : 2009-10-06

PostSubject: Re: "Why Fans Need to Cut the Models in WWE Some Slack"   "Why Fans Need to Cut the Models in WWE Some Slack" EmptyFri 28 Oct 2011, 2:00 pm

"What many fans do not realize is that most of the time, these girls are working under a management team that don’t seem to want them to succeed."

I really agree with this, actually. You can practically call it slavery if the girls weren't getting paid.
Back to top Go down
REIGNBOW
World Champion
World Champion
REIGNBOW

Female
Number of posts : 1692
Job/hobbies : Being the person you all love :)
dolph ziggler
Sheamus
Cody Rhodes

Favorite WWE Diva : paige
Layla El
Rosa Mendes
Alicia Fox

Favorite TNA Wrestler : Alex Shelley
Austin Aries
Favorite TNA Knockout : Brooke Tessmacher
Rosita

Registration date : 2009-11-24

PostSubject: Re: "Why Fans Need to Cut the Models in WWE Some Slack"   "Why Fans Need to Cut the Models in WWE Some Slack" EmptyFri 28 Oct 2011, 2:02 pm

yeah , and the one thing that makes me tolerate most of them, is that most women wont do what they do, although it isnt top notch they still go out there and do shit that most of cant say we'd do. and they still do it cause they love it
Back to top Go down
bobby_says_hi
World Champion
World Champion

Male
Number of posts : 1480
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Evan Bourne, The Miz, Kaval
Favorite WWE Diva : Gail Kim, Eve Torres, LayCool
Favorite TNA Wrestler : AJ Styles, British Invasion, Ink Inc, Austin Aries, Motor City Machine Guns
Favorite TNA Knockout : Angelina Love, Sarita
Registration date : 2010-01-21

PostSubject: Re: "Why Fans Need to Cut the Models in WWE Some Slack"   "Why Fans Need to Cut the Models in WWE Some Slack" EmptyFri 28 Oct 2011, 2:25 pm

i knew Ivory and Jacqueline were proper bitches but that kind of stuff is really unprofessional. i wonder if Ivory forgot that she was a Godfather's Ho or that she wrestled in gravy, chocolate pudding and all that stuff. did Jackie forget that she bared her breasts on PPV? people don't seem to understand how hard wrestling training is. even if you get trained on a per-match basis like Ashley and Maria did it's still a lot of work. you might think that knowing about bumping and stuff will help prepare you for it but even if you're learning to bump on crash mats or in the ring itself, it's still a lot of pain. the powder puffs and "break a nail" types don't last long as evidenced by the long list of women who left after a few weeks or months. the ones who are there made it through the training so they definitely want to be there
Back to top Go down
Paul Wyatt
Paul Wyatt

Male
Bray Wyatt
Daniel Bryan
Dolph Ziggler
Sheamus
The Shield
The Usos
Wade Barrett
Natalya
Bobby Roode
Bully Ray
Eric Young
James Storm

PostSubject: Re: "Why Fans Need to Cut the Models in WWE Some Slack"   "Why Fans Need to Cut the Models in WWE Some Slack" EmptyFri 28 Oct 2011, 2:41 pm

Dead wrote:
my article will be "why WWE needs to hire women that can wrestle"

Why don't you make one for Bleacher Report? It's a great place for fans to share their thoughts on wrestling and sports.

I love their lists. Like "10 reasons punk is the best in the world" or ""Top 5 NFC contenders of 2011."
Back to top Go down
Dead
The Sports Guy
Dead

Male

PostSubject: Re: "Why Fans Need to Cut the Models in WWE Some Slack"   "Why Fans Need to Cut the Models in WWE Some Slack" EmptyFri 28 Oct 2011, 2:51 pm

Anyone can make articles for them? if thats the case, il do that tonight
Back to top Go down
WarGreymon77
Midcarder
Midcarder
WarGreymon77

Male
Number of posts : 466
Favorite WWE Wrestler : The Undertaker, Triple H, R-Truth, Booker T, Teddy Long, CM Punk
Favorite WWE Diva : 'Kharma', Kelly Kelly, Maryse
Favorite TNA Wrestler : Sting, Brother Devon, A.J. Styles, Beer Money Inc, "The Pope" D'Angelo Dinero
Favorite TNA Knockout : Velvet Sky, Mickie James, Angelina Love, So Cal Val, Daffney...
Registration date : 2011-02-02

PostSubject: Re: "Why Fans Need to Cut the Models in WWE Some Slack"   "Why Fans Need to Cut the Models in WWE Some Slack" EmptyFri 28 Oct 2011, 2:56 pm

Here's the thing they don't seem to understand. I don't hate on the models for their inability to wrestle. I blame WWE for their hiring practices. Instead of bringing women up from the independent circuit, they'd rather hire a Playboy bunny. THAT is the problem.
Back to top Go down
Paul Wyatt
Paul Wyatt

Male
Bray Wyatt
Daniel Bryan
Dolph Ziggler
Sheamus
The Shield
The Usos
Wade Barrett
Natalya
Bobby Roode
Bully Ray
Eric Young
James Storm

PostSubject: Re: "Why Fans Need to Cut the Models in WWE Some Slack"   "Why Fans Need to Cut the Models in WWE Some Slack" EmptyFri 28 Oct 2011, 3:14 pm

Dead wrote:
Anyone can make articles for them? if thats the case, il do that tonight

Yeah, I found that out like two weeks ago. It's refreshing to get a different perspective.

WarGreymon77 wrote:
Here's the thing they don't seem to understand. I don't hate on the models for their inability to wrestle. I blame WWE for their hiring practices. Instead of bringing women up from the independent circuit, they'd rather hire a Playboy bunny. THAT is the problem.

It's the problem and it's very irritating.
Back to top Go down
REIGNBOW
World Champion
World Champion
REIGNBOW

Female
dolph ziggler
Sheamus
Cody Rhodes

Layla El
Rosa Mendes
Alicia Fox

Austin Aries
Rosita

PostSubject: Re: "Why Fans Need to Cut the Models in WWE Some Slack"   "Why Fans Need to Cut the Models in WWE Some Slack" EmptyFri 28 Oct 2011, 5:39 pm

thing is trish was a modle turned wrestler, yet she is praised. Double standard bs.
i feel like if they want to wrestle give them a chance, they have the heart and balls to do it, i odnt know many women who wanna do that shit, and i agree the should give indy women a chance. bottom line is i haste kelly kelly, i really do , but she goes out there and wrestles, i wouldnt do that shit for many reasons, i just feel like they need to cut them some slack. i love the dod angle, but notice the only two women who can supposedly wrestle in the company have manlish features. JUST SAYIN.
Back to top Go down
Dead
The Sports Guy
Dead

Male

PostSubject: Re: "Why Fans Need to Cut the Models in WWE Some Slack"   "Why Fans Need to Cut the Models in WWE Some Slack" EmptyFri 28 Oct 2011, 5:57 pm

because Trish took the time out to learn the craft, she wasnt thrown into matches right away, she was a manager first that started wrestling full time. its funny how the diva who set the standard for womens wrestling is always bashed and criticized, yet there is no diva today that will EVER come close to Trish. i guess thats why people always complain about her, because the favorites today simply arent good enough to touch her in terms of popularity.

as far as Beth and Natalya looking like men, who the fuck cares? they can WRESTLE and thats all that matters to me, they could both have mullets and unibrows, but as long as they can go, i dont give a damn.
Back to top Go down
REIGNBOW
World Champion
World Champion
REIGNBOW

Female
dolph ziggler
Sheamus
Cody Rhodes

Layla El
Rosa Mendes
Alicia Fox

Austin Aries
Rosita

PostSubject: Re: "Why Fans Need to Cut the Models in WWE Some Slack"   "Why Fans Need to Cut the Models in WWE Some Slack" EmptyFri 28 Oct 2011, 6:10 pm

iff they are supposed to be women wrestlers, they shold look like women.
Trish , is way over hyped, she was pushed,, and yeah she learned , but thats not the divas fult or not learning, its wwe's, and thats my whole point. Dont shoot the messenger.
Back to top Go down
Dead
The Sports Guy
Dead

Male

PostSubject: Re: "Why Fans Need to Cut the Models in WWE Some Slack"   "Why Fans Need to Cut the Models in WWE Some Slack" EmptyFri 28 Oct 2011, 6:15 pm

women wrestlers arent supposed to look like toothpicks either, Michelle McCool says hello.

i dont see how someone who learned something and is good at it, is overhyped. if youre good, youre GOOD. also, i dont blame WWE for the inability to wrestle, people are sent to FCW and were sent to OVW for a reason
Back to top Go down
#WeWantTaryn
Divas Lover.
#WeWantTaryn

Male
Number of posts : 7477
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Roman Reigns
Daniel Bryan
Jimmy & Jey Uso
Seth Rollins
Dolph Ziggler
Antonio Cesaro

Favorite WWE Diva : AJ Lee
Alicia Fox

Favorite TNA Wrestler : EC3
Austin Aries
MVP
Roode
Bobby Lashley
Kenny King
Favorite TNA Knockout : Taryn Terrell
Brittany
Angelina Love
Registration date : 2008-06-28

PostSubject: Re: "Why Fans Need to Cut the Models in WWE Some Slack"   "Why Fans Need to Cut the Models in WWE Some Slack" EmptyFri 28 Oct 2011, 10:08 pm

Yeah But some Divas dont get called up and moved to FCW or OVW.For example Kelly Kelly was only in OVW for 2 weeks and she only had 1 match and it was battle royal and she didnt even do anything in that match she then got called up asap and was sent to ecw.Ashley won the diva search didnt even have time to train and she was already wrestling the next week.It must be a real pain in the ass that you have to do both at the same time train and be on tv.The thing is theres nothing wrong with signing someone who wants to become a diva or wrestler as long as they train them right and if they dont like it then they can leave and whoever does can stay and train untill there ready to be on tv.
Back to top Go down
Shimmer Mark
World Champion
World Champion
Shimmer Mark

Male
Number of posts : 2263
Job/hobbies : Banking
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Antonio Cesaro, Justin Gabriel, Evan Bourne
Favorite WWE Diva : AJ, Natalya, Paige
Favorite TNA Wrestler : AJ Styles, Christopher Daniels
Favorite TNA Knockout : Gail Kim
Registration date : 2008-09-13

PostSubject: Re: "Why Fans Need to Cut the Models in WWE Some Slack"   "Why Fans Need to Cut the Models in WWE Some Slack" EmptyFri 28 Oct 2011, 10:22 pm

Reign To The Bow wrote:

I cannot believe you said this. Not only do I find it ignorant, but I also find it disrespectful. What would you say if someone said that about you. "Why Fans Need to Cut the Models in WWE Some Slack" 191221

My problem with the current state of models vs wrestlers isn't that training is hard it is that women such as Kelly Kelly (and Velvet Sky on the TNA side) have been in the business FAR too long to be performing at the level they are. And with the level they are performing they should NOT be getting title runs. Others in WWE, like The Bella Twins and Maryse (although she is gone now) just aren't good enough to get the main card type matches. There are FAR too many women that are trained skilled wrestlers that would love to have a chance to work for WWE that are extremely beautiful that can perform in the ring.

Back to top Go down
The LL Father
THEE LaylaLover
The LL Father

Male
Number of posts : 18234
Job/hobbies : Sleeping and Drinking
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Kane
Kaval
William Regal
Dolph Ziggler
The Miz
Favorite WWE Diva : Layla El
Beth Pheonix
Vickie Guerrero
Rosa Mendes
Gail Kim
Favorite TNA Wrestler : N/A
Favorite TNA Knockout : N/A
Registration date : 2008-08-03

PostSubject: Re: "Why Fans Need to Cut the Models in WWE Some Slack"   "Why Fans Need to Cut the Models in WWE Some Slack" EmptyFri 28 Oct 2011, 10:47 pm

i get that Trish learned the craft and got good so does deserve some praise....but bringing up irrelevant shit like managing before wrestling is just that irrelevant.

Trish was lucky....she was around the time where they were using women wrestlers to wrestle and eye candy to manage.

It is not any of the models fault that they are in an era were they have to learn to wrestle WHILST wrestling on SD and Raw for 2 minutes a week....yet you always seem so negative and come out with very personal comments like calling them slags or w.e , why can't people understand that.
Back to top Go down
#WeWantTaryn
Divas Lover.
#WeWantTaryn

Male
Daniel Bryan
Jimmy & Jey Uso
Seth Rollins
Dolph Ziggler
Antonio Cesaro

Alicia Fox

Austin Aries
MVP
Roode
Bobby Lashley
Kenny King
Brittany
Angelina Love

PostSubject: Re: "Why Fans Need to Cut the Models in WWE Some Slack"   "Why Fans Need to Cut the Models in WWE Some Slack" EmptyFri 28 Oct 2011, 10:57 pm

Comparing trish to divas now is just not fair for any diva currently the divas today are dam sure not the divas from the wwf era.If we could get real feuds and mic time and promos and characters from these girls then I dont think we would be having this problem.Matter of fact the divas today are much better from the divas we had back in the wwf when half the girls were straight eye candy like terri,debra,kat,trish,sable,etc.Back then these girls were wrestling in high heels and stink face matches bikini contests for the wwf womens title,mud matches,evening gown matches.So I dont see why that was the golden years.
Back to top Go down
Dead
The Sports Guy
Dead

Male

PostSubject: Re: "Why Fans Need to Cut the Models in WWE Some Slack"   "Why Fans Need to Cut the Models in WWE Some Slack" EmptyFri 28 Oct 2011, 11:13 pm

@LL: how is Trish being a manager irrelevant? she wasnt thrown into matches right away, unlike most divas today

@DL: no, just no
Back to top Go down
Shimmer Mark
World Champion
World Champion
Shimmer Mark

Male

PostSubject: Re: "Why Fans Need to Cut the Models in WWE Some Slack"   "Why Fans Need to Cut the Models in WWE Some Slack" EmptyFri 28 Oct 2011, 11:40 pm

DrizzyDrakeFan wrote:
Comparing trish to divas now is just not fair for any diva currently the divas today are dam sure not the divas from the wwf era.If we could get real feuds and mic time and promos and characters from these girls then I dont think we would be having this problem.Matter of fact the divas today are much better from the divas we had back in the wwf when half the girls were straight eye candy like terri,debra,kat,trish,sable,etc.Back then these girls were wrestling in high heels and stink face matches bikini contests for the wwf womens title,mud matches,evening gown matches.So I dont see why that was the golden years.

You don't seriously think the Golden Era of Women's wrestling was highlighting Debra, Terri, and The Kat do you?
Back to top Go down
#WeWantTaryn
Divas Lover.
#WeWantTaryn

Male
Daniel Bryan
Jimmy & Jey Uso
Seth Rollins
Dolph Ziggler
Antonio Cesaro

Alicia Fox

Austin Aries
MVP
Roode
Bobby Lashley
Kenny King
Brittany
Angelina Love

PostSubject: Re: "Why Fans Need to Cut the Models in WWE Some Slack"   "Why Fans Need to Cut the Models in WWE Some Slack" EmptySat 29 Oct 2011, 12:20 am

No to me the golden erra was in 2003-06 its just I dont see what the big deal was back in 1999-2002.
Back to top Go down
Dead
The Sports Guy
Dead

Male

PostSubject: Re: "Why Fans Need to Cut the Models in WWE Some Slack"   "Why Fans Need to Cut the Models in WWE Some Slack" EmptySat 29 Oct 2011, 1:31 am

DrizzyDrakeFan wrote:
No to me the golden erra was in 2003-06 its just I dont see what the big deal was back in 1999-2002.

you do know the supposed "Golden Era" had the very same matches you just disagreed with in the late 90s right?
Back to top Go down
#WeWantTaryn
Divas Lover.
#WeWantTaryn

Male
Daniel Bryan
Jimmy & Jey Uso
Seth Rollins
Dolph Ziggler
Antonio Cesaro

Alicia Fox

Austin Aries
MVP
Roode
Bobby Lashley
Kenny King
Brittany
Angelina Love

PostSubject: Re: "Why Fans Need to Cut the Models in WWE Some Slack"   "Why Fans Need to Cut the Models in WWE Some Slack" EmptySat 29 Oct 2011, 2:03 am

But back in the 90s they did it on a daily bases.But in 03 thru 06 it was a whole diffrent era it felt more right.
Back to top Go down
Paul Wyatt
Paul Wyatt

Male
Bray Wyatt
Daniel Bryan
Dolph Ziggler
Sheamus
The Shield
The Usos
Wade Barrett
Natalya
Bobby Roode
Bully Ray
Eric Young
James Storm

PostSubject: Re: "Why Fans Need to Cut the Models in WWE Some Slack"   "Why Fans Need to Cut the Models in WWE Some Slack" EmptySat 29 Oct 2011, 2:26 am

The only person post-Trish who didn't have any previous training to have great success was McCool. Her first 2-3 yrs with WWE she was manager and training.

If WWE was as impatient back in 2000 through 2005/6 chances are slim either would have ever succeeded.

Anyway, what I can't wrapped my head around for the life of me is why people within WWE feel that it would be better to hire raw undeveloped talent. Then, complain (Vince) about the people you're hiring being wasted space.
Back to top Go down
Dead
The Sports Guy
Dead

Male

PostSubject: Re: "Why Fans Need to Cut the Models in WWE Some Slack"   "Why Fans Need to Cut the Models in WWE Some Slack" EmptySat 29 Oct 2011, 2:29 am

DrizzyDrakeFan wrote:
But back in the 90s they did it on a daily bases.But in 03 thru 06 it was a whole diffrent era it felt more right.

you cant contradict your statement because of 2 different eras
Back to top Go down
perceval
World Champion
World Champion

Number of posts : 1445
Registration date : 2011-06-10

PostSubject: Re: "Why Fans Need to Cut the Models in WWE Some Slack"   "Why Fans Need to Cut the Models in WWE Some Slack" EmptySat 29 Oct 2011, 9:57 pm

Why does everyone forget Victoria? Fitness model with no wrestling experience signed to the WWF, put on TV, then sent to OVW to train. That was even the basis for the feud that put the Women's Division in the upper card.

Spoiler:

It was Battle of the Models! But, these were no Barbie Dolls. How a wrestling background team vs modeling background team looked, then...

Spoiler:

Looks a lot more even than DoD vs Kelly/Eve, doesn't it? The wrestling background team was even outweighed, but the DoD would have been outweighed by that model team.

But, as has been brought up before, Trish and Victoria were fitness models, big muscular girls that were mainly about fitness and conditioning, as that was what they were selling. So, they had the muscle and conditioning, power and speed, strength and durability, going in. They just needed to learn to wrestle.

I don't think folks should discuss fitness models and swimsuit/lingerie models as though they're the same thing. Trish & Victoria (not to mention fitness model turned wrestler Chyna) would never have made it in swimsuit/lingerie modeling. They were too big and bulky. But, big and bulky is fine for pro wrestling. Swimsuit models have to develop the muscle and conditioning in addition to learning to wrestle.
Back to top Go down
Paul Wyatt
Paul Wyatt

Male
Bray Wyatt
Daniel Bryan
Dolph Ziggler
Sheamus
The Shield
The Usos
Wade Barrett
Natalya
Bobby Roode
Bully Ray
Eric Young
James Storm

PostSubject: Re: "Why Fans Need to Cut the Models in WWE Some Slack"   "Why Fans Need to Cut the Models in WWE Some Slack" EmptySun 30 Oct 2011, 4:46 am

perceval wrote:

Why does everyone forget Victoria? Fitness model with no wrestling experience signed to the WWF, put on TV, then sent to OVW to train. That was even the basis for the feud that put the Women's Division in the upper card.

Spoiler:

It was Battle of the Models! But, these were no Barbie Dolls. How a wrestling background team vs modeling background team looked, then...

Spoiler:

Looks a lot more even than DoD vs Kelly/Eve, doesn't it? The wrestling background team was even outweighed, but the DoD would have been outweighed by that model team.

But, as has been brought up before, Trish and Victoria were fitness models, big muscular girls that were mainly about fitness and conditioning, as that was what they were selling. So, they had the muscle and conditioning, power and speed, strength and durability, going in. They just needed to learn to wrestle.

I don't think folks should discuss fitness models and swimsuit/lingerie models as though they're the same thing. Trish & Victoria (not to mention fitness model turned wrestler Chyna) would never have made it in swimsuit/lingerie modeling. They were too big and bulky. But, big and bulky is fine for pro wrestling. Swimsuit models have to develop the muscle and conditioning in addition to learning to wrestle.

As one of Godfather's Hoes. Then she trained, was given a gimmick then put on tv to wrestle. There's a huge difference between that and having been signed for only a few months, given no virtually no time to train, then put on tv to wrestle.

I don't like the corny bs they're doing with Aksana, but she has been brought on as a personality and she isn't wrestling (yet) so I am okay with that. If you going to buy a big cake for a special occasion, would you trust someone who has no sort of pastry experience or buy one from a pastry shop? Only point I'm trying to make is until those amateurs gain enough experience to where they can be reliable, I want experienced pastry chef baking those cakes (wrestlers wrestling.)
Back to top Go down
Shimmer Mark
World Champion
World Champion
Shimmer Mark

Male

PostSubject: Re: "Why Fans Need to Cut the Models in WWE Some Slack"   "Why Fans Need to Cut the Models in WWE Some Slack" EmptySun 30 Oct 2011, 10:31 am

^Being a fan of women's wrestling, I agree with this completely.

However, I think the fall out has been that WWE is more interested in getting ratings. A lot of the fan base for professional wrestling is men. As a general rule, men can be pigs. Of course, there are more than plenty exceptions. WWE has been more concerned with putting very attractive women in the ring than putting very skilled women because I think the assumption is that women's wrestling has little to no fan base.
Back to top Go down
perceval
World Champion
World Champion

PostSubject: Re: "Why Fans Need to Cut the Models in WWE Some Slack"   "Why Fans Need to Cut the Models in WWE Some Slack" EmptySun 30 Oct 2011, 2:21 pm

And that is the company ignoring what actually worked for the Women's Division. It was at it's most popular when they had talented women putting on great, hard hitting, matches. Yeah, Trish and Victoria's good looks helped get their feud, and the Division as a whole, over, but it was mainly what they did when they started fighting.

Being good looking was a large part of Madusa's appeal, as well, not to mention Sherri and Wendi Richter. But, it's that way with the top guys, too. John Morrison owes most of his popularity to his good looks. Hogan, Flair, Bret, HBK, Rock, Triple H... Good looks helped push them to the top. Even Austin was considered a "pretty boy" when he was first coming up. Lou Thesz's good looks were touted as much as his skills as what made him such a great prospect when he was coming up. Mick Foley is that rare exception to the rule.

But, you still gotta do it in the ring, where it really counts. Trish and Lita weren't the prettiest women there, but they were, nevertheless, the top ones. The group of women that held the Championship during the Golden Era (Trish, Jazz, Molly, Victoria, Gail, Lita, Mickie) brought credibility to the gold and red belt, made it be seen as on par with the men's championships.

And, this just so happens to have been when the Divas were most over with the fans.

So, just looking at what the fans respond to kills the idea that it's all about pretty faces. To maintain that belief, they had to actually ignore what worked and what didn't. As for what to do with the pure Eye Candy, as I've said before, Stacy and Torrie were hugely popular and marketable, and never held the Championship. They didn't need it, and it didn't need them.

But, that was before PG, some would say. Well... What is Wrestlemania VII mainly remembered for? Hogan was the Main Event, sure, but that WM is remembered and loved because of Miss Elizabeth. She was one of the most popular women they ever had, and she not only never had the Championship, but was from the kid friendly Rock'n'Wrestling Era. The non-wrestler women just need good, long term, storylines (In the case of that classic moment with Elizabeth, the storyline had over two years of build up). Write it well, and a non-wrestling woman can bring the house down.
Back to top Go down
Paul Wyatt
Paul Wyatt

Male
Bray Wyatt
Daniel Bryan
Dolph Ziggler
Sheamus
The Shield
The Usos
Wade Barrett
Natalya
Bobby Roode
Bully Ray
Eric Young
James Storm

PostSubject: Re: "Why Fans Need to Cut the Models in WWE Some Slack"   "Why Fans Need to Cut the Models in WWE Some Slack" EmptySun 30 Oct 2011, 2:57 pm

The problem with that is there's so many on the current roster that shouldn't be wrestling who are. With no one ready to receive a push, how do you work to build the division around these young faces? Not only are are these girls unprepared in the ring, but they don't connect with the fans that well - a problem even plenty of the guys have. If you can't wrestle and you're not an interesting person to watch, why should I care?
Back to top Go down
REIGNBOW
World Champion
World Champion
REIGNBOW

Female
dolph ziggler
Sheamus
Cody Rhodes

Layla El
Rosa Mendes
Alicia Fox

Austin Aries
Rosita

PostSubject: Re: "Why Fans Need to Cut the Models in WWE Some Slack"   "Why Fans Need to Cut the Models in WWE Some Slack" EmptySun 30 Oct 2011, 6:23 pm

Shimmer Mark wrote:
Reign To The Bow wrote:

I cannot believe you said this. Not only do I find it ignorant, but I also find it disrespectful. What would you say if someone said that about you. "Why Fans Need to Cut the Models in WWE Some Slack" 191221

My problem with the current state of models vs wrestlers isn't that training is hard it is that women such as Kelly Kelly (and Velvet Sky on the TNA side) have been in the business FAR too long to be performing at the level they are. And with the level they are performing they should NOT be getting title runs. Others in WWE, like The Bella Twins and Maryse (although she is gone now) just aren't good enough to get the main card type matches. There are FAR too many women that are trained skilled wrestlers that would love to have a chance to work for WWE that are extremely beautiful that can perform in the ring.

im just saying, wwe divas today are supposed to be smart sexy and powerful, not saying they are ugly, but beth in that pink dress was just unnatural looking to me,
Back to top Go down
perceval
World Champion
World Champion

PostSubject: Re: "Why Fans Need to Cut the Models in WWE Some Slack"   "Why Fans Need to Cut the Models in WWE Some Slack" EmptySun 30 Oct 2011, 8:29 pm

Reign To The Bow wrote:
Shimmer Mark wrote:
Reign To The Bow wrote:

im just saying, wwe divas today are supposed to be smart sexy and powerful, not saying they are ugly, but beth in that pink dress was just unnatural looking to me,

There's a reason the Golden Era is called that. It was the most popular time for women wrestlers. It wasn't Debra or Miss Kitty that made the gold and red belt popular. It was those big muscuar girls that weren't the swimsuit/lingerie model types you see everywhere else. Even the Diva of the Golden Era was a squat and especially muscular woman with shoulders so broad she often looked like she should have been playing football...

Spoiler:

And the redhead was no supermodel, either. There was plenty of traditional model types on the roster, plenty of prettier Divas. Yet, these are the Big Two that the modern Divas live in the shadow of.

But, that was then, this is now? Now, it's the skin and bones girls that are the most marketable? Again, we have the 2011 magazine cover score...

Muscle Girl Diva that's been retired for 5 years: 7
Entire Current Diva Roster: 2... Oops, that's back to 1 now, isn't it?

So, not only can we compare how over the Golden Era Divas were at the time compared to the modern ones, but we can compare how popular and marketable they are, right now. Even in 2011, the score is 7-1 in favor of the Golden Era Divas.

ESPN understands this. The nude photo on a recent cover of their magazine wasn't of a skin and bones swimsuit/lingerie model, but of Hope Solo.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "Why Fans Need to Cut the Models in WWE Some Slack"   "Why Fans Need to Cut the Models in WWE Some Slack" Empty

Back to top Go down

"Why Fans Need to Cut the Models in WWE Some Slack"
Page 1 of 1